Vatican Flags in Dinamo End/ BBB Nutcases!

S.N.T.H.

Glad we beat Dinamo tonight, and thought their supporters were absolute nutjob headcases. We clapped them at the end in Section N, but what's with the Vatican Flags? Yes, i know Croatia is 95% RC, but there's no need for it.

That, coupled with the Celtic link, has made me vomit.

GIRUY Dinamo.

PS. That flair was an absolute belter!! Puts the 'Red Ultras' to shame!

GorgieRules1874

Totally agree mate the ****bags with the Vatican Flags ruined it and crossing us Hearts fans made me sick. And also the celtic flag in their end aswell. Only thing that was missing was the IRA songs. 99% Of the Zagreb fans were superb, talked to a few before the match and they said they loved Edinburgh and were asking why so many people dressed up (meaning the festival up town).

The bit i loved the most was when they all turned their backs and flares were sparked. The old bill didn't know who had done it :2thumbsup: Fought they were brillant apart from the few *****.

well done to those away fans. some great and hilarious antics going on :P shirts off was a good one. but yes, no need for vatican flags.

Malinga the Swinga

It wasn't that long ago that their boys were involved in a little bit of civil war, and by the looks of them, I think some of them would love the chance to carry on. Serious headcases, but they give their team great support. Wouldn't want to let them down too often, or think they might have a word.

Did love the flares though. Top entertainment.

just how they see the world

Eh?

Carrying a Vatican flag is how they 'see the world'?

Absolute nonsense, behave yourself.

Vatican flags are always present on our games... nothing to do with Hearts as a club. It's just part of our identity... you don't have to like it or understand it :)

I think that's the best away support we're likely to see at Tynecastle in the near future.

Absolutely tremendous

allystrachan

who cares really?.... they were quality. good voice and a great flare! what more can you ask from away fans on a euro night?

As usual we are somehow disgusted at a foreign team daring to come from a roman catholic country -- it is 2009 for god's sake -- some of you would have a war on in Ireland, the balkans and the rest of the world if you could, just to prove a point -- what is wrong with being Roman Catholic ?

We are on a Football board not a religious board -- log on there and spout your anti catholic rubbish.

Some of my best friends are Catholic -- am I supposed to not keep them as friends ?

Those idiots in our support who are still living in the 1690's can **** off as far as I am concerned.

Dagger Is Back
Glad we beat Dinamo tonight, and thought their supporters were absolute nutjob headcases. We clapped them at the end in Section N, but what's with the Vatican Flags? Yes, i know Croatia is 95% RC, but there's no need for it.

GIRUY Dinamo.

Sorry but I just don't get that! Clapped them? What the **** for? Clapped them for making that huge round the world trip to follow their team? Clapped them for making some noise?

Section N arse lickers! :10900:

Malinga the Swinga

Didn't notice the flags or Celtic tops to be honest. They certainly look and act aggressive, but if you have ever seen the Football factory programme with Danny Dyer (geezer or wat), you will see what they are like in on country. Also documentary about the start of Balkan war was partly caused by Dinamo Zagreb v Red Star Balgrade game, where Boban, the Dinamo captain and then Milan star, karate kicked cop who was hitting Zagreb fan.

They are mental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waz11ihnY8w

Eh?

Carrying a Vatican flag is how they 'see the world'?

Absolute nonsense, behave yourself.

Probably someone with strong catholic faith, just as the carrier of the Union Flag in Section N tonight is probably a staunch loyalist. Dont see the difference or the problem myself unless youve got strong feelings against one of those things ?? (The Vatican or Loyalism)

kingantti1874

To be honest, Vatican flags do not offend me in the slightest-frankly who cares! The IRA ****e from first leg is another story...regardless of the excuses or circumstances...that's pish..

jambo walesy

Fantastic fans, showed superb support for their team for the entire match.

They put Scottish travelling supports to shame tbh.

Getting worked up about nothing with the flag issue though imo.

Credit to the Zagreb fans they contributed to a great night.

Optimus Prime

GIRUY Dinamo.

I think you've just answered you own question.

How dare they attempt to wind Hearts fans up !

Rascals.

Next thing you know Hearts fans will be singing *** at Porkheed :nah:

Fair play to them, opposing banter and all that, personally I don't find the Vatican flag remotely offensive.

It's actually quite sad if you do ......... :qqb017:

Edit, thinking about it, they've obviously done their research, and it's a bit sad that that's how we're portrayed in the world.

Optimus Prime
As usual we are somehow disgusted at a foreign team daring to come from a roman catholic country -- it is 2009 for god's sake -- some of you would have a war on in Ireland, the balkans and the rest of the world if you could, just to prove a point -- what is wrong with being Roman Catholic ?

We are on a Football board not a religious board -- log on there and spout your anti catholic rubbish.

Some of my best friends are Catholic -- am I supposed to not keep them as friends ?

Those idiots in our support who are still living in the 1690's can **** off as far as I am concerned.

Well said that man.

NO ONE IS DISGUSTED AT A FOREIGN TEAM 'DARING TO COME FROM A ROMAN CATHOLIC COUNTRY'. What a load of ****e.

The Vatican flag has no place in a football ground; end of. They're from Croatia FFS, what is wrong with the Croatian flag? When we go abroad, we fly the Scottish flag and the Union Flag. Why? Because we're a Scottish club, and obviously a club from Great Britain.

Some Dinamo fans in Zagreb had Celtic tops on, they were the ones turning it into an issue; not Hearts fans. Jambos on here have talked of being called 'Protestant c****' etc. The Vatican flag is just to slam it in our faces, as they see us as a 'Protestant' club, which is obviously nonsense.

What on earth are you talking about not keeping Catholics as friends? You have lost the plot! The chip on your shoulder must weigh you down. Have a word with yourself.

Malinga the Swinga
We shud have took serbia flags!!!

Electric game!!

Honestly don't think that would have been a good idea!

The Baldmans Comb
How dare they attempt to wind Hearts fans up !

Rascals.

Next thing you know Hearts fans will be singing *** at Porkheed :nah:

Fair play to them, opposing banter and all that, personally I don't find the Vatican flag remotely offensive.

It's actually quite sad if you do ......... :qqb017:

Edit, thinking about it, they've obviously done their research, and it's a bit sad that that's how we're portrayed in the world.

They were fantastic fans though I think our fans were on top form tonight as well and the attendance was well up on prematch estimates and if only,if only the 1st leg had been closer.

It is very sad I agree as there are a tiny section of Hearts fans who really are stuck in a backward primitive timewarp.

Ibrahim Tall
NO ONE IS DISGUSTED AT A FOREIGN TEAM 'DARING TO COME FROM A ROMAN CATHOLIC COUNTRY'. What a load of ****e.

The Vatican flag has no place in a football ground; end of. They're from Croatia FFS, what is wrong with the Croatian flag? When we go abroad, we fly the Scottish flag and the Union Flag. Why? Because we're a Scottish club, and obviously a club from Great Britain.

Some Dinamo fans in Zagreb had Celtic tops on, they were the ones turning it into an issue; not Hearts fans. Jambos on here have talked of being called 'Protestant c****' etc. The Vatican flag is just to slam it in our faces, as they see us as a 'Protestant' club, which is obviously nonsense.

What on earth are you talking about not keeping Catholics as friends? You have lost the plot! The chip on your shoulder must weigh you down. Have a word with yourself.

They have Vatican flags at every game, it wasn't aimed at 'us'.

Why would Vatican flags offend Hearts fans? Our team has no religious affiliation that I am aware of, so how could a religious symbol offend?

Those who pretend to be offended are obviously of the persuasion that Hearts are Edinburgh's Orange team. Well, we're not. End of.

jambo walesy
We shud have took serbia flags!!!

Electric game!!

Thats a bit different from football banter.

Would have been a very dodgy idea imo.

Your the one that needs to have a word. You started the thread having an issue with the flag. Can you tell us precisely what the problem is with the flag

Before you get a row from the mods for starting a thread which is blatantly against the rules of the forum ?

Your ignorance of the history in the balkans is what is letting you down -- if you understood and had the knowledge to look at the history of the country in which Zagreb play you might just might gain an understanding of why they had such flags -- as you clearly do not then **** off -- this is a thread that was only posted so some of our 'unionist' boys could come on and claim how disgusting it was that someone deemed to have flags with which they did not agree -- I don't particularly care what flags are flown but obviously some do -- wonder why ?

germanysallstars
Vatican flags are always present on our games... nothing to do with Hearts as a club. It's just part of our identity... you don't have to like it or understand it :)

what was the reason to show the hearts fans a vatican flag?what has the vatican got in common with football or dinamo? i get a suspicion about the vatican.keep young kids away from the vatican thats for sure...oh well you did well over 2 legs but you wont go to far tho..but i hope rijeka do you lot proper in the league for the sake of my rijeka friend...:smiley2:

Why would Vatican flags offend Hearts fans? Our team has no religious affiliation that I am aware of, so how could a religious symbol offend?

Those who pretend to be offended are obviously of the persuasion that Hearts are Edinburgh's Orange team. Well, we're not. End of.

The Vatican flag has no place at the football ground.

Do the Spanish feel the need to waive the Vatican flag at the football? What about the Italians? No, they don't. The Croats done it because they believe Hearts to be Protestant.

This has nothing to do with the Orange Lodge, nor Protestantism. Religion has sod-all to do with football. End of.

The Vatican flag is just to slam it in our faces, as they see us as a 'Protestant' club, which is obviously nonsense.
We'd have that same flag even if we played against FC Vatican United. Which part of my sentence where i explained that the flag is always present you didn't understand?

Optimus Prime

We were representing Scotland tonight not Great Britain.

The Vatican is a independent sovereign state in the same way the United Kingdom is.

Chip on shoulders........pots and kettles.

BBB are a staunch catholic group. They display vatican flags at ALL their matches. Only in Scotland could a vatican city flag be found offensive. Shows how sad and back-dated this country really is.

Spot on!

BBB are a staunch catholic group. They display vatican flags at ALL their matches. Only in Scotland could a vatican city flag be found offensive. Shows how sad and back-dated this country really is.

Spot on.

Your the one that needs to have a word. You started the thread having an issue with the flag. Can you tell us precisely what the problem is with the flag

Before you get a row from the mods for starting a thread which is blatantly against the rules of the forum ?

Shock Horror, OAG starts quoting forum rules.

I have explained on numerous occasions now what the problem is with the flag. You have a burning desire to paint me in a bad light, as some sort of bigoted sectarian monster. Not the case, i'm afraid.

The Vatican Flag has no place at any football ground anywhere. I don't go to the football to have Catholicism rammed in my puss. Neither would i tolerate any other form of Christianity. Neither would i tolerate Judaism, or Islam being slammed in my face. No need for it at all.

Ryan Gosling

Great post.

Ibrahim Tall

Do the Spanish feel the need to waive the Vatican flag at the football? What about the Italians? No, they don't. The Croats done it because they believe Hearts to be Protestant.

This has nothing to do with the Orange Lodge, nor Protestantism. Religion has sod-all to do with football. End of.

It's **** all to do with that. They had Vatican flags v Spurs and every other team they've played. Are Spurs an apparent Protestant team aswell?

That anyone is actually offended by them bringing that flag is just showing how backward some sections of our support is as much as we try to deny it. They're not Celtic.

The Baldmans Comb

Time to stop digging mate you are just making yourself look thick and ridiculous.:10900:

Patrick Bateman

The flag is for the vatican city, which is technically a national one. Its funny how the only one who is offended is a union flag waver themselves. This thread is just cringeworthy.

We were representing Scotland tonight not Great Britain.

The Vatican is a independent sovereign state in the same way the United Kingdom is.

Chip on shoulders........pots and kettles.

Read my post again. Think you know fine well what i wrote.

I said we're a Scottish club.

I have explained on numerous occasions now what the problem is with the flag. You have a burning desire to paint me in a bad light, as some sort of bigoted sectarian monster. Not the case, i'm afraid.

The Vatican Flag has no place at any football ground anywhere. I don't go to the football to have Catholicism rammed in my puss. Neither would i tolerate any other form of Christianity. Neither would i tolerate Judaism, or Islam being slammed in my face. No need for it at all.

Think you did that yourself!

Your doing a fine job of painting yourself in a bad light light chummy. Its such a pity that your being allowed to paint our club in a bad light whilst your at it

Archived