'It's OK to beat hibs,it's not OK to hate them'

RoaldJensen

Seem to remember just a few days ago about 90% of people who posted on the Hibs Rangers thread apparantly hated hibs and wanted the huns to win, and couldnt 'fathom' how anyone could not hate hibs and want them to win that match!

Hibs fans are more or less the same, remember having a debate with a hibs mate trying to explain to him id rather both of our teams beat the old firm regularly and were both up there mounting a challenge not just for the good of scottish football, but with a mutual understanding that rangers and celtic represent all that is rotten with scottish football. He'd rather loose to the old firm, have no ambition, no european football and trophyless as long as they beat hearts that would make his season. Way to think outside the box there.

i was one who was insulted for not hating the hibs.some people just dont understand that there`s more worthwhile things to hate than a football team.like the bigots we have in our own support,thats something to hate

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at school I hated teh chocolate pudding they used to make us eat at school dinners.

When I grew up I ceased hating anything.

Guest Dipped Flake
i was one who was insulted for not hating the hibs.some people just dont understand that there`s more worthwhile things to hate than a football team.like the bigots we have in our own support,thats something to hate

Some think it makes them big if they show the jkb world how much they hate. To me it just make me pity them if they genuinely believe what they type on here. Me, I'll hate them for 90 minutes on Sunday then go back to being a brother, Uncle, Grandad, friend to some of them.

Hatred should only be reserved for the Old Filth, DFS Christmas Adverts in October and Kerry Katona.

The Hobos generally amuse me anyway, mainly at their expense, but amuse me none-the-less.

When I was at school I hated teh chocolate pudding they used to make us eat at school dinners.

When I grew up I ceased hating anything.

As a hibs fan sometimes I hate hibs !

I watched the Hearts/Celtic game on the telly. Hearts won the game and I was happy as it was funny to see Celtic get beat. I wouldn't say I was shouting for Hearts to win but It did not bother me that you won.

What I am trying to get at is that if Hearts were playing a smaller team in the league I would prob want the smaller team to win. If you guys were playing Rangers/Celtic would be happy enough if Hearts won.

I have said in the past that I hate Hearts. But when I sit down and think about it this cant be true. How many Celtic/Rangers fans would ever be happy to see their rival win.

I dont mind csaba laszlo and cant stand mark mcghee so if you were playing Aberdeen and beat them again would not annoy me.

I am sure their are Hearts/Hibs fans who hate the other team but when you really think about it. Its not the vile old firm hatred but rather what mainly a city Rivalry should be about. At the hibs/hearts matches of course theres some hatred but thats 90 mins of football and we want a good atmosphere.

PresidentRomanov
As a hibs fan sometimes I hate hibs !

I watched the Hearts/Celtic game on the telly. Hearts won the game and I was happy as it was funny to see Celtic get beat. I wouldn't say I was shouting for Hearts to win but It did not bother me that you won.

What I am trying to get at is that if Hearts were playing a smaller team in the league I would prob want the smaller team to win. If you guys were playing Rangers/Celtic would be happy enough if Hearts won.

I have said in the past that I hate Hearts. But when I sit down and think about it this cant be true. How many Celtic/Rangers fans would ever be happy to see their rival win.

I dont mind csaba laszlo and cant stand mark mcghee so if you were playing Aberdeen and beat them again would not annoy me.

I am sure their are Hearts/Hibs fans who hate the other team but when you really think about it. Its not the vile old firm hatred but rather what mainly a city Rivalry should be about. At the hibs/hearts matches of course theres some hatred but thats 90 mins of football and we want a good atmosphere.

So were you unhappy that Celtic won the league instead of Hearts in 1986?

So were you unhappy that Celtic won the league instead of Hearts in 1986?

I was not in Edinburgh at the time. I became a hibs supporter around 1989.

Which would maybe explain why I used to hate hearts as it took quite a while to see a hibs win.

I Hate them with a passion.

I wish more Hearts fans would hate them instead of this mini love in some have at times for them when they only feel 'pity' for them.

FTH

I will buck the trend on this thread and state on the record, that I ****ing hate the Hibs.

I have a couple of good mates that are Hobbits, but I still hate the fans/football team/stadium, everything that putrid little club stands for.

What do Hibs "stand for"? A reasoned answer, please.

Me, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

OFGTF though. And Real Madrid.

What do Hibs "stand for"? A reasoned answer, please.

Romance! Glory! Teaching Brazil how to play! Floodlights! Sensational European nights!

Only joking. Hibs stand for failure on a truly epic scale. And, er, that's it.

Romance! Glory! Teaching Brazil how to play! Floodlights! Sensational European nights!

Only joking. Hibs stand for failure on a truly epic scale. And, er, that's it.

Not worthy of hating that. I was suspecting more like the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Erin Go Bragh etc.

Hearts - New England Puritans.

Hibs - New England Transcendentalists.

Tynecastle - a "clapboard meetin' house".

Hibs - "Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - to-morrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . and one fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

I agree, don't mind if they win a few games here and there as long as it is not against us or for anything important e.g. Scottish Cup

I cannot get my head around the above highlighted bit.

I can never understand any Hearts fan not minding if Hibs win games.

As for the comments quoted by the OP, "okay to beat Hibs", imo it is flecking fantastico to beat that shower.

PresidentRomanov
I was not in Edinburgh at the time. I became a hibs supporter around 1989.

Which would maybe explain why I used to hate hearts as it took quite a while to see a hibs win.

Didn't think I'd get a straight answer :smiliz65:

Guest JamboRobbo

I can never understand any Hearts fan not minding if Hibs win games.

I'd want Hibs to beat the OF majority of the time (anytime they're not above us or challenging us in the league i.e. the majority of the time).

Although it's a bit of a no lose situation if they get beat thats fine too. :santa1:

I guess it's just a case of enjoying the OF losing just as much as the hobos, perhaps even more given they have bigger resources and think they are better than everyone else.

PresidentRomanov
I'd want Hibs to beat the OF majority of the time (anytime they're not above us or challenging us in the league i.e. the majority of the time).

Although it's a bit of a no lose situation if they get beat thats fine too. :santa1:

Mini Hun :santa4:

If it were a situation where a Hibs win when playing the old firm were to be benefitial to us and our position, i would wish for an old firm defeat as opposed to a Hibs win.:smiliz64:

Guest JamboRobbo
Mini Hun :santa4:

Just enjoy seeing Celtic and Rangers and Hibs lose.

If I was somone who enjoyed seeing Celtic lose more than Rangers however............:smiliz23:

PresidentRomanov
Just enjoy seeing Celtic and Rangers and Hibs lose.

If I was somone who enjoyed seeing Celtic lose more than Rangers however............:smiliz23:

Same here, although not in that order :santa4:

I difficult for me to say I hate them when they've awarded me so much pleasure over the years.

Saying that, I've been lucky. My first proper derby game was season 83/84.

Apart from one spell from late 1999-2001, it's been Hearts all the way.

To be honest I dont think hate should come into football.

My grandfather who was a Hearts man all his life told me about his wartime experiences that it didnt matter whether the guy standing next to you was hearts, hibs,catholic or protestant when the bullets were flying you all sh*t yourself the same colour.

Having said that I absolutely detest Celtic but for reasons that have nothing at all to do with football or religion.

This thread is a great example of how gay football has become.

Oh well. I guess John Cumming must've been gay then? :santa2:

I hate them with a passion.

FTH

I will buck the trend on this thread and state on the record, that I ****ing hate the Hibs.

absolutely detest the slimey reptiles.

I hate them. I know I shouldn't. But I just can't help it.

I Hate them with a passion.

I wish more Hearts fans would hate them instead of this mini love in some have at times for them when they only feel 'pity' for them.

I ****ing hate the Hobos, can't stand them.

I agree

As a hibs fan sometimes I hate hibs blablablayadayadayadabla

Go away

Toronto Jambo

I dont like Hibs and I hate the Old Firm. However, i would rather the old firm continue their domination of the SPL if it meant that hibs would not win the league. I want us to end their dominance, it would give hibs too much pride.

AlphonseCapone

This is nothing but a pishy semantics debate. Hate is used a lot more nowadays than it was before but most people who do use it don't actually mean it in the full sense of the word.

Just like how sweary words upset some people, using the word hate upsets others. At the end of the day, they are all just words made up of letters, folk need to mellow out.

BTW, **** the Hibs.

I have a couple of good mates that are Hobbits, but I still hate the fans/football team/stadium, everything that putrid little club stands for.

I feel similarly, I hate Hibs.

You have to see the humour involved. e.g All Hibbies are peg sellers. Day after the game, the Hibbie that works beside me was giving me the razz the day. So are you a Jambo peg seller.

All Hibbies live in caravans. My Hibby neighbour says. So is your caravan better than his.

Just the irony somehow amuses me.:boat:

Creepy Lurker

I think that, when arguing this semantic point, a lot of people are wilfully obtuse.

It's obvious that when the vast majority of people say that they 'hate' a football team, it's meant in a slightly different way to when they say that they 'hate' (for instance) rapists or paedophiles.

Still, if it gives them that sense of superiority...

This is a general comment, not one about John Cumming.

I think that, when arguing this semantic point, a lot of people are wilfully obtuse.

It's obvious that when the vast majority of people say that they 'hate' a football team, it's meant in a slightly different way to when they say that they 'hate' (for instance) rapists or paedophiles.

Still, if it gives them that sense of superiority...

This is a general comment, not one about John Cumming.

By hating Zemmama you can get the benefit of both.

Guest Vanbasten1874
I am sure John Cumming was in every way a greater man than me.

I hate them. I know I shouldn't. But I just can't help it.

My head says I should hate the OF more. But I always in my heart want them to thrash the Hibs.

I can relate to this post as sunday there i tried to view the hibs v gers game as a neutral but found myself gleefully gloating not because rangers were scoring but because hibs were conceding i just couldnt help being overjoyed by their ineptitude if that makes me bad so be it .

I hate Rangers and Celtic every single day of the year. I hate Hibs when any of their lot set foot inside Tynecastle or when I set foot inside Fester.

I hope we annihilate them every single time we play them and I hope they never get near any cup wins or even qualify for Europe (until they embarrass the country again with their exploits).

When Hibs played Rangers on Sunday I was listening to the match with a Hibby at work. I laughed at Rangers' early concession of a goal and laughed at Hibs complete collapse after that. As others have said, I can laugh at Hibs or the OF doing something stupid against the other without wanting either side to win.

**** 'em all!

Hating Hibs is like hating a blind, 3 legged cat (I'm no fan of cats). Just let them be and hope they don't get in our way, whilst always making sure that we get our favourite seat on the sofa, metaphorically.

This is nothing but a pishy semantics debate. Hate is used a lot more nowadays than it was before but most people who do use it don't actually mean it in the full sense of the word.

You are spot on about it being semantics which is fine as long as you understand that. Unfortunately we have among our number (as does every other club) a proportion of individuals who are easily led and wouldnt know about semantics or poetic licence.

Hence you get gullible people swallowing all that garbage about fans of other teams being tramps, procreating with their sisters, sub-human blah blah etc.

So we say those things about them,they say those things about us, and some mentally underdeveloped morons take it outside the stadium because they think its not a real human being they're kicking the sh*t out of.

Fortunately the Edinburgh warrior gene victims on both sides havent killed anyone for the cause yet but it happens 40 miles away from there on a sickeningly regular basis.

So all things considered I will agree with John Cumming who did more for Heart of Midlothian than any of these 'footsoldiers' can ever hope to achieve.

Lets hope for a massive Hearts victory on Sunday and a peaceful new year.

You are spot on about it being semantics which is fine as long as you understand that. Unfortunately we have among our number (as does every other club) a proportion of individuals who are easily led and wouldnt know about semantics or poetic licence.

Hence you get gullible people swallowing all that garbage about fans of other teams being tramps, procreating with their sisters, sub-human blah blah etc.

So we say those things about them,they say those things about us, and some mentally underdeveloped morons take it outside the stadium because they think its not a real human being they're kicking the sh*t out of.

Fortunately the Edinburgh warrior gene victims on both sides havent killed anyone for the cause yet but it happens 40 miles away from there on a sickeningly regular basis.

So all things considered I will agree with John Cumming who did more for Heart of Midlothian than any of these 'footsoldiers' can ever hope to achieve.

Lets hope for a massive Hearts victory on Sunday and a peaceful new year.

Well said RJ.

He's right, they just happen to be our local rivals. I reserve my hatred for ra glesca sellick.

I dont like hibs,and I hate the old firm. Simples.

As a few people have already said I only dislike Hibs as they are our local rivals and most of closest mates are Hibbys.

I do however hate the OF.

It's great when we stuff the Hibs as they're our local rivals and it's good banter but I don't hate them. I have family and friends who are hibby's. However I f****n hate the OF.

I don't Hibs..at all. Local rivalry yes. I really do hate the OF and all they stand for. I grew up amongst religious bigotry and I'll never ever get it.

I dont like Hibs and I hate the Old Firm. However, i would rather the old firm continue their domination of the SPL if it meant that hibs would not win the league. I want us to end their dominance, it would give hibs too much pride.

Can i ask any of the above how they felt on Sunday on hearing that Glasgow Rangers had defeated Hibernian 4-1?

Me, i was flipping delighted that my local rivals had been gubbed big style as i hate my local rivals:santa1:(tbh i hate any team which is not Heart of Midlothian FC, but Hibs are top of that list), but the above posters seem to hate the old-firm more than Hibs so i take it they were gutted?:smiliz57:

Can i ask any of the above how they felt on Sunday on hearing that Glasgow Rangers had defeated Hibernian 4-1?

Me, i was flipping delighted that my local rivals had been gubbed big style as i hate my local rivals:santa1:(tbh i hate any team which is not Heart of Midlothian FC, but Hibs are top of that list), but the above posters seem to hate the old-firm more than Hibs so i take it they were gutted?:smiliz57:

I have to admit I did get a feeling of great joy when I saw that hibs got absolutely horsed on sunday.

It doesn't matter who they are playing, any big embarassing defeat is good enough for me :santa1:

maltese jambo
I never want Hibs to have success, only Hearts. It`s ok trying to be all "American" and have a love in with the Hobos but is that not what the OF do? They love dominating Scottish football and don`t want anyone else to upset their cosy 1-2.

I was very young when Hearts slid into the First division and had a bad run v Hibs prevous to that. I totally appreciate how the older guys and gals feel, who were around then, and have heard all the stories.

I think many of the ones who refuse to hate or dislike the Hobos are the ones who have been spolit, like me, of witnessing a great record v the Hobos from living memory, the difference is i don`t let that soften me up.

I have friends and family who are Hoboids and like them very much but when it comes to football i just don`t have an ounce of care or feeling, how little it may be, for their football club. They would say the same about Hearts.

I grew up being the only hearts fan through primary school, then there was only 2 of us in my year through high school. Got a lot of Banter against me as you can immagine, quite a few times it went too far as well and had several bad derby results between 2000-2003 didnt help.

So personally i wouldnt say i was 'spoiled' as a Hearts fan.

I don't want anyone to succeed except Hearts, but my point was i'd much rather it was Hibs than those two bigoted embarressments

Nothing gives me greater satisfaction in watching the Hearts than defeating the Hibs. I enjoy beating Hibs at football more than the OF. Having said all that not once have I ever hated Hibs not even after witnessing that game on the first day of 1973. It's all about beating them on the park and alays should be. The of on the other hand that is another story......

John

PresidentRomanov
I grew up being the only hearts fan through primary school, then there was only 2 of us in my year through high school. Got a lot of Banter against me as you can immagine, quite a few times it went too far as well and had several bad derby results between 2000-2003 didnt help.

So personally i wouldnt say i was 'spoiled' as a Hearts fan.

I don't want anyone to succeed except Hearts, but my point was i'd much rather it was Hibs than those two bigoted embarressments

If Hibs win the league as you hope they do, can I come and stay with you so I'm out the road too?

No chance

Guest Dipped Flake

Wasn't quoted but, as I had posted earlier, I wanted hibs to get beat this time as I want to see us overrtake them and know we will never get anywhere near the bigot brothers. When normality returns and we are in our rightful place above them then I am quite happy to see hibs, or any other team, beat the huns and the tic

I cant believe some of the pro-vermin guff on this thread.

Its shocking, but they are in the minority here and even more so out in the real world.

Archived