**** Official JKB Awards 09/10 ****

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right guys, it's that time of year again. This years prestigious ceremony will be held in the The Jolly Judge, Edinburgh. The red carpets out, JKB's finest are all out in force and the tunes are pumping. Drinks will be served by Roman Romanov and Prancer. Time to tell some home truths. :D

Here's the categories (please note, I won't be counting any votes, it's just a laugh ffs)

Best poster: the liquidator: kickback's philosopher, looking out for our liberty (and seeing threats to it that don't always exist) / Doug: sometimes comes across as an innocent wee boy.

Best avatar: the liquidator.

Best signature: Beverley.

Funniest poster: Not sure but I appreciate the constant verbal violence in the Shed. Not that into beer-flavoured flaps though.

Least funny poster: kitster (not that she tries)

Best thread: Ken Barlow - Hearts? We know now that the answer's yes.

Worst thread: Any mobile phone-related thread.

Most improved poster: Came back after a longish break in March or so, no idea.

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: the liquidator / Dave de le Noir / Shaun.Lawson / londonjambo.

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: i8hibsh

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: 12august1893

Most missed although still around poster: Dave de le Noir

If you have any other awards then feel free to add them, Mods - lets take it easy on this thread please. :curtain:

Let's do this!

PS:Has Dexter packed it in? Not seen him for ages.

Victor Mancini

Best poster: buffalo bill - real knowledge of hearts

Best avatar: devries4 or debut4 - picture of 2 ugly ***** getting married at fester road

Best signature: whoever has the statement pinched from johnleslie.net about being in disneyland in '98 with there hibs top on and seeing lockey and lee makel asking if they are going to stranraer next season

Funniest poster: audioslave, purely for this beauty

Unless this dame has beer flavoured flaps, I canny see why such a huge efforts being put into her.

Least funny poster: speedbump

Best thread:Cash My Gold... worth the risk?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61367

Worst thread:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56554 gozukos squad predictor which lasted only 3 games of the season...

Most improved poster: millerjambo60 - when i 1st joined i was sure he was posting from the royal ed

Person you'd most like to share a spliff with: gigalo-aunt or maroon legions

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: speedbump/ therapist

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: alan "is that a fox?" partridge

Best posters: Always like reading PortobelloJambo, Boabyarsebiscuit, Le Chat and Ken Barlow.

Best avatar: Usually Bapswent

Best signature: Picard says FTH

Funniest posters: Acey, Therapist, President Romanov and Towzer.

Best thread: The McHugh Supremacy: The Diary of a Quintessential Queerhawk

Worst thread: The Protest Thread Fraudsters

Most improved poster: Audioslave: being a good friend of the young man in real life, I can honestly say he can always sink to new lows. Brilliant stuff.

Best new fish: Victorian

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: who I haven't already met: Ken Barlow or Victorian

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Charlie Brown - I don't always agree with what he says but he fights the good fight and gives balance to many arguments. Mention to Peanut too.

M.I.A: Chad Sexington

Best posters: Always like reading PortobelloJambo, Boabyarsebiscuit, Le Chat and Ken Barlow.

Most improved poster: Audioslave: being a good friend of the young man in real life, I can honestly say he can always sink to new lows. Brilliant stuff.

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: who I haven't already met: Ken Barlow or Victorian

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Charlie Brown - I don't always agree with what he says but he fights the good fight and gives balance to many arguments. Mention to Peanut too.

Forgot to add in Craigyboy, who is also rather funny.

The People's Chimp
Best poster: Leginten, Ken Barlow, thommo, and on football matters in the terrace, diego10 is usually spot on.

Best avatar: It's still gotta be romanov stole my pension, though I'm loving all the Christmas ones this time round so props to whoever came up with that idea.

Best signature: I still crack up when I see the McGinlay or Stanton ones. Special mention to Chad Sexington for the sex pest avatar/location combo of "I just like staying."

Funniest poster: Audioslave, Ken Barlow, Charlie Chester

Posters I always read/look out forBoris, Therapist, Lawn Dawson, Chad Sexington, Le Chat (especially the hibs stuff. I love how much they hate him over the road. great stuff.) I.J, Colonel Kurtz

the small doses award for those you agree with, but just can't take a 15 page thread seriously anymore Drylaw hearts, Jammy T, Magic T's, JamboRobbo

Least funny poster: There are a few absolute trumpets; the ones who come on and ruin a great, witty thread with "hibs hav AiDS ah hope they diE."

Best thread: the ruiner/pat stanton

Best post Charlie Chester's classic "Does the realization of the absurd require suicide? Camus answers: "No. It requires revolt" although had he lived another 49 years I'm fairly confident he'd have a different answer for Phil." on the Bacaro thread, admired by me for obvious reasons, but had me creasing for hours.

Worst thread: Probably the world record attempt, there have been a few though, the scat obsessed ones standing out as well as numerous self obsessed miserabilists' 'look at me' terrace threads.

Most improved poster: The Dougstar, MillerJambo 60!

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: The same guys I regularly look out for their posts.

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: Half of hibs.net admin/private members board, special mentions to fat mikey and sir gay, both already on a register near you...

The John Leslie memorial Award for pant stealing activities I8Hibsh

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Charlie Brown for his commitment to romanov's cause and an ability to peddle myth on a similar scale.

Best Newcomer: Victorian/LionheartF (both came on in 08, but have since become seriously established) LPjambo91 hasn't done too badly either.

Special Siberian Frozen Bollocks Award The Glasgow Fives boys, now up to 7-a-side and coming through some seriously wintery conditions. All good lads and makes those midweek TV games a bit better to have a group of jambos to watch them with...and for taking over pitches in glasgow with 14 Hearts shirts, while we see one jakey, peg legged hibee scratching about on another pitch.

The Neil MacFarlane consistency award goes to Ivanawfyticklikov

I also forgot to give a mention to adi dassler whose posts I always read - I like that his tagline is 'no al calcio moderno' and I like his interest in the casual/modernist/music/fashion interplay.

Also honourable mentions to redjambo and gorgiewave, bringing a bit of intelligence to the shed.

Best avatar: devries4 or debut4 - picture of 2 ugly ***** getting married at fester road

Best signature: whoever has the statement pinched from johnleslie.net about being in disneyland in '98 with there hibs top on and seeing lockey and lee makel asking if they are going to stranraer next season

Worst thread:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56554 gozukos squad predictor which lasted only 3 games of the season...

Most improved poster: millerjambo60 - when i 1st joined i was sure he was posting from the royal ed

Ya belter, a mention!

BoJack Horseman

Props for quoting that quote directly. I had no idea where it was from.

I'm still about - hectic and manic are daily words just now....

I said thanks for that Scotland ticket, right?

:smiliz23::santa1:

A lifetime achievement award at my age? I'm humbled.

:santa4:

jamboinglasgow
A lifetime achievement award at my age? I'm humbled.

:santa4:

surely its like Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, they are giving you it now in the hope that it will encourage you onto great things.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Forgot all about that Russian bird thread, that was epic. Forgot to add I like Craigy Boys posts when he's had a few and Buffalo Bill.

Best poster: quite a large number to mention who are always well worth reading. i've probably missed out some by mistake so please don't take offence.

mentions to : ken barlow, buffalo bill, liquidator, ivanawfyticklikov, gigalo-aunt, picard's forehead, acey, dougstar, peanut, lpjambo91, president romanov, buzz killington, chas sexington, cigaro, ima maroon, johnmitchell, leginten, cosanostra, redm, bighusref, boris, deek, ghengis khan, boabyarsebiscuit, geoff kilpatrick, mighty thor, eldar, jamboinglasgow, charlie brown, drylaw hearts, only a game, jammyT, magicTs, portobellojambo1... and the inevitable names i have forgotten to add.

all well worth a read but the award has to go to the incomparable shaun lawson for sheer volume of posts/text and a seemingly insatiable appetite for debate.

Best avatar: various but barlow had me rolling up with his latest one.

Best signature: another shaun lawson award. for the reason that even his signature acts as a bleedin' running commentary of events at tynie!!!

Funniest poster: again a number of posters i get a right good laugh at but ken barlow edges it over IJ and acey.

Least funny poster: anyone who can't see a wind-up or banter thread for what it is and takes everything too seriously.

Best thread: i'll say the recent protest of pish thread as it's fresher in the memory than others. some classic stuff.

Worst thread: any thread that gets hijacked and taken off at a tangent about the usual gnashing of teeth regarding romanov.

Most improved poster: after not contributing many posts after they registered this goes to my good friends mothy and lionheartF for getting more involved.

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: buffalo bill or perhaps jamborobbo and ken barlow (at the same time). you know it makes sense!!!

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: any joker who starts a thread with "i've got this mate who might be in trouble 'cos..." aye right lads.

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award:[/b] must always be the admins and the mods.

best fisherman: therapist, I8hibsh (a better WUM than he's given credit for), lionheartF, acey and speedbump.

Best poster: quite a large number to mention who are always well worth reading. i've probably missed out some by mistake so please don't take offence.

mentions to : ken barlow, buffalo bill, liquidator, ivanawfyticklikov, gigalo-aunt, picard's forehead, acey, dougstar, peanut, lpjambo91, president romanov, buzz killington, chas sexington, cigaro, ima maroon, johnmitchell, leginten, cosanostra, redm, bighusref, boris, deek, ghengis khan, boabyarsebiscuit, geoff kilpatrick, mighty thor, eldar, jamboinglasgow, charlie brown, drylaw hearts, only a game, jammyT, magicTs, portobellojambo1... and the inevitable names i have forgotten to add.

all well worth a read but the award has to go to the incomparable shaun lawson for sheer volume of posts/text and a seemingly insatiable appetite for debate.

Best avatar: various but barlow had me rolling up with his latest one.

Best signature: another shaun lawson award. for the reason that even his signature acts as a bleedin' running commentary of events at tynie!!!

Funniest poster: again a number of posters i get a right good laugh at but ken barlow edges it over IJ and acey.

Least funny poster: anyone who can't see a wind-up or banter thread for what it is and takes everything too seriously.

Best thread: i'll say the recent protest of pish thread as it's fresher in the memory than others. some classic stuff.

Worst thread: any thread that gets hijacked and taken off at a tangent about the usual gnashing of teeth regarding romanov.

Most improved poster: after not contributing many posts after they registered this goes to my good friends mothy and lionheartF for getting more involved.

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: buffalo bill or perhaps jamborobbo and ken barlow (at the same time). you know it makes sense!!!

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: any joker who starts a thread with "i've got this mate who might be in trouble 'cos..." aye right lads.

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award:[/b] must always be the admins and the mods.

best fisherman: therapist, I8hibsh (a better WUM than he's given credit for), lionheartF, acey and speedbump.

Your cheque is in the post.

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with (that you haven't done so before): Or, if JKB isn't going to fund my trip to Canada, a group pintathon with the Mafia massive...just to see what you're all like - Lord knows I've helped kill enough of you and accused you of all sorts of dastardly deeds :D

Yarning to ArmiyaRomanova about this (over a pint:D) a while back and it just struck him how strange it could be made to seem playing internet games with 15-year old laddies. In some ways it would be nice to put a face to the name as I'd like to see how accurate the mental picture is...sometimes the anonymity is better, of course.

if you picture what Marty looks like, I'm not far off :santa1:

Best poster: Probably go for Footballfirst's for the youth player threads as the guy provides valuable feedback that I always find interesting. Honourable mentions to portobellojambo and OAG on the terrace who I notice in particular regularly rise above coming out with the same pish again and again.

Best avatar: Alba's and cosanostra for me

Best signature: Picard, no argument

Funniest posters: Ken Barlow, Peanut, Acey, Boof, Victorian, IJ, Marty (frenchie), Therapist (top troller)

Least funny poster: Jambomickey (is he banned/suspended haven't seen him in yonks)

Best thread: B&W Pictures coloured, honourable mention to Scotland who also created mine and Ken Barlow's avaters

Worst thread: World record attempt plus anything remotely to do with debt where it usually turns into umpteen pages of gnashing teeth and speculative pish at best

Most improved poster: Doug, a legend :santa1:

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: All mentioned above (except Marty, tight bugger) plus the Mafia massive

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: I8

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Ullyses / Dexter / mods etc

Best Mafia Death: Arnold and his vat of pish :smiliz23:

Best poster: Leginten, Shaun Lawson, portobellojambo1

Best avatar: HelloSunshine

Best signature: Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Funniest poster: Craigieboy, think he might be bordering on mental but hes certainly funny

Least funny poster: john brownlee

Best thread: The Terrace - Optimus Prime Euro thread / The Shed - 'The Poker Thread' (timeless bad beats)

Worst thread: Michael Jacksons dead (at long last) thread.

Most improved poster: Gambo (he's actually always been a good read I just agree with him a bit more nowadays !)

People you'd most like to go for a pint with: Jammy T, Charlie-Brown, redm, JamboRobbo, Rab, The should be spending more time at their age crew (see below) - in truth I'd have a pint with the vast majority on JKB !

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: i8hibsh

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Buffalo Bill for his book and Gambo for his airline trials and tribulations. Great effort from both.

The should be spending more time at their age out on the pull instead of on JKB 24/7 award: Ken Barlow, Victorian, Peanut, Acey, jamboinglasgow, neave

The UBIG Hall of Fame 2009 award: Charlie-Brown

Financial and Political Analyst/Critique of the year: Coco

[quote=MalkyMcFrench;1390637

Best Mafia Death: Arnold and his vat of pish :smiliz23:

I'm honoured to have a mention on such a prestigious thread! :santa1:

ps. When's the next game?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Firstly may I thank the few who have made a vote for my good self here and there and may I also thank the few who felt the need to vote for me & me old sparing partner that is Victorian without whom none of this would have been possible.

LF's nominations are :

Best poser: I8hibsh

Best avatar: Mr Barlow

Best signature:Picards forehead

Funniest poster: Far to many to mention & Victoleyian.

Best double act :Drybaws & Robot

Least funny poster:Shaun Lawson

Best thread: The one about the fellow who was going to put all the Zagreb guys in coffins had me rolling around.

Worst thread:Anything started by Lawson.

Most improved poster:The new Lawson a.k.a Mothy

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: This depends on who is buying.

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: Pistol Pete after the protest.

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award:[/b] The Dougstar is a legend and deserves a large bucket of Midori.

That concludes LF's nominations for the JKB awards 2009.

Best thread: B&W Pictures coloured, honourable mention to Scotland who also created mine and Ken Barlow's avaters

Cheers Bud, means a lot :2thumbsup:

Hard to believe it's 1 year old in a couple of weeks. :)

You have to win an award for most prolific poster

This time last year you were a 'newbie' with about 100 posts.

Now you have had more posts that Royal Mail - fair play mate

Now you have had more posts 'that' Royal Mail

Can't spell. I smell a Hobo.

I P Knightley
Most improved poster: after not contributing many posts this goes to lionheartF for getting more involved.

Awwww, bless!

Now you have had more posts 'that' Royal Mail

Can't spell. I smell a Hobo.

Why are you getting so riled by what one guy said? Sort it out.

Also, don't try and hijack this thread. **** off, you got an issue? Then PM the guy.

Also, don't try and hijack this thread. **** off, you got an issue? Then PM the guy.

hmmm. I smell a hobo...

:laugh:

I P Knightley

Getting riled about someone getting riled? I really can't imagine anything more disgusting. I've had enough!

hmmm. I smell a hobo...

:laugh:

Indeed.

What does this guy coming into the JKB Awards remind you of?

kanye-west-vma-awards-taylor-swift.jpg

Anyone?

Indeed.

What does this guy coming into the JKB Awards remind you of?

kanye-west-vma-awards-taylor-swift.jpg

Anyone?

I meant you actually LP.

Vermin.

Can't find it, but can anyone remember Doug's post on the April Fools/ Practical jokes thread (or something like that). It was the one that I used to have in my sig. Went something like " My Work-mates told me that my boss wanted to see me immediately. Wind-up. So I went to my boss and told him that I had been told that he wanted to see me. He said No, Doug. Back to work " Or along those lines. Was told much better than that and if I could find it, it would be my post of the year.

Best poster: Boris, Ken Barlow, LPJambo91**, Craigieboy, Ulysses, topcat jamboinglasgow, shaun lawson, bobsharp and anyone who asks to be included up until the 10 mins I have to edit this post.

Best avatar: Picards Forehead.

Best signature: JamboRobbo's signature - whatever the mood of the board is, JR will set his signature to the opposite and pass it off as his geniune views.

Funniest poster: Kitster or Kearney (unintentionally)

Least funny poster: jamboy81 ala Figoo. How can I be the first one to choose him? It would of been Shaun Lawson with his attempts at humour but in the last few months he has become a lot sharper wit to the point where I almost break out into a grin.

Best thread: Kearney's Mika thread and Kearneys got talent threads. EPIC.

Worst thread: ML's UFO thread, I still enjoyed it but his posting style made it feel like some sort of ancient hyroglyphic text trying to be translated, it was a bit harsh when one of the mods mid morning just locked the thread stating enough was enough. :smiliz64:

Most improved poster: millerjambo60 - Doug has been through a lot but has come full circle from the dark days of MAHA, and now posts some thought provoking responses and gets to the crux of many matters. He is also quite a good mediator too. Hats off to the DougStar.

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: i8hibsh. But i dont really believe that! :)

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award: Sergey, for giving us the peace of mind that for years he has tried everything to expose romanov but still cannot find a shred of proof. He is like a comedy villain. "Next time...I'l get you next time!" - eh no, Sergey.

Best mod: JKBmod1

Best newcomer: Duckandcovercf1. He has made such an impact in such a short space of time, I do feel he has found his niche in the JKB brethern. I almost feel quite protective of the lad. Hopefully he wears protection with the chick he's' after - its called scrubbers for a reason...no matter how much you scrub at it you still die of aids.

** I may have to review LPJambo91's Best poster award after his unprovoked and seething attack on CsabaArmy, however.

Can't find it, but can anyone remember Doug's post on the April Fools/ Practical jokes thread (or something like that). It was the one that I used to have in my sig. Went something like " My Work-mates told me that my boss wanted to see me immediately. Wind-up. So I went to my boss and told him that I had been told that he wanted to see me. He said No, Doug. Back to work " Or along those lines. Was told much better than that and if I could find it, it would be my post of the year.

I remember that! I laughed at the time and laughed at it again when you made it your sig. Someone find that thread immediately! Doug is so innocent sometimes.

Aaw this JKB awards thing makes me emotional!

It would of been Shaun Lawson with his attempts at humour but in the last few months he has become a lot sharper wit to the point where I almost break out into a grin.

Mmm, I really don't do funny, do I? I can do serious: I'm great at that. Does that count? :)

Incidentally, two other posters I should've mentioned. Neave's posts always make me laugh; and Jack of Hearts is consistently hilarious, and really rather brilliant. Interesting to see redm and Gigalo-Aunt get so few mentions so far too: two of the undoubted stars of this board, but because they're both so easygoing, they seem to get forgotten sometimes...?

Mmm, I really don't do funny, do I? I can do serious: I'm great at that. Does that count? :)

Incidentally, two other posters I should've mentioned. Neave's posts always make me laugh; and Jack of Hearts is consistently hilarious, and really rather brilliant. Interesting to see redm and Gigalo-Aunt get so few mentions so far too: two of the undoubted stars of this board, but because they're both so easygoing, they seem to get forgotten sometimes...?

Nah, theres been a few funnies from you lately, usually imitating what other posters would say to each other, stick to that kind of stuff! :smiliz64:

Not serious, that goes to people who cant take a joke, your most suited to most highbrow or most patronising poster. :108years:

Nah, theres been a few funnies from you lately, usually imitating what other posters would say to each other, stick to that kind of stuff! :smiliz64:

Not serious, that goes to people who cant take a joke, your most suited to most highbrow or most patronising poster. :108years:

I can now die happy. :)

I am gonna ignore those that I have met and know so apologies if you think I have ignored you. ;)

Best poster: Tbh, there are loads. Off the top of my head, Redjambo, Eldar, Thor, Victorian, Ken Barlow, Acey, Mothy and surely many others that I have shamefully forgotten at this time. I would like to add MagicT's, he doesn't like me anymore because I disagree with him (sign o' the times) but he CAN debate from time to time. :)

Best avatar: Robbo's Right Peg (IIRC)

Best signature: Mine. Apt and from one of the finest songs of all time.

Funniest poster: Sticking to my own rule at the top, Le Chat and Ken Barlow stick out. Jambo Mickey makes me smile. :)

Least funny poster: Tbh, don't want or need to go down that route.

Best thread: Cannot think of one off the top of my head. Anyone that pushes debate tbh, and definitely a Terrace thread.

Worst thread: The record thing.

Most improved poster: Peanut. ;)

Person you'd most like to go for a pint with: With the noted exception of one or two strange folk, anybody. I don't say anything that I wouldn't say in person so would happily say it to any poster in person whilst having a bit of banter over a beer.

The poster most likely to end up in Saughton award: Never "met" Speedbump, but when he was talking to a mate of mine earlier in the year he did have a sizeable black eye.... ;)

The Irvine Jambo Lifetime Achievement Award:[/b] Walter Kidd* for still keeping up the heterosexual pretence.

*Damn, broke my own rule at the end. :)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1111610&highlight=boss+back+work#post1111610

When i was 16 as an apprentice at Rank Hovis in Leith.

They said the boss wanted to see me.

Wnd up.

The boss said ok Dougie back to your work

:santa1:

Archived