Was is a Penalty?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Was is a Penalty?

• Yes
    • No

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold fish

ruben shoved by boughera when he looked set to head home - penalty to hearts

goal-machine shoved over by boughera - penalty to hearts.

Neither of these parts are true. However that doesnt change the fact that both were decent shouts for a penalty.

haha, i think goal machine might come good (more hope he does, really).

as for the shove on ruben, it is my true opinion that he looked like he was set to head the cross into the net. I'm allowed an opinion, right?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ade the Jambo

Watched the incident on V+ freeze frame when got home after the game. There was one view directly in line with the penalty area and you can see that Bouzid's foot was at it's highest (ie the only time that it might have brushed against Naismith's shirt) two frames before the players reached the box. So definitely no penalty.

As to the cost of video technology - all you need is a telly with an HD recorder! However as this might suggest that GFA referees are fallible, it will never happen.

football crazy
The linesman was right in line with the incident and he didn't even flag for a free kick.Bouzid was still stupid to dive in like that.

You know alot about linesmans duties so please explain! you a ref?

I was thinking after the game about the NFL and Tennis and how they have video checking or hawkeye.

I can't think of a single reason against utilising this technology. Keeping the human aspect of officiating? What good is that when the officials get things wrong?

The sooner this kind of technology is brought in the better.

On another day both teams would have had a couple of penalties

We cant complain a huge amount, I think the sending off was soft, which was the only reason we got into the lead in the first place.

However, Bouzid has now been done in exactly the same way twice in two games - thats the concern for me.

On another day both teams would have had a couple of penalties

true. the day hell freezes over. :stuart:

100% agree, and I've been on about goalline technology for many years now. But it'll probably take decades to employ it for other decisions too. The penalty earlier happened at high speed, and the ref had a split second to decide. It's a ****ing difficult job: far, far tougher than most appreciate.

Sorry Shaun but I`ve got to disagree with you , highlighted part says that both Rangers & Celtic will definitely rule that this never comes to pass, as it would show them both along with the officials as being as corrupt as hell.

Archived