Racist Hearts Fans

rossmaroon

PresidentRomanov
What would he have to gain from that though? Seems pretty unlikely to me.

A bit of attention on here?

There is people like that you know :smiley2:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni
A bit of attention on here?

There is people like that you know :smiley2:

He doesn't seem the type after reading his previous posts... Also the racist songs all over the place on match days makes it pretty believable IMO... Why would it be okay in other nearby establishments and so impossible in MHSC?

Serious question that, I was not there and never have been so I cannot back up his story but i find it weird that you find it so impossible, when it happens so frequently nearby.

Not really, I don't think any of it's pertinent, mainly due to the fact I think it's a complete fantasy, I'm just curious as to why the location makes a difference as to whether you get into a confrontation in front of a child or not?

I would have thought it was the fact that any confrontation could land the person who signed him in into bother that made the difference with the location.

Why single out Hearts fans because they have among their ranks some morons?

I live in Cyprus now, in my local club they show premiership football every saturday and sunday.

A great proportion of the members are elderly people who you would have thought would have mellowed with age.

I dont think they realise that the language and racist behaviour they display would be enough to get them locked up if they were actually at the game. The really funny thing (to me at least) is that they are always going on about the black (they dont use that particular word) immigrants who have invaded the UK completely ignoring the fact that they themselves are immigrants in Cyprus. I dont go there when chelsea or Man united games are being shown.

So it really isn't about HMFC or even unique to HMFC supporters, its universal.

If anyone cares to suggest that I'm not man enough to confront a 77 year old man who probably has a dicky heart as well as a narrow mind, I admit the charge.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I live in Cyprus now, in my local club they show premiership football every saturday and sunday.

A great proportion of the members are elderly people who you would have thought would have mellowed with age.

I dont think they realise that the language and racist behaviour they display would be enough to get them locked up if they were actually at the game. The really funny thing (to me at least) is that they are always going on about the black (they dont use that particular word) immigrants who have invaded the UK completely ignoring the fact that they themselves are immigrants in Cyprus. I dont go there when chelsea or Man united games are being shown.

If anyone cares to suggest that I'm not man enough to confront a 77 year old man who probably has a dicky heart as well as a narrow mind, I admit the charge.

It is a Hearts social club and the guy in question and 'Big Bad Stevie' are Hearts fans... I for one like to know where I can and cannot go for a bevvie before a game and not have to worry about potential embarassment or aggro, just because of who I happen to be with at the time. I see your point though... 'It's a society problem, not a football one' and all that but those of us who are pretty put off by that sort of thing benefit from knowing where it does and does not happen regularly and where it is apparently deemed excusable or acceptable... Public service the guy is providing IMO.

PresidentRomanov
No, I did not do anything at the time because I had my wee niece with me. I told her to ignore the buffoon and explained to her how ridiculous he was with every mouthful of venom he spouted. However, I can assure you that I do stand up to this kind of behviour both at Tynecastle and in bars (usually at away games, mind). My reticence to complain on this occasion was that I was signed in by a member who was not in my company and I felt that he could have been compromised by any hassle. Rest assured that if I had been on my own I would not have accepted this filth and I have a pretty well-kent reputation for fighting my corner.

I would have thought it was the fact that any confrontation could land the person who signed him in into bother that made the difference with the location.

While he does hint at that, he say's here that if he'd been on his own, he wouldn't have accepted it, which is why I'm wondering what the location has to do with starting a confrontation in front of his niece.

NOTW headlines?

Doubt it. Dos this character exist?

If he does I'd imagine him as a mate of yours as he can't be one of my wet liberal handwringer group. :stuart:

PresidentRomanov

Quote from Ross Maroon "he's lucky I had my niece with me when I was in a couple of weeks ago, or he'd be in the morgue by now" :stuart:

Having been around, and an ex member of the Merchie who's been asked to leave for laughing during the bingo, just a feeling :smiley2:

There's no way anyone would get away regularly with that kind of behaviour in there.

I have to agree that the Merchie would be the second last place around Tynie where I'd expect that. What next, ruffians in the Sample Room? :th_o:

You should hear my 79 year old mother sometimes. :th_o:

Guest Bilel Mohsni
While he does hint at that, he say's here that if he'd been on his own, he wouldn't have accepted it, which is why I'm wondering what the location has to do with starting a confrontation in front of his niece.

Not saying that the OP is, far from it but...

What if the OP is disabled, has a heart condition or is simply just not very hard? Would he then have to sit there and take it because the guy being racist was likely to have him? Seems a little unfair if that was to be the case.

Again, not suggesting he is any of these things though.

winston churchill
Not saying that the OP is, far from it but...

What if the OP is disabled, has a heart condition or is simply just not very hard? Would he then have to sit there and take it because the guy being racist was likely to have him? Seems a little unfair if that was to be the case.

Again, not suggesting he is any of these things though.

does the OP not say he can handle himself.

i'll ask again.

why has it taken him two weeks to bring this up.

does the OP not say he can handle himself.

i'll ask again.

why has it taken him two weeks to bring this up.

How relevant is that question though? Is this sort of thing time barred?

Well Hearts as a club have made their position absolutely clear regarding this issue. Most clubs have. As far as i can see a letter to the committee of this particular social club would have possibly yeilded better results than a post entitled 'racist hearts fans' on an internet forum.

Incidentally the only football club in Scotland that has ever actively encouraged sectarianism is Glasgow Rangers.

But that's another debate.

winston churchill
How relevant is that question though? Is this sort of thing time barred?

you would think if it was such a big deal

also, the merchie is rammed full on a match day.

funny nobody else has heard about this or big/little stevie.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying. I might question why you are bringing it up now?

Some people are just vile and their actions deplorable. Please don't quote that "Part of the problem" line at us, it's something straight out of a HR manager's "tolerance" guide book.

Did you confront this man? Did you let him know that you thought he was a disgrace? Did you tell the owner of the establishment they would never receive your business while they let in knuckle dragging degenerates in?

Or did you wait till you were home and two weeks after the game to have a little bitch on a forum. If you were not man enough to stand by your convictions at that point, don't try it now.

Yeah he should have had a square go with the racist and his mates right there in the pub in front of his kids. Maybe bottle one of them.

That's what a real man would do. A lovely scene the whole family would cherish.

portobellojambo1
Having been around, and an ex member of the Merchie who's been asked to leave for laughing during the bingo, just a feeling :smiley2:

There's no way anyone would get away regularly with that kind of behaviour in there.

The exact reason why I'm struggling to believe there is an ounce of truth in this.

Having been a member of the club for a few years now I know how the committee and bar staff react to things which are deemed not right (even if that not right is as pedantic as laughing during the bingo). There is a lot they'll not tolerate, and the incident is not one they would condone.

However, I'm leaving now for the club and will try and get more information, and try and establish some more facts. If it is found to be a true account I'd like to hope the committee may consider some action be taken.

However, especially in the present climate where all social clubs and pubs are struggling to keep their heads above water, if it proves to be a pack of lies, or grossly over exaggerated, i.e. the parts about club staff informing guests in advance about what to expect, I'm sure the club might wish to consider legal action against the OP, given all the evidence needed could then be found on this thread. Effectively anyone reading this and believing the OP would then assume, from the tone of voice used by the OP, what went on is accepted within the club, and might choose, as a result, not to use the club, thereby denying the club income and damaging it as a result.

And if said Big Stevie does exist (never heard of him personally and never heard any members talking about such a person causing mayhem every week in the games room) he may wish to pursue matters as well.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
The exact reason why I'm struggling to believe there is an ounce of truth in this.

Having been a member of the club for a few years now I know how the committee and bar staff react to things which are deemed not right (even if that not right is as pedantic as laughing during the bingo). There is a lot they'll not tolerate, and the incident is not one they would condone.

However, I'm leaving now for the club and will try and get more information, and try and establish some more facts. If it is found to be a true account I'd like to hope the committee may consider some action be taken.

However, especially in the present climate where all social clubs and pubs are struggling to keep their heads above water, if it proves to be a pack of lies, or grossly over exaggerated, i.e. the parts about club staff informing guests in advance about what to expect, I'm sure the club might wish to consider legal action against the OP, given all the evidence needed could then be found on this thread. Effectively anyone reading this and believing the OP would then assume, from the tone of voice used by the OP, what went on is accepted within the club, and might choose, as a result, not to use the club, thereby denying the club income and damaging it as a result.

And if said Big Stevie does exist (never heard of him personally and never heard any members talking about such a person causing mayhem every week in the games room) he may wish to pursue matters as well.

Good shout. I certainly got the impression from his post that that sort of thing is acceptable... If it is true that is of course. Personaly i hope it is not true... just can't see whhy someone would go to such lengths to make up such a story, can't figure out what is to be gained?

I don't mean to be harsh, but that is total B-S.

If you let these things happen, not acting upon something you believe to be wrong. Then it is just as bad. And don't worry about being harsh. :laugh:

In all honesty mate it looked to me like you were dying to come in and play devil's advocate... "Two sides to every story, ol' chap" and all that.

I can safely say that was not my intention. I was questioning his reasons for posting this two weeks after the event, and telling us we are part of the problem.

Yeah he should have had a square go with the racist and his mates right there in the pub in front of his kids. Maybe bottle one of them.

That's what a real man would do. A lovely scene the whole family would cherish.

Did you read the rest of the thread? Or just a few where people had a go at me, and thought you would jump on the bandwagon? Everything you have said has been coverd by other posters, so I don't see why you need to reiterate the point. Feel free to look at the top of page two.

Very good point. If it does turn out to be a total fabrication, the club should take this slander seriously.

chester copperpot

Johnmitchell was barred for his missus sitting too close to the bar a few years back, so I don't think they'd let racism go ahead unpunished.

I've been loads to the Merchie, always felt welcome, but never witnessed any sort of behaviour outline in the OP.

Not saying RM is BSing, just think it may have been exaggerated somewhat.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

partly because if they they were willing to say "*******" i can't see why they would use the F and N words instead aswell.

I don't understand this post.

You think the fact he says "*******" means he wouldn't say the F and N words?

Johnmitchell was barred for his missus sitting too close to the bar a few years back, so I don't think they'd let racism go ahead unpunished.

I've been loads to the Merchie, always felt welcome, but never witnessed any sort of behaviour outline in the OP.

Not saying RM is BSing, just think it may have been exaggerated somewhat.

Been a member of the MHSC for the best part of 10 years. The committee are in the dark ages. This season they got rid of the sky/setanta/espn subscription. Fair enough as it wasn't paying it's way, however they continued to pay is through the close season.....surely it would have been sensible to cancel the subscription in the close season and renew it at the start of the season?

Been a member of the MHSC for the best part of 10 years. The committee are in the dark ages. This season they got rid of the sky/setanta/espn subscription. Fair enough as it wasn't paying it's way, however they continued to pay is through the close season.....surely it would have been sensible to cancel the subscription in the close season and renew it at the start of the season?

jesus , just quickly read through this thread and what sounds shocking has turned into ....why we not got espn and sky ffs.

jesus , just quickly read through this thread and what sounds shocking has turned into ....why we not got espn and sky ffs.

I think the alleged symptom of said individual is related to the lack of espn/sky :smiley2:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Doubt it. Dos this character exist?

If he does I'd imagine him as a mate of yours as he can't be one of my wet liberal handwringer group. :stuart:

No mate of mine Dave

That kind of behaviour has no place in modern society

Go to the merchie myself. Although, never heard his name, is he the big guy that stands by the pool table shouting/speaking very, very loudly?

If it is, he doesn't come in all the time. But if he does you can certainly hear him. If you pull up a chair across the other side of the room, next to the blackboard, the background noise can drown him out a bit.

Never heard the incident, but if you're in again, and see him, point him out to the bar comitee and detail what you heard. But I'd say that you wish to remain anonymous though as I wouldn't want to mess with him.

Miller Jambo 60
Go to the merchie myself. Although, never heard his name, is he the big guy that stands by the pool table shouting/speaking very, very loudly?

If it is, he doesn't come in all the time. But if he does you can certainly hear him. If you pull up a chair across the other side of the room, next to the blackboard, the background noise can drown him out a bit.

Never heard the incident, but if you're in again, and see him, point him out to the bar comitee and detail what you heard. But I'd say that you wish to remain anonymous though as I wouldn't want to mess with him.

Just phoned the BBC and they will have the Big Stevie incident on crimewatch.

I want this man caught.

Could be anywhere now.

What a day ive had Dougstar.

heartgarfunkel

Sounds very like a 'character' that sits in section C and plagues the Merchy on occasion.

I do not think he would go to such lengths to make up a story like that when he stands to gain nothing at all from it except some posts doubting his honesty.

I used to live opposite the Merchie for six years, never went in to the MHSC but while waiting on a bus to go up town I heard a couple of guys from there giving it all that crap while they were having a snout outside... Maybe standards have dropped since you used to frequent and they are allowed to continue such conversations inside at volume now?

Seems just as likely as the OP making up fantastic stories to me?

You used to live opposite the Merchie for six years:hat2:

Would that be the bus shelter or the gorgie farm?

Dont realy fancy either TBH.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
You used to live opposite the Merchie for six years:hat2:

Would that be the bus shelter or the gorgie farm?

Dont realy fancy either TBH.

As opposite as anyone could live, in the flats next door to Robertsons. 2001 - 2007

81/1 Gorgie Road.

What's your point again sorry? :hat2:

As opposite as anyone could live, in the flats next door to Robertsons. 2001 - 2007

81/1 Gorgie Road.

What's your point again sorry? :hat2:

So that would be opposite the wee park at the top of Mcloed st ,or the chemist, and not opposite the Merchie.

POINT.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
So that would be opposite the wee park at the top of Mcloed st ,or the chemist, and not opposite the Merchie.

POINT.

Pretty much opposite Khalid's shop until it moved two doors up, one to the left if I remember correctly, beside the bridge... I really do apologise mate, how could I be so cruel as to say i lived opposite a place, allowing you to be so offended at being misled into thinking I meant in a direct line from it when I actualyl lived on the opposite side of the road but three doors to the right?

Please accept my humble appologies... :stuart:

Right so that was your point, thanks, now how does that have anything to do with my other posts? Was it merely pedantry at my location being three doors away from where you imagined? Or is there something else you wished to 'POINT' out?

Pretty much opposite Khalid's shop until it moved two doors up, one to the left if I remember correctly, beside the bridge... I really do apologise mate, how could I be so cruel as to say i lived opposite a place, allowing you to be so offended at being misled into thinking I meant in a direct line from it when I actualyl lived on the opposite side of the road but three doors to the right?

Please accept my humble appologies... :stuart:

Right so that was your point, thanks, now how does that have anything to do with my other posts? Was it merely pedantry at my location being three doors away from where you imagined? Or is there something else you wished to 'POINT' out?

Your humble appologies are accepted with laughter and smile on my face,

DONT DO IT AGAIN.

It's gave me a wee laugh on a dreek sunday day.:10900:

Doctor FinnBarr
Your humble appologies are accepted with laughter and smile on my face,

DONT DO IT AGAIN.

It's gave me a wee laugh on a dreek sunday day.:10900:

Dreich.

:10900:

This kind of "be like us" redneck attitude is prevalent throughout the proletariat in Scotland, so it is no surprise that the "let's get bevvied up" before the game merchants who belong to this rather sad rump within our society make themselves known for a short time every Saturday before going home to beat the wife and kids.

Oh my God ! :blink:

I'm sorry if I came across to strong, but I find people who do nothing then complain later just as bad as the instigator.

That's entirely unfair.

Loud mouth racist yobs are frightening to many people.

The words this particular bone head used were very aggressive and challenging. Not everyone is able to confront them. They know this and they thrive on it.

At least this thread encourages tolerance and has exposed a few folk who really should know better.

Very good point. If it does turn out to be a total fabrication, the club should take this slander seriously.

Even if it was a pack of lies, and i bcan't for the life of me think why it would be, the club hasn't been slandered. Big Stevie has.

I'm pretty sure the JKB admin team will welcome your suggestion though! :smiley2:

The People's Chimp
That's entirely unfair.

Loud mouth racist yobs are frightening to many people.

The words this particular bone head used were very aggressive and challenging. Not everyone is able to confront them. They know this and they thrive on it.

At least this thread encourages tolerance and has exposed a few folk who really should know better.

Indeed. I quite like some ofLpjambo's posts, but he's simply wrong on this one. And if the image I haveof him in my mind is correct I can't see him doing much to stand up to the "big stevie's" of this world if he was to be offended.

As an attitude, the "if you don't complain, you're as bad as the instigator" approach stinks, not least because it's an easy way to sweep problems under the carpet.

Rather not discuss a disturbing home truth? Blame the person who witnessed it and then didn't want to get into a violent confrontation with a young neice in their company. :stuart:

Due to new licensing laws, I was unable to take my niece to the Station Bar before Hibs game. Instead, I took her to the Merchie where I was told to use the family area the back. Now, although supposedly the family area, I was told to be prepared for the arrival of BIG STEVIE, who I was told was a little racist, but good fun: an oxymoron if ever one existed!

Stevie duly arrived on the scene with the screamed proclamation: I hate *******, *******, Jews, Spics, wops, catholics and poofs. And, I'm proud of it!This moron then held court, with an audience of people forced to use this area. There were two young brothers who hung on every word of this cretin and It felt depressingly like a recruitment camp for the BNP.

Now, you too might be in the same boat, where the only place you can take your kids before the game is the Merchiston Hearts Supporters Club. However, you should not have to put up with this racist crap and I hpoe that you will complain if this same moron acts like this again (tomorrow, for example).

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

I go to the merchi before every home game and also use the backroom as i take my 6 year old son.

I can honestly say i have never heard this guy and tend not to listen into other peoples conversations also.

Indeed. I quite like some ofLpjambo's posts, but he's simply wrong on this one. And if the image I haveof him in my mind is correct I can't see him doing much to stand up to the "big stevie's" of this world if he was to be offended.

As an attitude, the "if you don't complain, you're as bad as the instigator" approach stinks, not least because it's an easy way to sweep problems under the carpet.

I'm flattered. :stuart: As I've said, I am not, nor do I claim to be some muscle clad, beefcake tough guy... But trust me, I wouldn't stand idle if something like that happend.

As for the If you don't complain etc. thing. I was paraphrasing the OP where he was nice enough to put it in big bold letters.

Even if it was a pack of lies, and i bcan't for the life of me think why it would be, the club hasn't been slandered. Big Stevie has.

I'm pretty sure the JKB admin team will welcome your suggestion though! :smiley2:

The club had been slandered because the OP was suggesting this man is known to the establishment, and they knew what he would be saying prior to the event. They would be in breach of licensing laws to let someone say what "Big Steve" had said.

Archived