which areas of edinburgh are hearts/hibs

fletch92

i know obiousley that gorgie is hearts,and leith hibs but is there certain areas that tend to be either hearts or hibs ? or is it all pretty even ? cheers!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craigieboy

Theres very few respectable areas that are hibs. I will say that much.

Longstone is pure 100% Hearts.

sandylejambo

queensferry is mostly hearts with celtic being the next best supported team, but i have seen the odd hibby and rangers shirts, well the folk wearing them looked odd

Roseburn, Murrayfield, Corstorphine, Gyle, Carrick Knowe, Forrester Park, Broomhouse, Sighthill, Parkhead, Longstone, Wester Hailes, Currie, Balerno, Colinton & Oxgangs i'd say were all Hearts areas. Just off the top of my head, like. :)

neverlikedElvis
Roseburn, Murrayfield, Corstorphine, Gyle, Carrick Knowe, Forrester Park, Broomhouse, Sighthill, Parkhead, Longstone, Wester Hailes, Currie, Balerno, Colinton & Oxgangs i'd say were all Hearts areas. Just off the top of my head, like. :)

oxgangs is more hibs, i'd say.

oxgangs is more hibs, i'd say.

TBH, if there was one on my list i wasn't sure about then it was Oxgangs.

Captain Lithuania
Theres very few respectable areas that are hibs. I will say that much.

Longstone is pure 100% Hearts.

Wrong. I know a few hibbies from there.

Carl Weathers

Portobello is fairly mixed.

Most of my mates at school were hearts fans though.

Portobello is fairly mixed.

Most of my mates at school were hearts fans though.

Must have changed since my day, we were def in the minority back then. Made it even worse that they were half decent.

Craigleith is more hearts than hibs although there's probably not a lot in it .

Any area that stinks, and has caravans is hobo, theres an area called the pink triangle thats 100% hobo. Look for the slums youll find hobos.

Im just down the road from craigleith, comely bank.. Id say most people down here are Jambos / Old firm.. Only ever saw a few young yins walking about with that dog muck on..

Carl Weathers
Must have changed since my day, we were def in the minority back then. Made it even worse that they were half decent.

Yeah, it's 50/50 I'd say.

There were definitely more Hearts fans at Porty high school than hibs.

Holyrood is more Hibs and Celtic apparently (not in Portobello though, but nearish).

I lived in Nantwich Drive for 2 years which is Craigentinny and it was mostly Hibees!!

Cup final day was fab as the Hearts bus stopped outside our house and we had our scarfs hanging out, cue some quality Hearts songs.

Anyways always got abuse from passers by in cars and on foot when we were decked out catching the bus to Tynie.

Now stay back in Carrick Knowe where I would say mainly Hearts here, 'specially all the kids running about with their Hearts tops on!!

There should just be one enclave for them all. I'm not opposed to social mobility but this is an extreme case.

jamboinglasgow

I do think Blackhall is a more Hearts than any other team.

As for Glasgow, there is easily more Hearts here than hibs, I have only ever seen one hibs top outside 5 a side in Glasgow but have seen many more Hearts tops.

neverlikedElvis

The hot tub in Tam Paton's back garden used to be 100% hibs. allegedly.

• 6 years later...
VikingHeart

How about South Side then? Is it a hearts or hibs area?

Winston Ingram

What about Morningside/Fairmilehead/Buckstone? I know a Hibs bus used to leave from the Pavilion in Fairmilehead but no idea if still the case. 

jambomartin

How about South Side then? Is it a hearts or hibs area?

I live in the Southside and its definitely a Hibs area

VikingHeart

I live in the Southside and its definitely a Hibs area

Thanks for the info Martin. How about South Bridge? or Newington? Are those hibs areas too?

Rabbie_Burns

Clermiston seems to have it's fair share of Hibs fans...

Living there I genuinely don't see that many of them. Neighbours either side of us, one two doors along plus guy opposite all Hearts folks, maybe we just live in a safe enclave :)

I live in Liberton ... defo mixed until Hibs get into cup finals then it edges towards more Hibees!

must've changed over the years! My Dad grew up around Liberton way way back and said it was loaded with Hearts supporters.

What about Morningside/Fairmilehead/Buckstone? I know a Hibs bus used to leave from the Pavilion in Fairmilehead but no idea if still the case.

Buckstone is crawling with hibs fans for some reason.

Nuke it.

Buffalo Bill

I always felt there were more Hibs fans in the Irvine Welsh areas of North Edinburgh, and naturally around the vicinity of their stadium, plus pockets dotted around elsewhere, quite a few in Oxgangs as has been mentioned.

Hearts, probably 90% of West Edinburgh, and again, loads of areas elsewhere including Leith, South Edinburgh etc, and definitely more Hearts in the Lothians and parts of Fife.

Maybe I'm talking bollocks though.

In the Falkirk area there is a fair number of jambos, especially Larbert & Stenhousemuir areas, not many of the vermin, just a few not what you would call a plague of them.

Its mixed. Theres a group of Hibs fans that come into my local now. They left their last local as they werent being treated like regulars enough. I hate every single one of them.

Stephen Muddie

I always felt there were more Hibs fans in the Irvine Welsh areas of North Edinburgh, and naturally around the vicinity of their stadium, plus pockets dotted around elsewhere, quite a few in Oxgangs as has been mentioned.

Hearts, probably 90% of West Edinburgh, and again, loads of areas elsewhere including Leith, South Edinburgh etc, and definitely more Hearts in the Lothians and parts of Fife.

Maybe I'm talking bollocks though.

I don't think you are. Pretty good summing up. West/Midlothian are definitely fairly Hearts leaning.

All roads lead to Gorgie

As a teenager I stayed a short time in Portobello and when I arrived it was mainly hibs but when Robbo who hailed from the area burst onto the scene it became a bit of a Hearts stronghold. I'd imagine it is back to an equal share again now or slightly hibs again.

Seems despite Hearts having a bigger fan base, Edinburgh is all Hibs.

Although our fanbase is bigger, the number of Hobos who don't go to their games is much higher than for us.

I grew up in West Lothian and naturally there are far more Old Firm than anything else, though we come in a clear third.

williamgerrard

I would say  Whole of Edinburgh seen as theres only 1 team in the city lol Stirling has loads off hearts fans

Im Porty based and its 50/50 i would say.

My experience of Porty and the surrounding area is its much more Hibs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

millerjames398

In the Falkirk area there is a fair number of jambos, especially Larbert & Stenhousemuir areas, not many of the vermin, just a few not what you would call a plague of them.

I stay in stenhousemuir in antonshill we even had a wee supporters club all five of us lol absolutely no vermin round ,and our antonshill hearts flag took pride of place in Bordeaux even captured on the tv cameras a couple times... happy days.

My experience of Porty and the surrounding area is its much more Hibs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe im just in the good part.

Archived