'It's OK to beat hibs,it's not OK to hate them'

RoaldJensen

Wasn't quoted but, as I had posted earlier, I wanted hibs to get beat this time as I want to see us overrtake them and know we will never get anywhere near the bigot brothers. When normality returns and we are in our rightful place above them then I am quite happy to see hibs, or any other team, beat the huns and the tic

Can't get my head around Hearts fans wanting Hibs to win games.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up being the only hearts fan through primary school, then there was only 2 of us in my year through high school. Got a lot of Banter against me as you can immagine, quite a few times it went too far as well and had several bad derby results between 2000-2003 didnt help.

So personally i wouldnt say i was 'spoiled' as a Hearts fan.

I don't want anyone to succeed except Hearts, but my point was i'd much rather it was Hibs than those two bigoted embarressments

Can`t get my head around that MJ? So, you`d be happy if Hibs skipped ahead of Hearts in the trophy count? That would be unbearable.

I don`t like the OF but them winning anymore trophies really doesn`t affect me. They`ve won that many.

If any team i want to end their dominance it`s Hearts. What irks me aswell is clubs like Hibs and Dundee Utd hanging onto our coat tails in trophy terms or being able to say that we haven`t won that much more than them.........that`s what`s more embarassing for our great club.

I love seeing the OF being beaten but not by Hibs unless it benefits us.

The bottom line is some Hobos are unbearable just now and we are ahead on most things, never mind when they win things (how rare that is), but imagine them springing a surprise and having a mini trophy winning haul?.... no thanks.

I keep praying for us to extend our haul and distance ourselves from them.

Creepy Lurker

Hence you get gullible people swallowing all that garbage about fans of other teams being tramps, procreating with their sisters, sub-human blah blah etc.

I don't really think that that's true.

Guest Dipped Flake
Can't get my head around Hearts fans wanting Hibs to win games.

As I have said before, I want the bigot brothers to lose every game in an ideal world. If they were playing the hibs and it didn't harm us I would take a hibs win (still have a good laugh if the hibs get stuffed though). I have many friends and family that are hibs fans but, thankfully, don't have any family who support the weegies and only a couple of misguided friends that do...

There is an evangelical maxim that instructs us to hate the sin but not the sinner.

Just as you can hate Cancer ot the HIV virus without hating it's victims

It's theoretically possible to hate the very idea of Hibs without actually hating all real people connected with the club.

It would also be theoretically possible to hate the very idea of Hibs without actually hating any real people connected with the club*

Just as it's consistent to hate Cancer but be glad that Jade Goody is dead. Most people will find themselves somewhere between those two positions.

*or at least it would be were it not for the existence of Derek Riordan

As I have said before, I want the bigot brothers to lose every game in an ideal world. If they were playing the hibs and it didn't harm us I would take a hibs win (still have a good laugh if the hibs get stuffed though). I have many friends and family that are hibs fans but, thankfully, don't have any family who support the weegies and only a couple of misguided friends that do...

That's the way I feel...As long as Hibs beating Either of the Manky ***** from the West didn't affect us badly, I'd want them to win!!

I Hate the OF more that I hate ANYTHING in Sport!

I cant believe some of the pro-vermin guff on this thread.

I hate Hibs and everything about them.

Word.

I think that, when arguing this semantic point, a lot of people are wilfully obtuse.

It's obvious that when the vast majority of people say that they 'hate' a football team, it's meant in a slightly different way to when they say that they 'hate' (for instance) rapists or paedophiles.

Still, if it gives them that sense of superiority...

This is a general comment, not one about John Cumming.

See the thing wi me, is I ****ing hate hibees, I dont really mind rapists or paedophiles.

There seems to be some question about the use of the word 'hate' in this context, so I won't use it.

I detest Hibernian FC. I want them to lose every game they play. If their main stand burned down, I'd laugh for a week. If the club went belly up, I'd host the biggest celebration I could afford. I was deeply disappointed when Wallace Mercer failed to bury them, but I live in hope that some other philathropist will come along and complete the job for him.

I dislike Hibbies. I don't have any Hibby mates, never have had, and never will have. I've never met a Hibs supporter that I liked. I'm as likely to drink a cup of hemlock as I am to have a pint in a pub with a Hibby. I don't have a single relative who's a Hibs supporter and, if I did have one, I wouldn't talk to him except maybe about the weather.

I've felt this way as long as I can remember. So did my father, and so did my grandfather. That's nearly one hundred years of disdain and dislike for an ugly organization and its ugly fans. It's a family tradition that will be continued.

Happy New Year everybody.

Chad Sexington
There seems to be some question about the use of the word 'hate' in this context, so I won't use it.

I detest Hibernian FC. I want them to lose every game they play. If their main stand burned down, I'd laugh for a week. If the club went belly up, I'd host the biggest celebration I could afford. I was deeply disappointed when Wallace Mercer failed to bury them, but I live in hope that some other philathropist will come along and complete the job for him.

I dislike Hibbies. I don't have any Hibby mates, never have had, and never will have. I've never met a Hibs supporter that I liked. I'm as likely to drink a cup of hemlock as I am to have a pint in a pub with a Hibby. I don't have a single relative who's a Hibs supporter and, if I did have one, I wouldn't talk to him except maybe about the weather.

I've felt this way as long as I can remember. So did my father, and so did my grandfather. That's nearly one hundred years of disdain and dislike for an ugly organization and its ugly fans. It's a family tradition that will be continued.

Fantastic post.

:thumb:

I have loads of mates who are Hibbies.

Dont I just love it on a monday, when we beat them.

They get it tight as do I when they beat us.

Big team wee team etc etc.

I dont hate them though.

I do however hate St Mirren.

Feel pity for anybody that uses the word hate. The derby is the best game to win but that does not mean that I hate Hibs. To use the word hate to-wards a football team shows a severe lack of moral fibre and quite frankly a lack of basic education.

We have enough things in the world to hate without being silly and hating a football team.:wilted_rose:

Best.

Post.

Ever.

FACT.

PresidentRomanov

Could've written that myself, you've no idea how much we have in common, you've just restored my faith in the Canadian Hearts support :thumb:

Could've written that myself, you've no idea how much we have in common, you've just restored my faith in the Canadian Hearts support :thumb:

You've changed your tune over the Canadian Hearts fans. :shocked666:

However, trust me that Ron is one of the nasty ones..... :peek_by_Andrin:

PresidentRomanov
You've changed your tune over the Canadian Hearts fans. :shocked666:

However, trust me that Ron is one of the nasty ones..... :peek_by_Andrin:

I've certainly changed my tune about one of them anyway, that post was magnificent, and i like nasty Hearts supporters :content:

Guest Dipped Flake

Saddest post I have ever read.

lets not get to sentimental here................................

i have a few hobo mates and they totally detest all things hearts with a passion,the week leading up to the game is quite comical really.

they work themselves up into a right old state,its ******ing hilarious.for that reason come match day they become the bitter knobs they are,afterwards,sometimes takes a few days if we do them, they return to the norm...........................

perils of being a weeteamer is suppose..................

Archived