Top 3 best and worst Romanov era moments

Jammy T

OK. Bored. A chance for us to unite, fall out and have some lighthearted japes all in the space of one thread. Dont think this has been done before, not looking for opinions on my list, just thoughts on your own.

Good moments (yes, I know, there were quite a few) first, bad second.

GOOD

1. Cup win. Call me old fashioned, and it wasnt quite the achievement of beating Rangers, but a trophy is a trophy and to see Hampden 3/4s full of celebrating Jambos was quite a thing.

2. Going 2-0 up on Celtic NYD. I had NEVER seen Hearts team pump one of the old firm as much as we did that first half and had never felt as elated when that second goal went in. For 80 minutes or so I actually thought we were back in the league title race with a bang and that the Burley sacking hadnt scuppered everything

3. This was a tricky one. At the time it was that night against Aberdeen. To secure second and, at that time, I still thought Romanov was going to have a proper stab at getting into the league stages. I genuinely thought this was Hearts going to another level for good. Now looking back, with everything I know I would say from around 11 am on the day we gubbed Hibs in the semi final. That was, as they say, a perfect day.

BAD

Clearly, narrowing this down to 3 has been hugely difficult :42:

1. Burley sacking. Dont buy anyone or anything said that this left us short term or medium term in a better position. One day after Romanov got full control this was the beginning of the end of Hearts as we knew it, and although he got the benefit of the doubt from me for a good 16 months or so after this, this was just the start of the idiocy which has blighted the last 3 years

2. The Riccarton 3 / treatment of Elvis, Hartley, Gordon. Still an issue which I cant believe splits the Hearts fans so much, but at the time this was all sickening. And to be honest, at the time I think most of us were more onside with the 3 than we are now they have gone. A sickening few weeks at Hearts in my mind. And punishment by public humiliation of being subs etc - Hartley's last 30 second introduction somewhere. Hated it. We might not have won the cup without Romanov but we certainly would not have won it without Elvis leadership, with the support of the other 2 at the lead.

3. The Malofeev era / CIS Cup at Hibs. Ghastly man, ghastly 8 game winless streak and one of the worst embarrassment at Hibs with Robbie on the wing and Hartley as second striker.

Over to youse.....:sorcerer:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

GOOD

1) When he arrived.

2) Everything since. Especially Kestutis.

3) Tough one, probably the monkey rant.

BAD

1) Hearts fans' racism against the noble Lithuanian people.

2) Pressley, and all chest-thumping thereof.

3) Romanov cutting out the rants.

Midloth_Iain

Dont have time to elaborate at the moment but,

Good

1. 4-0 semi final (despite nearly fu**ing it up v Gretna, this was the "real" cup final). The Gretna game was such an anti climax after it.

2. The Burley weeks, all of them .

3. Hearing from New Zealand whilst on holiday that Hearts had qualified for the Champions League.

BAD

1. Burley sacking.

2. Riccarton statement , fallout from same.

3. Frustration and anger at several missed opportunites caused by silly managerial and board level decisions, signings, etc.

Good Mr Romanov moments

1. Saving Heart of Midlothian FC

2. Interfering his way to a Scottish Cup win

3. Interfering his way to a place in the Champions League

Bad Mr Romanov moments

1. Not spotting and getting rid of the cancer that was Presslhey much sooner

2. Appointing Anderton

3. Not being allowed to stand for the Presidency of Lithuania

Good.

1) 4-0 semi.

2) Dundee Unt away 3-0. 4,000 Jambos left the ground buzzing. This was when I really started to "believe"

3) Aberdeen @ home to clinch 2nd

Bad

1) Sacking of the drunk

2) Riccarton 3

3) CIS @ Easter road :42:

Good -

The 4-0 Semi

Winning the Cup

A left side of Skacel and Fysass

Worst

Malofeev period

Appointing Rix

The Beniusus derby at Tynie. Never has a 1-0 defeat been so comprehensive.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Good

1. winning cup (inclusive of the semi)

2. champs league qualification

3. staying at tynecastle

Bad

1. burley/anderton/foulkes/pressley/hartley/gordon leaving

2. wages not being paid

3. rix telling players before game at tannadice he no longer picked the team

Big_Hearts_Runner

1 - Cup Final day, second in my life and a special feeling which only the Jambos could create by making it as exciting/nervous as possible. The roar when the final penalty was missed was something I will never forget.

2 - Going 1-0 up (Miko) against the run of play V AEK at Murryfield, place went NUTS!

3 - 3-2 'pub team' derby when Shiels assaulted Gordon after their pen and Zibbys epic performance, remember chanting 'Zibby Zibby etc' the whole game and pi$$ing myself laughing.

Bad

1 - After getting knocked out of the Cup as holders by Dunfermline, walking back to Dunfermline train station realising how quickly our great side had been dismantled/ sold off.

2 - First game of the season losing 1-0 to Hibs at Tyne on a Monday night with Beniuseless up front and possibly the worst Hearts performance and team Ive seen.

3 - Travelling to Dundee on a cold Tues night with the news of unrest at Hearts and Rix saying he didnt pick the team and all sorts of rumours flying around then the gash performance with bizarre team selection and those two randoms playing, one was called 'Straceny' canny remember the other.

there are no 'bad' moments.... only bits in between 'good' moments.

transpose / invert at will if you are a wrist slasher.

Nucky Thompson

Good

1. Saving HMFC as we know it.

2. Appointing a good manager.

3. Signing a quality of player never seen at Tynie in a long time.

4. Having the Hobos shaking in their shoes as we left them behind.

5. The cup win, more so the semi.

6. The win against Aberdeen to reach the Champions League qualifiers.

Bad

1. Sacking Burley and appointing Rix.

2. The idiots booting Russian hats around for Sky tv.

3. The insecurity over team selection.

there are no 'bad' moments.... only bits in between 'good' moments.

transpose / invert at will if you are a wrist slasher.

In the same way there is no such thing as a bad pint. It's just some are better than others.

good

1- putting 4 past hibs 3 times in one season under 3 different managers of varying ability, the best obviously being the semi final.

2- the appointment of Csaba Laszlo, i really think the man is a genius, it may not be as exciting as the burley era but considering the p**s poor squad he had to work with when he came in and morale was absolute rock bottom i think he's done a great job

3- the belief, in the early days, that we really could be a top team, that we could topple the OF regularly, win trophy's sign the best players with cash direct from romanovs pocket (how naive i was). i was innocent and foolish back then, but as they say ignorance is bliss. i want to BELIEVE like i did then!

bad

1- 1st of january 2006, 3-2 defeat to celtic. sat right behind boruc as he gloated in front of me with neil lennon. i've never felt more like running on a pitch and attacking a player in my life

2- sacking burley, he was the man

3-eduard malofeev, of all the incompetant managers, interim managers and coaches (rix, ivanauskas, frail, robertson, chervenkov, korobotchka, mcglynn) that romanov has hired this one takes the biscuit.

In the same way there is no such thing as a bad pint. It's just some are better than others.

there is such a thing as a bad pint. one you have to buy yourself.

shaun.lawson

Best

1. 2/4/06 TSC Heart of Midlothian 4-0 Hibernian

2. 24/9/05 SPL Heart of Midlothian 1-0 Rangers

3. 15/10/05 SPL Celtic 1-1 Heart of Midlothian

Worst

1. Around 12.30pm on Saturday October 22 2005

2. "The cure may be painful, but we have found the diagnosis".

3. 27/2/08 SPL Heart of Midlothian 0-4 Rangers

Drylaw Hearts

Good :

1) Stopping the Sale of Tynecastle

2) Splitting OF

3) Winning Scottish Cup

Bad :

1) Sacking Burley

2) Forcing Elvis out so Zaliukas could get a regular game in his place

3) Allowing Maloveef within a mile of Riccarton

Ugly :

a.jpg

there is such a thing as a bad pint. one you have to buy yourself.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Even a pint you have to buy is not a bad pint, just not as good as the ones bought for you. I can see where you have gone wrong but when you think about it, you will see I am right.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Even a pint you have to buy is not a bad pint, just not as good as the ones bought for you. I can see where you have gone wrong but when you think about it, you will see I am right.

agreed.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Best -

• The Burley era. Absolutely amazing going to the games and watching us tank teams within 20 minutes. It was ALWAYS sunny as well. Away games were even better than home games! Tannadice was special.

• Winning the Scottish Cup. The Semi was probably my favourite ever footballl day and had a great weekend when we eventually won it.

• Champions League game v Aberdeen. Was a special night and you really had to be there to understand it. Wasn't a dry eye in the house. Have heard stories afterwards saying that you could hear the roar on Princes St and I believe it!

Worst -

• Sacking of Burley. I got a text from a Hobo mate saying he was gone and I thought it was a wind up. Tynecastle was surreal that day and after Foulkes statement I was seriously gutted (Still tanked the pars mind you)

• Romanov picking the team. Think the worst was the CIS game at Easter Road, Robbie Neilson right mid and No. 26 Centre Mid. Never been so anry at a game in all my life.

• Rodneys attitude at the AGM. I seriously thought we were finished after that.

dastardly that was. forcing him against his will to hijack a press conference to embarrass his employer. how was it done? gun to the head? electrodes on the knackers?

Drylaw Hearts

dastardly that was. forcing him against his will to hijack a press conference to embarrass his employer. how was it done? gun to the head? electrodes on the knackers?

??

Eh............without going through all that again..........

If Elvis wasn't being forced out and the Club was being run in a manner that even resembled that of a Professional one then there would have no such Press Conference.

rudi must stay

Good

Results v the OF. We always do well against them now

Scottish Cup win

Getting a champions league place

Bad

Sacking Burley

The League Cup game against Hibs

Selling Hartley to Celtic

Guest jambomickey

GOOD! ridding us of robinson and saving tynecastle, in his first season showing us the true potential of heart of midlothian fc, winning the cup and getting us into the champions league qualifiers. THE BAD! sacking burley and replacing him with rix, the sacking madness and interference, leading us to first ever bottom 6 finish in the league.

c.

??

Eh............without going through all that again..........

If Elvis wasn't being forced out and the Club was being run in a manner that even resembled that of a Professional one then there would have no such Press Conference.

ahhhhh...

so the club was deliberately being run in a chaotic manner for the specific reason of trapping elvis into digging his own grave by holding the riccarton 3 press conference? somehow vlad knew that elvis would fall into his evil genius plan?

gotcha.

Drylaw Hearts
ahhhhh...

so the club was deliberately being run in a chaotic manner for the specific reason of trapping elvis into digging his own grave by holding the riccarton 3 press conference? somehow vlad knew that elvis would fall into his evil genius plan?

gotcha.

Ok.

interference, leading us to first ever bottom 6 finish in the league.

So he wasn't interfering when we won the Scottish Cup and got into the Champions League?

PresidentRomanov
So he wasn't interfering when we won the Scottish Cup and got into the Champions League?

Mr Romanov only interferred in the playing side of the club, when we were losing, I thought everyone knew that :sorcerer:

I cant decide if Rix's wrinkly foreskin face/neck should go in the bad or good coloumn

Opinions?

PS Who was graham rix to moan about interference at least Romanov didnae have a conviction for it. Im not judgin rix either, he'd been living the dream just think its a bit rich.

Guest jambomickey

he was after burley left, rix admitted so and valdas was just a puppet.

Mr Romanov only interferred in the playing side of the club, when we were losing, I thought everyone knew that :sorcerer:

Of course. How could I have been so silly.

PresidentRomanov
he was after burley left, rix admitted so and valdas was just a puppet.

Was that round about the time, when we won the Scottish Cup?

and all that interfering in the signing of cheques to enable players like jankauskas, skacel and fyssas to come.

unless of course burley was paying for them out of his own pocket.

Guest jambomickey
Was that round about the time, when we won the Scottish Cup?

yes but that season could and should have been much better imo!

PresidentRomanov
Of course. How could I have been so silly.

I stand corrected now, Mickey's just confirmed Vlad managed us to our second Cup win in 50 years, how hopeless is he? :sorcerer:

Drylaw Hearts

VR's interference was a disaster when he signed 8 players in Jan '06.

As for the team selection for the remainder of that Season it was the players Pre-Burley and Pre-Rix that got us where we did.

The more VR meddled though the worse it got :

Mole at CF in Athens and the CIS Cup debacle, Bennyuseless v Hibs etc.

PresidentRomanov
yes but that season could and should have been much better imo!

But Vlad is still only one of two managers, to lead Hearts to Cup glory in our lifetime?

What an arsehole he is :sorcerer:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I cant decide if Rix's wrinkly foreskin face/neck should go in the bad or good coloumn

Opinions?

PS Who was graham rix to moan about interference at least Romanov didnae have a conviction for it. Im not judgin rix either, he'd been living the dream just think its a bit rich.

A paedophile on the pay roll at Hearts definitey goes in the bad column. Probably one of the most shamefull episodes in our entire history.

Glamorgan Jambo

The Good

1. Winning the Cup again and allowing me to see HMFC lift silverware for the 1st time 33 years after my first game.

2. Dragging us out of the hole Robinson had left us in re the stadium.

3. Getting it right up the OF especially Murray and the Huns (think of the money they've wasted on Velicka and Websters contracts just so Sir David could try to show he was top dog)

4. Appointing Csaba and backing off so it seems.

The Bad

1. 2 seasons (06/07 and 07/08) of completely nonsensical team and coach selections.

2. His attitude and vindictiveness towards those he perceived to be his enemies e.g. Burley, Elvis and even Stevie Banks.

3. The pyramid system

4. Player 'agency' fees

Drylaw Hearts
I stand corrected now, Mickey's just confirmed Vlad managed us to our second Cup win in 50 years, how hopeless is he? :sorcerer:

Hearts won 5 Cups in the 50 years prior to May 2006 :

2 Scottish Cups and 3 League Cups.

:)

Guest jambomickey
But Vlad is still only one of two managers, to lead Hearts to Cup glory in our lifetime?

What an arsehole he is :sorcerer:

picky he deserves credit for us winning the scottish cup but that's a positive what about the negatives?

As for the team selection for the remainder of that Season it was the players Pre-Burley and Pre-Rix that got us where we did.

Who was picking the team? Or are you suggesting the players had a selection committee or perhaps drew lots to see who was going to play in each game?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I wonder when Vlad will appear on JKB to ruin our lives once again.

Or is he here already ?

Drylaw Hearts
Who was picking the team? Or are you suggesting the players had a selection committee or perhaps drew lots to see who was going to play in each game?

I was referring to their ability.

It certainly wasn't down to the 8 that VR signed or the 3 Rix signed.

PresidentRomanov
Hearts won 5 Cups in the 50 years prior to May 2006 :

2 Scottish Cups and 3 League Cups.

:)

Never thought I'd see you using Hibs talk Drylaw, we both know what the Cup is :20:

I wonder when Vlad will appear on JKB to ruin our lives once again.

Or is he here already ?

anti-lithuanian piece of wrist slitting trolling if you ask me.

Drylaw Hearts
Never thought I'd see you using Hibs talk Drylaw, we both know what the Cup is :20:

I'm sure you would have counted it as a PLUS for VR had he won it while playing Tinkerman.

PresidentRomanov
I'm sure you would have counted it as a PLUS for VR had he won it while playing Tinkerman.

I wouldn't have, only teams who can't win a real Cup count that trophy as a plus :sorcerer:

It certainly wasn't down to the 8 that VR signed or the 3 Rix signed.

So Mr Romanov was never involved in signing players until the 8 you refer to? :20: :20: :20:

OK then. :qqb016:

Archived