'It's OK to beat hibs,it's not OK to hate them'

RoaldJensen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
discuss.

And before I get torn to shreds I'm merely quoting the words of the greatest Jambo ever, John Cumming. :smiliz21:

:santa1:

cat_and_pigeons_small.jpg

He's right, they just happen to be our local rivals. I reserve my hatred for ra glesca sellick.

The Real Maroonblood
discuss.

And before I get torn to shreds I'm merely quoting the words of the greatest Jambo ever, John Cumming. :smiliz21:

Wise words.

Hate is bad for the soul.

As a few people have already said I only dislike Hibs as they are our local rivals and most of closest mates are Hibbys.

I do however hate the OF.

I've mellowed and gone past hating opposing football clubs. I want desperately to win the big games but general apathy has crept in over the years.

I do however hate what's happening to football as a whole and in particular our club. The game's a mess.

He's right, they just happen to be our local rivals. I reserve my hatred for ra glesca sellick.

aye me too actually.

I hate them with a passion.I want them to cease to exist.Everyone is entitled to their opinion.In this case his opinion is incorrect.

FTH

I hate them with a passion.I want them to cease to exist.Everyone is entitled to their opinion.In this case his opinion is incorrect.

FTH

Strangely enough the Scottish League wanted them to cease to exist when they were formed. They wouldnt have come into being if hearts hadnt defied the League management and played them a number of times to help them get established (and incurred fines for doing so).

Hearts also gave them a number of players to get started.

I guess the people at Tynecastle at the time knew we needed Hibs in the same way as Celtic need Rangers........its about money.

FTH

Wouldn't you miss the rivalry very quickly? Aren't the many victories against the Hobos oh so much sweeter because you can rub it in on an almost daily basis to your workmates etc? Imagine supporting a team that didn't have local rival, without real derby matches - it would be dull city.

maltese jambo

Seem to remember just a few days ago about 90% of people who posted on the Hibs Rangers thread apparantly hated hibs and wanted the huns to win, and couldnt 'fathom' how anyone could not hate hibs and want them to win that match!

Hibs fans are more or less the same, remember having a debate with a hibs mate trying to explain to him id rather both of our teams beat the old firm regularly and were both up there mounting a challenge not just for the good of scottish football, but with a mutual understanding that rangers and celtic represent all that is rotten with scottish football. He'd rather loose to the old firm, have no ambition, no european football and trophyless as long as they beat hearts that would make his season. Way to think outside the box there.

I'd be interested to find out when this comment was made.

I'd suspect that it was years ago when fans of Hearts and Hibs used to go to games together etc.

Much has changed since then, certainly (as far as I'm led to believe) bitterness didn't seap from every pore of your average hobo back then like it does now and that's one of the main reasons why we hate them so much.

It's great when we stuff the Hibs as they're our local rivals and it's good banter but I don't hate them. I have family and friends who are hibby's. However I f****n hate the OF.

I don't Hibs..at all. Local rivalry yes. I really do hate the OF and all they stand for. I grew up amongst religious bigotry and I'll never ever get it.

Teuchterjambo

When used in discussion about our relationship with the Hibs I would say it is used more for emphasis of the rivalry than the true meaning of the word. When we examine our real feelings the vast majority are unlikely to hate. Hatred is a consuming emotion that is both negative and potentially evil and those of you who can apply it solely to football really need to take a look at yourselves.

I hope with all my heart that we absolutely slaughter that shower from Lochend this week and I will probably use all sorts of expletives to show my emotions but hatred in the true sense will not be one of them - lets take a leaf out of John Cummings book !

I don't hate Hibs, they are simply local rivals who I love to see roundly humiliated (bet they thought they'd go on to annihilate Rangers when they scored that goal in 12 seconds....funny stuff). I don't particularly hate the Old Firm either as such, I do hate the weegie bias and the whole Irish politics bollocks that go along with the OF though.

On a side note why is it that almost every single Rangers fan I know is just one step up from our cave dwelling ancestors. Scientist looking for the 'missing link' need only turn up at Ibrox on a match day, there's thousands of the feckers.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
On a side note why is it that almost every single Rangers fan I know is just one step up from our cave dwelling ancestors.

funny that you only know cave dwellers - are you one yourself

discuss.

Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it.

I dislike Hibs very much, to put it one way.

I don't hate Hibs, they are simply local rivals who I love to see roundly humiliated (bet they thought they'd go on to annihilate Rangers when they scored that goal in 12 seconds....funny stuff). I don't particularly hate the Old Firm either as such, I do hate the weegie bias and the whole Irish politics bollocks that go along with the OF though.

On a side note why is it that almost every single Rangers fan I know is just one step up from our cave dwelling ancestors. Scientist looking for the 'missing link' need only turn up at Ibrox on a match day, there's thousands of the feckers.

And Parkhead.

Guest JamboRobbo

Watch out you'll have the rangers fans/apologists on here having a go at you in a minute.

chester copperpot

I will buck the trend on this thread and state on the record, that I ****ing hate the Hibs.

I have a couple of good mates that are Hobbits, but I still hate the fans/football team/stadium, everything that putrid little club stands for.

Seem to remember just a few days ago about 90% of people who posted on the Hibs Rangers thread apparantly hated hibs and wanted the huns to win, and couldnt 'fathom' how anyone could not hate hibs and want them to win that match!

Hibs fans are more or less the same, remember having a debate with a hibs mate trying to explain to him id rather both of our teams beat the old firm regularly and were both up there mounting a challenge not just for the good of scottish football, but with a mutual understanding that rangers and celtic represent all that is rotten with scottish football. He'd rather loose to the old firm, have no ambition, no european football and trophyless as long as they beat hearts that would make his season. Way to think outside the box there.

I never want Hibs to have success, only Hearts. It`s ok trying to be all "American" and have a love in with the Hobos but is that not what the OF do? They love dominating Scottish football and don`t want anyone else to upset their cosy 1-2.

I was very young when Hearts slid into the First division and had a bad run v Hibs prevous to that. I totally appreciate how the older guys and gals feel, who were around then, and have heard all the stories.

I think many of the ones who refuse to hate or dislike the Hobos are the ones who have been spolit, like me, of witnessing a great record v the Hobos from living memory, the difference is i don`t let that soften me up.

I have friends and family who are Hoboids and like them very much but when it comes to football i just don`t have an ounce of care or feeling, how little it may be, for their football club. They would say the same about Hearts.

The huns must be the biggest bunch of knuckle draggers in world football. I can't think of anybody who even comes close, I'd feel safer in the middle of a crowd of Millwall fans.

Couldn't say I hate Hibs at all, they've given me so much enjoyment over the years.

Top of my hate list at the moment are Celtc, there's something about the bizarre combination of arrogance and victim mentality of their unwashed ****bag fans that gets right on my thrupennies.

Not to mention the way their ****my club is run, owned by Desmond (billionaire), managed by Liewell (smarmy ******), fronted by Reid (war criminal and friend of ethnic cleanser Radovan Karadzic), pimping themselves to the EPL and Sky at any opportunity. They're like a horrible oozing sore that represents everything that's gone wrong with football.

john brownlee
I'd be interested to find out when this comment was made.

I'd suspect that it was years ago when fans of Hearts and Hibs used to go to games together etc.

Much has changed since then, certainly (as far as I'm led to believe) bitterness didn't seap from every pore of your average hobo back then like it does now and that's one of the main reasons why we hate them so much.

that was always the down side of segragation

before, We always went to matches with our hibby mates you couldn't help as most of us drank in the same pub before the game so there was never a problem as they were mates

Segragation changed that as you went your seperate ways to the match and after one set usually the defeated went home so no contac and no match discussion or banter. Only the nutters left who wanted to prove a point and they were the bad losers.

Anyway its now and all I do is laugh at the delusioned hobos

Geoff Kilpatrick

H**s?

I have plenty of h**s' friends and acquaintances. I can talk football with them amongst other things. Do I ever want to see them win a game, let alone a trophy? No.

If that counts as hatred, I fail John Cumming's test.

I do think that people use the word hate too loosely. Reserve "hate" for things that deserve it, like the BNP or world hunger. Hating other football teams is just strange.

So John Cumming was spot on and most people seem to agree with him, myself included.

But still, this thread is not nearly controversial enough.

So here goes, not only do I not "hate" Hibs, I don't even "don't like" them.

They are our closest rivals. Their fans are our best mates (unless we lead really odd lives) and our colleagues. Some of us are even related to, or even married (not me btw) them.

So how do I feel?

I do hate losing to them, being below them in the league, not having the bragging rights.

Although I pretend to be fair minded, I'd want to be a million miles away if they ever won something other than a diddy cup.

But most of all, I find them amusing when in their most pompous, free-flowing, play the game as it should be played, warrior poets, pseudo-intellectual, patronising mode. They really do believe that historically they have been the better team, and that we are a big, physical team that only scores from set-pieces. No mountain of facts and statistics can change their delusional view of things.

And that makes me laugh out loud.

There should be a word for it, Hiberniodysmorphia: the belief that you are good at something in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Even more baffling is the propensity for the media to accept all of this without question.

Life would be so much less colourful without them. Thank god for the Hibees. Glory, glory....

heartgarfunkel
Wise words.

Hate is bad for the soul.

So true.

****ing hate St Mirren though, cheating *******s, as for that **** Mcgarvey...

Daydream Believer

I agree it's pretty stupid to hate someone on the basis of a football team they play for/support so no I don't hate them.

I'm going to allow myself hatred for rearend though, on the basis that I would hate him regardless of what team he played for.

Wouldn't you miss the rivalry very quickly? Aren't the many victories against the Hobos oh so much sweeter because you can rub it in on an almost daily basis to your workmates etc? Imagine supporting a team that didn't have local rival, without real derby matches - it would be dull city.

I honestly don't think I'd miss it.I believe we would become far stronger due to being a one team city as we would have the whole catchment area to draw fans from(obviously Hibs fans wont turn to Hearts but young kids will).Also one of my favourite moments was the 4 nil drubbing in the semi.I am happy to savour that moment and treasure it but the thought of it happening to us in reverse some day makes me want to vomit.So feck them.Let them be no more.

Believe me,they would not hesitate to laugh their bellends off if we went to the wall.

And I must lead a strange life according to some because I honestly do not have any Hobo pals nor do I want them.

They smell and take drugs.

FTH.

PresidentRomanov

I have no Hibs pals and would never want any, If I'm ever introduced to one I couldn't be more ignorant toward him if I tried, absolutely detest the slimey reptiles.

Francis Albert

I am sure John Cumming was in every way a greater man than me.

I hate them. I know I shouldn't. But I just can't help it.

My head says I should hate the OF more. But I always in my heart want them to thrash the Hibs.

I Agree re the Hobos, But, I hate Rankgers Just as much as I hate there Bigoted Sisters!! :smiliz65:

On a side note why is it that almost every single Rangers fan I know is just one step up from our cave dwelling ancestors.

You must not know many Rangers fans then, some complete arseholes yes but the ones I know are nothing like your stereotypical Rangers fan.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
I have no Hibs pals and would never want any, If I'm ever introduced to one I couldn't be more ignorant toward him if I tried, absolutely detest the slimey reptiles.

That will do for me.

It's tricky, every so often you get a small wave of Edinburgh solidarity but to me they're just alien. Everything about them is foreign to me. They stir every prejudice I have in many hypocritical, irrational ways but it all comes down to a deep seated dislike of all things Hibs and everything they stand for.

I don't know if that's hate or not.

To me it`s a mutual dislike and you put yourself in a different world for a time when it comes to football.

Everyone, Hobo or Jam Tart , sub-consciously hopes the other team does carp. We are all two faced in a way. You could sit with a group of mixed mates having a chat about football and find yourself acknowledging the other team doing well blah blah blah...but deep down you couldn`t wish for more i`ll feeling towards their club.

The ones who can`t accept this or see it is that way are deluding themselves. I don`t know many Hobos or JamTarts who don`t dislike their rivals.

It`s a warped world football but that`s what makes it great.

My late Grandad was a Hibby and when he passed away 4 years ago Hibs, to me, just became Hearts' rivals, nothing else.

Although, come matchday I feckin hate the bassas; but I suppose that's just the way it goes.

My late Grandad was a Hibby and when he passed away 4 years ago Hibs, to me, just became Hearts' rivals, nothing else.

Although, come matchday I feckin hate the bassas; but I suppose that's just the way it goes.

That's how it is for me as well. I don't generally hate them (mostly pity) but when it comes to the week before the match and matchday itself I absolutely hate them.

That's how it should be I think.

Jambo-Pipers-babe
That's how it is for me as well. I don't generally hate them (mostly pity) but when it comes to the week before the match and matchday itself I absolutely hate them.

That's how it should be I think.

I agree, don't mind if they win a few games here and there as long as it is not against us or for anything important e.g. Scottish Cup

It's an interesting one, this. In the case of many Hearts fans, do they really hate Hibs? Or is it just 90 minute hatred, as I often suspect? Is it also something that's been exaggerated by football messageboards: so many on both main boards seeking to look big, hard and demonstrate how big their penises are?

And how do we go about defining hatred anyway? People hate Hibs the club, their players, and some of their fans - but all of their fans? Really? How do you go about avoiding working with Hibs fans, for example? How does anyone become friends with a Hibs fan? Does apartheid exist in Edinburgh, or something?

When people say that Hibs fans are all "subhuman vermin, to a man, woman and child", or that they're all "methadone users, junkies, caravan dwellers and peg sellers", do they actually believe this? Or is it just banter? If your kid was to go to school, stick their hand up in a lesson on the Third Reich and say "but Miss! My Dad tells me there are subhumans out there - and they all support Hibs", would you be proud? Or appalled?

What I think happens in the case of most is that for four days a year, whenever we play them in other words, people really do hate them. For the rest, most just go about their daily lives, many drinking and working with Hibs fans. Some - a minority I suspect - really do hate them with every inch of their being: maybe because they've been assaulted by one or more in the past. Maybe because of the absolute pish Hibs fans talk about when it comes to us on an apparently daily basis. Maybe because many of them apparently cream themselves at the fantasy of Hearts going out of business.

All of which makes me laugh at them: they have no idea how ridiculous they are. But if you ask me, we're extremely lucky to have local rivals who provide such constant hilarity, and for most of our history, have been our bitches. I think most Hearts fans wouldn't recognise life without Hibs, and vice versa: in a weird kind of way, we need each other.

When people say that Hibs fans are all "subhuman vermin, to a man, woman and child", or that they're all "methadone users, junkies, caravan dwellers and peg sellers", do they actually believe this? Or is it just banter? If your kid was to go to school, stick their hand up in a lesson on the Third Reich and say "but Miss! My Dad tells me there are subhumans out there - and they all support Hibs", would you be proud? Or appalled?

If that happened, that would be hilarious. :laugh:

If that happened, that would be hilarious. :laugh:

I was thinking that as I was writing it to be honest! You could take it further though: what if someone's kid assaulted someone at school for being a Hibs fan, and justified it because they'd been told he was subhuman vermin? See what I mean?

PresidentRomanov
I was thinking that as I was writing it to be honest! You could take it further though: what if someone's kid assaulted someone at school for being a Hibs fan, and justified it because they'd been told he was subhuman vermin? See what I mean?

Hibs supporters should have separate schools, and this kind of thing would be avoided.

Ach you've gone and ruined it now :smiliz21:

But i get your point, however I don't believe for a second that anyone would possibly go that far in their hatred for Hibs that they'd teach their kids that all Hibs fans are vermin and deserve a beating.

I dont hate anyone or anything. It just causes pain and suffering to both the recipient and the perpetrator. Discrimination and prejudice start with this and end up god knows where.

Archived