Vegetables!!!

Victorian

VEGETABLES

what's everyones favourites and ones that make you yak up?

i'll pretty much eat any vegetation going.

Say What Again

Can't think of a vegetable I won't eat.

If I had to pick a favourite though I'll go for cabbage.

blondejamtart

I'll eat pretty much any vegetables - with one exception, celery! Cannot stand the stuff in any form, raw or cooked. :Icky:

i'll eat pretty much any of them with the exception of sweetcorn.

Something that looks the same on the way out as it did on the way in is not right.

Carrots are rank. I used to like peppers but saw and tasted them coming back up after a heavy night out once and went totally off them. Not a lover of onions or lettuce either.

Pretty much everything else is cool in my book.

Carrots are rank. I used to like peppers but saw and tasted them coming back up after a heavy night out once and went totally off them. Not a lover of onions or lettuce either.

Pretty much everything else is cool in my book.

Red onions FTMFW. They're amazing on anything!

Chad Sexington
I'll eat pretty much any vegetables - with one exception, celery! Cannot stand the stuff in any form, raw or cooked. :Icky:

Good call.

Absolutely disgusting.

As is beetroot. :lipsrsealed2:

Say What Again
Good call.

Absolutely disgusting.

True. I'd better add those as an amendment to my first post. I'm not a big fan of either celery or beetroot. I'll eat them but would rather not.

Forgot to add celery and peas. Rank.

I remember once in first year at Uni I was experimenting with cooking and trying to make my own stuff. So I would buy a ****load of vegetables and some meat etc and throw it all in a frying pan or whatever.

I once made a concoction of mince with peppers, celery, mushrooms and onions. Utterly vile.

Broccoli, cauliflower, beetroot, parsnips and peppers are horrible.

Sauerkraut, tatties, peas, sweetcorn, courgettes, spinich, lentils & chickpeas are fine with me.

Nelly Terraces

I'll east pretty much any veg (apart from hobo), but then i'll eat pretty much anything - got a good appetite with all my running. Food rules in general really.

Roast parsnip, raw celery, sweet potato - all minging.

The rest - fine.

Peas straight from the pod - dug's baws.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

VEGETABLES

what's everyone's favourites and ones that make you yak up?

I'll pretty much eat any vegetation going.

After yours have been liquidised I'm sure they all taste the same.

Sprouts & cauliflower for me but raw meat is my chosen munch.

nice to see so many others embracing the fruits of mother earth. this will come in handy after the coming apocalypse when humans must once again survive from nature's larder.... the living earth.

Say What Again

Just had aubergine, peppers, mushroom and potato moussaka with boiled spuds and courgettes.

Mmmmm

Already had 1/4 melon, a banana and 2 plums. That should be me 5-a-day taken care off so I can now happily offset it with 15 Guinness watching the games tonight.

Just had aubergine, peppers, mushroom and potato moussaka with boiled spuds and courgettes.

Mmmmm

Already had 1/4 melon, a banana and 2 plums. That should be me 5-a-day taken care off so I can now happily offset it with 15 Guinness watching the games tonight.

:21:

chester copperpot

I hate all veggies, the wheelchairs get stuck in ma teeth.

Actually love veggies, all except Celery, horrible tasting feckers. It would be the only food source in nature that consumes more calories eating it than the content costs you.

Special mention to Onions, sprouts, potatoes and mushrooms. Lovely.

same love all veg, but even touching & smell of celery makes me feel ill

I pretty much like all vegetables apart from peppers. My favorite veggies are - spring onions, cabbage, cucumber.

I don't like mushrooms.

And I know tomato is a fruit, but it's minging as well.

I like pretty much anything else. Sweetcorn, carrots, red onion & cauliflower are my absolute favorites.

The People's Chimp
Good call.

Absolutely disgusting.

Poor shout.

I almost wish I could get pregnant so I could demand entire jars of beetroot to eat at random points in the evening.

Can't believe the calls against carrots either; the raw carrot is king! Sweetcorn, on the cob, plenty black pepper, is a winners dish.

The most vile and detestable of the vegetables is the pea. A more sickening little **** you will never meet. Mushrooms are also rank.

I struggle a bit with vegetables. I blame my working class Scottish upbringing.

Potatoes, carrots, turnip all great. Peas and sprouts evil.

Broccoli good. Parsnip good. Peppers acceptable apart from the green chaps. Lettuce is fine, tomatoes are tasteless with a horrible texture. Mushrooms are great.

And I'm allergic to raw onions.

Celery is the vilest,cruellest thing on the planet. If I was ever captured by the enemy they wouldn't need to pull out my fingernails or wire my two-veg to the mains....just feed me a sliver of celery and they'd be straight round to pick up my Mum and the radio in the hidey-hole.

New potatoes with butter on the other hand...ambrosia

Guest juvehearts

Mmmmm

so you ad a double serving of courgette's

and aubergine is the french saying of the british egg plant, i will have you know :hat2:

juve

so you ad a double serving of courgette's

and aubergine is the french saying of the british egg plant, i will have you know :hat2:

juve

I would argue that egg plant is the American way of saying aubergine.

I would argue that egg plant is the American way of saying aubergine.

...I agree with you on that - the poor wee souls have a pronunciation problem:hat2:

(Whereas I merely have a spelling problem, I think it should be "pronounciatian", but that's wrong, apparently...

It has been a fantastic season for field mushrooms.

Cold dry winter followed by a warm wet summer is perfect.

Fried mushrooms, mushroom soup, mushroom risotto etc all been great this year :10900:

I make a lot of soup and love experimenting with different veg combinations.

I like pretty much all veg except perhaps Courgettes but even then I'll eat them.

Particular favourites are: Parsnips, Beetroot and Sweetcorn.

The Mighty Thor

Cauliflower cheese is the shizzle. It's a meal all on it's own.

I'll pretty much eat any vegetables. I love indian food and the veg side dishes are awesome. Brinjal bhaji being a great example.

Archived