Vlad: Third like champions

Magnoem

Mad Vlad did an interesting interview to a Lithuanian TV. The chat was about basketball club Žalgiris but of course Vlad ends up talking football nonetheless.

Full interview , I'll translate only some parts.

The chat goes about budgets being too big in basketball/sport/etc....

VR: When the management goes side by side in one direction you need ten times less. At Hearts our budget is 10 million pounds. They/it (not sure who's that, take a guess) cannot make it to top100 , but I feel I am stronger. They (more clearer now) start fooling themselves - we get three red cards, three penalties in a game. It's their problem because next season I will be stronger. In three years I refused foreigners sold what I could and have young players, but they can not beat my young players. We are third but if we are it's like being a champion for me.

- Why do you need Žalgiris (the basketball club)

- Good question. I don't buy Žalgiris in the market, not in auction. I make my capital higher and I know the money doesn't go in to air, but in to the club Secondly I have 20 year expierence in sport and I have to realise myself.

Sports players have to go somewhere. For example Lithuanians couldn't think of goin to UK four years ago. Now Velička plays in my opponents team and scored four goals in four games. I get only pleasure for this and plus the club gets money. I want all clubs to be on profit.

- You are a businessman, you invest time and money, do you think you can make profit?

- I already did. In Hearts I made 15 million pounds.

Dont get that 10mill budget part and the 15m profit hes made.

jamboinglasgow

curious little snippets from it, guess some gets lost in translation. Though i am a bit puzzled by this 15 million profit.

Mr Loverman
Mad Vlad did an interesting interview to a Lithuanian TV. The chat was about basketball club ?algiris but of course Vlad ends up talking football nonetheless.

Full interview , I'll translate only some parts.

The chat goes about budgets being too big in basketball/sport/etc....

VR: When the management goes side by side in one direction you need ten times less. At Hearts our budget is 10 million pounds. They/it (not sure who's that, take a guess) cannot make it to top100 , but I feel I am stronger. They (more clearer now) start fooling themselves - we get three red cards, three penalties in a game. It's their problem because next season I will be stronger. In three years I refused foreigners sold what I could and have young players, but they can not beat my young players. We are third but if we are it's like being a champion for me.

- Why do you need ?algiris (the basketball club)

- Good question. I don't buy ?algiris in the market, not in auction. I make my capital higher and I know the money doesn't go in to air, but in to the club Secondly I have 20 year expierence in sport and I have to realise myself.

Sports players have to go somewhere. For example Lithuanians couldn't think of goin to UK four years ago. Now Velička plays in my opponents team and scored four goals in four games. I get only pleasure for this and plus the club gets money. I want all clubs to be on profit.

- You are a businessman, you invest time and money, do you think you can make profit?

Gulp - batten down the hatches......

He's taking us for a ride, skimming money, laundering is rife, er, registration fees.......

Can't be arsed thinking of anymore. Mad Vlad GTF.

Right - no need for the usual moaning faced dicks to post now.

Cheers!

x

Charlie-Brown

Not 100% sure but I think ?15M is possibly/probably the profit on transfers for Skacel, Hartley, Gordon, Bednar & Berra ?

Mr Loverman
Not 100% sure but I think ?15M is possibly/probably the profit on transfers for Skacel, Hartley, Gordon, Bednar & Berra ?

You might be right - that will do me - close the thread!

portobellojambo1
Dont get that 10mill budget part and the 15m profit hes made.

I would imagine at this moment, in various households where persons are logged into JKB many of those people will be searching for the calculator function on their PC/laptops at this very moment.

This thread has huge potential to run for a while.

jamboinglasgow

that makes sense, as i say the problem is that a lot of this article will be lost in translation, what is exactly meant by profit.

Charlie-Brown

VR looks like he's auditioning for a part in the Lithuanian version of Soprano's in that photo........

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Right, so he is still a radge then.

That photo is mental.

Ray Winstone
?id=63334&s=3&f=4

Love his shades.

Its the front cover for the Lithuanian version of The Godfather.

Libertonian_II
We are third but if we are it's like being a champion for me.

Here's me thinking that he's thinking that 3rd wasn't good enough........

What is he actually doing in that picture.:stuart:

Fitting a new horseshoe on Klimek ?

The Old Tolbooth

I think Dougie McDonald is just out of the picture, underneath the hammer!

Charlie-Brown
Fitting a new horseshoe on Klimek ?

Nah he's terminating some contracts. :th_o:

portobellojambo1

I think he is giving Rodney a rudimentary explanation of how to manage a Bosnian aluminium plant, either that or he is just battering feck out of him.

LithuanianHearts

yes, in that interview Vlad is quoted as saying that he has already earned 15 million pounds at Hearts, most probably he's talking about how much he got selling players. You know, he likes to talk, just another bizzar interview.

bajthejambo
vladd.jpg

BADMOUTH ME TO THE PRESS WILL YA?!

That is some mighty fine work you've done!

About the ?15 million profit, I agree that it must be the Income from transfers.

Either that or he was punting Bednar the gear for 2 years!

As the eternal optimist, I wonder if he is suggesting that if he sold Hearts now the value would be more than it was when he bought it. I realise there is an enormous debt etc. but the realm of finance that these guys deal in is well over my head and they can make a loss seem like a gain. When I lose my minosc ule amounts they are definitely a loss.

Sydney from Sydney

You beauty Vlad. Can we have a few bob for new players ?

"Milo chortled proudly. "I don't buy eggs from Malta," he confessed... "I buy them in Sicily at one cent apiece and transfer them to Malta secretly at four and a half cents apiece in order to get the price of eggs up to seven cents when people come to Malta looking for them." ...

"Then you do make a profit for yourself," Yossarian declared. "Of course I do. But it all goes to the syndicate. And everybody has a share. Don't you understand? It's exactly what happens with those plum tomatoes I sell to Colonel Cathcart." "Buy," Yossarian corrected him. "You don't sell plum tomatoes to Colonel Cathcart and Colonel Korn. You buy plum tomatoes from them." "No, sell," Milo corrected Yossarian. "I distribute my plum tomatoes in markets all over Pianosa under an assumed name so that Colonel Cathcart and Colonel Korn can buy them up from me under their assumed names at four cents apiece and sell them back to me the next day at five cents apiece. They make a profit of one cent apiece, I make a profit of three and a half cents apiece, and everybody comes out ahead."

scott herbertson
"Milo chortled proudly. "I don't buy eggs from Malta," he confessed... "I buy them in Sicily at one cent apiece and transfer them to Malta secretly at four and a half cents apiece in order to get the price of eggs up to seven cents when people come to Malta looking for them." ...

"Then you do make a profit for yourself," Yossarian declared. "Of course I do. But it all goes to the syndicate. And everybody has a share. Don't you understand? It's exactly what happens with those plum tomatoes I sell to Colonel Cathcart." "Buy," Yossarian corrected him. "You don't sell plum tomatoes to Colonel Cathcart and Colonel Korn. You buy plum tomatoes from them." "No, sell," Milo corrected Yossarian. "I distribute my plum tomatoes in markets all over Pianosa under an assumed name so that Colonel Cathcart and Colonel Korn can buy them up from me under their assumed names at four cents apiece and sell them back to me the next day at five cents apiece. They make a profit of one cent apiece, I make a profit of three and a half cents apiece, and everybody comes out ahead."

Excellent - Is Csaba Major Major or Yosarrrian tho?

Excellent - Is Csaba Major Major or Yosarrrian tho?

good question but i've had too much quilmes to decide :)

Guest GhostHunter

The 15million pounds CLEARLY refers to the amount of weight Nade has put on then taken off in the space of a season.

jambogarry
He's taking us for a ride, skimming money, laundering is rife, er, registration fees.......

Can't be arsed thinking of anymore. Mad Vlad GTF.

Right - no need for the usual moaning faced dicks to post now.

Cheers!

x

yep one dick is enough.

Right so hearts ie vlad owes ukio ie vlad millions,hearts ie vlad pays ukio ie vlad interest on said millions, hearts ie vlad pays kaunas ie vlad registration fees. Ukio ie vlad writes off 12m of hearts ie vlad's debt, vlad ie vlad has made 15m. Ubig ie vlad owns all of these companies.

Good luck hmrc, you're going to need it cause I'm fekking lost!

Still there's always europe, big cups and hibsnet private members board subterfuge campaigns to keep us amused.

Was this not roughly the amount of money missing from our accounts? :hang::57:

Just imagine the fun we could all have if vlad could replace gordhun smith,seriously how brilliant would that be.

I know a lot of folk detest him but it is photos like that that make me love him.

Funny but the photo makes me want to grab the mallet and smash it off his face

Life's rich tapestry and all that

You beauty Vlad. Can we have a few bob for new players ?

he was just telling lies, cos the interview is in Lietuvos rytas Tv, and Lietuvos Rytas is the main rival of ZALGIRIS KAUNAS basketball team. Lietuvos rytas is biges newspaper in Lithuania , they also have their own Tv station and basketball club, so they are using their media to show VLAD as a fool. They are doing the same with every member of Zalgiris Kaunas. Its just like HEARS vs HIBS...just imagine that Hibs have their own biggest newspaper in Scotland.Situation would be the same. Those 2 teams always fight, players are figting during the game , staff are figthing , fans are fighting...so it is normal that journalist tried to show Vlad as a total looser.

http://www.15min.lt/gallery/show/Pries_BBL_finala___sirgaliu_susiremimai_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYZm2uJ2yI0

thats normal in the stands , so if they have their own tv , taht is normal on tv...

And one more thing...vlad isnt lithuanian, so sometimes what he says in lithuanian, isnt what he want to say. His lithuanian is poor

And one more thing...vlad isnt lithuanian, so sometimes what he says in lithuanian, isnt what he want to say. His lithuanian is poor

No no. If a player/member of staff is foreign at Hearts they are automatically Lithuanian.

Seriously though, thats an interesting point.

No no. If a player/member of staff is foreign at Hearts they are automatically Lithuanian.

Seriously though, thats an interesting point.

It is isn't it Cig? However, it's a point that seems to be ignored every time he says something in English by the JKB baying hoardes......

:wink:

It is isn't it Cig? However, it's a point that seems to be ignored every time he says something in English by the JKB baying hoardes......

:wink:

If he is speaking in a foreign language which he is crap at then it sheds a slightly different light on some of his nonsense. I could do the same in Germany and probably get the same reaction!

So in reality, he is being translated (initially by himself, then others) from Russian > Lithuanian > English.

Archived