How to beat Hibs

John Findlay

score more goals than them :)

Seriously.

Hibs do not have a strong defence. They have a strong midfield and attack(on paper). Admittedly on paper we have a strong square root of zilch.

However the best way to beat Hibs is attack them again and again and again.

Not sure the current Hearts team is capable of this but, Dinamo Zagreb at home says we can.

What I do not want is to take a goal lead and defend it. That will only be asking for trouble.

Get tore into them from the first whistle to the last. It really is that simple.

Whilst victory over Hibs will be papering over the cracks it would still be nice to have that Monday morning smile as wide as the Forth estuary as I walk into work.

John

Seriously.

Hibs do not have a strong defence. They have a strong midfield and attack(on paper). Admittedly on paper we have a strong square root of zilch.

Not sure the current Hearts team is capable of this but, Dinamo Zagreb at home says we can.

What I do not want is to take a goal lead and defend it. That will only be asking for trouble.

Get tore into them from the first whistle to the last. It really is that simple.

Whilst victory over Hibs will be papering over the cracks it would still be nice to have that Monday morning smile as wide as the Forth estuary as I walk into work.

John

I agree with that John. Also, be professional. Their discipline is worse than ours, by a mile too.

I know we didn't beat them in the league last year (shockingly), but the way they behaved in each game was atrocious. If we can be strong and disciplined and let their flairmeisters get their knickers in a twist when it's not all going their way as they've been brought up to believe it should, the might just do some silly things. Whether Conway punishes them is another story

Drylaw Hearts

Seriously.

John

If we play like we did v Zagreb we'll win imo.

mahgrassyshoes

We could beat anyone in the league if we played like we did at home against Zagreb. Question has to be, " why have we only played like that once this season?"!

Drylaw Hearts
We could beat anyone in the league if we played like we did at home against Zagreb. Question has to be, " why have we only played like that once this season?"!

Answer could be....

Maybe the players were on a nice big juicy bonus to get through !?!?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

4-4-2

Balogh

Wallace

Goncalves

Bouzid

Thomson

Driver

Stewart

Black

Kingston

Glen

Elliot

Attack them! Get Stewart in a less crowded midfield and tell him spray the passes around. Black to help and to try and get as much service to the front two as he can, tell him to show us that he can play like he did against Celtic consistantly.

Nade and Suso to come on later on when legs are tired and if we have no injuries or sending offs or need to replace knackered players further back, then Novikovas or Templeton aswell.

Run the legs of them and no sitting back on a goal start or trying to treat it like any ordinary game.

If Black or Stewart tires or falls out of the game then bring on Palazuelos. Likewise have Kucharski on the bench in case a defender gets knackered.

If Larry and Driver play well then we will have a grip on things in the wide areas with Thomson and Wallace providing support and keeping Zemmama and Rat-boy quiet.

This team sheet allows for rejigging with Larry able to fill in in other areas if needed or a change of shape is required.

If it is a tight game in the last 20 minutes then i don't think I would be a happy Hobo to see Suso, Temps, Novikovas or even Nade standing on the sidelines stripped and ready to go... Especially after a gruelling derby.

I think two strikers are essential on Saturday but do not expect to see it.

We must start at a high tempo and keep it going all game.None of this scoring and lying back in the second half nonsense.

Plus if Obua,Driver,Witteveen,Glen or whoever is not involved first 20mins make changes.Hibs have had a lot of luck this season maybe their luck will run out this week.

Keep 11 men on the park, the hobos (who are not that great in midfield imo) don't tend to do as well against 11men.

Going out with the same attitude as against Zagreb at home will help.

4-4-2

Balogh

Wallace

Goncalves

Bouzid

Thomson

Driver

Stewart

Black

Kingston

Glen

Elliot

QUOTE]

Is Clum fit again?

would be quite happy for him to come straight in if so.

think our only chance is to kick them off the park.... and hold out like the alamo

Did McGoo not try that at the weekend? :curtain:

You know what, this thread is actually ridiculous now I think of it.

How to beat hibs? Kick them off the park? Show discipline (that was mine)?

They're HIBS FFS! The sun shines on a dog's arse some days and it's been their day recently. We shouldn't be worried about them. They're Hibs, we should just go out and beat them like we have done 270 times before

Guest Bilel Mohsni
4-4-2

Balogh

Wallace

Goncalves

Bouzid

Thomson

Driver

Stewart

Black

Kingston

Glen

Elliot

QUOTE]

Is Clum fit again?

would be quite happy for him to come straight in if so.

He was scheduled to be back but I don't know if he is fit yet... i too would chuck him right in if he is.

mulleted_jambo
You know what, this thread is actually ridiculous now I think of it.

How to beat hibs? Kick them off the park? Show discipline (that was mine)?

They're HIBS FFS! The sun shines on a dog's arse some days and it's been their day recently. We shouldn't be worried about them. They're Hibs, we should just go out and beat them like we have done 270 times before

Exactly, yes they've had a good start to the season but their team isn't that good apart from the front 4. Their defence is still dodgy.

Don't by in tho the Hype coming out of the San Giro, we'll pump them 1-0 or 2-1 :10900:

Archived