What's the most painful injury you've ever had?

cosanostra

PsychocAndy
Broken humoros in four places

Don't go to those 4 places again then.

Sorry

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another cruciate injury here. Leg planted as I was spinning round and my knee joint almost did a 360. Then some **** booted the ball off me and told me to get up. To cap it off I had to be removed from World of Soccer in a cheapo wheelchair. I still blame their ****ey uneven pitches for my injury.

I also put my tooth into my bottom lip when some fat kid fell on my head during aP2 gym class. That was a close 2nd.

Oooh, Nikki, I can sympathise with you there - same thing happened to me. Most painful thing though was breaking my collarbone in a rallying accident at Knockhill. Ever seen a Mini do a triple somersault? I have - from the inside!

PS: And yes bagger, I remember Breakers - just down the road from me!

I,m just glad the ground was soft, if I had landed on hard ground then I would have prob broke something, my horse Nutmeg stood on my leg as she got up which hurt like hell as she had jumping studs in her shoes!

The Breakers jeez thats a blast from the past, I used to sneak down there when I was young .....

1964597129a7833219217l.jpg

I will let a picture speak for me :44:

Child play.

I snapped my femur (thigh bone) in 2 places when I was younger after being knocked down by a police dog. :th_sad:

The bone pierced through my leg and I was in traction for 8 weeks. :44:

The Morphine was gid tho :smoking:

Bloody hell! What happened? That looks farking painful!

I dropped the top of a coffee table about three feet right onto my wee toe fracturing it. I was only wearing socks. I cannot describe the pain, I was ready to cut my foot off.

It doesn't seem much compared to some of the other stories, but in the same way getting a paper cut can be more painful than slicing your finger chopping carrots, crushing my wee toe was much worse than any other mishap I've had!

I just had a brilliant mental picture of you looking like Oliver Hardy when he had the big bandages on his foot and Stan kept bumping and bashing it. :lol:

county_hospital.jpg

Boiled eggs and nuts anyone?

Optimus Prime

Torn knee ligaments, horrible pain. Has serious shin splints as well which is no fun either.

Child play.

I snapped my femur (thigh bone) in 2 places when I was younger after being knocked down by a police dog. :th_sad:

The bone pierced through my leg and I was in traction for 8 weeks. :44:

The Morphine was gid tho :smoking:

Why did a police dog knock you down?

The above was an injury from playing fives, tore my ACL, snapped my Lateral ligament and broke my leg in one go. Needed to get the two ligaments reconstructed in the end as well as cartlidge tidied up. Was actually not as painful as I expected but more likely due to the fact I was smacked off my face on the morphine for a good while. Attending last seasons first derby 4 days after the op on crutches turned out to be a pretty stupid idea though.

Broke my collar bone in three places at one point which was pretty painful too.

Also had my appendix removed which later got infected and the scar burst open.

ACL scar or maybe a total joint replacement?

I'll go for ACL.

ACL scar or maybe a total joint replacement?

I'll go for ACL.

Just noticed the second scar down the side too.

Why did a police dog knock you down?

The above was an injury from playing fives, tore my ACL, snapped my Lateral ligament and broke my leg in one go. Needed to get the two ligaments reconstructed in the end as well as cartlidge tidied up. Was actually not as painful as I expected but more likely due to the fact I was smacked off my face on the morphine for a good while. Attending last seasons first derby 4 days after the op on crutches turned out to be a pretty stupid idea though.

Broke my collar bone in three places at one point which was pretty painful too.

Also had my appendix removed which later got infected and the scar burst open.

You get the prize for most consistent self hurter.

The most painfull injury iv had is breaking and fracturing my foot at the same time, ohh ya ****er that was painfull.. The worst thing about it was my mum didnt belive me untill my foot started going all blue and black a wee while later.Haha

Iv Also broke my toe and my thumb which was agonny aswel.

I once had a Mitre mouldmaster smashed off my bare thigh playing p5 football at Carrickknowe, the temperature must have been a maximum of -10....

The most painfull injury iv had is breaking and fracturing my foot at the same time, ohh ya ****er that was painfull.. The worst thing about it was my mum didnt belive me untill my foot started going all blue and black a wee while later.Haha

Iv Also broke my toe and my thumb which was agonny aswel.

Breaking and fracturing are the same thing buddy.

Wait, I could be up for a "Radiographers Favourite" award here.

In my 31 years, I've broken:

Ribs (3 times)

Elbow (twice)

Arm

Wrist (twice)

Fingers (4 times)

Foot (twice)

and my earlier mentioned kneecap dislocation(s).

Maybe I should drink more milk.

:cyclist:

I once had a Mitre mouldmaster smashed off my bare thigh playing p5 football at Carrickknowe, the temperature must have been a maximum of -10....

We have a winner. Close the thread.

I stabbed myself in the eye with a pair of scissors while taking staples out of a cupboard.

Sports wise I tore ligaments in my ankle (apparently) playing 5s.

Never knowingly broken anything though.

this_is_my_story

Oooya!! Aye, the old Mouldmasters could fairly do the damage. Just out of interest bertracoon, what year would it have been that you played in the p5 team, if you were playing for Carrick Knowe? Just wondering, as that was the primary school that I attended too.

Oooya!! Aye, the old Mouldmasters could fairly do the damage. Just out of interest bertracoon, what year would it have been that you played in the p5 team, if you were playing for Carrick Knowe? Just wondering, as that was the primary school that I attended too.

Wasnae Carrickknowe, I was at Corstorphine but we had to play at CKnowe as our playground was all concrete. Think I still have Mitre tattooed on my leg from it!

Wait, I could be up for a "Radiographers Favourite" award here.

In my 31 years, I've broken:

Ribs (3 times)

Elbow (twice)

Arm

Wrist (twice)

Fingers (4 times)

Foot (twice)

and my earlier mentioned kneecap dislocation(s).

Maybe I should drink more milk.

:cyclist:

And the Academy's special award for lifetime achievement goes to I.J. :biggrin:

Incompetnce

Never broken any bones (that I know of) but had shin splints which weren't too fun, and took my big toe nail off when I toe poked a football. Pishing blood it was.

ME:

Using a vertical drill, drillbit got stuck in a hidden knot in a piece of wood which then spun round, dislocating my thumb.

At work, crushing my thumb under a machine clamp at 1500 pound per square inch. Took 6 months for the nail to come off.

Broken several toes over the years due to rugby/football/fighting injuries.

My mates:

One mate when pished thought it would be funny to jump into a huge hedge. His only mistake was not seeing the iron fence hidden inside the hedge, which just happened to have spikes on the top of it. Chest pierced by two of them. 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung, 2 months in hosptial.

Same mate, years later is in the fire brigade. A few months ago, he was standing at the back of his engine when the ladder slid off the back and gubbed him in the face. pushed the four front teeth on his lower jaw all the way into his gums, broke his nose and made a right mess of his lips. Spent another 2 months undergoing dental surgery to fix it.

And finally my wee brother, who at the age of 15 had an unfortunate encounter with an armoured window, one of the ones with wire inside. He was playing a game at Scouts and slid when trying to make a turn at the end of the church hall. Window broke and he fell through. When he was pulled back through what was left of the window, one of the wires cut him to the bone from wrist to elbow. Blood everywhere. Skin almost toally de-gloved like somthing you see in films. Spent 2 years having various surgery and physiotherapy. Still has nerve damage to that arm and has the most awesome scar you'll ever see.

Bindy Badgy

Broke my arm falling off a rope swing when I was six. This wasn't one of your hairline fracture breaks. This was multiple shards of bone being snapped off, six months in plaster and a ****load of rehabilitation afterwards..

Broken humoros in four places

Now that's funny.

Seriously i snapped my humorous bone whilst arm wrestling ended up hospitalised for 4 days getting a plate inserted.

Have to say though the most painful thing i've experienced is a perforated eardrum, absolute torture.

Legend Claws

ive had torsion in my nads. agony. i feel sick thinking about it. had

Cycling home from my old man's boozer when i was about 17, i thought it would cool to go down a kerb with no hands on the handlebars. I bumped down, the front wheel spun so it was perpendicular with the frame and the bike stopped dead throwing me forward over the handles.

I put my left leg forward to try and stop myself and my knee bent backwards at the joint (aaaarggghh!!!).

I landed on the bike frame and broker 2 posterior ribs and my collar bone, all on my left side.

Most painful thing i've ever done.

Over to you.

Dislocated kneecap playing football for my school. That one hurts, a lot.

Not quite injury, but I got the mumps a couple of years ago when I was 22. THAT was worse.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Came off my motorbike 11years ago,was wearing good boots which protected my lower leg but forced the break 3" above the knee..

Also cracked my hip bone,had to have a nail put down the inside of my thigh bone and pinned at the knee and hip,also had a plate on the hip.

After 1 year had operation to remove nail ouch again...

couldn't sleep on anything but back for 4months and had physio 1day after operation to help with knee montion which hurt like hell.

but that pain is nothing compared to stumping your toe on the bedleg...

Came off my motorbike 11years ago,was wearing good boots which protected my lower leg but forced the break 3" above the knee..

Also cracked my hip bone,had to have a nail put down the inside of my thigh bone and pinned at the knee and hip,also had a plate on the hip.

After 1 year had operation to remove nail ouch again...

couldn't sleep on anything but back for 4months and had physio 1day after operation to help with knee montion which hurt like hell.

but that pain is nothing compared to stumping your toe on the bedleg...

Physio's are evil evil people:44:

Was going 3 times a week for 9 months from 3 days after the operation and god it was hard work:44:

peckhamjambo

I was stabbed three times in the chest in a fight outside a nightclub on the Old Kent Road about 5 years ago. Some guys mistook me for a gang member/drug dealer and I became embroiled in a turf war.

Was lucky to survive really, but they make us tough in SE London!

In all seriousness, worst pain was probably slicing a 4 inch gash on my foot on the glass of a clip board frame! Went for stitches and the doc in A&E put the anaesthetic needle INTO the wound to anaethetise it. The needle entering the wound compounded with the pain already felt from the cut, was excrutiating. The moron doing it didn't help by constantly telling me to 'keep my foot still'! Yeah, right Doc! First time I had shed a tear since watching Titanic at the cinema!! Haha!

Taking a knock-out blow from a big brute of a Polish bouncer, knocking me flat out and breaking my collar bone on impact with the pavement.

Midloth_Iain

The Friday before a Scottish Cup semi final (schools), we were allowed to go home early to get some rest. I decided to go out with my mate on our BMX bikes.

Hit a brick on some grassy area, went over the handle bars and bike landed on me, fracturing my collar bone. P.E.Teacher/ manager not impressed !!:th_sad:

Also , once shut the car door on my thumb, I saw the blood spray up the window before I felt the pain :44:

have probably 2.

1st i was a kid and the ice cream van came mum sent me to get couple of bottles of juice (glass ones at that time) i had put them like the milk man 2 in each hand between your fingers running up the stairs and i tripped two smashed in my left hand cutting my knuckle open on my pinkie. then trying to tell my auld man i had broken the juice.

2nd I was playing football when i was running down the wing some guy tried a slide tackle i jumped over him and popped my knee went to hospital i had torn my ACL and also my meniscus absolute agony my knee was locked in a 45 degree angle and trying to drive the car was almost impossible.

have probably 2.

1st i was a kid and the ice cream van came mum sent me to get couple of bottles of juice (glass ones at that time) i had put them like the milk man 2 in each hand between your fingers running up the stairs and i tripped two smashed in my left hand cutting my knuckle open on my pinkie. then trying to tell my auld man i had broken the juice.

2nd I was playing football when i was running down the wing some guy tried a slide tackle i jumped over him and popped my knee went to hospital i had torn my ACL and also my meniscus absolute agony my knee was locked in a 45 degree angle and trying to drive the car was almost impossible.

You drove a car with an ACL tear :0 .

:stupid:

Billy the Jambo

When i was 18 i was working as a warehouse assistant at an ironmongers near easter road .One morning me and a few other workmates were loading a lorry the forklift was putting the heavy stuff on .Then came this heavy barsteward of a display cabinet we dragged it off the forklift and had to get it down flat on the lorry a couple of workmates pushed it and it landed on my foot .Blood was fecking everywhere and i am screaming like a bitch my workmates killing themselves laughing .Boss took me to hospital and my big toe was crushed .I had to get it amputated now that is pain

Dropped one of those iron drain lids on my foot when I was wee. It crushed my big toe and took the nail off but would have destroyed the toe completely if it weren't for my trainers apparently.

Excruciating!

ME:

Using a vertical drill, drillbit got stuck in a hidden knot in a piece of wood which then spun round, dislocating my thumb.

At work, crushing my thumb under a machine clamp at 1500 pound per square inch. Took 6 months for the nail to come off.

Broken several toes over the years due to rugby/football/fighting injuries.

My mates:

One mate when pished thought it would be funny to jump into a huge hedge. His only mistake was not seeing the iron fence hidden inside the hedge, which just happened to have spikes on the top of it. Chest pierced by two of them. 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung, 2 months in hosptial.

Same mate, years later is in the fire brigade. A few months ago, he was standing at the back of his engine when the ladder slid off the back and gubbed him in the face. pushed the four front teeth on his lower jaw all the way into his gums, broke his nose and made a right mess of his lips. Spent another 2 months undergoing dental surgery to fix it.

And finally my wee brother, who at the age of 15 had an unfortunate encounter with an armoured window, one of the ones with wire inside. He was playing a game at Scouts and slid when trying to make a turn at the end of the church hall. Window broke and he fell through. When he was pulled back through what was left of the window, one of the wires cut him to the bone from wrist to elbow. Blood everywhere. Skin almost toally de-gloved like somthing you see in films. Spent 2 years having various surgery and physiotherapy. Still has nerve damage to that arm and has the most awesome scar you'll ever see.

Was this at MacDonald Rd? If it's the same guy the ladder did not slide off, he was putting it back onto the appliance on his own when its a 2 man job and he let it slip right into his mouth. Must have hurt!!

My worst injury was a fractured pelvis after falling off my horse, the worst bit being that they didn't know it was that bad and because we were up a mountain I had to get back on and ride to the stables before going to hospital. Quite a few horse-related incidents on this thread!

Broke my fib, tib and dislocated my ankle in a tackle playing 5's at the Corn Exchange 3 years ago. After waiting 45 mins on an ambulance, I had to get it reset on the pitch because the circulation had been cut off to my foot.

The worst bit was yet to come though. Whilst in the hospital outside the x-ray room, I was lying on a bed with my leg in a padded support brace type thing hanging over the end of the bed....... a porter came along through the double doors ahead of me and crashed his trolley into my leg = Cue me screaming like a lassie!

glandular fever, tonsillitis and an abscess on my tonsils at the same time. In the hospital for 6 days, couldn't swallow for 2 days.

You just dont realise how many times you swallow until you have something wrong with your throat.

Adi Dassler
Broke my fib, tib and dislocated my ankle in a tackle playing 5's at the Corn Exchange 3 years ago. After waiting 45 mins on an ambulance, I had to get it reset on the pitch because the circulation had been cut off to my foot.

The worst bit was yet to come though. Whilst in the hospital outside the x-ray room, I was lying on a bed with my leg in a padded support brace type thing hanging over the end of the bed....... a porter came along through the double doors ahead of me and crashed his trolley into my leg = Cue me screaming like a lassie!

I seem to remember you pleading with somebody to knock you out such was the pain.

Horrific injury.

I can still hear the scream when you went down.

You were talking some mince in the ambulance.

:laugh:

tosheeturtle

When I was in P7 i broke the two bones in my lower arm... with one of the bones apparently tyring its best too come out of my skin... lucky i didnt notice as I was in so much pain and everyone around me thought it best not to tell me about that bit!!

Anyway exactly 8 weeks later i was in hospital again as i had fallen off my bike and knocked myself out... "apparently" (as I have no idea what happened) the bike went one way and my body went the other with my head smacking off the ground (no helmet... I have learnt my lesson)!! The only thing i remember that day was that in the morning i recieved a letter from the hospital asking if i could fill in a survey about my treatment i recieved when i broke my arm lol

tommythejambo

Chipped a bone in my leg playing rugby when I was in second year.

Never got it seen to and totally forgot about it until one day I caught the exact bit of my leg that I done it to on a metal stool, that was very painful.

Sheiky Baby

Getting shot in the balls with a pellet gun (metal) wasn't nice

Also getting smacked in the face with a 2 seater swing and having my front tooth knocked out

sare yin!!

Broken my arm 3 times, which was fairly sore.

Much worse was playing football the other month and getting the ball volleyed straight into my testicles. Got home to find out my areas had turned black and blue. So decided to go to hospital, of course, I had to drive as my girlfriend had had a bottle of wine and found it hilarious

Sawdust Caesar

Getting the root in a tooth killed without anaesthetic. My uncle was my dentist and I got free dental treatment from him up until I was about 22 which I think the old scrote resented because he never gave me any injections before drilling etc. He jabbed the nerve with a wee spike type thing and I jumped about 2 feet of the chair and took a whitey. Decided to pay for proper treatment after that.

A very close second his getting a penile swab, I reacted the same was as the tooth. The nurse had me leaning out of the window cos I thought I was going to faint and vomit at the same time.

I had arthritis in my left hip and the last 4 years before they gave me a hip replacement was agony, not a sharp excruciating pain but one that was pretty constant 24/7.The same with the sciattica I had for 5 years before the op on that.

PsychocAndy

Had a wound inspection on my stump, no pain killers no nothing just cotton wool and bandages that they ripped off along with the scab. That was a kit of a bunt.

Archived