HIBS BOY (merged threads)

H.A.N.S

Craig Gordons Gloves

so who was the Hibs/Scotland player that was into drugs etc then?

I'm assuming it was G'OC?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know as well.

And what was the attack on the k??? all about. Cant remember the name, the place in Dunfermline?

Christ, how long have you got?

I would like to know as well.

And what was the attack on the k??? all about. Cant remember the name, the place in Dunfermline?

The Kronk:2thumbsup:

Anyone else reckon Sergey is on that cover somewhere?

He's probably the idiot who hid in the wheelie bin.

Seriously though, what is so appealing about violence that one would like to read a book about it?

Don't these people who perpetuate violence know the damage their action causes others? Christ, In nearby Oakland, (population similar to Edinburgh, probably smaller) there's murders on an almost daily basis. There's gangs there glorifying their actions also.

in the early 80s he used to go with a girl from prestonpans that i went to the hearts games with so he couldnt have hated hearts that much to go with a jambo.

i could be wrong but i think she ended up getting married to him...as i said i might be wrong regards getting married to her but he went with her for years

Your not wrong mate but they are split now

Seriously though, what is so appealing about violence that one would like to read a book about it?

Don't these people who perpetuate violence know the damage their action causes others? Christ, In nearby Oakland, (population similar to Edinburgh, probably smaller) there's murders on an almost daily basis. There's gangs there glorifying their actions also.

bang on right mate thats why the hobbos are getting the Lillian gish ripped out of them (eh! are getting laughed at) they are probably on the same iq level as the SF gangs:2thumbsup:

This cannot be true. I grew up there and whenever this ****** came into conversation it was alongside talk of him staying on the other side of the M90. Or is he a neo-Rosyther? Probably a Peasehill spam eater.

One of his sons actually came back on our supporters minibus from a derby at ER in Ne'er 2005. He said feck all though to be fair. It was a bit of a crazy bus that one.

Mince

Quality

I'd rather be Divit, than a peasant from Beirut.

Steady WK :stuart: you canny say that noo, you live in posh Aberdour wi the Ceder Inn crew :10900:

Quality

Steady WK :stuart: you canny say that noo, you live in posh Aberdour wi the Ceder Inn crew :10900:

Do I know you???

I still drink in the Central now and again.

Craig Gordons Gloves
Christ, how long have you got?

good point - narrowing it down slightly - who is the one that he talks about in his "book"*

*comic would be more apt.

Gorgie Aggro was not a name used back in those days more commonly used was Gorgie Boot Boys. Gorgie Aggro was used in some songs but the not as a name for the element. Most went under names such as Saville Travel, PIVOT, Livi, Manor etc etc As for the name CSF it was because all the so-called 'firms' were using three letter initials such as ICF CCS ASC etc all the teams outwith Airdrie have the three initials. Dunno why CSF was picked just seemed right at the time as for laughing stock you know nowt mate:curtain:

100% spot on.

• 1 year later...

I went to my first derby at ER in 1982 (East of Scotland Shield, 0-1 loss) and for the next twenty years I rarely missed a game there. Apart from the very occasional defeat, I can only say I have have nothing but good memories of going over the bridge of doom to ER.

I loved the derby in the 80s and 90s and as Chad said, there was nowt better than walking up ER after a win with 9,000 other Hearts fans. Great times.

Thank you Hearts and Hibs.

This was also one of my firsr derbies at ER, it was a sunny evening game and the hearts end was sold out (for an east of scotland shield game) ! and the atmosphere was something else, although i'm no sure the polis enjoyed it as at half time there was lots of goading and police hats getting chucked around. Me and my mate were right in the middle of it all and we got our eyes opened that night as we were wee country mice that had never seen the likes before. !

:teehee:

Why dont all the casual types meet up miles away from the football and go for it, mm, i think we all know why

It seems a few Coppers and Horses is enough no matter how big the battle

Hibs of all the mobs have the worst history of liberty taking, never a mention in the bald midgets book about that but that what they do

Liberty taking? Bit much expecting daft neds to have morals and principles, no? That made me chuckle.

:biggrin:

You would be surprised. There is unwritten rules to these engagements.

Liberty taking? Bit much expecting daft neds to have morals and principles, no? That made me chuckle.

:biggrin:

I'm well aware of the mob rule mentality but i see little to chuckle about

The Livi family bus was attacked a while back by that shower, thats taking Liberty's

Its just not mentioned in Hibs Boys book yet somes them up

It was attacked by their current baby (youth) crew, not by the older lot.

Adi Dassler

I recall twice in the last hmmm, maybe 10 years, their older lot marching down Easter Road after games picking on people with nary a Hearts mob in sight.

The only other lot i have seen do this is Dundee Utility after the cup game in '94 before they got a doing outside the BMC.

You would be surprised. There is unwritten rules to these engagements.

For what reason though? To afford it some level of respectability or suggest that standards are in some way applied? That's just silly. It's just daft idiots fighting other daft idiots - no more and no less.

The idea that 'taking liberties' is something worth criticism (while the rest of the stuff they get up to isn't) is very bizarre application of logic.

Vlad-Stupid

Imagine waiting for a supporters bus coming to fling stuff at it :vrface:

Were you at the scene ??? seem to know a lot about these things

Or do you just pass on second ??

Were you at the scene ??? seem to know a lot about these things

Or do you just pass on second ??

Having seen the video and recognising the wankers in it, I know for a fact it was their young lot.

Having seen the video and recognising the wankers in it, I know for a fact it was their young lot.

Having been there i would suggest otherwise

Though it does seem a tad cheeky to disagree with our resident know all on all things naughty :rolleyes:

Just realised

I was referring to an incident off Regent Terrace not the one caught on camera :woot:

The Regent Rd was a different incident which was well out of order and a complete liberty.

The Regent Rd was a different incident which was well out of order and a complete liberty.

Correct Speedbump

The one you referred to was a minor incident IMO

That aside , to me sums up that mob and thats why i mentioned libertys

Dont mind if guys want to battle, just leave the others out please and i may add i am no angel :rolleyes:

Casuals....allot of opinions on something most on here haven't got a clue about,casuals was in the 80's and early 90's a cultural revolution,just like the teddy boys,rockers,mods,punks,skinheads that went before them,remember the cries of "Your gonna get your f***** HEADS KICKED IN"when we were getting beat at tynecastle?????I'm of an age when i remember that actually happening!!!!Gorgie Jungle,some older more respectable jambos[share holders]i know had umpteen fights with away fans at tynie in the 70's but is that any different than the "casuals".....It's in books yes,it's on the t.v[some of what is nonsense]but the end product is the same which is another team who come and to piss up and down your streets,abuse the supporters of your club and the locals who happen to come across them at their drunken worse....Me?if it was happening in-front of me i would and have reacted in what i can only describe as "**** you,your in gorgie now son,and you'll not forget it"....a hooligans reply....Na,proud of my club and support and respond in kind.

Doctor FinnBarr

Casuals....allot of opinions on something most on here haven't got a clue about,casuals was in the 80's and early 90's a cultural revolution,just like the teddy boys,rockers,mods,punks,skinheads that went before them,remember the cries of "Your gonna get your f***** HEADS KICKED IN"when we were getting beat at tynecastle?????I'm of an age when i remember that actually happening!!!!Gorgie Jungle,some older more respectable jambos[share holders]i know had umpteen fights with away fans at tynie in the 70's but is that any different than the "casuals".....It's in books yes,it's on the t.v[some of what is nonsense]but the end product is the same which is another team who come and to piss up and down your streets,abuse the supporters of your club and the locals who happen to come across them at their drunken worse....Me?if it was happening in-front of me i would and have reacted in what i can only describe as "**** you,your in gorgie now son,and you'll not forget it"....a hooligans reply....Na,proud of my club and support and respond in kind.

Never ever called that!

:ninja:

Guest C00l K1d

last time i was in middletons, the game we won 2-0 at ER this season their casuals came in during the game. I don't know which group they were but they were around 23-24. They singled one guy out, seemed like a bunch of ******s

Doctor FinnBarr

never ever called what??!!

Gorgie Jungle, Ipox and Darkheid had jungles, Tynie never did.

Never ever called that!

Your talking shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gorgie aggro,gorgie boot boys and gorgie jungle,if you don't know the facts then don't make out like you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor FinnBarr

Your talking shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gorgie aggro,gorgie boot boys and gorgie jungle,if you don't know the facts then don't make out like you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been thro all this before and almost all agreed that it was never known as the jungle.

Never understood why Hearts named themselves the CSF, a truly **** name that made them laughable. Should have stuck with the Gorgie Aggro, at least it was original. What do they call themselves now?

For years I thought CSF = Capital Soccer Firm and not the Casual Soccer Firm I know now, were they ever known as the first or has my memory simply eroded with old age?

First is better IMO but then that's because anything casual is a bit gay to me :lol:

We've been thro all this before and almost all agreed that it was never known as the jungle.

The gorgie jungle was a major part of the HEARTS support which involved the Protestant element of our support which in the late 70's early 80's and was a major part in the attitude of the support and of the songs sung at the time.

According to you!!!!!!!!!! :ninja

I hadn't.

I didn't "run" in those circles, but when I were a lad, at an east Edinburgh school, the names that were always "known" were Bradley Welsh, Ivor Levein and Terry Reilly. All approximate spellings obviously.

As said before though, it is just as uncool when it is Hearts fans writing about it IMO.

Good mate of mine was Terry. Sadly passed away now even if he was a bit of a lad!!!!!

Good mate of mine was Terry. Sadly passed away now even if he was a bit of a lad!!!!!

Naughty laddie was terry,him and john crombie together was company i was in once and thank god it was only the once.

Seymour M Hersh

The gorgie jungle was a major part of the HEARTS support which involved the Protestant element of our support which in the late 70's early 80's and was a major part in the attitude of the support and of the songs sung at the time.

I always thought gorgie jungle was a local Edinburgh gang like ymd or ylt. Never knew it was related to HMf` in the way you suggest. Not saying you're wrong or telling porkies just not heard that before.

I always thought gorgie jungle was a local Edinburgh gang like ymd or ylt. Never knew it was related to HMf` in the way you suggest. Not saying you're wrong or telling porkies just not heard that before.

This is correct, but obviously with being from the Gorgie area most of the guys did follow Hearts.

Naughty laddie was terry,him and john crombie together was company i was in once and thank god it was only the once.

Funny those are the names i remember being Hibs boys(and as others mentioned Levein and Welsh) Crombie was a proper nasty c...

Andy Blance hadnt even heard of him before this book do know that he got emptied at the Hibs Club tail end of last year.

Happy Hearts

100% spot on.

They should start using the moniker Gorgie Boot Boys again, cracking name. GBB!

I would like to observe this cretin's handwriting - I mean his penmanship will be of some kind of quality standard given he is an "author".

Unfortunately, books have become as dumbed down as TV with a "at least it gets them reading" mentality.

I note that Mr Irvine Welsh provides the foreward - proof indeed, if any were needed, that this guy is a scumbag still living off the proceeds of Trainspotting which epitomises your average Hibs fan most eloquently.

Probably an apt place to actually take the photo, given that two of the persons who originally started the Hibs casuals, way back in the mid 1970's, were screaming poofters.

Hibs casuals started in the mid 70's!?!

The scousers had only just started bringing back robbed Adidas from Europe in the mid - late 70's and it was them that started the whole scene, even though it never had a name at that time.

Hearts turned trendy before hibs and that wasn't until the early 80's.

Hibs casuals started in the mid 70's!?!

The scousers had only just started bringing back robbed Adidas from Europe in the mid - late 70's and it was them that started the whole scene, even though it never had a name at that time.

Hearts turned trendy before hibs and that wasn't until the early 80's.

Bingo,the travelling scouser's stole there way across europe and came back with Ellesse,fila and lacoste gear which started the trend..Aberdeen and Motherwell believe it or not were the first up hear though,aberdeen especially as they had a great team in the early 80's and there was a lot of money to be spent with the North sea oil money coming into the city at that time,so they seemed right up to speed when it came to clothes.

Bingo,the travelling scouser's stole there way across europe and came back with Ellesse,fila and lacoste gear which started the trend..Aberdeen and Motherwell believe it or not were the first up hear though,aberdeen especially as they had a great team in the early 80's and there was a lot of money to be spent with the North sea oil money coming into the city at that time,so they seemed right up to speed when it came to clothes.

Aberdeen were also playing in Europe and had opportunities to bring gear back.

Motherwell was a strange one though, a fairly small club from an unfashionable (in a non-clothes sense) part of the country but the SS were one the first groups in the UK to emerge and were always on the ball, especially guys like Kerso.

Archived