Top six - chances now?

H2

Commander Harris
And do I also need to remind you of:

Celtic 5-0 Heart of Midlothian

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2-1 Heart of Midlothian?

FFS, exactly how do you think we ended up 11th and in our worst run of form in living memory in the first place?

3 + 3 + 0 + 0 > 1 :)

Despite being **** poor this season, we could still salvage something out of it.

Heres hoping anyway, 4th is not beyond us, and if one of the old firm win the cup that could be good enough for Europe.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

3rd is possible, yes.

Top 6 is definitely achievable.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I am well aware of the score of both games having been there but clearly you didn't bother to read the post I responded to. You might want to try that next time.

You might want to read my post again:

"Based on the form of this season (and the preceding season)"

Last season we beat Motherwell twice at Fir Park. This season we beat them at Fir Park and they have beaten us at Tynecastle and Fir Park.

Last season Rangers beat us at Tynecastle twice.

There was nothing 'stupid' about my prediction. If we get more than 3 points from the next four fixtures I'll be surprised (but pleased).

You were saying?

portobellojambo1
How many points do you think we will get?

We need to aim for 12, - 8 would be good, 6 keeps us on target.

4 points maximum.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I really hope we make the top 6.

It's just a small thing but I'm pretty proud of the fact we are the only club bar the OF to achieve top 6 status every season.

I'm guessing you don't like Mondays, sounds like Saturdays are getting a bit depressing for you.;)

?rd is a very very tall order, top six is achievable on our own steam. It's good to have a target, no matter what that target is, then there is achievement. We want to win every game, we need to set a target of getting 42 points as soon as possible, that is after the next four games. Tough perhaps, but stranger things have happened, for example Hibs beat us this season - just goes to show nothing is impossible.

I think you need to escape your 'rat trap' before ' someones looking at you' and you 'drag me down'. You might end up in a 'Banana Republic' with 'Dave' or an 'Elephants Graveyard' 'looking after No .1':nooo:

I agree with your analogy totally and ps any links to the Rats songs was a huge fan but all he albums are on vinyl thats 33 1/3 oh how old am I !!!!!!!!

Aslong as we get top 6, we'll finish 3rd, still certain of it.

Motherwell will collapse soon, the fixture backlogs too much and there "squad" is poor other than there first 11. Aberdeen's gash, as are Falkirk and Cally. We're better than Hibs imo, only problem i see really is Utd but i think the amount of games they've got from still being in both cups will take it's toll though.

Hopefully.

I agree with that, i think if we get top 6 we could scrape europe,

Graham Thomson
Better games?

For who?

If it's meaningless, What does it matter if we play Rangers and Celtic again?

Hibs will be bottom 6, I'd rather have another derby.

if you dont understand, no point in trying to explain it to you.......perhaps you would rather play gretna/ st mirren/

Hackney Hearts
And do I also need to remind you of:

Celtic 5-0 Heart of Midlothian

Obviously not. But why not go to the most recent result there (albeit in the CIS)? A 2-0 win.

So 3 out of these 4 matches, when most recently played at those grounds against that opposition, produced victories by 2 clear goals.

We were only talking about FORM in certain matches - we all know it's been a '****ing ****e' season - so I think JR79 had a point.

Having said that, we're just as likely to lose all four....

We'd have to beat BOTH Motherwell and Dundee Utd home and away IMO to get 3rd and we're simply not good enough to do that right now.

4th is a slim possibility as I said. 5th or 6th should be doable. I dont want anyone at the club coming out and saying thats anything like acceptable over the course of a season though. Its not.

Obviously not. But why not go to the most recent result there (albeit in the CIS)? A 2-0 win.

So 3 out of these 4 matches, when most recently played at those grounds against that opposition, produced victories by 2 clear goals.

We were only talking about FORM in certain matches - we all know it's been a '****ing ****e' season - so I think JR79 had a point.

Because quite simply, Celtic have a half arsed attitude to the CIS. Falkirk knocked them out last season at Parkhead, if you recall. Offer Strachan a choice between CIS progress and three points and he'd take the latter every time: and as meritorious as our win there was, I don't think it's even half the achievement of winning at Parkhead in a live league game, which we haven't done since 2005.

Before the start of the 3rd round of matches there was a thread for us to say if we'd get top six and how many points Hearts would get. Some people put down as low as 7 or 8, no doubt they are delighted to be wrong, we have in three games picked up nine points.

We are closing in, only three points behind 5th place Aberdeen, though there is the issue that all the teams around us have games in hand. I still think we will make top six, what do you think?

1 Rangers 23 37 56

2 Celtic 22 36 49

3 Dundee Utd 25 6 39

4 Motherwell 22 4 38

5 Aberdeen 24 -5 33

6 Inverness CT 24 -5 32

7 Falkirk 25 -6 32

8 Hearts 25 -4 30

9 Hibernian 23 0 29

10 St Mirren 23 -20 26

11 Kilmarnock 25 -12 22

12 Gretna 23 -31 13

Top 6 Hearts will finish 3rd:secret:You heard it here first.

Mac_fae_Gillie

we've had this crap all season points in 1st part then losing to the likes of D'utd/killie/fal etc etc...ok we have done better in this part but the team still plays without conviction.

lucky if we gret 1point of OF

we have chance as the 3-7 have lost it a bit,top 6 at split and drive for europe is slim but we need something for the team to aim for(hence that rubbish about intoto cup).

We won't make Europe.

We won't be relegated.

Whether we make the top 6 means nothing to me.

Here's me thinking you were a diehard.

How wrong can you be.

portobellojambo1

I think you may be forgetting that we have been back to Fir Park since winning way back in the league HH, we recently went there in a SC tie and came away on the back of a 1-0 defeat

if you dont understand, no point in trying to explain it to you.......perhaps you would rather play gretna/ st mirren/

I understand.

If it's meaningless I'm not fussy whether we play Rangers at Ibrox or Gretna at Fir park.

What part of that do you not understand?

Here's me thinking you were a diehard.

How wrong can you be.

I'm not a 'diehard' and have never claimed to be. :)

I try to go to as many games as I can.

The 'top 6', 'bottom 6' split is a nonsense nd I've thought that from the first year it was introduced.

badly drawn boy
Before the start of the 3rd round of matches there was a thread for us to say if we'd get top six and how many points Hearts would get. Some people put down as low as 7 or 8, no doubt they are delighted to be wrong, we have in three games picked up nine points.

We are closing in, only three points behind 5th place Aberdeen, though there is the issue that all the teams around us have games in hand. I still think we will make top six, what do you think?

1 Rangers 23 37 56

2 Celtic 22 36 49

3 Dundee Utd 25 6 39

4 Motherwell 22 4 38

5 Aberdeen 24 -5 33

6 Inverness CT 24 -5 32

7 Falkirk 25 -6 32

8 Hearts 25 -4 30

9 Hibernian 23 0 29

10 St Mirren 23 -20 26

11 Kilmarnock 25 -12 22

12 Gretna 23 -31 13