Where is this?

jambogaz1968

2 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

Is it in vermin territory?

No, I've already said that a couple of guesses were close to the desired location 

8 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

It's nice of you to give 2 points, but I'll just take the 1 point as the tricky bit is finding the location and I think we all sort of agreed that it's 1 point per picture :) 

Just in case H2 scrolls past this bit.... 1 point to me! ;) 

Thanks, I have to admit big and bold makes it easire to find:thumbsup:

Redjambo............................014

Mark_MyWords.....................008

Tazio..................................... 006

All roads lead to Gorgie .......006

Andy nic.................................004

Dunks.....................................004

netherleejambo.....................004

Graygo....................................004

H2...........................................004

Frenchman Returns..............004

luckyBatustuta......................003

Big Bazza...............................003

Sharky999..............................003

Sutol........................................003

Vladmagic..............................002

RobboM..................................002

Carl Fredrickson.....................001

Biko.........................................001

Boof.........................................001

Deeside Jambo.......................001

Sarah O.....................................001

Ally Bee....................................001

ginga........................................001

1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

**** it driving me bonkers I want to get it before the brainy bassas wake up

Me too.

Wait a ****in minute.   Is that tenement still there today?

That's what I'm asking myself. I've been up and down every bloody road in Gorgie on Google Street View and I haven't found it yet. :)

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That's what I'm asking myself. I've been up and down every bloody road in Gorgie on Google Street View and I haven't found it yet. :)

I know most streets seem to have small gardens between the pavement and tenement !

Just now, Shedro said:

And we have a winner, well done.. POINT TO REDJAMBO 

:D Sorry, Deeside.

It's changed a wee bit since the photo was taken! Where did you get the photo, Shedro?

Aw for Christ’s sake.   I sit for **** ages and the **** place is nae even there.

can I get a point foe sussing out it’s no there.

sake

Just now, redjambo said:

:D Sorry, Deeside.

It's changed a wee bit since the photo was taken! Where did you get the photo, Shedro?

Had it since I was a kid, I actually stayed in the top stair #4 that had the bookies next door 

1 minute ago, Shedro said:

Had it since I was a kid, I actually stayed in the top stair #4 that had the bookies next door 

Nice one.

If you feel the inclination, these guys might likes copies of some of your photos: http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/

All roads lead to Gorgie

A lot of people kicking themselves this morning! That tenement was certainly opposite the Tynie Arms in my early days at Tynecastle although I have to point out I am not as old as the Photo!;)

Seething 

the missus told me to get off the IPhone and I told her I was doing something important so could she please shut her piehole and bring me a coffee.    She stamps off and makes one for herself and now thinks I’m a prick.

and while this is going on redjbo sneaks in and kicks the can while I was distracted.

and it was me that sussed the place Isnae there.   

I mean ****s sake a ****in hour of my life wasted

From the web, relating to the colour photo in question:

Gorgie Road and McLeod Street, 1980

The tenement on the corner of McLeod Street is long gone. When this was taken it was in a withered state and soon to be demolished.

" I was born here at 4 McLeod St, Edinburgh (red building,corner window 2nd from top). Now it is the site of the new Tynecastle secondary school. Just to the left of the green/blue shop above was the entrance to our stair. The reason why they were demolished was due to subsidence. It started with the block next to us in McLeod St (No 6) and when that was taken down some time in the 1960s it then slowly extended to our block. My parents moved house in 1983, the year I got married, so I expect the building was demolished shortly thereafter. The photo was definitely taken in 1980. The other interesting feature of the building was that it had a flat roof, accessible by a steep wooden staircase from the top floor. It was used by the women to hang out their washing and occasionally by us for a bit of sunbathing!"

8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A lot of people kicking themselves this morning! That tenement was certainly opposite the Tynie Arms in my early days at Tynecastle although I have to point out I am not as old as the Photo!;)

It was brung down around 1984 if I remember correctly 

Seething 

the missus told me to get off the IPhone and I told her I was doing something important so could she please shut her piehole and bring me a coffee.    She stamps off and makes one for herself and now thinks I’m a prick.

and while this is going on redjbo sneaks in and kicks the can while I was distracted.

and it was me that sussed the place Isnae there.   

I mean ****s sake a ****in hour of my life wasted

Tell your wife I owe her one. :)

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

From the web, relating to the colour photo in question:

Gorgie Road and McLeod Street, 1980

The tenement on the corner of McLeod Street is long gone. When this was taken it was in a withered state and soon to be demolished.

" I was born here at 4 McLeod St, Edinburgh (red building,corner window 2nd from top). Now it is the site of the new Tynecastle secondary school. Just to the left of the green/blue shop above was the entrance to our stair. The reason why they were demolished was due to subsidence. It started with the block next to us in McLeod St (No 6) and when that was taken down some time in the 1960s it then slowly extended to our block. My parents moved house in 1983, the year I got married, so I expect the building was demolished shortly thereafter. The photo was definitely taken in 1980. The other interesting feature of the building was that it had a flat roof, accessible by a steep wooden staircase from the top floor. It was used by the women to hang out their washing and occasionally by us for a bit of sunbathing!"

Don't know if you know him but Big Bernie (Had the dog Rover that he took to games)  stayed in my stair and used to keep ferrets on the very same flat roof he's on about. 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Tell your wife I owe her one. :)

she can gtf the stupid-looking minger.     I hardly ever get these things and the one chance I get she starts nipping ma **** ear.

**** slag.

4 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

she can gtf the stupid-looking minger.     I hardly ever get these things and the one chance I get she starts nipping ma **** ear.

**** slag.

Oh come on, Deeside. :) Seriously, McLeod Street was a complete "plucked out of the air" guess of mine. These things happen. You fought well. Go and give her a huge kiss and a hug, and apologise for being a ratty bugger.