Billy Davies

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

A mate of mine has just text me to say Billy Davies has gone on record saying he was interested in the Hearts job. Anyone else heard him say this. Checked all the usual websites etc and cant see anything.

I'm not Davies biggest fan, pretty much because he has a stupid whiny west coast accent, but at this moment in time I would take him. Anyone else agree?

He has apparently been quoted in The Sun this morning or yesterday that he would be interested in the Hearts job.

I'd definately take him.

loveofthegame

Havent heard this but i hope this is the case. unlike many of the silly rumours on here i think this guy is a real possibility were we to make him the right offer.

of whats available he'd be my top choice.

As for his accent, theres something quite therapeutic in it! If thats the biggest complaint you can find on him then he'll do fine for me!

itsnomarooned
A mate of mine has just text me to say Billy Davies has gone on record saying he was interested in the Hearts job. Anyone else heard him say this. Checked all the usual websites etc and cant see anything.

I'm not Davies biggest fan, pretty much because he has a stupid whiny west coast accent, but at this moment in time I would take him. Anyone else agree?

I would agree that he has a stupid whiney west coast accent ..... but that's about it. Would NOT like to see him as manager.

I would agree that he has a stupid whiney west coast accent ..... but that's about it. Would NOT like to see him as manager.

To be fair mate, we're not exactly awash with options are we?

markletissier

the accent does my head in as well. i'm not sure what to make of him to be honest.

he wasn't all too great with Motherwell, he averaged a win in every three games. however he did go on an unbeaten run with Derby last year, 22 games ain't bad.

we'll see what happens i suppose.

Jambo, Goodbye
He has apparently been quoted in The Sun this morning or yesterday that he would be interested in the Hearts job.

I'd definately take him.

He was quoted in the Sun saying he would be open to any offers from clubs or something along those lines, he didn't actually mention hearts in his quote.

Before the quote the Sun said Davies admitted he would be willing to have talks with Romanov, or something along those lines.

So you put two and two together and it looks like he's talking about Hearts but really we can't be sure. Hearts might not have been mentioned in whatever question he was asked before he gave the said quote...

Personally I'd take him, hopefully he is technology illiterate and doesn't even know how to switch on a fax machine let alone use one :rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

Is Davies not meant to a grade one Hun? Wouldn't like to think he was using us a passport to Ibronx and the tramps.

Thig Ar Latha
To be fair mate, we're not exactly awash with options are we?

There are other options, though apart from the ones mentioned on Kickback, I'm not sure who they are.

The one that gave me the shivers was when Radio Scotland mentioned John Collin's was in the Stand at Tynie on Saturday. Talk about De Javu. (sp) Same as when Rix appeared.

Personnally I would'nt put money on the next Manager because Romanov is always liable to have an Ace (or Joker) up his sleeve.

Never play cards with Romanov!

:)

The Old Tolbooth

Of course it would make much more sense to soldier on with the clueless Frail :wacko:

Davies said he'd be willing to talk to Romanov. If this is true, we should get him in to an interview immediately. It can do no harm, and I don't think we'll do a lot better than him.

As for the stepping stone to Rangers; I don't see this as a bad thing. The only way he'd get a move to Rangers would be to make a success of us. Then, we could go on to attract a manager on a similar scale, if not better.

Davies said he'd be willing to talk to Romanov. If this is true, we should get him in to an interview immediately. It can do no harm, and I don't think we'll do a lot better than him.

As for the stepping stone to Rangers; I don't see this as a bad thing. The only way he'd get a move to Rangers would be to make a success of us. Then, we could go on to attract a manager on a similar scale, if not better.

Sensible post.

Davies would be an excellent appointment and would signal a statement of intent. He's not going to turn up and sign no decent players.

Sensible post.

Davies would be an excellent appointment and would signal a statement of intent. He's not going to turn up and sign no decent players.

Not very often some one says that to a post of mine.

I agree, he would be a good appointment. I also, believe we should be getting in touch asap. Allowing him time to look at our squad and act in the transfer window, if he was to accept the job.

Arthur Morgan

I would like to see billy davies as hearts manager because he's experienced - got preston 2 the play-offs twice got derby 2 the premiership but no manager could keep derby up because they weren't backed with that much money compared to the other teams in the premiership and he is in a similar mould of george burley

Peter Grant is the one that fills me with dread.

:eek: You an me both...

Infact it's just put me of my cornflakes, just thinking about that scrote has made the milk taste sour....

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Davies has been spoken to by Hearts.

4 times not surprised.

Oh aye you know something we dont Dexter??;)

Icelandic geezer in the frame according to 107 this morning.......

Appears to be no more than an average journeyman manager.

Not instantly impressed if this happens......

Icelandic geezer in the frame according to 107 this morning.......

Appears to be no more than an average journeyman manager.

Not instantly impressed if this happens......

Blimey...Its Steve Irwin...

The Real Maroonblood
Is Davies not meant to a grade one Hun? Wouldn't like to think he was using us a passport to Ibronx and the tramps.

Yes to all of the above.

Oh dear, another 'my mate has just texted me to say...(insert random rumour here)' thread. Guys, unless your mate is Vladimir Romanov:ninja: the chances are he knows the square root of sod all just like the rest of us.

But that means he would have to do a damn good job for us first. I'd rather a manager/player with ambition tbh.

I really don't like Billy Davies, but I believe that only he or Craig will take us forward. He's a good manager, will take no sh*te from the players and will stand up to Vlad. Yes, I will be happy if he is appointed.

davies isn't as good as HE thinks he is.

he's a confrontational manager in the mould of sir alex but without the experience & guile.

he maybe whats required to bring a sense of collective responsibility & discipline to the squad but am no sure about his tactical ability, albeit he took 6 months out to go around europe & take in new ideas & innovations. :confused:

Billy Davies would deffently be a step forward given the current situation.

There are endless options that would be a step forward in our position. The noises from Hearts are that they are gonna take their time over this, which suggests it seems like the people running the club realise its a make or break decision. Whether this is all smoke and mirrors only time will tell. If it's not a positive appointment, bearing in mind the noises coming out of the club, the I will lose the minimal bit of "belief" that I have left.

maltese jambo

Would love to see Billy Davies as our new manager.

did tremendously well to achieve so much with Preston (look where they are now) and to actually get a side like derby into the prem was a very good achievment given the resources he had.

he may be low profile, but at the end of the day his CV is impressive.

hope he gets the job

Mid Calder Jambo

I am working in Chesterfield at the moment and two Derby County supporters have said tgo me that Billy Davis is talking that he wants the job. Can only say what I am hearing down here.

I posted a long time ago that i would take him and nothing has changed as far as I am concerned.

inverness_jambo

well my mate just text me to say he HAS the job, which led me to getting very excited and rushing to the pc to check it out. the fact im extremely dissapointed its not true i think sums up how we would feel if it did happen.

I think Davies would jump at the chance to manage Hearts. There is no other club that comes close to the OF with regards profile at the moment. He knows he'd have cash to spend and he could make a real name for himself if he restored order on the pitch, i.e. challenging at the right end of the table.

Whether he has the temprament to handle Vlad is another story. He could potentially last less time than Burley !!

Snake Plissken

He'd be a good appointment.

I care little for his preferences so long as he'd do a job here, as another poster said if he sees this as a springboard to the huns then he'll have to do an excellent job with us to get it.

would love it if he got the job.

Seems like a bit of a bawbag, but at least he's not a convicted sex offender.

Or ginger.

would love it if he got the job.

Seems like a bit of a bawbag, but at least he's not a convicted sex offender.

Or ginger.

It's fair to say the last one is worse :P

Good lord, are the Ginger League watching? They'll be gunning for me now I've lost my flame haired avatar!! Argh!!

Davies I'd be happy with, if he can do it in the Championship he can do it in the SPL. The OF are still there for the taking, if we can only put together some consistant form next season.

Malcolm Tucker

Davies has become a much better manager since he bossed 'Well. He has more experience now and has bossed a team to the Premiership.

I would take him in a flash just now, we need a real manager.

my mate got a tex last night from a taxi driver saying that he gave billy davis a lift to the roxborough to spend the night

i laughed in his face!

i tell you now as much as it would be a great acquisition for the club i cant see romanov hiring a big name scottish manager like davis. If he ruled himself out of the Scotland job why would he go for hearts?

meridian jambo

For those in the Main Stand on Saturday keep looking for any out of work managers who may be there!!!:camera::camera:

Meant to be a great coach. Would take him in a second.

He definitely wants to return to Scotland and have heard that he would be interested in speaking to Hearts.

Nucky Thompson
For those in the Main Stand on Saturday keep looking for any out of work managers who may be there!!!:camera::camera:
I've been doing that all this month:)

Hmm....31st of December I would have taken any Scot as manager. With the anouncement from Vlad I am now hopeful that we will get what we have needed since Burley - a full time manager with autonomy for team and tactics, coaching and discipline.

Once you come round to accepting that is what we will get (and I have), then I find it difficult to get excited about Billy Davies. Yes, decent managerial record and he seems to be the type that wont take any of Vlads nonsense, but he just doesnt sit well with me - I can only compare my feelings to those I had when Tommy McLean was appointed.

Would love to be proved wrong by Mr Davies but at a time when I feel the club has lost its way, its identity and its credibility I want a 100% Hearts man in charge and thas Levein or second choice Jeffries.

I also have that nagging feeling that a successful davies at Hearts would become next Gers Manager once Smith jacks it and McCoist says's hes not ready. Ok, so that statement has an upsaide (Hearts are a success) but would rather have someone in there for whom the club means more than a stepping stone to one of the biggot brothers.

Heard a quote fron Charlie Mann suggesting that things were progressing on the manager front after returning from Lithuania.

Didn't give any more info than that I'm afraid. Also heard today that David O'Leary has declined the chance to talk to the FIA about the paddy job as he wants to be in club management...???

Every other bugger has been mentioned so why not........

Drylaw Hearts

Billy Davies is waiting on his pay-off from Derby before he takes another job.

He hopes to have this settled within a few days.

Then he will be able to move on.

Arthur Morgan

Mullen13 i read last night on bbc 606 that someone saw davies at edinburgh airport and he was goin in the guys m8's taxi and he was going to the roxburgh hotel as well

Would love Davies as a manager because of his past record with Preston and Derby.

Would hate Davies as a manager because he'd fall out with Romanov within a month and we'd be back to square one again.

It's not something fans want to hear but the new manager must be able to get on with Romanov. Davies fell out with his bosses at Derby, hence the reason for the refusal for funds in January, his sacking and then releasing of funds for a new manager.

And when I say someone who gets along with Romanov, I don't mean another Eastern European manager, I just mean someone who knows exactly what they are getting themselves in for but are happy with it. Kind of like Frail except much better at his job.

From the interview that Clerry Jambo posted, for his next job, he seems determined to go somewhere that has ambition. Now realistically, the main teams that would be in for him would be Championship teams. Maybe that could signal ambition but having led Derby and Preston to either promotion or almost promotion, maybe he feels like he's done his stint in the Championship.

You would like to think that Hearts are a club with ambition (although it's debatable recently) and the new stand has shown that. The Old Firm are not great teams, there is the prospect of European football (obviously not next year) and there is a real chance of doing well domestically. He also seems pretty happy about being back in Scotland too. The main issue though is working relationships with Romanov, take that out of the equation and I think he'd definitely take it.

My concern with Davies is he is an Old Firm Wannabe and would want to jump ship at the first chance he got should Rangers come calling, but out of the few names commonly associated with the post, it is probably the best realistic option.

The Icelandic boy, I do not believe will happen, but we could do a lot worse too.

Archived