"Celtic will win comfortably"....Mark Donaldson

Mr Sifter

On Talksport just now, Donkey expects us to get beaten "comfortably" due to us having already done what we had to.

He went on to talk about us being "there in body if not mind". Given that he is close to the players, what has he heard from them?

What message does this send to the support who are spending hard earned cash to go and follow the team?

As it happens, I think we'll hump the celts, we can go there with no pressure on our shoulders and just enjoy the game. So Donkey....yer wrong!!

maybe its reverse psychology, he claims that we will get thumped and the players read/hear this and put in some real fight

I agree with him

If Celtic need to win and we dont I dont think we'll get anything

I'd love to go and win but you aint going to get Celtic not scoring 2 games on the trot and I doubt we'll score 2.

Doesnt matter though in the scheme of things

I think it will be similar to when we went to Ibrox the other year having tied up second - we'll play oK, we'll lose 2-0 and it wont really matter.

It would be good to see Templeton at least get a good 30 minutes though - possibly even start

NewYorkJambo
I agree with him

I'd love to go and win but you aint going to get Celtic not scoring 2 games on the trot and I doubt we'll score 2.

I think it will be similar to when we went to Ibrox the other year having tied up second - we'll play oK, we'll lose 2-0 and it wont really matter.

It would be good to see Templeton at least get a good 30 minutes though - possibly even start

Agreed. I hope I'm wrong but can see it being two or three nil seeing we have nothing to play for and they do.

No pressure on us, they have everything to lose................I'm hoping we can turn them over.

What did Hibs have to play for in their last 2 games? yet they held both the OF.

No pressure on us, loads on them. Relaxed players often produce the goods.

What did Hibs have to play for in their last 2 games? yet they held both the OF.

Good point.:10900:

It would be rather amusing if Hearts sent the keeper up for a last minute corner and he found the net to deny them the title. Imagine the outcry! :laugh:

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, wouldn't want to see us trying to defend against Celtic for 90 minutes ala the flairmeisters though.

We had a good game against them there earlier in the season. If Driver is fit he will once again scare the living daylights out of Hinkel.

jack D and coke
It would be rather amusing if Hearts sent the keeper up for a last minute corner and he found the net to deny them the title. Imagine the outcry! :laugh:

Thats the stuff dreams are made of man. Would love to deny them with some really pish goal:2thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

I agree, Celtic need to win at least as a draw means they have no chance for the title. So I would imagine Celtic will play all out attack, I would like us to play defensive but look to hit them quickly on the counter as thats where they will be weakest, if we do score it will force them to either have to defend a bit more, easing pressure on us or try to go further forward allowing larger gaps at the back.

Put Templeton out on the wide, with another pacy winger and you could do that.

Cash!

Higher up the league = more dough, we can't do any better (or worse)ergo no incentive but pride, however a few will be moving on and won't want injured in a meaningless (for us ) game. I e-mailed a h un colleague today and told him I'd heard we were playing our U-19's and he had cyber apoplexy - sweet!

Not really bothered about the score, although I don't want us to get humped.

What I would really love to see is a hidden camera in the jambos end to illustrate how the self proclaimed 'worlds best fans' really behave and the idiot stewards with a jumped up sense of self importance.

Sierra Delta

That would be one of the best moments of my life :D

or if the keeper went up and made one of them score an own goal by deflecting a shot that is going wide into the net

hearts_crazy

I am going to make a prediction here. Dundee Utd will have earlier beaten Rangers 1-0 at Tannadice, and Celtic will think they just have to turn up. Hearts will then beat Celtic by 3 goals to 2, scoring the winner in the last minute.

I am going to make a prediction here. Dundee Utd will have earlier beaten Rangers 1-0 at Tannadice, and Celtic will think they just have to turn up. Hearts will then beat Celtic by 3 goals to 2, scoring the winner in the last minute.

I will make a prediction that all games next Sunday in the SPL kick off the same time give or take a minute.

I will make a prediction that all games next Sunday in the SPL kick off the same time give or take a minute.

yep all 13.30 KO IIRC

jambojim52

Another card free game is more important than the result. A win and no Jambo will leave Glasgow alive. If they are not locked up for the weekend then they will have to run the gauntlet of Unwashed back to buses or trains.( ok cars too)

Johanes de Silentio

I think we have to go there and do everything we can to beat them!

(I have no love for Glasgow Rangers, btw)

markletissier

Hearts 4 - Celtic 0

8' - C. Thomson

34' - Templeton

50' - Novikovas

90+23' - Husband

I agree with him

why so negative comon lets shoot them down....unless you want celtic to win the league hhhhhhmmmmmm :rifle:

But this is us you are talking about!! :P

winston churchill

any hearts player who thinks a game against ra sellik is a nothing game should be horse whipped

No way will Csaba allow them for switch off for the game against the Mhanks. He'll use this as a marker for who we can compete against them next season. Plus there's still contacts to be won, and personal pride.

We should be going out with our strongest 11 with the aim of 3 points.

I'd expect the very same if we were playing any other club in the SPL.

If we beat them, and cos them the title, i will die of joy.

Agreed.

Any scenario where they lose the title would do me, though.

Its much easier playing the old firm at home though.

Having said that I think Hearts can win Celtic are no great shakes and were a bag of nerves second half against Dundee Utd. It could be a good outside bet to back the double for both OF clubs to lose on Sunday.

With all the talk in the media about Rangers having the hardest game, Csaba might not need to do a teamtalk. :stuart:

why so negative comon lets shoot them down....unless you want celtic to win the league hhhhhhmmmmmm :rifle:

I think it would be better for Hearts for Celtic to win the league. I think if Rangers dont get Champs League next season they are in for some medium term serious financial problems.

If Rangers have to get rid of key players and dont replace them with equivalent quality they might get drawn back into the pack

But that aside I'd rather see a couple of youngsters get a shout at the weekend than try and bore out a 0-0 draw like Hibs did at the weekend

IMA MAROON

I want Hearts to win. Hearts fans that want celtic to win are crazy. I have never heard of anything like that before.

Drylaw Hearts

Leaving Parkhead watching the 'Tic support crying into their scarves after failing to win the SPL would finish this season off rather nicely I think.

Only a Game

Couldnt really give a toss what Donkey thinks will happen on Sunday. The man's got next to no credibility left after assuring us so bloody pompously and knowingly that Mark McGhee was a done deal.

Yes we might lose on Sunday. But we wont get hammered and it will be far from comfortable for Celtic IMO. We are well capable of at least a draw.

A Boy Named Crow

Hearts play 4-3-3 in banshee attack mode for 20 mins, get three up then cruise it, with cigars in the second half! They'd never see it coming.

We've much to pay back Celtic for over the past 20 odd years. Any sort of result that denies them the title will do for me.

i would love it if we beat them love it. boruc/mcgeady own goal in the last minute would be perfect.:10900:

shaun.lawson
Couldnt really give a toss what Donkey thinks will happen on Sunday. The man's got next to no credibility left after assuring us so bloody pompously and knowingly that Mark McGhee was a done deal.

Yes we might lose on Sunday. But we wont get hammered and it will be far from comfortable for Celtic IMO. We are well capable of at least a draw.

Bit harsh. Most journos would be out of a job immediately if they didn't make (informed) predictions such as this case. Donkey's a good guy if you ask me - and at the time he made the prediction, it seemed for all the world as though that's what was going to happen. Remember that Hearts clearly thought McGhee was a done deal too: his about-turn took everyone by surprise.

Only a Game
Bit harsh. Most journos would be out of a job immediately if they didn't make (informed) predictions such as this case. Donkey's a good guy if you ask me - and at the time he made the prediction, it seemed for all the world as though that's what was going to happen. Remember that Hearts clearly thought McGhee was a done deal too: his about-turn took everyone by surprise.

It wasnt a prediction though was it Shaun. It was cast iron "he will be Hearts new manager" He jumped the gun and made himself look foolish IMO.

I've met him at a function once and thought he was a pompous dick, and he comes across that way on HW sometimes, but there you go. Maybe thats why I dont particularly care what he has to say.

shaun.lawson
It wasnt a prediction though was it Shaun. It was cast iron "he will be Hearts new manager" He jumped the gun and made himself look foolish IMO.

I've met him at a function once and thought he was a pompous dick, and he comes across that way on HW sometimes, but there you go. Maybe thats why I dont particularly care what he has to say.

I've called in to his show and chatted with him over the phone a couple of times. He seemed fine to me: so I'm surprised at your perception of him TBH. All about opinions though, of course...

sandylejambo

if celtic win the league, rangers have to win the cup to keep face, we get less qualifiers in the euro's, rangers have the task of qualifing for champions league, remember what happened to them last year when they played our reserves, rangers then have to cut their cloth to suit, but the thought of those smellies at darkheid winning the league is enough to make you throw up, get into them hearts

Here's an unnecessary statistic. Since Celtic beat us in early November we have only lost two games by more than one goal (both 2-0).

Nobody wins easily against Csaba's Hearts.

penicuik jambo

Scott Leitch was going about telling everyone he could he was going to tynie so i dont think he was made to look foolish, fact is mcghee had agreed to manage hearts and changed his mind.

portobellojambo1
On Talksport just now, Donkey expects us to get beaten "comfortably" due to us having already done what we had to.

He went on to talk about us being "there in body if not mind". Given that he is close to the players, what has he heard from them?

What message does this send to the support who are spending hard earned cash to go and follow the team?

As it happens, I think we'll hump the celts, we can go there with no pressure on our shoulders and just enjoy the game. So Donkey....yer wrong!!

In this game Celtic know they have to win, they cannot count on Rangers not getting a result at Tannadice, so a draw will not be an option for them. That puts huge pressure on them. If they fail to get a break through early against us the crowd will turn against them.

We, on the other hand, have achieved what we set out to achieve, we can go out, relax, play football and ram it right up the plastic paddy, republican sh*tebags.

scots civil war

csaba laslo has the perfect point to prove in laying down the marker for next season

im praying he will have no injury worries and goes on to outfox septic at the weekend .hearts can gain a hell of a lot of notoriety thru this match.....

the hearts players must step up and deal them and their sycophantic followers ,either in the media,journals or officialdom with the contempt they deserve.....

remember 86 ya bass

Only a Game
Scott Leitch was going about telling everyone he could he was going to tynie so i dont think he was made to look foolish, fact is mcghee had agreed to manage hearts and changed his mind.

Thats not a fact at all, even Mark Donaldson when he was looking to save face when it blew up didnt say that.

I dont believe Scott Leitch was ever approached by Hearts as it was never the intention to employ him as an assistant. Perhaps he "hoped" he was going to Tynecastle but I dont believe he was, even if McGhee had taken the job

The fact is that only one person inside Tynecastle was speaking to Donkey and he wasnt close enough to the action for Donkey to know anything for sure, but it didnt stop him gambling and pretending he did

shaun.lawson
Thats not a fact at all, even Mark Donaldson when he was looking to save face when it blew up didnt say that.

I dont believe Scott Leitch was ever approached by Hearts as it was never the intention to employ him as an assistant. Perhaps he "hoped" he was going to Tynecastle but I dont believe he was, even if McGhee had taken the job

The fact is that only one person inside Tynecastle was speaking to Donkey and he wasnt close enough to the action for Donkey to know anything for sure, but it didnt stop him gambling and pretending he did

You do realise Leitch was furious with McGhee for costing him the wage rise he'd banked on getting, OAG?

Only a Game
You do realise Leitch was furious with McGhee for costing him the wage rise he'd banked on getting, OAG?

Ive no doubt he DID bank on it. I've also no doubt that we did not approach him in any way shape or form and I believe that we didnt intend to.

Archived