'Lifelong Jambo' Sues Club Over Tumble

Sherlock

I might be running the risk of a Peebles thread here but what's this guy's story?

A HEARTS fan once banned from Tynecastle has launched a legal action against his beloved team ? after slipping on the stadium steps.

Steven Colquhoun, who says he is a lifelong Jambo, claims the was unable to drive his taxi for nine weeks after the fall during a 1-1 draw with Dunfermline in 2006.

The 46-year-old from Wester Hailes has now launched the action to recover undisclosed lost earnings from the club at the Court of Session.

But while a fan suing their favourite football team may raise eyebrows, the legal action is far from the first time Mr Colquhoun has courted controversy. He was once caught on TV cameras allegedly fighting with another fan before a club AGM in 2007 and was later temporarily banned from the club's stadium, training ground and shop.

Mr Colquhoun told the Evening News he had slipped on steps at the stadium after diesel from a faulty generator mixed with rainwater, caused him to fall awkwardly.

He claims stewards at the ground ignored his warnings that the spillage would need to be cleaned up and then failed to come to his aid.

He said: "It was kind of wet that day and when I started walking down the steps I fell. I was lying there for 20 minutes before anyone came to get me."

The former taxi driver said the experience, along with owner Vladimir Romanov's running of the club, had put him off supporting the team in future.

"I don't feel anything for Hearts now," he added. "I'm on painkillers most of the time (after the fall] and there's no way I'm going back to Tynecastle."

A spokeswoman for the Court of Session confirmed that a procedural hearing relating to a personal injury claim had been due to take place this week but was put off.

The case is expected to call again in the coming weeks...

A spokesman for Hearts declined to comment on the case involving Mr Colquhoun.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOD EDIT

A bit of an oddball by all accounts.

I also believe that the boy who banjo'd him after the AGM is a fairly prominent poster on here.

There was once a boy called Steven Colquhoun who posted on here many years ago by the name of Wilyboo. He worked in the SoH shop.

Remember one night his house was raided early in the morning with his whole family asleep over some DVD issue or something.

There was once a boy called Steven Colquhoun who posted on here many years ago by the name of Wilyboo. He worked in the SoH shop.

Remember one night his house was raided early in the morning with his whole family asleep over some DVD issue or something.

Thats what I thought, that's Wilyboo.

[quote=Le Chat;1163314

I also believe that the boy who banjo'd him after the AGM is a fairly prominent poster on here.

Hearts should just let the aforementioned poster deal with Wilyboo - case closed.

...I also believe that the boy who banjo'd him after the AGM is a fairly prominent poster on here.

Can you give any clues as to the banjo'er?

i would shake that boys hand !

By all accounts the boy just sounds like a bit of a ****bag !

Rabbie_Burns

Lifelong Jambo !?!?

"I don't feel anything for Hearts now," he added. "I'm on painkillers most of the time (after the fall] and there's no way I'm going back to Tynecastle."

Oh well at lease something to thank Mr Romanov for I suppose...

Lifelong Jambo !?!?

Oh well at lease something to thank Mr Romanov for I suppose...

VLADAMIR ROMANOV, VLADAMIR ROMANOV.....

ToadKiller Dog

So a guy who just happens to warn the stewards about the spill later finds himself slipping on the same spill and left for 20 minutes with no help from stewards or other fans in a packed stadium .

Ok i believe him.

Noticed once again the Evening Hobo at the end of the story gets its dig in at our club ,the sooner that paper either goes bust or is bought over by more sensible owners the better .

He's hardly a lifelong jambo if he doesn't have any interest in the club ( apart from getting money from their insurers ) any more. :cool_shades:

Nasty piece of work that man is. Forever trying to get others banned from Tynie, turns out he is the one who is not welcome!

I'm glad of this story as more folk will realise what this rhat is all about.

Also noised up the Boysinmaroon forum and after being banned he set up his own forum- talkothetoun aka 'the morgue'

loveofthegame

Sounds like an arse trying to make a quick buck out of whatever he can- 'I was lying there for 20minutes'

The guy sounds like he's off his head- are we really meant to believe he lay there for 20mins at a near full Tynie before ANYONE (fans, steward, police) came to his help.

FFS we've all slipped on the steps at a football game. Guy sounds like a fandan, hope his case is thrown out at first opportunity.

Guest GhostHunter

The case hasn't been called yet, and any indiscretions that may or may not have transpired in the past, unless there is documented evidence, must NOT be posted here.

This is a warning, please be mindful over what you post in this thread.

To reiterate forum rules...

Although the administrators and moderators of Jambos Kickback will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Jambos Kickback, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Jambos Kickback reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What a stroker.

Thing is, why would you spend time working for SOH then go and ****ing sue the club for falling over?!

He's a right odd looking chap as well. (sue me for that ya bass :D)

"Yes, I am a lifelong jambo. Excpet for the past 3 years, I've not given a **** about them since 2006."

"Yes, I am a lifelong jambo. Excpet for the past 3 years, I've not given a **** about them since 2006."

'and i ate all the pies'

Son Of Anarchy

Used to see willyboo all the time but not for ages now.heard some weird stories bout the guy so this all makes sense.No loss in my mind.

Stewart MacD

I imagine the complainant'll be left unattended for longer than 20 minutes the next time he "slips and falls" without taking due care and attention. Diddums.

On Bebo he set up a Talk of the Toun page then changed it to his own name and has 430 friends http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3246676332 (not sure if private). He's an attention seeker.

Don't really use Bebo but will be removing him anyway. Oh and it says this on there "Hi mad mental Jambos and friends! 2009 is here and hopefully it will be a new and fruitfull year for everyone. Hearts are doing not Too badly but we should be doing better". Hmmmmm.

portobellojambo1

He started walking down the stairs and slipped on a spillage which he had apparently already explained to stewards he thought was dangerous. If he knew it was fecking dangerous then why did he choose to walk down the stairs.

He doesn't sound like the brightest spark on the planet.

I could never sue Heart of Midlothian..even if I fell right down the stairs on exit..I wear stupid shoes i fall over from time to time. :10900:

How can he be a lifelong jambo if he feels nothing for the club now?

Is that not a contradiction?

He started walking down the stairs and slipped on a spillage which he had apparently already explained to stewards he thought was dangerous. If he knew it was fecking dangerous then why did he choose to walk down the stairs.

He doesn't sound like the brightest spark on the planet.

I was thinking the same thing.

If you identify something as being hazardous, suuuuurely you'd be a bit more careful than normal around aforementioned 'hazard'.

Unless of course you were on the hunt for a bit of compo that is...........

he comes into my shop 2-3 times a week ,he still sells hearts stuff on e-bay....and it seems like he`s still interested in the club as he talks about us all the time.

from what he told me hearts dont want his custom or anything to do with him,and havnt for a long time

he comes into my shop 2-3 times a week ,he still sells hearts stuff on e-bay....and it seems like he`s still interested in the club as he talks about us all the time.

from what he told me hearts dont want his custom or anything to do with him,and havnt for a long time

good on them!

Nasty piece of work that man is. Forever trying to get others banned from Tynie, turns out he is the one who is not welcome!

I'm glad of this story as more folk will realise what this rhat is all about.

Also noised up the Boysinmaroon forum and after being banned he set up his own forum- talkothetoun aka 'the morgue'

Indeed.

Ray Winstone

"He claims stewards at the ground ignored his warnings that the spillage would need to be cleaned up and then failed to come to his aid."

So he knew it was there and still walked through it?

On Bebo he set up a Talk of the Toun page then changed it to his own name and has 430 friends http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3246676332 (not sure if private). He's an attention seeker.

Don't really use Bebo but will be removing him anyway. Oh and it says this on there "Hi mad mental Jambos and friends! 2009 is here and hopefully it will be a new and fruitfull year for everyone. Hearts are doing not Too badly but we should be doing better". Hmmmmm.

i was friends wi him on bebo too until i deleted my page, and i was considering buying some of his gear from ebay (signed photo, share certificate etc) thank **** i didnt bother sounds like a right bawbag

You should contact the club and offer to appear as a witness.

Apart from that it is a funny story.

What did it say on his flag? These stairs are slippy.

• Moderators
The case hasn't been called yet, and any indiscretions that may or may not have transpired in the past, unless there is documented evidence, must NOT be posted here.

This is a warning, please be mindful over what you post in this thread.

To reiterate forum rules..

Quote:

Although the administrators and moderators of Jambos Kickback will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Jambos Kickback, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Jambos Kickback reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I've cleaned this thread up a bit so please follow the rules and don't post anything potentially defamatory regarding previous alleged incidents or indeed this case.

Thanks

M3

Archived