Top 3 best and worst Romanov era moments

Jammy T

Guest jambomickey
I'm sure you would have counted it as a PLUS for VR had he won it while playing Tinkerman.

as phil anderton said the fantasy manager hiding in lithuania! when things were going well he was i the directors box every single home game waving the scarf, when he made an ass of things he done what cowards do and stayed away.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov
So Mr Romanov was never involved in signing players until the 8 you refer to? :20: :20: :20:

OK then. :qqb016:

You're not paying attention Therapist, Mr Romanov only managed the losing sides, and signed the crap players.

All the good signings were down to someone else, probably Phil Anderton or Alex Salmond :sorcerer:

Guest jambomickey
You're not paying attention Therapist, Mr Romanov only managed the losing sides, and signed the crap players.

All the good signings were down to someone else, probably Phil Anderton or Alex Salmond :sorcerer:

is everything been rosey under romanov in your opinion? have you not listened to people who've worked behind the scenes?

Drylaw Hearts
So Mr Romanov was never involved in signing players until the 8 you refer to? :20: :20: :20:

OK then. :qqb016:

The big players for us that Season were players already at the Club :

Gordon

Neilson

Pressley

Webster

Hartley

Then there were Burleys boys :

Skacel

Brellier

Bednar

Plus 2 players brought in under VR's influence :

Fysass

Jank

The rest were bit part efforts.

PresidentRomanov
is everything been rosey under romanov in your opinion? have you not listened to people who've worked behind the scenes?

Lifes not always rosey in general Mickey, I think the quicker you accept that the better.

Things have been as good under Romanov, as any other period in my lifetime following Hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
as phil anderton said the fantasy manager hiding in lithuania! when things were going well he was i the directors box every single home game waving the scarf, when he made an ass of things he done what cowards do and stayed away.

You've got all wrong JM....

He's been too busy with UKIOS etc.

Cough.

Skacel

Brellier

Bednar

Correct. Mr Romanov must have had nothing to do with signing those three. It's clear that I just don't get this football malarkey. Fortunately though, I've got you to keep me right.

Cough.

so if romanov has been staying away for another reason, like him being afraid to face the fans while the club was in a mess, why isn't he here when we're having some relative success and there is some stability?

PresidentRomanov
The big players for us that Season were players already at the Club :

Gordon

Neilson

Pressley

Webster

Hartley

Skacel

Brellier

Bednar

Plus 2 players brought in under VR's influence :

Fysass

Jank

The rest were bit part efforts.

Given that Mr Romanov brought in Burley, and actually paid for the lot of them, I fail how to see he had no influence in them coming to the club?

Cough.

Nice one Drylaw. Good to see his **** of a son had the sense to do a runner after his despicable behaviour at the clubs AGM as well.

I see Colin and Justin are tag teaming each other on this thread as well, what a couple of flumps.

PresidentRomanov
Nice one Drylaw. Good to see his **** of a son had the sense to do a runner after his despicable behaviour at the clubs AGM as well.

I see Colin and Justin are tag teaming each other on this thread as well, what a couple of flumps.

He's not the only one who done a runner when the going got tough, do you still think it's a waste of energy following Hearts?

Drylaw Hearts

Roman is a nob.

PresidentRomanov
Roman is a nob.

Agreed, his dad deserves a bit more respect though :th_love:

Guest jambomickey
Lifes not always rosey in general Mickey, I think the quicker you accept that the better.

Things have been as good under Romanov, as any other period in my lifetime following Hearts.

i've already said when burley was here we showed our true potential and romanov deserves credit for that but he then destroyed it!

Nucky Thompson
Agreed, his dad deserves a bit more respect though :th_love:
Spot on picky. Everyone can see Roman is a knob but his old man is the dugs baws:sorcerer: I would go as far as to say that in a few years time Mr Romanov will be looked upon as the best owner Hearts have ever had.

Guest jambomickey
Spot on picky. Everyone can see Roman is a knob but his old man is the dugs baws:sorcerer: I would go as far as to say that in a few years time Mr Romanov will be looked upon as the best owner Hearts have ever had.

hope you're proved right boo but i doubt it myself.

there are no 'bad' moments.... only bits in between 'good' moments.

transpose / invert at will if you are a wrist slasher.

Correct.

Its called being a Jambo !!

ChooChoooooo !!

:qqb007:

PresidentRomanov
i've already said when burley was here we showed our true potential and romanov deserves credit for that but he then destroyed it!

But that wasn't our true potential Mickey, be honest, you're just one of these boys who can't understand why we can't spend millions on players, win the league, and reduce the debt at the same time.

The Burley couple of months was never going to last, the sooner you accept that the better, you're going to spend the rest of your life going on about it.

He's not the only one who done a runner when the going got tough, do you still think it's a waste of energy following Hearts?

Oh, here comes one of them mincing along, which one are you though ?

Who else did a runner ?

Guest jambomickey
But that wasn't our true potential Mickey, be honest, you're just one of these boys who can't understand why we can't spend millions on players, win the league, and reduce the debt at the same time.

The Burley couple of months was never going to last, the sooner you accept that the better, you're going to spend the rest of your life going on about it.

i agree we couldn't continue to spend millions and pay stupid wages! but that doesn't excuse the sacking madness, interference in team selection, and nothing will ever convince me rix or malofeev should have been anywhere near hearts.

PresidentRomanov
i agree we couldn't continue to spend millions and pay stupid wages! but that doesn't excuse the sacking madness, interference in team selection, and nothing will ever convince me rix or malofeev should have been anywhere near hearts.

I'll say it once more, you weren't complaining about interference when we won the Cup, and qualified for the champions league.

And if he wants to interfere us to that again, I won't complain either.

Correct.

Its called being a Jambo !!

ChooChoooooo !!

:qqb007:

quite right.

anyone would think that mister romanov was the first ever hearts owner to oversee some troubled times. it was all a bed of roses before him, innit? never got relegated or anything... never almost went oot the box... never almost had our stadium sold from under our feet by a totally unreasonable and stubborn pie faced knobber...

Guest jambomickey
I'll say it once more, you weren't complaining about interference when we won the Cup, and qualified for the champions league.

And if he wants to interfere us to that again, I won't complain either.

yes i was and wish people would stop saying he got us to the champions league, we were in the qualifiers and failed to make the champions league.

yes i was and wish people would stop saying he got us to the champions league, we were in the qualifiers and failed to make the champions league.

:hobofish:

We were in the UEFA Champions League tournament. Fact.

The first club from outside the OF to do it. Another fact.

Guest jambomickey
:hobofish:

We were in the UEFA Champions League tournament. Fact.

The first club from outside the OF to do it. Another fact.

we were in the qualifiers. fact! and failed to make the champions league.

1. Saving us and ridding of Robinson

2. The Cup win including 02/04/06

3. Qualifying for The Champions League

1. The night Anderton and Foulkes left I did worry what was happening. Fortunately no fears came to fruition.

2. The Malofeev run.

3. Seeing Barassa pull on a maroon jersey.

I wish people would stop saying that when it's obvious wrong. If we didn't qualify for the Champions League what did we qualify for? It was the group stage we failed to reach.

Nucky Thompson
But you had to qualify for the qualifiers. So if we qualify for Europe this year, we won't actually have qualified unless we reach the group stages:freak:

Guest Fabuloso
I wish people would stop saying that when it's obvious wrong. If we didn't qualify for the Champions League what did we qualify for? It was the group stage we failed to reach.

When Scotland have to qualify in an extra game for the World Cup (e.g.Australia, Wales) you'd never say that we'd qualified for the actual world cup would you?

Anyway..

GOOD - Dancing Bears, Strictly Come Dancing, Monkey Nuts,etc

BAD - None. VR is a god and in no way does he make the institution that is HMFC look silly in the slightest.

The qualifiers are part of the Champions League competition.

Guest Fabuloso
The qualifiers are part of the Champions League competition.

Why were they not allowed to play the champions league music then?

that's right.... it's the music that really counts.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
quite right.

anyone would think that mister romanov was the first ever hearts owner to oversee some troubled times. it was all a bed of roses before him, innit? never got relegated or anything... never almost went oot the box... never almost had our stadium sold from under our feet by a totally unreasonable and stubborn pie faced knobber...

Your usual drivel is not normally worth commenting about but on this occasion you are bang on the money.

Victorian speaker of truth and sense...............................and usually pish.

I salute ye................

Salute.jpg

Walter Kidd

Good:

Burley's Autumn

Cup Win

2nd Place

Bad

His autistic fud of a son

Mad Molofeev

Graham Peedo Rix

When Scotland have to qualify in an extra game for the World Cup (e.g.Australia, Wales) you'd never say that we'd qualified for the actual world cup would you?

Anyway..

BAD - None. VR is a god and in no way does he make the institution that is HMFC look silly in the slightest.

Scotland are competing in the World Cup but not the World Cup Finals.

Your usual drivel is not normally worth commenting about but on this occasion you are bang on the money.

Victorian speaker of truth and sense...............................and usually pish.

I salute ye................

Salute.jpg

if you looked like that i would pay a lot more attention to what you say... believe me.

ps. you would have to actually be a woman is what i am meaning.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Surely you mean we...........

Perhaps not though eh.......

Anyway..

Of course you wouldn't but I'd imagine you probably are technically playing in 'The World Cup' competition as stupid as it might sound? I don't know. We were technically playing in the CL when we played AEK in any case.

Guest Fabuloso
Scotland are competing in the World Cup but not the World Cup Finals.

World Cup qualifiers. There's a difference. A big one.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
if you looked like that i would pay a lot more attention to what you say... believe me.

ps. you would have to actually be a woman is what i am meaning.

If i resembled any of that trio i would not be on here conversing with the likes of you now would i.

If i resembled any of that trio i would not be on here conversing with the likes of you now would i.

now that i am having trouble disagreeing with.

Nucky Thompson
Surely you mean we...........

Perhaps not though eh.......

I spotted that as well.

Nucky Thompson
World Cup qualifiers. There's a difference. A big one.
Ok then, have Hubz or any other team in Scotland apart from the OF played in the Champions League qualifiers? The inter tattie is the hobos limit and they even embarrass themselves in that:biglaugh:

Guest Fabuloso
I spotted that as well.

Well spotted guys. Been found out again. I didn't realise 'we' operated the PA system at Murrayfield.

:sorcerer:

GOOD

1. By a mile the historic 4-0 Semi Final (best day as a Hearts supporter since 16/5/98).

2. The Aberdeen 1-0 win at the end of 05-06. The last time the club really felt united at Tynecastle.

3. The appointment of George Burley and the 3 wonderful months that followed.

4. Fingers crossed on this one but the apparent realisation that huge mistakes have been made and that a man with a football background who knows a million times more than the owner about the game is best left alone to help the club achieve in the future.

BAD

1. The abysmal treatment of people who only had HMFC's best interests at heart as well as the arrogance and ignorance of not listening to people who knew far more about the differences in culture and how to channel Romanovs qualities into sustaining a real challenge to the Old Firm rather than peshing the opportunity up against the wall.

2. The scattergun approach to signings that has seen vast sums of money wasted on the likes of Beslija, Makela, Pinilla, Tullberg, Kingston and McCann not to mention some of the ludicrous 5 year contracts handed out to average youngsters and the long list of complete nonsense which include Hackett, Ivaskevicius, Klimek, Kurskis, Pilibaitis, Beniusis, Barasa, Straceny, Costa, Petras, Ksanavicius, Screpis and Basso (I'm sure there are plenty more).

3. The division that the Romanov era has undoubtably caused within the hard core Hearts support. Instead of taking advantage of the feel good factor and the increase in crowds in 05-06 his general approach to taking the club 'forward' has left a lot to be desired and has meant the support is split into 2 (possibly 3) groups.

4. The letdown and completely wasted opportunity of the 06-07 European campaign. After everything Romanov and Hearts achieved by splitting the Old Firm it was a shambolic effort when the big days came about. Ill prepared and having to play Jamie fecking Mole up front, it really was pi** poor.

Guest Fabuloso
Ok then, have Hubz or any other team in Scotland apart from the OF played in the Champions League qualifiers? The inter tattie is the hobos limit and they even embarrass themselves in that:biglaugh:

No they haven't however if any other team got to that stage I'm sure that club would do everything in its power to make sure the team had the best chance of success.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Well spotted guys. Been found out again. I didn't realise 'we' operated the PA system at Murrayfield.

:sorcerer:

Been found out a while ago.

Guest Fabuloso
GOOD

1. By a mile the historic 4-0 Semi Final (best day as a Hearts supporter since 16/5/98).

2. The Aberdeen 1-0 win at the end of 05-06. The last time the club really felt united at Tynecastle.

3. The appointment of George Burley and the 3 wonderful months that followed.

4. Fingers crossed on this one but the apparent realisation that huge mistakes have been made and that a man with a football background who knows a million times more than the owner about the game is best left alone to help the club achieve in the future.

BAD

1. The abysmal treatment of people who only had HMFC's best interests at heart as well as the arrogance and ignorance of not listening to people who knew far more about the differences in culture and how to channel Romanovs qualities into sustaining a real challenge to the Old Firm rather than peshing the opportunity up against the wall.

2. The scattergun approach to signings that has seen vast sums of money wasted on the likes of Beslija, Makela, Pinilla, Tullberg, Kingston and McCann not to mention some of the ludicrous 5 year contracts handed out to average youngsters and the long list of complete nonsense which include Hackett, Ivaskevicius, Klimek, Kurskis, Pilibaitis, Beniusis, Barasa, Straceny, Costa, Petras, Ksanavicius, Screpis and Basso (I'm sure here are plenty more).

3. The division that the Romanov era has undoubtably caused within the hard core Hearts support. Instead of taking advantage of the feel good factor and the increase in crowds in 05-06 his general approach to taking the club 'forward' has left a lot to be desired and has meant the support i split into 2 (possibly 3) groups.

4. The letdown and completely wasted opportunity of the 06-07 European campaign. After everything Romanov and Hearts achieved by splitting the Old Firm it was a shambolic effort when the big days came about. Ill prepared and having to play Jamie fecking Mole up front, it really was pi** poor.[/QUOTE]

Spot on my friend - especially no4.

Archived