Wallace Mercer/Vladimir Romanov.

Jake LaMotta

Jake LaMotta
In what way was Mr Mercer eccentric?

Putting his house on the line so he could complete his takeover.

Calling press conferences every other day for things that didn't need press conferences.

I'd say things like that were deviating from the recognised practice or eccentric.

Guest jambomickey

Calling press conferences every other day for things that didn't need press conferences.

I'd say things like that were deviating from the recognised practice or eccentric.

just like vlad! remember when everything was rosey he was the games every week with his scarf, waving at the fans, going on a supporters bus etc, then he got all the shares and turned into a paranoid control freak.

The very same.

In that case, the posters who think that Mr Mercer bought that building from HMFC at a rock bottom price then sold the building back to the club at great profit are mistaken.

Mr Mercer did buy the building from the club.

It continued to be owned by a company set up by Mr Mercer until last year (possibly the year before) when it was bought by a Lithuanian company (not UBIG or UKIO but i can't remember the name).

Mr Mercer NEVER sold it back to the club for a profit.

Of course Wallace was eccentric! Many journalists would testify to that: Mercer would call a press conference, and it was like the ego had landed. It was all very endearing: he was a real character, just as in his better moments, Romanov is too.

speaking of which... the press conference called to unveil the signing of an international player... which turned out to be our own international player craig levein who had signed a new contract.

the original 'world cup players' chicanery. :)

You know Jake, or whoever you are, you post exactly like somebody who was been banned from the site in the past for trying to wind up the whole board.

I suppose with just over 40 posts in 2 days you could well be the same person.

I give you a week.

Mr Mercer may have given you 2 weeks

Mr Romanov would probably sack you straight away.

Puting his family home on the line to complete the takeover doesn't make him eccentric in my book.

Neither does lifting the profile of the club.

Everything Mr Mercer did was done with style, aplomb and panache with a large dollop of showmanship but i wouldn't call him eccentric. IMO.

Jake LaMotta
just like vlad! remember when everything was rosey he was the games every week with his scarf, waving at the fans, going on a supporters bus etc, then he got all the shares and turned into a paranoid control freak.

You're something else!

I heard a chant once at Rugby Park. Kickbacks for arseholes.

Your not doing much to quell that particular notion it has to be said.

Guest jambomickey
You know Jake, or whoever you are, you post exactly like somebody who was been banned from the site in the past for trying to wind up the whole board.

I give you a week.

wastiking the same myself.

Jake LaMotta

I give you a week.

Give that man a coconut.

See y'all later.

x

Guest jambomickey
You're something else!

I heard a chant once at Rugby Park. Kickbacks for arseholes.

Your not doing much to quell that particular notion it has to be said.

and neither are you! if you can't accept other peoples opinion then don't come on message boards..

Jake LaMotta
wastiking the same myself.

Course you were jm, course you were.

Till the next time............

:2thumbsup:

In that case, the posters who think that Mr Mercer bought that building from HMFC at a rock bottom price then sold the building back to the club at great profit are mistaken.

Mr Mercer did buy the building from the club.

It continued to be owned by a company set up by Mr Mercer until last year (possibly the year before) when it was bought by a Lithuanian company (not UBIG or UKIO but i can't remember the name).

Mr Mercer NEVER sold it back to the club for a profit.

Was it Blue Orchids?

i cant beleive all us jambos are getting all up tight about all this its history now . lets hope theres no hobos on looking at this come on guys were the big team in edinburgh if were going to shoot anybody down lets make it YOGI:rifle:

Guest jambomickey
Course you were jm, course you were.

Till the next time............

:2thumbsup:

see you next time.:2thumbsup:

Toxteth O'Grady

For as long as I can remember all the owners and most of the players (with a few exceptions) have only been in it for themselves.

The supporters are the only ones with the club at Heart

Most Clubs are the same

Footballers and Club owners are in the main, a bunch of selfish to$$ers

and neither are you! if you can't accept other peoples opinion then don't come on message boards..

I have no problem with people posting their opinion on here. When they post that exact same opinion thousands of times and have the exact same argument on many threads then it does start to get tiresome.

Really? I suspect Jim Cruickshank would beg to differ. And the board in charge back then almost killed this club: they would've done if it hadn't been for Mercer.

also willie bauld was asked to payr the match ball at his testimonial... disgrace

Its been a long time baby
i cant beleive all us jambos are getting all up tight about all this its history now . lets hope theres no hobos on looking at this come on guys were the big team in edinburgh if were going to shoot anybody down lets make it YOGI:rifle:

Come on guys?? Is that you Cliff??

Wallace Mercer put together a set up that left us as the biggest nearly team in history. Robinson won a cup on 20m of debt.

Don't let the facts get in the road of a good rumble though.

who was it Deek?

I cant remember the user name, but he posts in exactly the same style.

The Mods might remember and sort him out.

Nucky Thompson

You can't go banning people because someone thinks he's got a similar 'posting style' to a banned member:nah:

I cant remember the user name, but he posts in exactly the same style.

You can't go banning people because someone thinks he's got a similar 'posting style' to a banned member:nah:

Fascist behaviour IMO

The Real Maroonblood
For as long as I can remember all the owners and most of the players (with a few exceptions) have only been in it for themselves.

The supporters are the only ones with the club at Heart

Most Clubs are the same

Footballers and Club owners are in the main, a bunch of selfish to$$ers

You are not far of the mark with that post.

Konrad von Carstein

Did he not more or less confess to being an erce, I mean a wind up merchant, after being outed by Deek?

lost in leith
mercer left hearts in a healthy state boo, robinson left new stands and a training academy! if romanov left tommorow he'd leave a huge debt and many broken promises.

Selective memory JM. Robinson stated at an AGM that a portion of the SMG funding was "ring-fenced" for "our" Academy. Can't be bothered digging again after all these years, but I'm sure others will also remember being told that we would be part owners, not tenants.

The main reason Vlad is here is that we had a huge debt under Robinson, and were due to repay SMG over ?5m between March 2006 and September 2007. We didn't have that cash, which is what led to the Murrayfield proposal.

Archived