"Bouzid not the answer" says Shabba

Frankenstein Jambo.

Gary Mac made a good point last night on Hearts World. Put Zal up front and keep Bouzid at the back. Zal can hit a ball and hold it up when needed. i would prefer if it was Black to fill that gap tho and leave the back 4 as it was last night.

Gary Mac made a good point last night on Hearts World. Put Zal up front and keep Bouzid at the back. Zal can hit a ball and hold it up when needed. i would prefer if it was Black to fill that gap tho and leave the back 4 as it was last night.

no way. zaliukas is the best CH at the club.

it's marvelous to see that we are unlikely to see bouzid up front again.

csaba.... stop being a fekin erse and put weetabix or smith in. in other words... a proper striker. they can't do any worse than bouzid.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is Nade dead or something?

As bad as he's been, he's still the best option by some distance.

Csaba should go back to Romanov with a couple of out of contract striker names. You never know he might get him on a going day. There are a few positive signs about the team but it is undermining our whole season.

Laszlo talks a lot of nonsense in the press. He always has and I think he always will. I would laugh about it or ignore it if he was at least doing his part right.

We must also accept that Bouzid is not the solution, he is only a possibility. Bouzid plays in central defence. What is interesting is that Bouzid, against Celtic and in the first half last night, played up front.

It may be lost in translation, but interesting is not the word I would use.

Smith and Glen. So what if they don't have experience. Our other forwards/other options do and they are pants or not likely to be given a chance.

Smith looks quite rugged and certainly taller than Glen. Glen isnt scared of a bot of leg work and can score whe given decent opportunities.

No loss compared to what we've been trying - centre halves just aren't very good up front 9/10.

willie wallace

Would he have moved Bouzid back if Wallace wasn't injured?.It did not take 45 minutes to realise the boy was struggling and the injury to Wallace turned out to be a blessing in disguise.Agree with Stoddy that Zal would be a better bet up front although i still think we need him at the back.

That's your opinion.

Nade is a passenger who's here for the wage.

I'd rather play the tea-lady up front before Nade.

portobellojambo1

I think we have now established that centre halves cannot automatically play centre forward, simply because the word centre is in both positions (it is technically more difficult than that).

Given this is the case I would prefer us to allow the likes of Gordon Smith and Gary Glen to play together on a regular basis, and try to build up a partnership. I suggest these two because we play better when the ball is played into feet, and they have both shown they can control and distribute the ball. Nade is leaving at the end of the season, I suspect Witteveen will go as well, therefore now seems like an excellent chance to start building for the future. By the end of the season the management should then have a better idea of what both Smith and Glen can offer, and with the offload of one or two of the higher earners (given I also expect Kingston to leave) we may then be in a position to buy if we need to.

That's your opinion.

Based on the past two games, you really believe Bouzid is a better option than Nade?

Really?

That's your opinion.

IF we could get Nade fit then I think he could be good for us. The problem is that he has not been fit in the three years we have had him. That points to a serious lack of ambition/drive on Nade's part.

IF he could get fit he should play, until then he should be out of the team.

IF we could get Nade fit then I think he could be good for us. The problem is that he has not been fit in the three years we have had him. That points to a serious lack of ambition/drive on Nade's part.

IF he could get fit he should play, until then he should be out of the team.

yes. even partially motivated he still brings something to the team. the trouble being that he doesn't appear to be at all motivated. i will have to assume that csaba isn't too impressed with him in training either... which leads on to the next issue about what csaba sees in training.

bouzid. i was happy to accept csaba's decision to play him up front versus celtic because i assumed he had demonstrated some competence in training. that's obviously not the case having seen him in the role. so what the hell is csaba playing at? i wasn't convinced he is trying to send out some kind of message to vlad but now i'm really not so sure.

maybe just as well he appears to be backing away from this.

Based on the past two games, you really believe Bouzid is a better option than Nade?

Really?

We can reorganise the formation with Bouzid up front. Bringing him back to defence and pushing a midfielder into a more advanced position without making a substitution.

There's method behind the madness.

Nade offers little in my opinion (and I didn't see Bouzid last night) and replacing Nade would mean bringing someone on from the bench.

Frankenstein Jambo.
We can reorganise the formation with Bouzid up front. Bringing him back to defence and pushing a midfielder into a more advanced position without making a substitution.

Nade offers little in my opinion (and I didn't see Bouzid last night) and replacing Nade would mean bringing someone on from the bench.

No Bouzid is hurrendous up top and nade offers ten times more the Bouzid does. Bouzid is not a striker and im not even convinced he's that good a defender.

So a "real" striker up front for the next game!

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what Csaba's quoted as saying seems to me that he's trying to justify to someone else that Bouzid doesn't work as a striker.

Is there a Korobotcha type figure still at Tynie?

Going to have to disagree then. We have made subs two games in a row to adjust the team when it become clear it wasn't working so while there may be method behind the madness, it's not being used so far!

Nade offered more in his shrort appearance v Killie than Bouzid did for all his time upfront.

I'm just baffled Csaba tried this after failing with Jonsson, failing with Mrowiec and failing with Bouzid JUST LAST WEEK! Incredible stuff.

Equally Black offered more energy in 45mins last night than Nade has in his Hearts 'career'. We would be better with a player with that drive and dare I say it appetite than the wage thief.

Glad Glen got a goal last night, will do him a world of good.

He's worked hard in the last year and not really had a return yet. His confidence has looked bashed.

I noticed a couple of things in the Killie game. Suso's header - he was sniffing for a rebound. His shot about half way through the second half - snap shot with his left foot. Both instances that proved to me with a bit of confidence, a decent run and a good partner, the lad could make a difference.

portobellojambo1
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what Csaba's quoted as saying seems to me that he's trying to justify to someone else that Bouzid doesn't work as a striker.

I've just read the article again and I'm not sure the person he is referring to is an employee of Hearts or linked to Hearts on that side (i.e. the justification part), it may well be him trying to justify it to the fans (maybe he thinks it is the fans who cannot see what he is trying to do).

His justification for playing Ismael Bouzid up front doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned, in fact it sounds like a bit of a haver. I don't particularly want centre halves who are good offensively, I prefer centre halves who can defend their own penalty box well.

winston churchill

i'll say it again.

vlad has previous for this.

The only thing that Bouzid did last night was a half decent run that led to our first goal other than that he was murder.

I have rarely seen a centre back of his size who hardly ever wins a ball in the air, he was beaten virtually every time by Bain who must be a good two or three inches shorter than Bouzid.

Because of his lack of ability Lazlo is now playing Palazuelos in a holding role just in front of the centre backs as cover resulting in Stewart being left to patrol central midfield on his own.

The only thing that Bouzid did last night was a half decent run that led to our first goal other than that he was murder.

I have rarely seen a centre back of his size who hardly ever wins a ball in the air, he was beaten virtually every time by Bain who must be a good two or three inches shorter than Bouzid.

Because of his lack of ability Lazlo is now playing Palazuelos in a holding role just in front of the centre backs as cover resulting in Stewart being left to patrol central midfield on his own.

I agree that in respect of Ruben the consequence of Bouzid's inabilty in the air is that he is now being asked to become a make shift "centre back" as well as the holding player.

I agree that in respect of Ruben the consequence of Bouzid's inabilty in the air is that he is now being asked to become a make shift "centre back" as well as the holding player.

Maybe Csaba should consider playing Ruben at Centre Back alonside Zal and drop Bouzid with Black partnering Stewart in midfield.

Here's a radical idea Laszlo (or Vlad) - play each man in his proper position.

It seems to be working for young Mr Thomson at right back.

Yes I know we don't have any strikers blah blah

Dougie Masterton
Is Nade dead or something?As bad as he's been, he's still the best option by some distance.

It's quite possible, last time i saw him he never moved.:10900:

Maybe I am reading wrong as well but I think Csaba is saying he isn't the answer but we have nothing else just now so will continue to use him there.

Who is the answer?

Bouzid is certainly not the answer - young Gordon Smith and Ian Black were much more effective options up front 2nd half.

One player who did catch the eye last night was Neil McGregor the blonde Dunfermline centre back who conceded the penalty but was otherwise impressive i thought - now I know we're well covered at centre back just now with several foreigners Zaliukas, Goncalves, Bouzid & Kucharski on the books but if any of those players leave and we're looking at the Scottish market for a replacement then McGregor looks like someone worth keeping an eye on, probably wouldn't cost too much and at 24 still has his prime years ahead of him.

Jonsson, Park, McGowan(s) & Balatoni also have the potential to emerge as central defensive options in future but currently all still young and Jonsson apart haven't had much if any competitive first team experience yet.

Miller Jambo 60

I like Nades and feel he just needs a wee bit luck in front of goal.

And how it took Casba 2 games to discover that playing a defender up front was wrong is beyond me.

Better keeping that stupid decision off his CV.

Doug.

Csaba should go back to Romanov with a couple of out of contract striker names. You never know he might get him on a going day. There are a few positive signs about the team but it is undermining our whole season.

Levein was on the radio the other day saying the collapse of the setanta deal lost him 40% of his spending budget.

You never know, maybe it all worked out great for us and we have lots of money to spend.

Guest JamboRobbo

Really?

Based on the past two years, do you really think it's worth playing Nade?

Who is the answer?

I'd say we're basically killing time and trying to make it through till Clum comes back. That may make some of the more furrow-browed types on here spark out in melodrama but I think he'll do the job for us.

mulleted_jambo
Maybe Csaba should consider playing Ruben at Centre Back alonside Zal and drop Bouzid with Black partnering Stewart in midfield.

I'd like to see Kucharski given a chance if either Zal or Jose get injured. i thought he looked pretty good up in Dundee and hasn't been given a sniff since. Although we do have plenty of options there.

He may recognize Bouzid isn't the answer but he doesn't seem to realize that playing a defender there isn't either, by virtue of the fact he's tried most of them there now.

I'd like to see Kucharski given a chance if either Zal or Jose get injured. i thought he looked pretty good up in Dundee and hasn't been given a sniff since. Although we do have plenty of options there.

Looks like he's way down the line. I still question his signing given we have both McGowan and Park. I'm pretty sure they thought Jose would be on his way one way or another.

I actually think Bouzid is a decent CH - he looked ok v Celtic to me - he talks well and it looks like he's diving in a bit less. I can see him coming good, but he's 3rd choice back there for me and 16,000th choice upfront behind everyone else in the stadium (that's probably still one infront of Jamie Mole though!)

The Mighty Thor

Personally i'm surprised it hasn't worked.

Bouzid does look like a real player, fabulous touch, great on the ground and wins everything in the air.

Never mind we'll just have to go to plan B,C,D......etc.

Personally i'm surprised it hasn't worked.

Bouzid does look like a real player, fabulous touch, great on the ground and wins everything in the air.

Never mind we'll just have to go to plan B,C,D......etc.

I think Csaba agrees with you and it may therefore be that he will play in front of the defence with Zal and Jose in the CB positions. He almost says as much in the Daily Wrecker.

The Mighty Thor
I think Csaba agrees with you and it may therefore be that he will play in front of the defence with Zal and Jose in the CB positions. He almost says as much in the Daily Wrecker.

The nuances are lost without the sarcasm smiley! :stuart:

winston churchill
If only someone had thought to bring in a striker during the transfer window. Seems so obvious now.

we did.

davie pittenweem.

Based on the past two years, do you really think it's worth playing Nade?

It's more worthwhile than playing Bouzid, yes.

Do you think Bouzid should be ahead of Nade. A simple yes or no will do.

Say What Again
Do you think Bouzid should be ahead of Nade. A simple yes or no will do.

I'm genuinely amazed at the amount of people on this thread who would actually play Bouzid upfront before Nade.

:nah:

Archived