which areas of edinburgh are hearts/hibs

fletch92

Midlothian is solid Hearts. Penicuik, Loanhead, Bilston, Roslin, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Dalkieth. All overwhelmingly Hearts, with a few H1b5 in the role of village idiot.

In fact Penicuik just got even more Hearts, with the arrival of John Souttar.

Had heard Nitten was a hubz town?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you'll be surprised BB.

Drylaw was particularly known as heavy with maroon and again, I've known plenty JTs from North Edinburgh.

Drylaw was alway and always will be a Hearts stronghold

luckyBatistuta

Buckstone is crawling with hibs fans for some reason.

Nuke it.

Was more hibs than hearts when I lived there.

oxgangs is more hibs, i'd say.

Was definitely Hearts back in the day and I was convinced that it still was.

Must have changed a lot since I lived there then.

Most of the guys that went to my school and also lived in Buckstone were hobos.

Always felt growing up in east craigs/corstorphine/the gyle that it was fairly mixed between Hearts and Hibs with a sizeable group of Old Firm fans thrown into the mix.

However, I'm sure in my year at school it was more Hearts than Hibs.

Was more hibs than hearts when I lived there.

Was definitely Hearts back in the day and I was convinced that it still was.

Most of the guys that went to my school and also lived in Buckstone were hobos.

Almost everyone I knew in Buckstone/The Braids/ Fox Spring were maroon.

luckyBatistuta

Almost everyone I knew in Buckstone/The Braids/ Fox Spring were maroon.

My pals around Morningside were pretty much hobos too. I must have liked surrounding myself with losers, just to make myself feel more superior.

My pals around Morningside were pretty much hobos too. I must have liked surrounding myself with losers, just to make myself feel more superior.

There's a hard core of Hibs in certain Morningside boozers now though.

Well, one that I can think of.

Clue: Used to be called the Bellhaven.

luckyBatistuta

There's a hard core of Hibs in certain Morningside boozers now though.

Well, one that I can think of.

Clue: Used to be called the Bellhaven.

Yup, a few of them still drink in there. Went in there to have a couple of celebratory drinks and sit with a smug grin on my face after the Cup final, but none of them showed up. I did get pulled up by the bar staff though...was sitting in the corner with my pals and felt a tap on the shoulder. I was told that a guy over in the other corner wasn't happy about my 'blood doesn't show' t-shirt and I had to put something on to cover it up, or else we would have to leave...bitter and twisted hobo ####. His bird started mouthing off, but we never rose to it, as the guy would have been on his second loss of the day. We were just sitting laughing and smiling and just loving watching him getting himself and his bird all wound up.

FenderJaguar7

Yup, a few of them still drink in there. Went in there to have a couple of celebratory drinks and sit with a smug grin on my face after the Cup final, but none of them showed up. I did get pulled up by the bar staff though...was sitting in the corner with my pals and felt a tap on the shoulder. I was told that a guy over in the other corner wasn't happy about my 'blood doesn't show' t-shirt and I had to put something on to cover it up, or else we would have to leave...bitter and twisted hobo ####. His bird started mouthing off, but we never rose to it, as the guy would have been on his second loss of the day. We were just sitting laughing and smiling and just loving watching him getting himself and his bird all wound up.

Just his sister trying to stick up for him.

Dougie Masterton

Plenty of us JTs in the less shall we say salubrious parts of North Edinburgh.

John. West Pilton.

And us boys that originate from Pennywell.

jambomartin

Thanks for the info Martin. How about South Bridge? or Newington? Are those hibs areas too?

To be honest I was counting newington and southside as one. It's predominately hibs but as guys had said before on the thread our minority in east in less than hibs in the west. strangley, I have a few friends who live in leith and all say it's around 50:50 but there you go

Based on the scientific method of drunks on the way home from the pub singing in the street Davidson's Mains is Hearts.

Sawdust Caesar

I went to Leith Academy in the late 70s - early 80s and I reckon there were as many Hearts as Hibs, if not more. Fair enough not everybody at the school lived in Leith. When I moved into my flat which is just off Leith Walk, there were Hearts supporters in 3 of the flats and zero Hibs. Sadly all the other Hearts boys have now moved out but thankfully there is still no Hibbies.

:thumbsup:

I know exactly who the 'didn't show up' bunch are.

The Hermie was probably a wee bitty busier than usual that night!

Instead of the usual 'other way round'.

:D

luckyBatistuta

To be honest, it could have been his brother or sister...he/she was no oil painting.

Exactly, and I thought they were part of the furniture in there too. Couldn't be bothered going over, as I was having too much fun.

To be honest, it could have been his brother or sister...he/she was no oil painting.

Exactly, and I thought they were part of the furniture in there too. Couldn't be bothered going over, as I was having too much fun.

They are, and have been, part of the furniture for many years now. However, they only show up on match days/nights when the vermin have won.

Been quite a quiet boozer this year. :)

To be honest I was counting newington and southside as one. It's predominately hibs but as guys had said before on the thread our minority in east in less than hibs in the west. strangley, I have a few friends who live in leith and all say it's around 50:50 but there you go

Could not disagree more. Can barely recall a Hibby in Newington in the 80's. 38 bus to Robertson Ave was very busy picking up at all stops from Cameron Toll. Really must question your view on Southside.

Enzo Chiefo

I take it Fenlon didn't turn up that night then.

On matchdays all areas of the city are more Hibs than Hearts as so few of them actually go to Easter Road...

Could not disagree more. Can barely recall a Hibby in Newington in the 80's. 38 bus to Robertson Ave was very busy picking up at all stops from Cameron Toll. Really must question your view on Southside.

Southside is Hearts.

Southside is Hearts.

Not according to Martin. Your way as well in my experience. Pat Fenlon used to drink in the old Hermitage.

In Bruntsfield there were 3 Hibs supporters when I was growing up.  Postie, George and his son.  There were absolutely thousands of Hearts supporters.

George's son was an bit of a prat but George himself and Postie were good blokes who revelled in their underdog status.

Glamorgan Jambo

Great to hear Clerry is now a Hearts stronghold. Back in the late 70s early 80s it was hoaching with 'them'. Possibly due to many of the then population having been 'resettled' from Leith in the post war years. But it had quite a bit to do with glory hunting on the back of the Tornadoes and the level of mediocrity at HMFC at the time.

Clerry Jambo

Great to hear Clerry is now a Hearts stronghold. Back in the late 70s early 80s it was hoaching with 'them'. Possibly due to many of the then population having been 'resettled' from Leith in the post war years. But it had quite a bit to do with glory hunting on the back of the Tornadoes and the level of mediocrity at HMFC at the time.

Hard to say if it's a stronghold many losers can suddenly appear if they win a game or two but certainly many jambos jump on that 26 bus into Gorgie

jambomartin

from living in the southside since the early 90s or from first memories my experience is there has been more hibs fans than hearts.  This is all based on from school, drinking in different pubs around southside/Newington area and friends.

Obviously your experience has been different.  One thing is for sure is that hearts have a far larger support overall

All roads lead to Gorgie

from living in the southside since the early 90s or from first memories my experience is there has been more hibs fans than hearts.  This is all based on from school, drinking in different pubs around southside/Newington area and friends.

Obviously your experience has been different.  One thing is for sure is that hearts have a far larger support overall

I always got the impression that the areas surrounding Holyrood Park had a wee team leaning so the Newington area sort of backs that up as it just about borders the park. Move west to the Meadows and it is overwhelmingly Maroon thankfully.

William H. Bonney

Based on the scientific method of drunks on the way home from the pub singing in the street Davidson's Mains is Hearts.

Using that method then I reckon gorgie is definitely rangers.

Hard to say if it's a stronghold many losers can suddenly appear if they win a game or two but certainly many jambos jump on that 26 bus into Gorgie

Clermiston Primary was pretty much all Hearts in my day.

A few sheep (as was the time) and a couple of Hobos who thought it was more hard to be a Hibee but apart form that it was pretty much all Jambos.  I say with immense pride.

Clermiston Primary was pretty much all Hearts in my day.

A few sheep (as was the time) and a couple of Hobos who thought it was more hard to be a Hibee but apart form that it was pretty much all Jambos.  I say with immense pride.

Hard to be a Hibby :rofl:

:whistling:

Hard to be a Hibby :rofl:

:whistling:

Not even joking Morgan.  Pathetic as it sounds, a few wanna be casuals would support them as if it gave them more street cred.  Oh my sides.

Not even joking Morgan.  Pathetic as it sounds, a few wanna be casuals would support them as if it gave them more street cred.  Oh my sides.

Ma sides too!

Another in a long (very) line of arseholish things Hibs 'fans' will do.

:D

Son Of Anarchy

Oops, sorry mate. I forget how loud I am when I'm drunk :(

Ferryjambo99

I'd say queensferry is more hearts than hibs, know a few hibbies though, a few celtic and rangers fans are scattered around. Always see a good few jambos on the 40 bus into town

MacDonald Jardine

Niddrie / Craigmillar seems to be more Hibs i would say

Craigmillar traditionally was Hibs/ Celtic.

I always had the south side down as that too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Punks No Deid

Craigmillar traditionally was Hibs/ Celtic.

I always had the south side down as that too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Aye - When I lived in Bingham that was the case, 1996-1998ish, most of my ex in laws were on that hobo n tic page. Dunno what it's like now but thankfully I'm now back in civilisation

• 1 year later...
Bridge of Djoum

I predict a similar thread will pop up in a couple years time...

Colonel Kurtz

Cabin hearts was not tim friendly

Malckys pub chased hibs cqsuals down the bridges before they got fat and Baldwin 

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

I predict a similar thread will pop up in a couple years time...

Can you also predict the lottery results .. from last week? :P

Bridge of Djoum
40 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Cabin hearts was not tim friendly

Malckys pub chased hibs cqsuals down the bridges before they got fat and Baldwin 

Alec Baldwin was a character before his acting days.

I do not care for Steven.

However, I do like Mike.

11 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Alec Baldwin was a character before his acting days.

I do not care for Steven.

However, I do like Mike.

Is he the bald win? Bald one..nevermind..

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, LesJambes said:

Is he the bald win? Bald one..nevermind..

JKB jail for that one.

Saughton is Hearts, that's it. B.U.S.Y. B.E.E you ain't seen nothin like the Busy Bee. FTH/...Bus convener for many a year I was, fozzy where are you?

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Saughton is Hearts, that's it. B.U.S.Y. B.E.E you ain't seen nothin like the Busy Bee. FTH/...Bus convener for many a year I was, fozzy where are you?

?

Archived