"For Club and Country"

Commander Harris

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to Hearts doing similar to cater for the fans who hail from Northern Ireland and England.

Bizarre concept.

The badges on each breast are shocking...

That said, I quite like the maroon and white halves so why not introduce it as a thrid strip or perhaps one to remember the next time away tops are being discussed?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I look forward to Hearts doing similar to cater for the fans who hail from Northern Ireland and England.

Hearts are not Northern Irish or English though.

I think the reasoning is sound, but agree the top is maybe not everyones cup of tea ?

Maybe the Scotland side should have been the usual blue ( with perhaps an embossed design ) ?

However we'd need a 10 page thread to discuss the colour scheme that everyone likes and it will be Euro 2012 by the time that's done and dusted !

Looks like something you'd maybe see in Gold Bros or one of the other "Tartan Tat" shops up the bridges. A shocking effort at a ridiculous price. Pi$$ Poor effort.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'm getting one. Why I have no idea.:hat2:

Are you HONESTLY going to pay 35 quid for that piece of sh*t?!

I quite like to collect tops but there is no way I'd pay that much for a pointless garment. Wait till it's on sale because one thing is for sure, that will never sell out!!

?35 and its not even made by umbro? What a piece of total junk. The fact that they've written "Hearts" and "Scotland" above the crests shows how stupid the club thinks its fans are, stupid enough not to know what the crests mean and stupid enough to spend ?35 quid on something that will cost barely 35p to manufacture. I'd genuinely be surprised if they sold one.

Looks like something you'd maybe see in Gold Bros or one of the other "Tartan Tat" shops up the bridges. A shocking effort at a ridiculous price. Pi$$ Poor effort.

:Agree:

I get the impression that its Hearts desperately trying to show everyone how Scottish we are after all the Heart of Midlithuania pish and failing miserably.

Terrible.

Rankgers already do that for you!! Hearts are a Scottish Team, You want NI or England strips Follow the S C U M from the West...Anyway, that is Freakin AWFUL. :nah:

At least HMFC are showing some pride to be from Scotland unlike some of their rather messed up in the heid supporters.

Rank strip mind you.

jamboinglasgow
I bet you two collect snowglobes in an entirely non-ironic sense.

you may not like this but I think its no bad, dont think I will buy it but i think people are being too harsh on it.

you may not like this but I think its no bad, dont think I will buy it but i think people are being too harsh on it.

I like the half maroon/white design.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not adverse to the concept right enough, but... The two badges thing looks a bit honkin'. Hope it sells though and brings in a healthy wee profit to the club. Can't see me forking out that much for something so gaudy but maybe the young uns will like it?

Once again though we are supposed to feel embarassed about being Scottish from a few sections of the forum... Get over it, our club was established here and not in N.Ireland or England... Thank firk for that aswell.

Anyway if you want an English or N.Irish one then just get a Hun top... They tend to be as closely based on England tops as is possible without actually displaying three lions.

I would rather have my family and loved ones murdered in front of me than look at that strip again.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think that is probably because of political stupidity, rather than artistic appreciation though...

Although I look forward to one being produced for our our French Polonesian fans right enough! :hang:

I love both Hearts and Scotland, deeply.

This top though is rank, wonder if the ones who made that also made Hearts strips this year. I'd be having a word with those little chinese kids tbh.

Just ignore him

Why? He's correct. Moving away from any sort of **** debate, we don't play in the Northern Irish or English Leagues, so Hearts as a club has feck all to do with them.

If one so desperately craves a shoddy half and half amalgamation of two strips - neither actually being an accurate representation of the team's actual attire - I daresay one could do better oneself after a trip to remnant kings and a crash course in needlecraft.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I love both Hearts and Scotland, deeply.

This top though is rank, wonder if the ones who made that also made Hearts strips this year. I'd be having a word with those little chinese kids tbh.

Tsk... How very un-Hearts, supporting the country of your birth! Hang your head in shame, you are not a true fan!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was maroon on the left side and made the Hearts crest bigger.

Still at ?34.99 your having a laugh! I would say maybe ?15-20 is a more attractive price but even then I wouldn't buy it.

jamboinglasgow
Not adverse to the concept right enough, but... The two badges thing looks a bit honkin'. Hope it sells though and brings in a healthy wee profit to the club. Can't see me forking out that much for something so gaudy but maybe the young uns will like it?

Once again though we are supposed to feel embarassed about being Scottish from a few sections of the forum... Get over it, our club was established here and not in N.Ireland or England... Thank firk for that aswell.

Anyway if you want an English or N.Irish one then just get a Hun top... They tend to be as closely based on England tops as is possible without actually displaying three lions.

I agree what you say about how some of the fans on the board seem to hate Scotland (at least the football team.) I know a lot of people hate the SFA and treat the national team as Glasgow, I do as well, but I also want Scotland to do well whatever and have done all my life.

and just for Acey

0,,10289~7062550,00.jpg

(Evil Laugh)

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I agree what you say about how some of the fans on the board seem to hate Scotland (at least the football team.) I know a lot of people hate the SFA and treat the national team as Glasgow, I do as well, but I also want Scotland to do well whatever and have done all my life.

It would be funny if it was not so depressing... Some folk seem to think it makes them seem all interesting and political... It doesn't though really does it? I mean most sensible people regardless of their opinions on the GFA, realise that Scotland and Hearts have been intrinsicaly linked from the start and all this more recent, Rule Britania bore is something that will come and go... Unlike the facts about where we were set up and established. For god's sake what is wrong with having some national pride? Having seen much of England... You can keep it thanks, Edinburgh is a fine city with a rich history as Scotland's capital (In modern times anyway- No desire to be told that Perth was once the capital).

Strange how a silly wee top can be turned into a political debate on here when not once has one of the so called UJ Brigade made any political arguments/points about the top.

It's minging and the twin badges make it look like it was designed by Jordan's kid.

Archived