Nick Griffin On Question Time

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Should be the most entertaining piece of television this decade. A must see. :)

nick-griffin-egg_1420327i.jpg

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley

Is it possible to anticipate an anti-climax?

If so, I anticipate an anti-climax.

He's going to keep himself on a very short leash and stick to the published manifesto. He's not going to come in wearing jackboots and a black shirt. He won't be drawn into discussions about being a right-wing, fascist holocaust denier. He'll have carefully rehearsed monologues on all the major areas on which we'd like to have the truth.

Any panelist who tries to bring the less savoury aspects of his party &/or personality to the fore will be denounced for not addressing the issues and trying to smear him/the party.

It'll be quite something if someone makes him drop the veneer while retaining their own (party's) credibility.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I watch it almost every time anyway... this should be interesting though, right enough.

I have been going over the permutations in my mind and this is what i think could be results of the show.

Positive...

Enough people with a brain in their head will watch it and realise that these nazis are nothing other than a racist sham, when they are torn to pieces by the panal and audience.

They will expose themselves as the odious s*** that they are and a few of the people who were sitting there thinking "Oh well maybe they are not nazi **** afterall" will see for themselves exactly what they are all about and not be taken in so easily again.

Negative...

Some of the people who think that they have a point and a place will latch on to what they say, while completely ignoring the the rebuttles of the panal.

Some incredibly stupid but not racist people will not pick up on their nazi undertones of their imbecile leader and think they are all about the good of society and a reasonably electable party.

Neutral...

This will be the most watched episode of a political program in Britain outside of a general election and will hopefully lead to a few people -who do not normaly follow politics- tuning in agan in the future and thereby developing an interest in the field and some knowledge on it in the future.

Bring him on I say...

Optimus Prime

Looking forward to it. Mr Griffin will undoubtedly be fed enough rope to hang himself and his pathetic little party.....free speech for all!

He's going to keep himself on a very short leash and stick to the published manifesto. He's not going to come in wearing jackboots and a black shirt. He won't be drawn into discussions about being a right-wing, fascist holocaust denier. He'll have carefully rehearsed monologues on all the major areas on which we'd like to have the truth.

Any panelist who tries to bring the less savoury aspects of his party &/or personality to the fore will be denounced for not addressing the issues and trying to smear him/the party.

It'll be quite something if someone makes him drop the veneer while retaining their own (party's) credibility.

You are probably correct but you never know. I reckon it will be designed for him to fall flat on his face in spectacular fashion. Risky stuff from the BBC!

Protesters outside the BBC studio already, apparently a few 'incidents' have already been reported. :)

jamboinglasgow

I will be watching it as it will be good entertainment. Though does anyone else get annoyed at the clapping they have when someone makes a point then sits there looking all smug.

The thing is about Nick Griffin is he is not a stupid man (cambridge educated) i think that the BNP will come out of this quite well and that is what frightens the other partys....

There is no doubt that it is going to make some entertaining TV and some "heated" debating

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I will be watching it as it will be good entertainment. Though does anyone else get annoyed at the clapping they have when someone makes a point then sits there looking all smug.

I do... It turns the whole thing into an episode Deal or no Deal or something like that... totaly unecessary. expect lots of that tonight.

Optimus Prime

I think there is enough scope for ridicule in there alone without the other stuff you mentioned.

Is it tonight this is on?

I've been told by my Modern Studies teacher to watch it as homework.

Yes. I wonder how the audience will react to anything Nick Griffin says tonight on topics where he gives a reasonably sane answer, eg his opinions on Royal Mail etc, harmless questions. They will probably just boo anyway infact.

The Mighty Thor
Looking forward to it. Mr Griffin will undoubtedly be fed enough rope to hang himself and his pathetic little party.....free speech for all!

I think that will be what the other panelists hope will happen, but as Ivan said earlier he'll keep himself to his manifesto/comfort zone and repeat them ad nauseam. That said regardless of what you think of his policies i don't think he's as daft as people would make him out to be.

I think he'll get a fairly hostile reception from the audience which could actually spoil things IMO as i'd like the ability to hear what he has to say on a public platform and to have that cross examined by a panel of his peers.

Should be an interesting show though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
The thing is about Nick Griffin is he is not a stupid man (cambridge educated) i think that the BNP will come out of this quite well and that is what frightens the other partys....

There is no doubt that it is going to make some entertaining TV and some "heated" debating

Depends how you define 'stupid' I suppose... Cambridge or not, the stoking up of racial tensions in a multi-cultural society like britain is fool-hardy at the very least and hate-filled too.

Stupid? in many ways I believe he is but even the most inteligent of people (no debate that he is never going to be in that category) can be wicked and cruel... I am still expecting him to be ripped to shreds to be honest...

I P Knightley

Positive...

Enough people with a brain in their head will watch it and realise that these nazis are nothing other than a racist sham, when they are torn to pieces by the panal and audience.

They will expose themselves as the odious s*** that they are and a few of the people who were sitting there thinking "Oh well maybe they are not nazi **** afterall" will see for themselves exactly what they are all about and not be taken in so easily again.

Negative...

Some of the people who think that they have a point and a place will latch on to what they say, while completely ignoring the the rebuttles of the panal.

Some incredibly stupid but not racist people will not pick up on their nazi undertones of their imbecile leader and think they are all about the good of society and a reasonably electable party.

Neutral...

This will be the most watched episode of a political program in Britain outside of a general election and will hopefully lead to a few people -who do not normaly follow politics- tuning in agan in the future and thereby developing an interest in the field and some knowledge on it in the future.

Bring him on I say...

I really doubt that anyone will tune into this show with an open mind.

If you're of moderate persuasion, you're either going to confirm your suspicions that he is an odious little jobby or, should he remain bland, convince yourself that it was all stage managed and he's actually an odious little jobby with a good PR machine keeping his nose clean for him.

If you yourself are an odious little jobby with far-right fascist views, his appearance is not going to let you down. You'll either admire his ability to remain calm in the face of wolly liberal hand-wringing provocation or else you'll admire his ability to forcibly support an opinion that there are too many immigrants (with dark skin) in the UK. I think it was Richard Littlejohn who wrote that the core of people who sympathise with the BNP are not exactly the type who'd tune in to QT and, even if they did, it would simply be to see a live performance from their hero - not to draw information from the debate.

The audience are kept carefully corralled and questions are vetted & strictly controlled. You're unlikely to see a rampage from the seats (unless it leaks out on YouTube).

So, it will be neutral.

I P Knightley
Protesters outside the BBC studio already, apparently a few 'incidents' have already been reported. :)

I'm going to detour by BBC TV Centre on the way home to soak up the atmosphere!

I think there is enough scope for ridicule in there alone without the other stuff you mentioned.

But he's able to trot it out in veneered, inoffensive way.

Is it tonight this is on?

I've been told by my Modern Studies teacher to watch it as homework.

Tell your Modern Studies teacher from me that he's a lazy git. He should be teaching you rather than telling you to stay up late on a school night watching telly. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni
Yes. I wonder how the audience will react to anything Nick Griffin says tonight on topics where he gives a reasonably sane answer, eg his opinions on Royal Mail etc, harmless questions. They will probably just boo anyway infact.

Probably and that would be a bit cringeworthy but...

Even if a rapist or peado makes good films or pop songs then that is not a reason for them to dodge jail and in that context what a f****** nazi b****** thinks about postal strikes I care very little about.

Optimus Prime

Something along these lines perhaps......

28-1124a.gif

Depends how you define 'stupid' I suppose... Cambridge or not, the stoking up of racial tensions in a multi-cultural society like britain is fool-hardy at the very least and hate-filled too.

Stupid? in many ways I believe he is but even the most inteligent of people (no debate that he is never going to be in that category) can be wicked and cruel... I am still expecting him to be ripped to shreds to be honest...

By stupid i mean he can articulate and hold his own in debate, not like the other 99.5% of his party.....

I saw him on Channel 4 news on Tuesday(?) and he held his own with Peter Snow and i would say performed better than the other panellist James Bethel...... I think the BNP could do quite well out of this evening

Tell your Modern Studies teacher from me that he's a lazy git. He should be teaching you rather than telling you to stay up late on a school night watching telly. :)

In his defence we're on holiday at the moment.

:mw_tease:

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I really doubt that anyone will tune into this show with an open mind.

If you're of moderate persuasion, you're either going to confirm your suspicions that he is an odious little jobby or, should he remain bland, convince yourself that it was all stage managed and he's actually an odious little jobby with a good PR machine keeping his nose clean for him.

If you yourself are an odious little jobby with far-right fascist views, his appearance is not going to let you down. You'll either admire his ability to remain calm in the face of wolly liberal hand-wringing provocation or else you'll admire his ability to forcibly support an opinion that there are too many immigrants (with dark skin) in the UK. I think it was Richard Littlejohn who wrote that the core of people who sympathise with the BNP are not exactly the type who'd tune in to QT and, even if they did, it would simply be to see a live performance from their hero - not to draw information from the debate.

The audience are kept carefully corralled and questions are vetted & strictly controlled. You're unlikely to see a rampage from the seats (unless it leaks out on YouTube).

So, it will be neutral.

First of all... "... he is an odious little jobby... " :10900:

I dunno... I think this will be a very well watched episode and you only need to look at the borderliners on message boards like this one to realise that there are an awfull lot of people who do not normaly watch debates like these to make up their own minds but sit and nod along to the local, loudmouthed, racist, bore in the pub as he trots out a lot of b0ll0x on the subject as if he knows what he is talking about... it will do these people good to watch the show and make up their own minds instead of listening others' opinions and thinking they must be correct because they are loud and speak with confidence...

Guest Bilel Mohsni
By stupid i mean he can articulate and hold his own in debate, not like the other 99.5% of his party.....

I saw him on Channel 4 news on Tuesday(?) and he held his own with Peter Snow and i would say performed better than the other panellist James Bethel...... I think the BNP could do quite well out of this evening

I see where you are coming from. However i think the best put downs and rebuttles will come from the floor tonight and hope we see something like the little old lady who tore Thatcher to shreds over the Falkland's war in the eighties... that was marvelous telly and i think there will be more than a few sharp cookies out there tonight in the audience who will get it right in about him. Also, whatever you think of Jack Straw and his politics, he will have no problem dismantling this clown I reckon.

I

Ach its good for them, if you are studying modern studies you need to keep up with all this stuff, although you should be doing it every week, not just the controversial, highly anticipated week. My Modern St. teacher would tell us to watch question time, newsnight, the news etc. every week

But, incase your teacher IS a lazy git, bombard them with any questions you have about the show next time you have Modern Studies, even better if you do it after class, that'll show their true agenda!

Looking forward to the show tonight myself, although almost in the same way I get excited about a derby, I have a bit of concern on the back of my mind that he answers questions well and appeals to some undecided voters out there.

Would much rather have seen him go one on one with Paxo, that would be great entertainment!

I think its going to be quite an intresting watch. I'm dissapointed by the panel though, it would have been better if someone like George Galloway was on it, he would really tear Nick Griffin a new one.

As for Griffin himself, I think that he will do his very best to restrain himself from saying anything too controversial. I think he'll try and direct his arguement more towards working white people rather than aim his arguement towards immigration and ethnic diversity.

The audience last week boo'd him when they heard his name being read out for this weeks panel, I think he'll get a rather frosty reception tonight.

I see where you are coming from. However i think the best put downs and rebuttles will come from the floor tonight and hope we see something like the little old lady who tore Thatcher to shreds over the Falkland's war in the eighties... that was marvelous telly and i think there will be more than a few sharp cookies out there tonight in the audience who will get it right in about him. Also, whatever you think of Jack Straw and his politics, he will have no problem dismantling this clown I reckon.

Agree, i would love to see Griffin made to look like an idiot this evening and the panelists the BBC have are pretty formidible. I especially think Baroness Warsi will be good.

I was pointing out that many people seem to have an expectation that all the BNP are racist boot wearing national front type yobs (which 99.5% are) but in Griffin they actually have someone who is articulate and able to debate. This evening he will be out to highlight and prey on peoples fears about immigration, the war and crime and will have plenty white working class britans nodding along in their livingrooms.

I think its going to be quite an intresting watch. I'm dissapointed by the panel though, it would have been better if someone like George Galloway was on it, he would really tear Nick Griffin a new one.

As for Griffin himself, I think that he will do his very best to restrain himself from saying anything too controversial. I think he'll try and direct his arguement more towards working white people rather than aim his arguement towards immigration and ethnic diversity.

The audience last week boo'd him when they heard his name being read out for this weeks panel, I think he'll get a rather frosty reception tonight.

Don't know who's the biggest C0ck between these 2??? :hat2:

Galloway is brilliant on these things. Remember when he went to the US? He tore them a new one. If you want someone to articulately rip the ****e out of another panelist there is nobody better.

Don't want to wish my holiday away, but I'd love to see QT tonight. :2thumbsup:

The trendy lefty PC brigade are running scared, particularly that whining mongrel Peter Hain. It would appear that free speech and airing the views of legitimate political parties is one of their key objectives - unless of course they don't agree with the views that are expressed. :43:

Galloway is brilliant on these things. Remember when he went to the US? He tore them a new one. If you want someone to articulately rip the ****e out of another panelist there is nobody better.

:qqb017:

Classic! Galloway is a self-serving egotist with zero political credibility. Or have I missed something and impersonating a cat on Big Brother has suddenly been covered in Hansard? :smoking:

He might be but he's still a far superior debater too anyone else on the panel, it would be pure fireworks if we had two politicians (if you can call Griffin that) from two completely different ends of the spectrum.

That aisan lassie, the civil and human rights activist with the short hair, her names Sri-Lankan or Indian, she would have done a good job aswell.

Jack Straw is a very intelligent guy and a good politician but he's not going to stick the knife into Griffin.

He might be but he's still a far superior debater too anyone else on the panel, it would be pure fireworks if we had two politicians (if you can call Griffin that) from two completely different ends of the spectrum.

That aisan lassie, the civil and human rights activist with the short hair, her names Sri-Lankan or Indian, she would have done a good job aswell.

Jack Straw is a very intelligent guy and a good politician but he's not going to stick the knife into Griffin.

I would like to have seen the Black American comedian on it...Can't remember his name, He's been on Have I got news for you a few times! :smiley2:

maroonlegions
Something along these lines perhaps......

28-1124a.gif

Exactly.:2thumbsup: No matter his tip toeing around questions on his real agendas or policies that picture is a metaphor for the party and politics he manifests.

I would like to have seen the Black American comedian on it...Can't remember his name, He's been on Have I got news for you a few times! :smiley2:

Reginald_D_Hunter_080423110428452_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Reg?

Reginald D Hunter I think his name is!

Yeah he'd be funny and make Griffin look like a total tool. :2thumbsup:

Reginald D Hunter I think his name is!

Yeah he'd be funny and make Griffin look like a total tool. :2thumbsup:

That's the Guy!!! :10900:

maroonlegions
For all these people slating the BNP, can I ask who you vote for and why?

No one as they are all the same and cannot be trusted. Politicians expenditure revelations are probably just the tip of the iceberg with all political parties.Different names on the same wolfs in sheep's clothing.

He might be but he's still a far superior debater too anyone else on the panel

Galloway is certainly a master debator.

And before you accuse Griffin of being an "inferior politician", I suggest you check the number of votes polled by their respective parties in the most recent local or national elections.

Why?

You are quick enough to slate the BNP for their values just wondered what wonderful things your party either stand for and have done in the past that make you vote for them.

Miller Jambo 60

Thats true mate, aye good old George Galloway.

Has many a strange friend, in some strange places.

Doug.

Different names on the same wolfs in sheep's clothing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Utter classic. :smiley2:

just to clarify is this on tonight???

hope that the audience actually let him make a tit of himself, rather than turning it into a panto with booing etc, I have no time for the man or his so called political party, and i think it's actually very brave of the Beeb to invite him on, but i suppose they really have to? they are , i think , supposed to give equal air time to political parties and not be biased either way. Griffin should not be let of lightly, and i hope he is not!

Archived