What credit crunch/Man United signings (NHC) (merged threads)

speedbump

Not being funny but how can you plastic fans gets so passionate about it?

Fair enough liking another team but to kid on you support them is a bit odd. How many Man Utd/Liverpool games have you been to in the past 2 years, seriously?

Would you cry if they got relegated? Would you cry if they win the league? Do you seriously celebrate when they win something?

Thats the way I see it to.

Man Utd to make ?10m after transfer listing Fraser Campbell, Danny Simpson and Darren Gibson.

Bet Rangers are jealous that they need to flog their 3 best first team players to get that kind of cash.

Man Utd to make ?10m after transfer listing Fraser Campbell, Danny Simpson and Darren Gibson.

Bet Rangers are jealous that they need to flog their 3 best first team players to get that kind of cash.

Rangers??? what about us?:rifle:

The first team I ever supported was Manchester United.

How many Man Utd/Liverpool games have you been to in the past 2 years, seriously?

Three.

But if you want to include the last 5 years, roughly 20 or so.

Would you cry if they got relegated?

Doubtful, I probably wouldn't cry if Hearts got relegated.

Would you cry if they win the league?

No, but I wouldn't cry if I saw Hearts win the league either.

Do you seriously celebrate when they win something?

Yes, why wouldn't I?

BigPapaHeader
Can you underline my total disinterest of all things football in my post. If its not there I will duly accept your apology.:smiley2:

Also correct me if im wrong I dont see a "better fan than you" part in my post either.

So now you can toddle along and look for another victim to prey on,if they dare disagree with you:2thumbsup:

p.s. For Sale 1 high horse!

I assume you are for sale as well, seeing as you are still stuck firmly on top of it?

"Toddle along", "Sorry for being right again", "stick in at school" :2thumbsup:

Did you feel so good about yourself that you had to reply to my post twice?

I said I feel that you are trying to say that you are a better supporter. Just because people are discussing and showing interest in Manchester United and their finances during the "credit crunch" it somehow means that they are jumping on a bandwagon? I got the impression that anything outside of Hearts is unimportant to you since you are "solely a Hearts supporter" and "Couldnt really give a flyin f###" which seems to me like you are trying to single yourself out from the rest of the Hearts fans discussing the topic in this thread.

I admit I am reading between the lines here but that is the impression I got from you initial post and with the responses you gave me, I am still under that impression. :stuart:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The first team I ever supported was Manchester United.

Three.

But if you want to include the last 5 years, roughly 20 or so.

Doubtful, I probably wouldn't cry if Hearts got relegated.

No, but I wouldn't cry if I saw Hearts win the league either.

Yes, why wouldn't I?

So you're a part timer for the team you support (Manchester Utd), you go to most games for your second team (Hearts) and you're not very emotional.

Splendid.

So you're a part timer for the team you support (Manchester Utd), you go to most games for your second team (Hearts) and you're not very emotional.

Splendid.

Not the right weather for fishing.

Try again tomorrow.

I assume you are for sale as well, seeing as you are still stuck firmly on top of it?

I said I feel that you are trying to say that you are a better supporter. Just because people are discussing and showing interest in Manchester United and their finances during the "credit crunch" it somehow means that they are jumping on a bandwagon? I got the impression that anything outside of Hearts is unimportant to you since you are "solely a Hearts supporter" and "Couldnt really give a flyin f###" which seems to me like you are trying to single yourself out from the rest of the Hearts fans discussing the topic in this thread.

I admit I am reading between the lines here but that is the impression I got from you initial post and with the responses you gave me, I am still under that impression. :stuart:

You struggled through,but apology accepted:smiley2:

Your posts were,and still are full of presumptions..never presume anything as just like this occasion you will continue to struggle with responding to posts you looked a wee bit silly replying to:10900:

Oh...a wee bit of advice, dont play the "lets single out this poster" card with me,as it wont work.Try your best to come up with your own ideas instead of trying to gather support and backing from around you:2thumbsup:

p.s. do you require a spoon for the humble pie:10900:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Great signature BTW :10900:

BigPapaHeader
You struggled through,but apology accepted:smiley2:

Your posts were,and still are full of presumptions..never presume anything as just like this occasion you will continue to struggle with responding to posts you looked a wee bit silly replying to:10900:

Oh...a wee bit of advice, dont play the "lets single out this poster" card with me,as it wont work.Try your best to come up with your own ideas instead of trying to gather support and backing from around you:2thumbsup:

p.s. do you require a spoon for the humble pie:10900:

Very witty.

Thank you for your advice, I shall spread it amongst the imaginary legions around me that you presume I am trying to gather support and take ideas from.

In all seriousness, as I cannot really be bothered being involved in an internet argument (especially with a fellow Hearts fan), if you admit that it is possible to take interest in other teams on the planet (including Manchester United) without being a glory hunter or any less of a Hearts fan (which is the impression I got from your original post) then I will admit that I was wrong with my presumption of you. Although I wont be requiring a spoon for any humble pie as I still think you believe yourself to be superior to me because of the manner of your replies. :smiley2:

Very witty.

Thank you for your advice, I shall spread it amongst the imaginary legions around me that you presume I am trying to gather support and take ideas from.

In all seriousness, as I cannot really be bothered being involved in an internet argument (especially with a fellow Hearts fan), if you admit that it is possible to take interest in other teams on the planet (including Manchester United) without being a glory hunter or any less of a Hearts fan (which is the impression I got from your original post) then I will admit that I was wrong with my presumption of you. Although I wont be requiring a spoon for any humble pie as I still think you believe yourself to be superior to me because of the manner of your replies. :smiley2:

Always a pleasure:10900:

The Old Tolbooth
No.

76,000 all seater stadium, sold out for almost every match we play there. Take away 4,000 for away fans, that's 72,000.

Say 60,000 are season ticket holders, at ?25 a pop, United are making ?300,000 per home game on gates alone. Not including programme sales, sales at the superstore, food/drink purchased in the ground. It was reported United were making, on average, ?1,000,000 per home game. So that's ?19m a season for Premiership games, not including FA Cup, Champions League, Carling Cup games played at home. Overall, I'd estimate that United will make roughly ?30m a year on gate receipts and sales in and around the ground.

Season tickets range anywhere from ?400-?900 for Old Trafford. If we choose middle ground, and say the average season ticket price is ?650, times that by 60,000. There's ?39,000,000 made on season ticket sales per season.

Then there's the TV money, sponsorship money, prize money, Champions League revenue. United reportedly made ?70m from winning the Champions League and Premiership in 2008. Then we won the Premiership again. That'll be worth another ?20m or so.

So, when you look at it, I'm not worried at all.

So, that's your income, what about your over heads?

Also how much does it cost to service a debt that size per season?

Genuine questions mate, not fishing or anything.

The Old Tolbooth

Thanks for that Pringle, there's some staggering figures in there!

?256M turnover and yet ?44M losses, that's phenomenal!

Despite what many of you manure fans think, I would hate to see them go under because the league just wouldn't be the same without them, I like the rivalry between Liverpool and manure. :2thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

Fair enough liking another team but to kid on you support them is a bit odd. How many Man Utd/Liverpool games have you been to in the past 2 years, seriously?

Would you cry if they got relegated? Would you cry if they win the league? Do you seriously celebrate when they win something?

That's true but it works both ways. I don't understand how people can support two clubs either but I also don't understand how people can hate a club that isn't somehow involved with Hearts.

I hate Hibs, Celtic and Rangers.

Anyone else, meh.

Archived