Billy Davies

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I think Davies would be excellent for us. Would he jump ship at the first chance to go to Rangers? Maybe, but then how long until that job is vacant again? More than one year? More than two? I think a couple of years of Davies would give us a chance to right the ship, and by then, if the re-development proceeds, we would be looking at a bigger stadium and the beginnings of more revenue.

I'm not optimistic that we'll get anyone with as much upside as Davies, but I'd like it very much if we did.

Jamboscanbevicius

We really have no idea who it will be do we?

Although there have been tons of names thrown out there, we have no more clue now than we did 2 weeks ago. The only names which seem to be sticking is Frail (which seems unlikely as he does not have his badges), Thorardson (who has denied approach), and Davies (who has been touted since 1st of Jan).

It will probably end up being none of these guys, but Davies seems to be a possibility.

What are the odds at the bookies? Anyone know?

Guest gorgie kev

Was speakin to my usual sorce within Hearts and all the pointers that Davies will be the new manager-The word is they are tryin to get him in before saturday so that he can be unveiled to the fans before the game.

Jamboscanbevicius

Did your usual source within the club say who else was on the shortlist?

Just in case talks break down and we don't see Davies on sat...

My concern with Davies is he is an Old Firm Wannabe and would want to jump ship at the first chance he got should Rangers come calling, but out of the few names commonly associated with the post, it is probably the best realistic option.

The Icelandic boy, I do not believe will happen, but we could do a lot worse too.

You then resign yourself to mediocre manager. Any credible candidate should have the ambition to manage a bigger club.

It's the same argument Romanov used regarding players wanting to go to the OF. He solved that be ensuring all our players are too crap for a move to Glasgow.

Was speakin to my usual sorce within Hearts and all the pointers that Davies will be the new manager-The word is they are tryin to get him in before saturday so that he can be unveiled to the fans before the game.

I hope this is true, doubt it is.

HE is the ebst candidate out there taht would seriously consider joining us, he got Derby promoted on a very small budget and managed to get PReston in the play-offsd twice on an even smaller budget!

I am just glad the people on here who would rule him out because he is a weegie are not picking the new manager!!

Guest GhostHunter

Davies is a Point Prover.

Romanov appoints Davies, then everyone knows he's fully intending on stepping back, because Davies is the very type of manager who would NOT stand for owner interference.

"Being the best poo in the potty, does not necessarily make you Alex Ferguson" - abridged quote

Davies is a Point Prover.

Romanov appoints Davies, then everyone knows he's fully intending on stepping back, because Davies is the very type of manager who would NOT stand for owner interference.

"Being the best poo in the potty, does not necessarily make you Alex Ferguson" - abridged quote

ANY decent "manager" would be a point prover though as none of them would allow VR to fiddle. At this moment in time i would settle for the best poo in the pooty. However IMO i don't believe Davies is better than that.

Archived