"For Club and Country"

Commander Harris

I support Hearts and i support Scotland,but would never in a million years buy that ugabug top.I like Liverpool aswell so maybe could get that put on the back :nah:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radioactive Mince
I support Hearts and i support Scotland,but would never in a million years buy that ugabug top.I like Liverpool aswell so maybe could get that put on the back :nah:

I think it would be ****ing hilarious if you bought one and got "I LIKE LIVERPOOL ASWELL" printed on the back.

Well, maybe not hilarious, but funny in a random "WTF? LOL!" kinda way...

:th_o:

ps Who the **** let Vladimir loose with the crayons and Chinese slaves again? I thought lessons were learned after the whole "RRevolution" debacle.

Mince

Very very pointless idea.

Why would you wear a top representing Hearts when you are at a Scotland match?

You are either at the game or watching in the pub to support Scotland not Hearts.

Must try harder Hearts.

I think it would be ****ing hilarious if you bought one and got "I LIKE LIVERPOOL ASWELL" printed on the back.

Well, maybe not hilarious, but funny in a random "WTF? LOL!" kinda way...

:th_o:

ps Who the **** let Vladimir loose with the crayons and Chinese slaves again? I thought lessons were learned after the whole "RRevolution" debacle.

Mince

I was joking when i wrote that,but now you have put it like that it would be funny getting a top with all that on it,just to see peoples faces :10900:

Don't know why they have advertised the fact you can buy it on Hearts Direct when they haven't put it on the site for purchase, and anyway even if they did it probably wouldn't be here in time for the match anyway.

I can't find it on hearts direct- can anyone help me?

link or what to search?

Yes this young lady can help you!

nurse141106_330x450.jpg

not sure if i like it,i did buy the maroon scotland top tho,i think they only wore it once against georgia,the game we lost! people complained about it looking like a hearts top but i think it looked more like motherwell,s training gear from last season.when i saw them in the dug out i thot it was hearts!!

Maybe a white top with both badges entwined together would have been better.

Wonder if this is what the Europa League Top would have looked like without the Scotland Badge. An initial pre oder in advance maybe.

i lol'd at speedbump!

are we the only club thats doing this then? i was hoping it was a nationwide thing which would make it seem less cheep and tacky!

Quite like it -- similar to Prague top -- style is one we should note for the future -- remember folks this is a leisure top more than it is designed as a strip.

As is usual if you don't like it don't buy it. Simples !!

One of the benefits of going to watch Scotland is that you can go and support them with your non-jambo mates and have a good time.

I would be peeved if hibbys wore a hibs/Scotland top to the Scotland games. Club colors and opinions should be left at home when it comes to Scotland.

Besides how many current Hearts players are on the pitch for Scotland these days?!

And yeh I agree with everyone on here - its mingin' and cheap looking. Might buy it when its in the bargain basket at the end of the season for a fiver and give it away on my travels.

Did they get the club badges from a computer game or something? The Hearts badge looks awful like that

i didn't think we could out do the dodgy umbro strips we have this season but Hearts have managed it, truly horrendous. they haven't even got our badge on the correct side!

yet another disaster :bravo: Hearts

at least its not umbro blue like the rest of the hearts leisure wear seems to be this season.imo that was a bigger own goal from those creative people.

BangkokHearts

This looks like a direct rip-off of my mate's company 'Club And Country'.

I've fired him off an email with a link, he's not going to be a happy bunny.

He does a lot better efforts with the club and country badge intertwined on plain polo shirts.

I'll see if I can get some maroon and some white ones off him if anyone is interested.

They won't be anywhere near ?35 either.

John Gentleman

The club's probably got them on a consignment basis, ie. what you sell is what you sell and anything unsold gets returned to the wholesaler/distrbutor/Mr Lee Wong's Strips'R'Us factory in Shanghai.

Anyone else get the impression that the club is almost whoring itself to make a few quid on the side? As an example, I cite an en-masse email from them I received a few days back pushing, of all things, the Scottish Sun (no, not the weather; the redtop).

This looks like a direct rip-off of my mate's company 'Club And Country'.

I've fired him off an email with a link, he's not going to be a happy bunny.

He does a lot better efforts with the club and country badge intertwined on plain polo shirts.

I'll see if I can get some maroon and some white ones off him if anyone is interested.

They won't be anywhere near ?35 either.

Assuming you mean this outfit

http://www.clubandcountry.org.uk/index.html

Then I'd guess that your mate is the supplier...

The Front page shows samples for Man City/ROI, Newcastle/England and Burnley/Scotland. The latter is almost identical (except the Burnley badge) to the Hearts/Scotland one.

IF Hearts are saying these are liable to sell out by Wednesday then it looks like your mate has pitched this idea to Hearts, run off a few samples and they're going to see if they sell.

Incidentally Club and Country are advertising at ?25 possibly the increase in price will reflect the manufacturer "going straight" and paying for the rights to use other peoples badges. They're also "100% polyester", nice.

Even if I was of an age and disposition to buy and wear football tops I don't think I'd be seen in this one. If I was of a relatively exotic nationality (Or even had an Italian Grandad) then I might be interested (Although obviously not Mexican).

I don't believe this top was created with the Scottish national team in mind. It smacks of a Europa league brainwave and now they have to come up with something to shift them.

Although it's not nearly as bad as to merit some of the reactions on here IMHO.

Dear me, worse than horrific. Club and Country is the name on the tag at the neck of the shirt so assume it's the same guys, and therefore hearts are trying to make an extra tenner out of it. Having touched the 'badges' it feels like someone has melted a ****ty bit of plastic onto it and generally i think the quality is poor, not the 'superb high quality' as suggested on the Hearts website. Should be on a market stall, not on sale from official outlets.

They're also "100% polyester", nice.

Ah, an "easy melter". Stay away from those naked flames folks.....:57:

Was certainly not close to being sold out in the St James centre when I was there earlier. If they're shifted the 50 or so on the racks since 1pm I will be amazed

I went back past the St James shop on my way home and they still had 90% of the shirts that I saw at lunchtime, although it did look like a couple had been sold :21:

I went back past the St James shop on my way home and they still had 90% of the shirts that I saw at lunchtime, although it did look like a couple had been sold :s

They will never go out of fashion though. :th_o:

They will never go out of fashion though. :th_o:

On a kitsch level it might just work. No worse than those stupid ski hats from the eighties with two teams on.

Creepy Lurker

That is horrible! Can't imagine any situation where anyone would ever pay ?35 for it. Yuck!

I am wearing 1 just now- very nearly sold out when i got it, and could possibly be sold out by now

We may have just found a club-salaried mole. :laugh:

I take it they only made 3 of the hideous things, then? It's so bad I've had fecking texts off Celtic fans laughing about it.

Hearts are not Northern Irish or English though.

So Hearts can't market themselves to fans who don't come from Scotland?

Rankgers already do that for you!! Hearts are a Scottish Team, You want NI or England strips Follow the S C U M from the West...Anyway, that is Freakin AWFUL. :nah:

So, because I'm from Belfast I should support Rangers? What's your logic there?

I think you may have misinterpreted my post.

I was telling Ken to ignore Eckauskas as he's a wind up merchant that's fishing for a response.

I'm being genuine, I'd like to see Hearts do something to show that they're not small minded enough to tell the non-Scottish fans to get stuffed.

With all due respect to yourself and the good people of Northern Ireland

Your international team play in Green so **** off.

Our away kit is usually white.

To be fair to the kit above, it's not half maroon, half blue, is it?

Excuse me, Hearts are a SCOTTISH club and not English or Irish.

So marketing themselves as an international club, with many fans based outside of Scotland is a bad idea?

You can't be serious anymore right?

That I'd like to see Hearts reach out to the fans who don't come from Scotland? Yes, deadly.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm being genuine, I'd like to see Hearts do something to show that they're not small minded enough to tell the non-Scottish fans to get stuffed.

So marketing themselves as an international club, with many fans based outside of Scotland is a bad idea?

That I'd like to see Hearts reach out to the fans who don't come from Scotland? Yes, deadly.

Perhaps they would 'reach out' to the hearts fans from other countries if those fans were not starting threads backing the opponents of our national football team? I probably would have supported N.Ireland tonight aswell, but after your wee tantrums of the last couple of days, i hope yer team get absolutely boabied. :10900:

If I moved to say America, Canada or Australia, I would not be stamping my foot and taking the huff because they were not selling Scotland emblazoned parafanalia in my local team's shop and it would certainly not lead me to support the opponents -of the said country that has adopted me- in sporting events... That would make me look like a sad wee, pathetic excuse for a human being... Who would want to look that pathetic small-minded and churlish? :nah:

Perhaps they would 'reach out' to the hearts fans from other countries if those fans were not starting threads backing the opponents of our national football team? I probably would have supported N.Ireland tonight aswell, but after your wee tantrums of the last couple of days, i hope yer team get absolutely boabied. :10900:

If I moved to say America, Canada or Australia, I would not be stamping my foot and taking the huff because they were not selling Scotland emblazoned parafanalia in my local team's shop and it would certainly not lead me to support the opponents -of the said country that has adopted me- in sporting events... That would make me look like a sad wee, pathetic excuse for a human being... Who would want to look that pathetic small-minded and churlish? :nah:

I have my own reasons for not supporting Scotland, none of which have anything to do with Hearts releasing this strip.

I didn't give a monkey's about Scotland until the Lithuania game, when I wanted Lithuania to win as it would benefit Hearts if the players came back with some confidence. then Mikogate happened, so I hope you get stuffed in every game you play.

I'll never back a team with such anti-Hearts sentiment behind it.

I dont really care whether you are trying to wind people up or not as it doesnt bother me in the slightest but surely anyone must be able to see that there are not enough Hearts supporters living in any one place other than Scotland to make any sort of commercial opportunity aimed especially at them completely uneconomic. Realistically, how many Hearts/NI shirts do you want Hearts to stock in each size ???

GC

Cosmopolitan marketing is all well and good but in this case given the apparent lack of enthusiam for this product amongst the Scottish supporters who will make up the majority of the potential market I can't imagine it would make much sense to try and extend the range into niche markets like yourself, Mister Lawson and Lombardia Hearts.

The lack of blue is probably one of the reasons nobody likes it, it's as if the manufacturers came up with this concept for the English Market and thought that just changing the badge would mean that it would work elsewhere (although to be fair it might in Germany).

The manufacturer site shows a picture of a Burnley/Scotland combination which suggests that phoning up and asking them to run off a Hearts/NI one for you might be worth a shot. It would look equally tacky but at least you'd own an even more limited edition.

But to be honest I was really only replying to your post to set up the following one about Mexicans

I dont really care whether you are trying to wind people up or not as it doesnt bother me in the slightest but surely anyone must be able to see that there are not enough Hearts supporters living in any one place other than Scotland to make any sort of commercial opportunity aimed especially at them completely uneconomic. Realistically, how many Hearts/NI shirts do you want Hearts to stock in each size ???

GC

Judging by this thread, the Scotland top isn't going to prove to be the best economical decision made by the club either.

I am wearing 1 just now- very nearly sold out when i got it, and could possibly be sold out by now

Why??? Did you rush home and run up stairs to your bedroom to see how Cool You'd look? :hat2:

24 hours before the game (When you posted), Why are you wearing it Just now?? :nah:

Judging by this thread, the Scotland top isn't going to prove to be the best economical decision made by the club either.

Entirely agree with you and I suspect your silence on the point means that you entirely agree with me. Its just a non-starter for obviuous reasons

GC

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I have my own reasons for not supporting Scotland, none of which have anything to do with Hearts releasing this strip.

I didn't give a monkey's about Scotland until the Lithuania game, when I wanted Lithuania to win as it would benefit Hearts if the players came back with some confidence. then Mikogate happened, so I hope you get stuffed in every game you play.

I'll never back a team with such anti-Hearts sentiment behind it.

Scotland have such an anti-Hearts sentiment?

A few years ago we had a Scotland team made up of our goalie, two central defenders, central midfielder and a left winger and left back that were part of the Hearts team that won the Scottish Cup in what was one of our greatest victories of my lifetime.

Our club song cites our contribution to the Hampden roar.

We have supplied many players who have served with distinction for Scotland, you rightly feel that perhaps we should have supplied more. Thing is even the Huns and the other lot feel that Scotland are against them and that they are not fairly represented when squads are chosen... this inevitably leads to them chosing to not support their country of birth.

I just think it is sad that you are unable to get behind your adopted country's football team when it is the team of the country that gives you and any other immigrants such a good standard of living. It seems a little ungratefull to me.

Scotland have such an anti-Hearts sentiment?

A few years ago we had a Scotland team made up of our goalie, two central defenders, central midfielder and a left winger and left back that were part of the Hearts team that won the Scottish Cup in what was one of our greatest victories of my lifetime.

Our club song cites our contribution to the Hampden roar.

We have supplied many players who have served with distinction for Scotland, you rightly feel that perhaps we should have supplied more. Thing is even the Huns and the other lot feel that Scotland are against them and that they are not fairly represented when squads are chosen... this inevitably leads to them chosing to not support their country of birth.

I just think it is sad that you are unable to get behind your adopted country's football team when it is the team of the country that gives you and any other immigrants such a good standard of living. It seems a little ungratefull to me.

There is an obvious anti-Hearts sentiment displayed by the SFA, we see it on a weekly basis. The people who run football in this country are an absolute joke to boot.

How players like Graham Alexander can get into the Scotland squad, but Lee Wallace cannot beggars belief.

Also, going back to that infamous Lithuania game at Hampden. There was a very large section of the crowd booing the Lithuanian national anthem that day. Why was that? Had Lithuania done something in particular to annoy the TA? Or was it simply a case of these idiots buying into the idea that they were killing Scottish football? Mikogate was an absolute disgrace as well.

These are just a few reasons why I don't get behind Scotland.

Whether or not I live here is ireespective of whether or not I have to get behind it's national team. There are a lot of students from Northern Ireland based in Edinburgh at the moment, should they start supporting Scotland?

Scotland are a rival Home Nation, I don't see why disliking them is such a big deal. Do you cry to fans of Dunfermline or Livingston if they tell you they dislike Hearts?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm just annoyed that I had to click on a link to the official site. I avoid it until Saturdays when I have to go there to get the commentary!

Guest Bilel Mohsni
There is an obvious anti-Hearts sentiment displayed by the SFA, we see it on a weekly basis. The people who run football in this country are an absolute joke to boot.

How players like Graham Alexander can get into the Scotland squad, but Lee Wallace cannot beggars belief.

Also, going back to that infamous Lithuania game at Hampden. There was a very large section of the crowd booing the Lithuanian national anthem that day. Why was that? Had Lithuania done something in particular to annoy the TA? Or was it simply a case of these idiots buying into the idea that they were killing Scottish football? Mikogate was an absolute disgrace as well.

These are just a few reasons why I don't get behind Scotland.

Whether or not I live here is ireespective of whether or not I have to get behind it's national team. There are a lot of students from Northern Ireland based in Edinburgh at the moment, should they start supporting Scotland?

Scotland are a rival Home Nation, I don't see why disliking them is such a big deal. Do you cry to fans of Dunfermline or Livingston if they tell you they dislike Hearts?

There is ill-feeling towards Hearts from every corner of Scotland just now, thanks to the easily led sheep of other supports who did not realise that all the negative press thrown our way by the media was in direct response to us having the audacity to speak out against the OF bias that exists in our league and to break their duopoly... be it only for a season.

Jeeeeeeeezuuuuuuusssssssssss.... With the Miko thing already... He was no more a cheat than Maloney on New Year's day or that other cheat from your home country... Laugharty or something. You do not have to agree with everything your fellow supporters do, you know? I mean I was apalled by miko's dive but equally if not more so by the ridiculous witch hunt that ensued... i did not agree with the booing of him or lithuania... On the flip side of this however i do not agree with the anti Catholic, Asian, Jewish and irish songs that a few Hearts fans sing. i am not about to stop supporting my football team though because I don't like a certain element of my fellow fans.

You and many other immigrants come here year after year, seeking a better life and often an escape from battle torn countries and poverty. When people emigrate here, I like you (apparently) want to see them made welcome, whether they are from Pakistan, Northern ireland or Poland but I do not think we should put their/your home nations first when it comes to making leisure wear associated with our club. Perhaps they/you can be an afterthought... That would be a nice jesture, but as Scotland is our club's home then it should be recognised as such, first and foremost.

We have been treated badly by the SFA but as I see it, Hearts have played a big part in the Scottish Football team's history and so if you weigh it up, I would rather honour our heritage and celebrate our part in it while doing my best to make immigrants like you welcome. For example I would never sing songs about you and your kin folk, just like I would not about any other nation of people.

Still hope N.Ireland get humped though after your wee tantrum.

Archived