JKB Secret Santa 2009

Ulysses

i'm still none the wiser as to what the bloody hell this is all about.

Same here. I must have been asleep last Xmas and missed out! Also feared in case i'm the 1st to make an erse of it!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

I'm playing blind as well.

Same here. I must have been asleep last Xmas and missed out! Also feared in case i'm the 1st to make an erse of it!

my carer just PMed me last year's instructions...

The way to play is to guess who gave what to whom. You'll see all the gifts, and all the recipients, and it's up to you to try to figure out who gave the pressies.

You can make one guess at a time. When you make a guess, you have to wait for your guess to be confirmed right or wrong by me, by Dexter or by the "giver" you have named. Once your guess is declared right or wrong you can make another guess - but not before.

Only the 55 players taking part can make guesses. Guesses by other members will be ignored. If you are "found out" and eliminated, you can still keep guessing. You can make a guess about any present given to any player - not just your own.

The object of the game is not to be found out. The last person left when all other 54 pressie givers have been eliminated wins the ?40 voucher for the Hearts store. That's why you were asked to keep secret the name I gave you, see?

Nowt to do with this (or any other) thread, but Stewart McConndochie brought photo's into work the day from Liege 1993? The Stirlings were about 6 stone lighter between them! I was half the weight I am noo!

Good times. Just thought i'd post that. Need to get over 1000 posts before '10.

:P

I P Knightley

You all sound so nervous.

Don't. It won't hurt at all. You'll rather enjoy it really.

But we'll keep it as our little secret - we won't tell our parents, OK? That would spoill the specialness of it.

The Old Tolbooth

Even you couldn't make an erse of it mate :santa1:

But we'll keep it as our little secret - we won't tell our parents, OK? That would spoill the specialness of it.

cheers.

now that i know the rules i wish i hadn't bought those crotchless knickers for lionheart. he's a goner in the first round.

63 players have kindly sent their pressies to me for wrapping.

10 of you have not, and are currently on the naughty list.

Ho Ho feckin' Ho. :santa1:

Ian, is that you? ;)

The Old Tolbooth
63 players have kindly sent their pressies to me for wrapping.

10 of you have not, and are currently on the naughty list.

What happens if 10 don't do pressies?

Does that mean if one of them was meant to allocate a pressie to me that I cant play along? :wacko:

Ho ho feckin bah humbug! :santa5:

Does that mean if one of them was meant to allocate a pressie to me that I cant play along? :wacko:

Don't worry, I have a plan. :santa1:

portobellojambo1
Don't worry, I have a plan. :santa1:

Don't take this the wrong way Uly, but the above sounds like a Csaba Laszlo style statement.

I P Knightley
cheers.

now that i know the rules i wish i hadn't bought those crotchless knickers for lionheart. he's a goner in the first round.

It's the giver that's the goner not the givee.

So when you discover that the giver of your pipe and slippers is Felix, then Felix is a mere spectator and down-dooby-doo-down-down ?40 in the Hearts shop (or whatever this year's prize may be).

And when he names you as the donor of said silken delights, it's you who takes the early bath.

Believe me Secret Santa virgins, this is going to be a long haul.

If I remember well, the winner was unearthed some time just be fore Hogmanay 2008 and that included a few late night, trans-global sessions.

Don't take this the wrong way Uly, but the above sounds like a Csaba Laszlo style statement.

The plan is kinda simple.

If they haven't got a present in by 11 pm, they're out. :smiliz23:

You don't want to be on the naughty list.

The plan is kinda simple.

If they haven't got a present in by 11 pm, they're out. :smiliz23:

You don't want to be on the naughty list.

So people won't be getting presents then?

I'm still very confused.

my carer just PMed me last year's instructions...

The way to play is to guess who gave what to whom. You'll see all the gifts, and all the recipients, and it's up to you to try to figure out who gave the pressies.

You can make one guess at a time. When you make a guess, you have to wait for your guess to be confirmed right or wrong by me, by Dexter or by the "giver" you have named. Once your guess is declared right or wrong you can make another guess - but not before.

Only the 55 players taking part can make guesses. Guesses by other members will be ignored. If you are "found out" and eliminated, you can still keep guessing. You can make a guess about any present given to any player - not just your own.

The object of the game is not to be found out. The last person left when all other 54 pressie givers have been eliminated wins the ?40 voucher for the Hearts store. That's why you were asked to keep secret the name I gave you, see?

I've read that 4 times and other than hurting my eyes, I'm none the wiser...

It's the giver that's the goner not the givee.

So when you discover that the giver of your pipe and slippers is Felix, then Felix is a mere spectator and down-dooby-doo-down-down ?40 in the Hearts shop (or whatever this year's prize may be).

And when he names you as the donor of said silken delights, it's you who takes the early bath.

Believe me Secret Santa virgins, this is going to be a long haul.

If I remember well, the winner was unearthed some time just be fore Hogmanay 2008 and that included a few late night, trans-global sessions.

:help::ahhhhhhh::surrender::death::behead::Stupid_Heads_by_Vir:

just had a check of last years thread

once we got going the game lasted well over 3 days, and I was 3rd last to go out, damn you again brownkg :smiliz65:

just had a check of last years thread

once we got going the game lasted well over 3 days, and I was 3rd last to go out, damn you again brownkg :smiliz65:

So it's a mafia esque type game with secret santa playing as cunning as he can to win? Have I got that right?

So people won't be getting presents then?

I'm still very confused.

Oh yes they will.

It's magic, don't forget. :santa1:

So it's a mafia esque type game with secret santa playing as cunning as he can to win? Have I got that right?

Got it in one.

I still dont have a clue whats happening ...

You and me both. :smiliz23:

But remember, this is a game where it is possible to win by doing nothing other than sending your pressie to me.

I now have a load of presents, but I've a couple of labels to sort out and then I can get them giftwrapped.

Watch this space. :santa1:

thehibsareintheirbeds

Ooh this is getting exciting. Had a quick read through last years thread, so its starting to make sense. I've been a good boy this year santa, honest.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Vote kitster, and while i'm at it, anyone for bs?

booooooo!!! :santa5: where's your festive cheer THAITB? lol the rest. Off to watch This Week in bed, at this rate i'll see you next year for present stage!!

night folks :santa1:

Doctor FinnBarr

Santa doesn't like bad boys anyway John.

:smiliz57:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Please don't tell me Boof is playing this too! :smiliz23:

Please don't tell me Boof is playing this too! :smiliz23:

:santa1:

S'awright though Geoff...you're not going to have to answer any moderatorly questions :laugh:

Right, I appear to have 68 presents, and therefore 68 people taking part.

I managed to sort out a few problems with badly written address labels and all that, but now I've got sticky tape, paper, gift tags and scissors and I'm ready to get wrapping.

But my elves have gone on strike after I imposed a 7% pay cut on the narky little sods, so the wrapping might take a wee while. :smiliz23:

In the meantime, there's one little musical interlude that I think is just right for this thread, so here it is:

Everybody loves Baz

Should start this the morn Uly, off out to a works party and probably find myself papped out early doors when i log on tomorrow.:smiliz57:

The Old Tolbooth
Whoever got me. £10 via paypal is fine, thanks. :santa1:

You can get lost mate, I ain't spending nearly as much as £10 on you..................................oops :wacko:

You can get lost mate, I ain't spending nearly as much as £10 on you..................................oops :wacko:

:laugh:

I've already done mine. It's the thought that counts right? :smiliz64:

Some rules and guidelines

The game and prizes

We had one prize, but I've decided to add another to spice things up a bit. :smiliz64:

So there are two prizes. The main prize is a £40 voucher for the Hearts store, and it goes to the Secret Santa who is last to be detected.

So the main object of the game is to avoid anyone finding out to whom you gave your Secret Santa gift. If you get found out, you're out of the running.

There is also a consolation prize of a £25 voucher. That will be given for detective work - i.e. for discovering and outing a Secret Santa. But I'm not going to say exactly how you can win that prize until some time on Saturday. :smiliz23:

Rules: How to play

If you want to avoid detection, all you have to do is sit back and do nothing. But you might want to try some Mafia-style bluffing to throw others off the scent - that's up to you.

If you want to discover and out a Secret Santa, all you have to do is post a guess on the thread. But remember these rules:

• Only the players in the game can guess. Guesses from other members will be ignored.

• Only one guess at a time - you can't post another guess until your last guess is confirmed as right or wrong by me or by the person you named in your guess. Any guesses you do post will be ignored.

• If you are named in a guess, you don't have to reply - but if you do you have to reply truthfully or you're out of the game.

And finally, I might have to add other rules as the game progresses.

The Secret Santa pressies will be unveiled shortly.

No musical interlude?

Nope - I'm in a bit of a sulk with Youtube just now, because they disabled the audio track on the Secret Santa video. That's after I spent ages checking to see if the tracks were permitted on other Youtube videos. :santa5:

Bah feckin' humbug. :santa1:

Anyway, time for y'all to get guessing. I'll be back with some responses to your guesses in an hour or two.

I'm going straight in with a guess on Ivanawfyticklikov.

My picture was of a bee hive. The only reason for that could be the phobia thread, where I stated I had a fear of moths. But this guy kept posting pictures of bees and wasps.

So there's my guess. :santa1:

portobellojambo1

I'm going to start off by attempting to use some logic, given what I was given Uly. The vodka I can understand, but there was also a soft toy there, which may or may not have been a diversion tactic (courtesy of Uncle Roger), but my initial thought is it could be a work colleague. So my first guess is I received my gift from Beverley.

Doctor FinnBarr
I'm going to start off by attempting to use some logic, given what I was given Uly. The vodka I can understand, but there was also a soft toy there, which may or may not have been a diversion tactic (courtesy of Uncle Roger), but my initial thought is it could be a work colleague. So my first guess is I received my gift from Beverley.

Vodka=alcohol

Soft toy=bed

Female work colleague=Yer in!

:santa1:

Why would anyone get me a Subo CD? :santa4:

Was it Boof?

Not guilty, mate.

You get another go now, which reduces my chances of winning by 0.000243%

Card arrived yet?

Archived