**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope you’re still watching, this is incredible 

Yeah, managed to hold on until past 1am for the early kickoff game! The long touchdowns and turnovers in the 4th were great to watch, but have to think the long delays and wet field had an impact on the play .Walker's injury was horrendous, you could see all the players on both sides felt for him.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Felt for him, both sets of players were all going up to him, well respected player. Haven’t read an update on how bad it actually is, just didn’t look good watching it live.

Really enjoyed the NFL party, some funny moments. Do you have any idea what happened with the raffle for the tops. We bought quite a few tickets, but never heard a thing. We thought they would have done it where they were before the games kicked off.

Season ender by all accounts. With his age it could be career?

I've no idea, we left around 7.30 and it hadn't been done then. I thought the same as you, I expected it to be drawn just before kick off in front of everyone.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Season ender by all accounts. With his age it could be career?

I've no idea, we left around 7.30 and it hadn't been done then. I thought the same as you, I expected it to be drawn just before kick off in front of everyone.

Saying a dislocation and fracture on NFL.com, real shame for him. It’s obviously not how you would want to end your career, fingers crossed he still makes it back. We left during the OT of the Steelers v Browns.

I was waiting on the raffle as well, but turns out it was done without announcement. Boy behind me won the Luck top. 

Really enjoyed the night, good laugh and well hosted. 

letsalldothebeattie
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I own Walker in just about every league I'm in! Nightmare. Having a shocker of a start in the IDP league I'm in, lost Bell, Bosa and now Walker. To make matters worse the boy I played picked up Conner :lol:

Good day yesterday at the NFL Scotland party, really good set up at the Golf Tavern for anyone looking for somewhere to watch NFL. Hopefully they have a Super Bowl party.

Are they doing this every week? Would love to be able to watch NFL somewhere other than in the house

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Are they doing this every week? Would love to be able to watch NFL somewhere other than in the house

Yeah, NFL will be shown every week ?

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah, NFL will be shown every week ?

That’s great thanks. Will definitely be heading along a few times this season then

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Kendoll said:

I was waiting on the raffle as well, but turns out it was done without announcement. Boy behind me won the Luck top. 

Really enjoyed the night, good laugh and well hosted. 

Please tell me it wasn’t the guy in the Jets top?

Please tell me it wasn’t the guy in the Jets top?

Same table I think, guy opposite him? There's a picture of him on the Twitter account of NFL Scotland. Don't know what happened with the Miller top. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Same table I think, guy opposite him? There's a picture of him on the Twitter account of NFL Scotland. Don't know what happened with the Miller top. 

You end up on a long one after you and Weddle’s big wins?

16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You end up on a long one after you and Weddle’s big wins?

Suffering a bit today but was home at a semi sensible time. Was planning on watching the Packers game but tiredness won. Shame as the second half looked amazing! You have a late one? 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Kendoll said:

Suffering a bit today but was home at a semi sensible time. Was planning on watching the Packers game but tiredness won. Shame as the second half looked amazing! You have a late one? 

Boring old farts that we are, managed to get home to catch the end of the Steelers, Browns. Also managed to stay awake to the end of the Bears, Packers game, they left it late ?. Looking forward to tonights games too, so glad it’s back. Good start to the league for you :thumb:

Boring old farts that we are, managed to get home to catch the end of the Steelers, Browns. Also managed to stay awake to the end of the Bears, Packers game, they left it late ?. Looking forward to tonights games too, so glad it’s back. Good start to the league for you :thumb:

Everything is coming up up rosy this week. Won money on Kamara, won a football in that wee quiz thing, picked the Dolphins in nfl survivor, Packers won and I'm looking good to win all 3 of my fantasy match ups this week. Perfect Sunday! 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Everything is coming up up rosy this week. Won money on Kamara, won a football in that wee quiz thing, picked the Dolphins in nfl survivor, Packers won and I'm looking good to win all 3 of my fantasy match ups this week. Perfect Sunday! 

Sweet :2thumbsup:    done that bet you won on Kamara quite a few times, but no luck so far, great prices if you hit it though.

Sweet :2thumbsup:    done that bet you won on Kamara quite a few times, but no luck so far, great prices if you hit it though.

Yep. Used to get 100/1 though and only getting 80/1 these days. Still, can't complain. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Alarm set for the raiders game but might go straight through if the lions game is decent.

Gutting watching that Mack master class last night.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Finding it really difficult to listen to Beth Mowins :vangry:

She's terrible. Hope she's never on a Lions game...in saying that, many more performances like that then I'll be giving them a miss anyway :lol:

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

how did I win starting Foles and leaving Fitzpatrick on the bench ?

Hmmm, Tyreek Hill maybe?  Could have had over 200pts...:scenes:

chuck berrys hairline
12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hmmm, Tyreek Hill maybe?  Could have had over 200pts...:scenes:

That would've been something!

7 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

how did I win starting Foles and leaving Fitzpatrick on the bench ?

Unsure why anyone would have had Fitzpatrick on the bench, unless it’s a 16 team league...

Edited by Peebo

luckyBatistuta
37 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Unsure why anyone would have had Fitzpatrick on the bench, unless it’s a 16 team league...

It’s a 10 team league with a QB plus QB/RB/WR/TE. I wouldn’t have started him either.

luckyBatistuta

Report: Browns tried to trade for Andrew Luck

According to FOX Sports Jay Glazer, the Browns DID call the Colts about the availability of Luck around the NFL trade deadline last season.

"They believed in him so much that I'm told that last year the Cleveland Browns actually tried to trade for Andrew Luck before the trade deadline but Chris Ballard said even with this injury, Andrew Luckis our future," Glazer said.

In February, CBS Sports' Will Brinson rolled out an installment of his 2018 NFL mock draft and it was one of a kind.

Brinson had the Cleveland Browns trading the No. 1, No. 4, No. 33 and No. 35 overall selections to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for quarterback Andrew Luck. He had the Colts, who also owned the No. 3 overall selection at the time, taking USC quarterback Sam Darnold, N.C. State defensive endBradley Chubb and Penn State running back Saquon Barkley.

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s a 10 team league with a QB plus QB/RB/WR/TE. I wouldn’t have started him either.

Ah well, with 2 QBs starting, I guess he should probably have scraped in onto someone’s bench. Just! 

chuck berrys hairline
6 hours ago, Peebo said:

Ah well, with 2 QBs starting, I guess he should probably have scraped in onto someone’s bench. Just! 

After McCown got replaced after his best season I was left with sweet fa they were only starters left unattached ?

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Who are JKB Superbowl Predictions?

Redskins v Raiders

Have you ever watched an NFL game?

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

And you were serious with your Super Bowl prediction?

I always back the Skins. I like the Raiders, so I live in hope. :)

Oh and yer mob is toast next. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I always back the Skins. I like the Raiders, so I live in hope. :)

Oh and yer mob is toast next. 

Did the bookie laugh and tell you to name your own price :lol:

I’d be happy if we just made the playoffs, which has a slim chance.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Did the bookie laugh and tell you to name your own price :lol:

I’d be happy if we just made the playoffs, which has a slim chance.

2 wins against Dallas will do me. :D

Got tickets to the Seahawks/Raiders game at Wembly. 

Anyone who has been to one of the Wembly games before, for a 6pm KO what time would you expect it all to finish? Trying to figure out if it's worth catching the last train to Manchester or to book a hotel. 

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Vikings will still be in the running long after both your picks.

The vikings will finish bottom, the skins will finish second. 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The vikings will finish bottom, the skins will finish second. 

2FF6921E-9EBA-432D-98C1-9F9F6A228F42.gif

0111FE5A-8645-42DE-8CF1-1BC47DF4D00C.gif

Edited by luckyBatistuta