Racist Hearts Fans

rossmaroon

Due to new licensing laws, I was unable to take my niece to the Station Bar before Hibs game. Instead, I took her to the Merchie where I was told to use the family area the back. Now, although supposedly the family area, I was told to be prepared for the arrival of BIG STEVIE, who I was told was a little racist, but good fun: an oxymoron if ever one existed!

Stevie duly arrived on the scene with the screamed proclamation: I hate *******, *******, Jews, Spics, wops, catholics and poofs. And, I'm proud of it!This moron then held court, with an audience of people forced to use this area. There were two young brothers who hung on every word of this cretin and It felt depressingly like a recruitment camp for the BNP.

Now, you too might be in the same boat, where the only place you can take your kids before the game is the Merchiston Hearts Supporters Club. However, you should not have to put up with this racist crap and I hpoe that you will complain if this same moron acts like this again (tomorrow, for example).

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prepare yourself for the usual: 'all aboard the easily offended bus' reaction.

They are breaching their own licence by allowing someone like that on the premises.

As an aside, my kids will be coming to games in the next couple of years.

I do wonder where we can go pre-match that promotes wholesome family values.

jambojackbilly
Due to new licensing laws, I was unable to take my niece to the Station Bar before Hibs game. Instead, I took her to the Merchie where I was told to use the family area the back. Now, although supposedly the family area, I was told to be prepared for the arrival of BIG STEVIE, who I was told was a little racist, but good fun: an oxymoron if ever one existed!

Stevie duly arrived on the scene with the screamed proclamation: I hate *******, *******, Jews, Spics, wops, catholics and poofs. And, I'm proud of it!This moron then held court, with an audience of people forced to use this area. There were two young brothers who hung on every word of this cretin and It felt depressingly like a recruitment camp for the BNP.

Now, you too might be in the same boat, where the only place you can take your kids before the game is the Merchiston Hearts Supporters Club. However, you should not have to put up with this racist crap and I hpoe that you will complain if this same moron acts like this again (tomorrow, for example).

Look for somewhere more suitable, say Robbo's :th_o:

But if it bugs you that much try McD's save you getting in such a state :smiley2:

Skivingatwork

Why 'fans' in the title if you're referring to one boy?

A title like that tars all of us with the same brush...

Thig Ar Latha

I used to be a member in the mid/ late eighties and I'm very surprised that they put up with that nonsense. Must have gone way downhill.

I'm not saying your making this up, but i'm having a hard time believing someone would walk through the doors of a pub and randomly shout:

"I hate *******, *******, Jews, Spics, wops, catholics and poofs. And, I'm proud of it!"

Partly because it's one of the obscure things i've ever heard, partly because if they they were willing to say "*******" i can't see why they would use the F and N words instead aswell.

If he actually said it he's a ****ing nobend though.

sounds like the boy uses a line from dirty harry or magnum force when harry callaghan and di georgio are winding up callaghan's new partner gonzales.

or he could just be a walloper.

I'm not saying your making this up, but i'm having a hard time believing someone would walk through the doors of a pub and randomly shout:

"I hate *******, *******, Jews, Spics, wops, catholics and poofs. And, I'm proud of it!"

Partly because it's one of the obscure things i've ever heard, partly because if they they were willing to say "*******" i can't see why they would use the F and N words instead aswell.

I look forward to you taking a more robust aproach to racism at the game:curtain:

Whilst I agree with what you're saying. I might question why you are bringing it up now?

Some people are just vile and their actions deplorable. Please don't quote that "Part of the problem" line at us, it's something straight out of a HR manager's "tolerance" guide book.

Did you confront this man? Did you let him know that you thought he was a disgrace? Did you tell the owner of the establishment they would never receive your business while they let in knuckle dragging degenerates in?

Or did you wait till you were home and two weeks after the game to have a little bitch on a forum. If you were not man enough to stand by your convictions at that point, don't try it now.

I look forward to you taking a more robust aproach to racism at the game:curtain:

:stuart:

I'm charging my phone so i can text in seat numbers as i type this.

chester copperpot
Whilst I agree with what you're saying. I might question why you are bringing it up now?

Some people are just vile and their actions deplorable. Please don't quote that "Part of the problem" line at us, it's something straight out of a HR manager's "tolerance" guide book.

Did you confront this man? Did you let him know that you thought he was a disgrace? Did you tell the owner of the establishment they would never receive your business while they let in knuckle dragging degenerates in?

Or did you wait till you were home and two weeks after the game to have a little bitch on a forum. If you were not man enough to stand by your convictions at that point, don't try it now.

Spot on.

Good work junior. :clap:

Doctor FinnBarr

He'll be upset now !

PS. Damn, no seig heil smiley!

AlphonseCapone

Two very valid questions.

Spot on.

Good work junior. :clap:

:laugh:

Thanks oldtimer. Wisdom beyond my years and all that jazz. :th_o:

He'll be upset now !

PS. Damn, no seig heil smiley!

I'm one of the biggest saps you will ever see. But I could not stand idle as some arsehole spoke like that. I have and will continue to call people up on racism infront of me. It's something I can't stand, and by stating that in his last line he just proved himself to be a hypocrite.

Fair comment - I have been in the Merchie in that crappy back room a couple of times with my older laddie and felt guilty that my mates felt obliged to come through - The main bar area is fair cop, although they seem to have lost the big screen as quickly as it arrived and seems to be economically struggling year-to-year. That back room is a pit - an absolute sub-standard bore and the look on kids faces tells its own story - the cans of coke only get the dads so far.

I mind some bore whose language was choice and he loved recanting tales of banter to his captive audience - I think it might be this guy referred to although I didn't hear the racist, etc stuff but I suppose the language was bad enough for him not to be in that room - I was so cheesed off with the room itself, this pr*ck was inconseqential to me although if I had heard what has been quoted I would have most defo asked for a wee word on the side to save face or waited until he went to the toilet or something to have a reasonable 1;1 but if neanderthal response received, striaight to those running the club asking what the bloody point of this cupboard is.

Yet how on earth is a serious issue like racism ever to be debated on JKB if whoever raises it runs the risk of their manhood being questioned?

Read his post again. He had a child with him. What responsible adult seeks verbal and possible violent confrontation with a child in proximity? Maybe that's why he may have done nothing at the time and chose to move on lest an already uncomfortable situation escalate into something potentially damaging to either him or a younger relation.

Thig Ar Latha

In fairness, the OP only put forward his point of view on an internet board. If he wanted to see who would take the bait and who was sympathetic, he suceeded.

Not everybody wants to risk getting into bother when they've got their kids with them, and he's got a point when this happened in a 'Club's Family Room' not Robbo's.

Jam Tarts 1874

You seem to have done a good job in un-earthing a few closet racists. It is amazing that some people find this kind of attitude in any way acceptable.

The "Big Stevie" you refer to would no doubt never have the balls to say what he said outside of his wee band of admirers and out in a more public place. The same can be said for the many on here who think nothing of casual bigotry, racism and sectarianism - especially at away games or when it's "just to wind up the Celtic fans". As long as they are in their wee groups and had a few drinks anything goes and they will (as they do on here) look to defend their hideous behaviour with the usual "you're PC gone mad" or "you must love the papes" etc etc type comments.

This kind of "be like us" redneck attitude is prevalent throughout the proletariat in Scotland, so it is no surprise that the "let's get bevvied up" before the game merchants who belong to this rather sad rump within our society make themselves known for a short time every Saturday before going home to beat the wife and kids.

Miller Jambo 60
:laugh:

Thanks oldtimer. Wisdom beyond my years and all that jazz. :th_o:

I'm one of the biggest saps you will ever see. But I could not stand idle as some arsehole spoke like that. I have and will continue to call people up on racism infront of me. It's something I can't stand, and by stating that in his last line he just proved himself to be a hypocrite.

If Andys an old timer what does that make me ankle biter:smiley2:

He was with his niece though?

chester copperpot
Yet how on earth is a serious issue like racism ever to be debated on JKB if whoever raises it runs the risk of their manhood being questioned?

Read his post again. He had a child with him. What responsible adult seeks verbal and possible violent confrontation with a child in proximity? Maybe that's why he may have done nothing at the time and chose to move on lest an already uncomfortable situation escalate into something potentially damaging to either him or a younger relation.

This will go around in circles like it normally does

I am not doubting the OP's point, but if the person in question was using that kind of language in front of my 8 year old son, you can be sure that I would not sit quietly whilst it was happening, then come on here moaning about it 2 weeks later.

This has nothing to do with manhood. This is about principles and standing up for what is right. This man felt compelled to come on here and tell us how bad the guy was and what he was saying was wrong. He didn't tell the most important person in this what he thought.

I concede the point about not subjecting a youngster to violence, but what example does it set to this young man that his guardian sat there while this wankshaft brought shame upon the whole room? I can't fight, but I would stand up for what I believe in, and show this guy up for the **** smear he is.

If you were familiar with my posts, you would know I have no issue with debating racism and I always fall on the side of reason.

This has nothing to do with "manhood".

If Andys an old timer what does that make me ankle biter:smiley2:

:10900: Can always depend on you to lighten the mood. :laugh:

You seem to have done a good job in un-earthing a few closet racists. It is amazing that some people find this kind of attitude in any way acceptable.

I really hope you are not referring to me when you say that.

portobellojambo1

Now, you too might be in the same boat, where the only place you can take your kids before the game is the Merchiston Hearts Supporters Club. However, you should not have to put up with this racist crap and I hope that you will complain if this same moron acts like this again (tomorrow, for example).

By complain do you mean complain in person, at the time, i.e. approach the person causing offence and ask them to shut up or raise the matter with a committee member of the premises you are in, or complain via an internet message board a fortnight later, after having decided you probably won't be back within said premises.

I'll be in the club as usual tomorrow morning, afternoon and evening, and have been in the games room on many occasions and never heard anyone make such comments.

However, I'll let you know if it happens tomorrow.

Miller Jambo 60

Having the child with you is handy for holding your jacket.

When dealing with said problem.

:qqb017:

Kids need to experience racism first hand to fully realise how wrong it is ,

not excusing the behavior of some tit but it's just the way it is

For **** sake. I'm trying to constructivity debate a point here, and all i get is age-bashing. :laugh:

I can't help that I was squeezed out 20odd years after you lot! :10900:

Thig Ar Latha
To be honest you should'nt really be takin your kids into a pub anyway, pubs = adults = adult topics

Reread. Merchie Hearts Club Family Room.

Ive two boys age's 9 and 6 and i dont take them to a pub because im a better dad/uncle than you. If u had someone talking like that in the seat next to you at tynecastle than fair enough. You were in a boozer, does it really matter if you dont get a couple of pints before the game? Dont get me wrong because its in a pub it doesnt make it acceptable however such is life in dodgy boozers. Harsh but true!

Must be great to be tough. How many times have you done this yourself?

Miller Jambo 60
For **** sake. I'm trying to constructivity debate a point here, and all i get is age-bashing. :laugh:

I can't help that I was squeezed out 20odd years after you lot! :10900:

No wonder at your age i was in the Corrie inn getting gassed, mind you no KB then, Jesus no computers then.:smiley2:

Well, if you include the parents of the boys who were captivated by this guy and the hangers on who laughed at his banter and the fact that he is a regular purveyor of the same views...

Must be great to be tough. How many times have you done this yourself?

You failed to read the rest of the threat where I clearly state I'm not tough...

I call people up when they are racist, I don't spend much time in working men's clubs but I can tell you, I wouldn't sit there and mentally prepare a rant on an internet forum instead of confronting the guy.

You failed to read the rest of the threat where I clearly state I'm not tough...

I call people up when they are racist, I don't spend much time in working men's clubs but I can tell you, I wouldn't sit there and mentally prepare a rant on an internet forum instead of confronting the guy.

Don't come posting on here x weeks after if you haven't done it yourself. :smiley2:

I can assure you that these were his very words on entering the family room of the Merchie. This seems to be his party piece, as I was warned that I might be offended by him and that I might want to take my niece out when he arrived.

winston churchill

i am confused.

is he big or small.

No, I did not do anything at the time because I had my wee niece with me. I told her to ignore the buffoon and explained to her how ridiculous he was with every mouthful of venom he spouted. However, I can assure you that I do stand up to this kind of behviour both at Tynecastle and in bars (usually at away games, mind). My reticence to complain on this occasion was that I was signed in by a member who was not in my company and I felt that he could have been compromised by any hassle. Rest assured that if I had been on my own I would not have accepted this filth and I have a pretty well-kent reputation for fighting my corner.

No, I did not do anything at the time because I had my wee niece with me. I told her to ignore the buffoon and explained to her how ridiculous he was with every mouthful of venom he spouted. However, I can assure you that I do stand up to this kind of behviour both at Tynecastle and in bars (usually at away games, mind). My reticence to complain on this occasion was that I was signed in by a member who was not in my company and I felt that he could have been compromised by any hassle. Rest assured that if I had been on my own I would not have accepted this filth and I have a pretty well-kent reputation for fighting my corner.

Good to know. :smiley2:

I understand your circumstances and how they might prevent appropriate action. But you must see that it wasn't explained in your original post and you looked like someone out for a rant who wouldn't back it up when it counted. Upon further reading, it seems he was a speaker? And not just some drunk **** who wanted to spew his bile? I clearly see the implications of a confrontation when in the company of a friend who is a member.

My dad never put up with that stuff, and I remember him nearly coming to blows with a guy when I was six for shouting racial slurs in a pub while I was there.

I'm sorry if I came across to strong, but I find people who do nothing then complain later just as bad as the instigator.

This has nothing to do with manhood. This is about principles and standing up for what is right. This man felt compelled to come on here and tell us how bad the guy was and what he was saying was wrong. He didn't tell the most important person in this what he thought.

I concede the point about not subjecting a youngster to violence, but what example does it set to this young man that his guardian sat there while this wankshaft brought shame upon the whole room? I can't fight, but I would stand up for what I believe in, and show this guy up for the **** smear he is.

If you were familiar with my posts, you would know I have no issue with debating racism and I always fall on the side of reason.

This has nothing to do with "manhood".

I think the OP will be amazed to see you've converted his niece into a "young man".

You concede the point about not subjecting a youngster with violence but go onto convey the scenario of you being involved in a square go with the racist deviant? And yet you maintain it is not about 'manhood'? Peculiar.

With a child in tow you do not get involved. You remove the following scenarios: A confrontation with the child at risk of being hurt (and this going to happen). Or a confrontation which results in the police carting you off with the child left stranded (cops have been known not to listen to pleas with "what about my kid?" when bundling someone into the van).

OP was correct not to seek confrontation and remove both he (and more importantly, the child) away from the scene.

EDIT: have just seen OP's response to this poster.

Archived