HIBS BOY (merged threads)

H.A.N.S

In my mate's earlier and he had the above book. Thought I would give it a go. A right Superman is Andy Blance. From what I have read he has only been on the losing side of a battle once from his 250'000 and that was only because the Hobos were outnumbered 10 to 1. Glad I wasn't about during the mid 80's derbies when he was smashing up Luckies and trying to overturning buses and cars. Such a shame his Grandfather supported "The ****" as he refers to us throughout.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, complete with the man himself standing on it.

lovely.

51GuYaWuXNL._SS500_.jpg

bahaha look at the *******s on the front cover.

What did the big **** have to say about Hearts?

To add to what I said in the first post of the thread, he also admitted in his early years he was at Tynie as much as down the dive.

have to admit, that bridge of doom gets scarier as every derby goes by!! Hope this andy dude isnt standing there on the 3rd or we could be goners.....

have to admit, that bridge of doom gets scarier as every derby goes by!! Hope this andy dude isnt standing there on the 3rd or we could be goners.....

What's the bridge of doom?

It was nice of him though to take the front cover picture at the zoo with all the animals present.

On the far right I can see a small chipmunk and a large elephant on the far left with I think a bald eagle in the background.

As for the bridge of doom it's funny in all my years of using it not once have I been chased, harassed or even intimidated using it -- must be that his boys are visiting their mums at match time.

I didn't read the book but I read the chapter on Hearts that says they were a disgraceful mob blah blah and how hibs were the greatest mob ever. What he and the other lad who wrote a hibs book don't understand is that the Hearts support made it very difficult for the Hearts mob to grow and there was plenty of run-ins between the two with the casuals getting grief most of the time.

The hibs mob were able to swagger into the hibs shed no problem and didn't get grief at all, if they had tried that in the Hearts shed that would've been torn to pieces. So all the young lads who wanted a mob in Edinburgh went to Hibs including a lot of Hearts casuals and other boys who either supported other teams or supported no teams at all and just wanted to be part of a huge mob. I knew plenty of Hibs casuals who couldn't even name two hibs players at that time.

If the hibs mob was a true hibs mob they would never had allowed hearts boys to join them, they just wanted to be a great mob and took all the casuals they could get to be number one, or two if you liked the ASC better.

The hibs support themselves at that time had no spine and were just grateful that they had a hooligan mob that stopped them from getting grief from Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans. I followed Hearts from 83-89 and never ran into the CCS at Easter Rd, maybe they jumped Hearts fans in the city centre. But Hearts used to take over 10,000 fans to easter Rd, Hibs support at Tynescastle was a disgrace, to the point where in 89 I think Hearts split the gorgie rd end to allow more Hearts fans in.

Anyway........

I didn't read the book but I read the chapter on Hearts that says they were a disgraceful mob blah blah and how hibs were the greatest mob ever. What he and the other lad who wrote a hibs book don't understand is that the Hearts support made it very difficult for the Hearts mob to grow and there was plenty of run-ins between the two with the casuals getting grief most of the time.

The hibs mob were able to swagger into the hibs shed no problem and didn't get grief at all, if they had tried that in the Hearts shed that would've been torn to pieces. So all the young lads who wanted a mob in Edinburgh went to Hibs including a lot of Hearts casuals and other boys who either supported other teams or supported no teams at all and just wanted to be part of a huge mob. I knew plenty of Hibs casuals who couldn't even name two hibs players at that time.

If the hibs mob was a true hibs mob they would never had allowed hearts boys to join them, they just wanted to be a great mob and took all the casuals they could get to be number one, or two if you liked the ASC better.

The hibs support themselves at that time had no spine and were just grateful that they had a hooligan mob that stopped them from getting grief from Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans. I followed Hearts from 83-89 and never ran into the CCS at Easter Rd, maybe they jumped Hearts fans in the city centre. But Hearts used to take over 10,000 fans to easter Rd, Hibs support at Tynescastle was a disgrace, to the point where in 89 I think Hearts split the gorgie rd end to allow more Hearts fans in.

Anyway........

Good post, and I like the bit in bold.

:2thumbsup:

Anyway........

That's exactly how I remember events at the time.

It was nice of him though to take the front cover picture at the zoo with all the animals present.

On the far right I can see a small chipmunk and a large elephant on the far left with I think a bald eagle in the background.

As for the bridge of doom it's funny in all my years of using it not once have I been chased, harassed or even intimidated using it -- must be that his boys are visiting their mums at match time.

One of the main protaginists (sp) is missing from the picture - he has been replaced due to his current charity work.

Ironically,the only time i recall any bother is when you couldn't get over the bridge because of the congestion.One such occasion was the New Year game in 1989(night game).Many fans realised they would miss the game if they waited in the bridge queue so,like us,headed down to Albion Rd.

A small "stramash" ensued but made it round.Missed the first 15 mins waiting to get in,getting to our spot just as Eddie May scored the only goal of the game.Don't even get me started on the matter of getting out that terracing at the end.Bridge of Doom?Mmmmmmm!

Chad Sexington

Anyway........

Spot on. Hearts support at the piggery was always outstanding. In all the times I was going in the 80's and 90's I didn't see one Hibs casual.

I'll admit to knowing nothing about the subject at hand, but that photo on the front of the book is outstandingly cringe-worthy.

We have our own chapter :10900:

HEARTS: CHASING THE ****

My hatred for Hearts, the ****, runs deep. I refuse to wear anything maroon or get into a maroon car. I would never hire a car from Hertz. The only time I ever say the word is to warn my Son about the "Hearts" on the pavement: that is the dog ****. I had the words "foak the Hearts" tatooed on my upper lip.

:108:

I stopped reading it. He's a lying barsteward. Thinks it's some sort of bible to the young Hobos who will think it must have been great back then. I skipped to the Hearts chapter after the first couple and he celebrated Mercer's death "like winning a trophy". A wee trophy perhaps? All he got was a burst nose and swollen lip after getting attacked by 50 Hearts fans on one occassion. He "stood himself with the *******s". What a tool.

I stopped reading it. He's a lying barsteward. Thinks it's some sort of bible to the young Hobos who will think it must have been great back then. I skipped to the Hearts chapter after the first couple and he celebrated Mercer's death "like winning a trophy". A wee trophy perhaps? All he got was a burst nose and swollen lip after getting attacked by 50 Hearts fans on one occassion. He "stood himself with the *******s". What a tool.

Please tell me you weren't shocked by these 'revelations', mate.

Standard practises for these cretins.

Please tell me you weren't shocked by these 'revelations', mate.

Standard practises for these cretins.

I'd refrain from having a go if I were you:

Any insult, real or imagined, was severely punished. Our boys would go to their house or where the worked and teach them a lesson they'd never forget.

Hope nobody on here got a visit.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Great, another book about pavement dancing and bald men dressing 20 years younger than they should walking with their feet too close together. An instant cure for insomnia if ever I heard one.

The problem with these books are they are ALWAYS going to be embelished. Your never going to hear one of these idiots saying "aye we went down to Brockville in Febuary 87 and every one of us got our teeth to play with" Obviously they are going to make themselves sound like the hardest thing known to man.

People who choose to fight for pleasure deserve to be ritually ignored. Its been done to death and wasn't remotelt interesting the first time. Problem is there are far to many ringpieces about who think the whole thing is a true story.

how do these ar**holes even get this tripe into print??

And just to confirm what has already been said i never ever had any bother from these muppets in the 80's...easter road was a stroll in the park they seem to think it was some sort of hardman fort, it was more like a crap throwaway wendy house...muppets to a man

how do these ar**holes even get this tripe into print??

And just to confirm what has already been said i never ever had any bother from these muppets in the 80's...easter road was a stroll in the park they seem to think it was some sort of hardman fort, it was more like a crap throwaway wendy house...muppets to a man

I seem to recall that they seemed to meet up with "like minded" individuals at the roundabout at the top of Leith Walk. Dont think they were particularly liked or welcomed by the main Hibs support either as I remember the Hobos fighting amongst themselves and it turned out it was some of these guys. A friend and I got chatted up by some of these guys (we were younger then!) and they didnt seem to be bothered that we were Hearts fans. Mind I dont think that knew what month it was either. Getting kicked in the head lots of times does that to guys.

I seem to recall that they seemed to meet up with "like minded" individuals at the roundabout at the top of Leith Walk. Dont think they were particularly liked or welcomed by the main Hibs support either as I remember the Hobos fighting amongst themselves and it turned out it was some of these guys. A friend and I got chatted up by some of these guys (we were younger then!) and they didnt seem to be bothered that we were Hearts fans. Mind I dont think that knew what month it was either. Getting kicked in the head lots of times does that to guys.

The difference was always that a great number of the Hibs support back then quite liked having these ars*holes in tow, it made them feel that they had something to get over on us.

We simply kicked them out, there was boys in my year at st tams who were Hearts supports who became hibs boys simply because they were made more welcome at Easter road

The majority of the cretins were nothing but cowards who gathered in large mobs and picked on smaller mobs than their own.If they encountered a group of similar size they settled the encounter by pavement dancing en-mass.I had a few run ins with them in the 80s and always found that one on one they always ran so fast i couldnt catch them.

Guest jambomickey
The majority of the cretins were nothing but cowards who gathered in large mobs and picked on smaller mobs than their own.If they encountered a group of similar size they settled the encounter by pavement dancing en-mass.I had a few run ins with them in the 80s and always found that one on one they always ran so fast i couldnt catch them.

spot on.

i'm scared now.:qqb017:

Me too. Won,t be back at another derby again :10900:. Would they have tried anything if Hibs came across a Polish or Eastern european team? Anyone glorifying hooliganism is s**m.

All throught he 80's and 90's i'd slag hibees for being ....well....sh** and all he'd ever say is

"We have the harder fans"

Now their response is "at least we are still going to be a club in 10 years"

Never have they actually been able to reply with a footballing argument

Was in WH Smith bookshop in the Gyle yesterday and don't know if it was a Hearts fan at the lash, but his books were on the 'Tragic Life Stories' section. Either that or a member of staff had read the book.

Seymour M Hersh

Well if he and his mates (in the picture) are there's little or no chance anyone will be able to squeeze past the fat turds.

Seymour M Hersh
Spot on. Hearts support at the piggery was always outstanding. In all the times I was going in the 80's and 90's I didn't see one Hibs casual.

Tbh you rarely saw any hobos after the match. Just a sea of maroon heading up fester road to London Rd.

Miller Jambo 60
For those that didn't see the photo of him and his best mate standing posing on the Bridge of Doom, here is a scanned copy.

GAYBRG1.gif

That would be on the bridge of doom.

Like another poster said, been to fester loads of times.

Yet to see a casual.

Chad Sexington
Tbh you rarely saw any hobos after the match. Just a sea of maroon heading up fester road to London Rd.

Correct.

I used to love that sight.

Like a giant medieval army invading their territory. :10900:

(sigh) Happy days. :toasting:

Nelly Terraces

'Foreword by Irvine Welsh'.

What a fecking middle class wannabe yob that blunt is.

Trying to get some 'street' kudos by getting involved with this piece of excrement. How desperate can you get, he was nowhere near this scene in the 80's or since, but you can tell he probably tugs his todger romanticizing the stories from the baboon Blanche and the rest of the hobo mob.

Mind you, this latest sad waste of a forest is probably better than any of the pish that Welsh has (re)produced over the last year, yeah Irvine, bit rewrite the same Trainspotting gadgey gash over and over, there's always enough suckers to buy it.

A hobo plum of the highest order. No wonder we hate these ****s so much. They make it pretty easy to do so.

Andy Blance was running a company supplying doormen to pubs in Dunfermline believe it or not!

I am sure that he was jailed or at least on trial for a large scale fight (casual related) in a Dunfermline pub in the late 90's. unsure of the actual details .

I find a lot of these books a bit copy and paste they just change the names of the people and teams involved. They thought they were hard then we came along etc...

They all talk in a similar gloryfing violence tone, always tell us about where and when and never ask the question of themselves why they did it. 'These colours dont run (unless the police or a bigger group come along) ' is a particularly good(bad) example of this .

The bridge you have to walk over to get to the away stand at easter road

It was called that by B*** on the Danny Dyer thing ( tongue in cheek) and has since been called "Bridge of doom" by these muppets. Haha.

Have walked over it many times and have yet to fall off lol

Anyway........

Fair post my man

'Foreword by Irvine Welsh'.

What a fecking middle class wannabe yob that blunt is.

Trying to get some 'street' kudos by getting involved with this piece of excrement. How desperate can you get, he was nowhere near this scene in the 80's or since, but you can tell he probably tugs his todger romanticizing the stories from the baboon Blanche and the rest of the hobo mob.

Mind you, this latest sad waste of a forest is probably better than any of the pish that Welsh has (re)produced over the last year, yeah Irvine, bit rewrite the same Trainspotting gadgey gash over and over, there's always enough suckers to buy it.

A hobo plum of the highest order. No wonder we hate these ****s so much. They make it pretty easy to do so.

I havn't read Hibs Boy but Welsh's last book Crime was 100 times better than These Colours...

If you had read it you would know its not Trainspotting gadgey gash.

Gash maybe but without the trainspotting gadgeys

I went to my first derby at ER in 1982 (East of Scotland Shield, 0-1 loss) and for the next twenty years I rarely missed a game there. Apart from the very occasional defeat, I can only say I have have nothing but good memories of going over the bridge of doom to ER.

I loved the derby in the 80s and 90s and as Chad said, there was nowt better than walking up ER after a win with 9,000 other Hearts fans. Great times.

Thank you Hearts and Hibs.

Archived