fletch92

Maybe im just in the good part.

Sounds like you definitely are [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fxxx the SPFL

Plenty of Jambos down here in leafy Trinity I'm off now to quaff a 1998 bottle of Lambrini.

Cigaro, on 26 Apr 2016 - 6:45 PM, said:

Sounds like you definitely are [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm definitely in the elite area of Porty,,,only let down by a few Hibbie interlopers & an ex-hibs player.

Seems despite Hearts having a bigger fan base, Edinburgh is all Hibs.

lol...I know, I think you tend to notice the enemy more than your own and they'll be the same.

Seems I'm the only Hearts fan in Edinburgb going by this thread :D

It's funny, I've worked beside and played football with more Leith Jambos over the years than vermin Leithers. It's just down to luck i'd imagine and I wouldn't start puting Leith down as a Hearts area because of that.

I always felt there were more Hibs fans in the Irvine Welsh areas of North Edinburgh, and naturally around the vicinity of their stadium, plus pockets dotted around elsewhere, quite a few in Oxgangs as has been mentioned.

Hearts, probably 90% of West Edinburgh, and again, loads of areas elsewhere including Leith, South Edinburgh etc, and definitely more Hearts in the Lothians and parts of Fife.

Maybe I'm talking bollocks though.

Think you'll be surprised BB.

Drylaw was particularly known as heavy with maroon and again, I've known plenty JTs from North Edinburgh.

John Findlay

Plenty of us JTs in the less shall we say salubrious parts of North Edinburgh.

John. West Pilton.

Plenty of us JTs in the less shall we say salubrious parts of North Edinburgh.

John. West Pilton.

I'm in West Pilton too. Loads of Jambos here.

Clermiston seems to have it's fair share of Hibs fans...

Seen a lot of hobos congregate outside the clerrie Inn for the Diddy cup final & Scottish cup semi.

Midlothian is solid Hearts.  Penicuik, Loanhead, Bilston, Roslin, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Dalkieth.  All overwhelmingly Hearts, with a few H1b5 in the role of village idiot.

In fact Penicuik just got even more Hearts, with the arrival of John Souttar.

Punks No Deid

Midlothian is solid Hearts. Penicuik, Loanhead, Bilston, Roslin, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Dalkieth. All overwhelmingly Hearts, with a few H1b5 in the role of village idiot.

I stayed in Woodburn, Dalkeith for about 15 years for my sins n it had a fair few vermin n about the same amount of glory hunting huns.

I live in Liberton ... defo mixed until Hibs get into cup finals then it edges towards more Hibees!

If they win it the libbie Inn might reopen. Anyone know why it's shut? Heard a rumour there was a drugs bust. Very Hibs.

1998, the whole city was maroon and white!

...and I'm sure there was another couple of years too.

This question has been done loads of times and it's a tricky one. I'd say in my experience Hibs fans are a bit more obvious than Hearts fans and that skews one's perception. Hibs fans love a bit of replica gear and an iffy number plate. Plus people are more transient in where they work and live nowadays.

Buffalo Bill

Think you'll be surprised BB.

Drylaw was particularly known as heavy with maroon and again, I've known plenty JTs from North Edinburgh.

Good to hear.

David McCaig

Crowds of 16,866 v 6,866 suggest that any notion of a 50/50 split is very misguided. Even 65/35 is probably being kind to Hibs!!

Trying to avoid getting shot down here but...

There is definitely something in the old "white collar" / "blue collar" argument when it comes to Hearts & the vermin. I remember MDV mentioning something along those lines in an interview once. Said something like the Hearts fans he met in the street were always well spoken, well educated and tended to be lawyers, doctors - basically professionals. And the Hibs-minded ones, well, they weren't! 

Loads of Jambos in the more affluent areas of the city, no question about that. There are lots out here in the garden county of East Lothian - and down in the Borders too.

We_are_the_Hearts

Trying to avoid getting shot down here but...

There is definitely something in the old "white collar" / "blue collar" argument when it comes to Hearts & the vermin. I remember MDV mentioning something along those lines in an interview once. Said something like the Hearts fans he met in the street were always well spoken, well educated and tended to be lawyers, doctors - basically professionals. And the Hibs-minded ones, well, they weren't! 

Loads of Jambos in the more affluent areas of the city, no question about that. There are lots out here in the garden county of East Lothian - and down in the Borders too.

Hearts easily outnumber Hibs in West Lothian. The percentage of Hearts fans compared to OF fans has risen immensely in the last 30 years as well. The laddies footy team is mostly Hearts and that would have been unheard of when I was a lad.

The leafy suburb of Corstorphine has probably got more supporters of Edinburgh Rugby than Hibs supporters.

There are quite a few Hearts men in my street and surrounding area, but that's what you would expect from the "establishment team."

It does however annoy me greatly to see a bus picking up Celtic supporters from St John's Road on a match day, the stink they leave behind is rather overwhelming for us more refined people.  :boak:

The leafy suburb of Corstorphine has probably got more supporters of Edinburgh Rugby than Hibs supporters.

There are quite a few Hearts men in my street and surrounding area, but that's what you would expect from the "establishment team."

It does however annoy me greatly to see a bus picking up Celtic supporters from St John's Road on a match day, the stink they leave behind is rather overwhelming for us more refined people.  :boak:

:smugger:

'We' more refined people,actually. Ahem. :scholar:

I stay in stenhousemuir in antonshill we even had a wee supporters club all five of us lol absolutely no vermin round ,and our antonshill hearts flag took pride of place in Bordeaux even captured on the tv cameras a couple times... happy days.

just a stones throw from Tony hill myself, Larbert boy originally, but stay just along the path from you at Roughlands farm area, Rangers & Bairns round about mostly.

As a generalisation In the suburbs going East from Granton to Inch Gilmerton mainly Hibs. Going West from Liberton to Silverknowes mainly Hearts. Centre of town mixed.

Buckstone is crawling with hibs fans for some reason.

Nuke it.

Must have changed a lot since I lived there then.

Its mixed. Theres a group of Hibs fans that come into my local now. They left their last local as they werent being treated like regulars enough. I hate every single one of them.

Waiting Room, Morningside per chance?

The Treasurer

oxgangs is more hibs, i'd say.

SHITE !!!

Bar-ox land is strictly maroon 

At least it was in my day 

It's safe to say there's a large spread of JTs all over Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Naturally there'll be a slightly higher percentage going West but I think our minority in the East is bigger than Hibs minority in the West.

millerjames398

just a stones throw from Tony hill myself, Larbert boy originally, but stay just along the path from you at Roughlands farm area, Rangers & Bairns round about mostly.

Haha tonyhill that's the very place YTHP lol,most of stenny was always the Huns and some falkirk,no hibbys around so falkirk games used to be a good bit banter, for some reason bairns always tried to make out their was some rivalry between us...maybe stealing their manager an two best players back in the 90s didn't help lol

Barnton,cramond and murrayfield has a lot of Hearts supporters.

Well, they would have ;)

Growing up in leith my street of about 15 kids over a three year age range.

12 hearts 1 Rangers 2 Celtic.

Weiry I always thought leith was mainly hearts totally wrongly

Midlothian is solid Hearts.  Penicuik, Loanhead, Bilston, Roslin, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Dalkieth.  All overwhelmingly Hearts, with a few H1b5 in the role of village idiot.

You missed out Danderhall which is  solid Hearts.

I was dragged up in Saughton Mains, was Hearts then, Hearts now and Maroon forever, the was a few scum ( Sergei wannabe's & west coast shite)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bollox.

That sounds a hibs area to me :D

Barnton,cramond and murrayfield has a lot of Hearts supporters.

I would expect nothing less from the denizens of such fine areas of our fair city.

:toff:  :toff:  :toff:

Midlothian is solid Hearts. Penicuik, Loanhead, Bilston, Roslin, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Dalkieth. All overwhelmingly Hearts, with a few H1b5 in the role of village idiot.

Had heard that Nitten was a hubz town?

Archived