Was is a Penalty?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Was is a Penalty?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The offence happened just outside the box, their player flung himself as far inside the box as possible. Would it have been given to us i doubt it.

Toxteth O'Grady
Yup - Witteveen was definitely barged by Bougherra.

Correct, a stonewaller at the Gorgie end

touch and go, but just outside area for me - and went down far too easily. stupid, unnecessary tackle though.

peebles jambo

if it had been for hearts, no way would he have given it, same old same old, one law for us, different law for the ugly sisters

JennytheJambo
if it had been for hearts, no way would he have given it, same old same old, one law for us, different law for the ugly sisters

The usual old story.

foul by boyd for the ball to get through - so no

barely a foul - so no

outside the box - so no

against rangers - yup

Do The Dance

Wish you'd made this a public vote, maybe help ship out some of the hidden hibs fans on here..

It wasn't a penalty, as the foul was shown to be outside the box. Stupid error by Bouzid though.

My dad, who was watching Sky, said it was inside the box. I was at the other end of the ground, but I thought it was a penalty too.

maroonedinoz
touch and go, but just outside area for me - and went down far too easily. stupid, unnecessary tackle though.

wot he said.

Definitel penalty at the other end though.

Palazelous was pushed off the ball when he went for a cross at the Gorgie road end.

Scottish Referees are quite simply corrupt.

The SPL recently released a statement saying they need the title to go to the wire this season for income reasons to keep attracting television money.

Referees will have to make sure Rangers and Celtic stay close to each other all season and the rest of the SPl will suffer from corrupt decisions.

Scottish referees are corrupt!!

also at wrong end for me to see, but i could see it coming. Nade shoulder charge - booked. Whole flippin rangers team pushin, shovin and even a clear punch, play on. Fould at edge of box - penalty rangers:realmad:

Johanes de Silentio

Outside the box, so no.

Bougherra's barge on Pittenweem - of the stonewall variety.

I wish chronic piles on on all Rangers players/fans/refs.

1st Impression was free kick outside the box, seen the replay and still think it was outside the box. The ref couldnae wait to point to the spot and where was the linesman? He SHOULD have seen it was just a free kick(if he was up with the play)

Just back and not seen it again but for me Boyd fouled before the penalty incident.

exactly how much of jose's shirt did he need to pull for the ref to see it

anyone able to put up a vid of the tackle at the end for the pen.

would like to see what the deal was, esp as i thought there was a foul right before.

the penalty that was (pre arranged) given...

outside the box.

a complete collapse from the knees from the player (can't even bring myself to name him because he's a slimy cheating ****).

ref gives it.

Was it just me who thought one of the Rangers defenders (Bougherra?) blatantly armed the ball away from Witeveen in the box in the second half? He knew he was the right side of the ref and linesman for them not to see it. Witeveen seemed to be claiming for it, too.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
anyone able to put up a vid of the tackle at the end for the pen.

would like to see what the deal was, esp as i thought there was a foul right before.

Vid of the Pen? Not as good as Stig of the Dump.

willie wallace

The linesman was right in line with the incident and he didn't even flag for a free kick.Bouzid was still stupid to dive in like that.

outside the box.

a complete collapse from the knees from the player (can't even bring myself to name him because he's a slimy cheating ****).

ref gives it.

Maybe that is why Boyd came on, they knew it was coming!!

:10900:

Maybe that is why Boyd came on, they knew it was coming!!

:10900:

that's why it's so sickening.

they bring on the penalty taker in chief.... very strange to me that they only give him 2 mins.

looky looky... they get a pen.

who can say with all honesty that smith didn't bring on boyd in case they got a pen?

It was outside the box so NO

But the ref had to even things up as he didn't want the wrath of Walter for sending Thomson off:hang:

heartsfc_fan

Outside the box. No pen.

Also surprised Bouzid wasn't booked (or even sent off!) Last man. Another error by the ref.

It was a stupid challenge to make. No point in worrying about it now though. Bring on the Saints!

well blow me, Rangers got a penatly that never was!

Failry conclusive I would say, case closed, step forward GFA.........

Either way, it makes people screaming "CORRUPTION" look pretty stupid.

never mind corruption. it's just a case of cheating.

naismith knew he was going down no matter what. he did go down very very easily.

lo-and-behold rangers get the 'luck' of getting a penalty when it quite simply wasn't.

shaun.lawson
Either way, it makes people screaming "CORRUPTION" look pretty stupid.

Yes, it does. Did the ref get the benefit of a freeze frame, or was he watching it at normal speed? At normal speed, as soon as the incident occurred, my instinct was to look at the ref in panic.

By the way, I can't remember who it was (Goncalves maybe?), but I'm sure there was an accidental handball in our box at one point. And I hope the stonewaller people are on about wasn't Witteveen going down after next to nothing, which would've been an unbelievably soft award. Plus the ref correctly sent Thomson off for a foul many wouldn't have dismissed him for.

Corruption, my arse.

I think it's patently clear to anyone who has, you know, eyes, that it was outside the box. But it's happened before, and it'll happen again. No amount of moaning and bitching will make any difference now.

Save that for when "things even themselves out" by Celtic being given one against us too.

:laugh:

BobbyJenkins

How we didnt get a penalty for Bougherra barging Witt in teh back Ill never know. Their first goal also came from a free kcik that never was. The ref gave them most 50/50s in the second half.

Utterly disgusting.

outside the box.

ref gives it.

does anyone else think it's funny how boyd came on seconds before the penalty was given? and how often do we read this:

goal rangers - boyd (90, pen)

ffs, what a joke.

i'll post a vid of incident if i can find one. in the meantime, it's being rerun over and over on skysports news (which you can get online all over the place if you don't already have it).

Archived