**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Day@theraces
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Amazing how the Trumpists love the UFC endorsement of Trump, but :th_Rage2: at the thought of the NFL endorsement of Biden. Even if it's only in their tiny minds. 

Amazing how whites like Tom or Aaron or Dree winning Conference titles all the time wasn't a problem, but Partick  :seething: I wonder why.

TBF most of us probably look darker than Patrick after a week in the south of Spain.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

hmfc_liam06
On 29/01/2024 at 19:10, Malinga the Swinga said:

Watched second half again, it got me thinking how right Rams were to dump Goff and get Stafford in for season they won Superbowl. Goff would never have won Superbowl as he crumbled when pressure on last night, as did Jackson for Ravens, and if Denver want to win in the future, then they need to get rid of Goff now. 

:rofl: Goff was the least of our concerns on Sunday.

To say he "crumbled" is mental, he had a good game, in fact he was absolutely outstanding for the most part in the playoffs.

Get rid of Goff? For who? While he has his limitations, he's been brilliant for us and has been performing at a high, top 16 QB level over the last two seasons.

It's trendy to trash Goff for some reason.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

hmfc_liam06

Jared Goff in 2024.

Yards - 2nd

Completions - 2nd

% completions - 6th

Yards per game - 4th

TD's - 4th

TD % - 10th

RTG - 11th

Honestly mental to suggest the Lions need to move on from Goff. He's ideal for us. People need to realise there aren't 32 Mahomes out there.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:rofl: Goff was the least of our concerns on Sunday.

To say he "crumbled" is mental, he had a good game, in fact he was absolutely outstanding for the most part in the playoffs.

Get rid of Goff? For who? While he has his limitations, he's been brilliant for us and has been performing at a high, top 16 QB level over the last two seasons.

It's trendy to trash Goff for some reason.

Your post earlier already highlighted the missed opportunities. They weren’t on Goff, they were all catchable balls, WR’s have to take a look at themselves.

hmfc_liam06
10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Your post earlier already highlighted the missed opportunities. They weren’t on Goff, they were all catchable balls, WR’s have to take a look at themselves.

Exactly.

Honestly people have such a bizarre take on QB's and for some reason it's trendy to talk down the likes of Goff because he's not flashy. He has his flaws, he doesn't deal well under pressure but thankfully we have built one of the best lines in football to combat that.

As I said above, there aren't 32 Mahomes's out there, and in actual fact the majority of the NFL is made up of Goff, Prescott, Cousins etc.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Exactly.

Honestly people have such a bizarre take on QB's and for some reason it's trendy to talk down the likes of Goff because he's not flashy. He has his flaws, he doesn't deal well under pressure but thankfully we have built one of the best lines in football to combat that.

As I said above, there aren't 32 Mahomes's out there, and in actual fact the majority of the NFL is made up of Goff, Prescott, Cousins etc.

Everybody now wants a flashy QB who can scramble, anyone else is fair game. Brady,Manning?… yes the game has changed, but it still doesn’t make the current pocket passer a bad QB. 

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Everybody now wants a flashy QB who can scramble, anyone else is fair game. Brady,Manning?… yes the game has changed, but it still doesn’t make the current pocket passer a bad QB. 

100%. Look at the stick Purdy has been taking too. The guys performing for them, but because he's not a flashy guy, or was picked high then folk want them to move on, it's mental.

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

100%. Look at the stick Purdy has been taking too. The guys performing for them, but because he's not a flashy guy, or was picked high then folk want them to move on, it's mental.

Perfect example, guy has been a diamond for them, but he wasn’t a 1st round pick 🙄 he doesn’t use his legs enough🙄

HE GETS RESULTS, that’s the important fact these folks continue to blatantly ignore. He’s got them to a SB ffs… and if he doesn’t win it…he’s shiiite🤪🤣

Wagons at the ready😁

I'd take Goff at Washington,  in a heartbeat. Tho, we should see a big improvement in the draft, this year.

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Perfect example, guy has been a diamond for them, but he wasn’t a 1st round pick 🙄 he doesn’t use his legs enough🙄

HE GETS RESULTS, that’s the important fact these folks continue to blatantly ignore. He’s got them to a SB ffs… and if he doesn’t win it…he’s shiiite🤪🤣

Wagons at the ready😁

Wish he didn't use his legs so much on Sunday...

:sob: 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wish he didn't use his legs so much on Sunday...

:sob: 

🤣 at least your lot got a run at it

mbingcrosby
On 27/01/2024 at 05:33, Placid Casual said:

Would love to go to Lambeau one day. The UK Packers group run an annual trip there, seems well run.

Truly a cathedral. 

Diadora Van Basten

I can’t see past the 49ers tomorrow. I did though think Baltimore would smash Kansas as they smashed the 49ers so you never know.

Green Bay were the most improved team this year and I might have a sneaky bet on them to win the Soperbowl next year.

hmfc_liam06
15 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I can’t see past the 49ers tomorrow. I did though think Baltimore would smash Kansas as they smashed the 49ers so you never know.

Green Bay were the most improved team this year and I might have a sneaky bet on them to win the Soperbowl next year.

What? :lol:

Texans won 3 games last year, went on to win 10 in 2023, won their division and made the playoffs.

hmfc_liam06
14 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not been sure who I want to win all week but I've fallen onto the 49ers now. 

Hope they get pumped!

Where you watching it tonight?

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hope they get pumped!

Where you watching it tonight?

Heading to Pilgrim. Booked in there from 9. You? 

Rupert Pupkin

First Superbowl  I have no interest in watching,.. Cant both teams just lose please..? 😂😂😂

hmfc_liam06
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Heading to Pilgrim. Booked in there from 9. You? 

Aye same man, heading over on the train at the back of 6. Catch you in there 👍

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye same man, heading over on the train at the back of 6. Catch you in there 👍

Excellent, **** the Chiefs! 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Excellent, **** the Chiefs! 

I've no been this less arsed for a Super Bowl since Rams v Pats. Just can't get up for it at all. Still in mourning.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've no been this less arsed for a Super Bowl since Rams v Pats. Just can't get up for it at all. Still in mourning.

You did post a few months back thay the Lions weren't good enough just now. And, well, you were right, so you'll get over it. 

hmfc_liam06
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You did post a few months back thay the Lions weren't good enough just now. And, well, you were right, so you'll get over it. 

Next year...

PortyJambo
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Next year...

Lions-Dolphins Super Bowl next year 👍

(I wish)

PortyJambo
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Dolphins v Lions

download.jpeg-2.jpg

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Yes PJ! 

Great minds, and all that :lol:

J.T.F.Robertson

Hoping for a KC win.

Can't stand them but if it's the 49ers it will give them 6 championships and we cannie huv that. 😈

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Lions-Dolphins Super Bowl next year 👍

(I wish)

We getting a new QB like? 

(I wish)

😁

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

BBC or SKY?

Think I'm going with SKY.

you mean itv or sky

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

you mean itv or sky

🤣  aye, I just realised when I switched channels there.  Was watching a movie beforehand. 🤦‍♂️

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Any streams for this? STV Player isnt working for me

2 minutes ago, Brian Whittaker's Tache said:

Any streams for this? STV Player isnt working for me

try itvx

Regular John

49'ers are the favourites but I can't see past the Chiefs.

They carry too much experience and are proven winners and that will make the difference.

thehibsareintheirbeds
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

When does it kick off?

Now...chiefs about to kick off

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Now...chiefs about to kick off

👍

Think I'll go for SF...if only cos it'll give Taylor another 3 albums worth of heartache.  ❤️