What's the most painful injury you've ever had?

cosanostra

Cycling home from my old man's boozer when i was about 17, i thought it would cool to go down a kerb with no hands on the handlebars. I bumped down, the front wheel spun so it was perpendicular with the frame and the bike stopped dead throwing me forward over the handles.

I put my left leg forward to try and stop myself and my knee bent backwards at the joint (aaaarggghh!!!).

I landed on the bike frame and broker 2 posterior ribs and my collar bone, all on my left side.

Most painful thing i've ever done.

Over to you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a black nail doing some DIY when I hit my index finger with a hammer. There cannot be anything more painful than that. :th_sad: Even child birth.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

probably in primary school when i was running out for break time, tripped down stairs fractured my leg, far too enthusiastic for a game of british bulldogs!

Surley getting hit in the baws with a piledriver at 5s? There's nothing more painful than that. Fact.

I got a black nail doing some DIY when I hit my index finger with a hammer. There cannot be anything more painful than that. :th_sad: Even child birth.

The door of my washing machine fell off once onto my big toe, it's probably about 10lbs in weight and it landed on the outer metal rim. That shot of pain I got had tears in my eyes and me jumping about and swearing like a lunatic. Probably quite similar to a hammer blow on a digit.

Dislocated knee cap.

:44:

How did you do that?

You know that there's a pretty good chance that it'll dislocate again some time?

The door of my washing machine fell off once onto my big toe

Sorry Cosa, but that's funny. :smoking:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Fell over a wall once landing on my arm and broke it.

Wasn't that sore but the metal plate and 7 inch scar ****ing hurt!

I had really bad bruising of the ribs when my horse fell on me during a cross country competition.

How did you do that?

You know that there's a pretty good chance that it'll dislocate again some time?

Playing fitba at uni squire.

And it has done. Twice.

:sick:

Malcolm Tucker

And it has done. Twice.

I'm sad that our 50-50 which ended up in your knobbled elbow isn't there I must say.

Adi Dassler

Broken jaw.

Getting the pins pulled out your gums with no anasthaetic is horrific.

They're about an inch long.

I wouldnae wish it on anybody.

I'm sad that our 50-50 which ended up in your knobbled elbow isn't there I must say.

Aye, as radial head fractures go, that was no picnic it must be said.

Still played on though, didn't I?

And it has done. Twice.

I thought it might.

Kneecaps are horrendous for repeat dislocation. Quite painful as well so i've heard. After it's dislocated once, the integrity of the joint is vastly reduced.

I hope the radiographers didn't hurt you too much mate.

Malcolm Tucker

Still played on though, didn't I?

You did, you big machine you.

Carl Fredrickson

Aged 15 i stopped playing Boys Club football and played for an amatuer team instead (Breakers Cafe of Birkenside for those old enough to mind it)

On a frozen winter pitch, as a goalie, i would wear jogging bottoms. This particular day i came out to gather a through ball, and as I went to ground a forward came in with his studs up.

I grabbed the ball, got thumped and felt an awful blinding pain in my groin area. I put my hands down instinctively to check things were still there and my white glove turned red.

Stretchered off and in the changing room my joggers and underwear wear removed to reveal :asshole: a hornendous gash in my scrotum. :qqb001:

:boak:

I fainted.

8 stitches were required and I hope never to feel pain like that again.

The People's Chimp

Broken leg, skiing accident age 13. It broke right through the tibia and fibula but i was young enough and the break was clean enough, to avoid pins.

I have to say the time i was playing sixes on the grass and caught a stud in the grass and twisted my knee, which popped and which immediately grew to about 3 times its normal size was a close second.

Chad Sexington

Collapsed lung.

It's not so much the collapsed lung that's painful, it's the dirty great chest drain they stick between your ribs to re-inflate the lung.

Very nasty.

Aged 15 i stopped playing Boys Club football and played for an amatuer team instead (Breakers Cafe of Birkenside for those old enough to mind it)

On a frozen winter pitch, as a goalie, i would wear jogging bottoms. This particular day i came out to gather a through ball, and as I went to ground a forward came in with his studs up.

I grabbed the ball, got thumped and felt an awful blinding pain in my groin area. I put my hands down instinctively to check things were still there and my white glove turned red.

Stretchered off and in the changing room my joggers and underwear wear removed to reveal :asshole: a hornendous gash in my scrotum. :qqb001:

I fainted.

That's the winner so far.

Jeeeeeeez.

I fainted.

289959670_1d4aa3edde.jpg

Shattered my heel jumping a small fence after 1 2 many

Also broke/bruized a few ribs after slipping on the dancefloor in Berlin

The Comedian

I've dislocated & broke my arm at the same time. I also smashed the same elbow a few years previous. A special mention to broken fingers, the doctors do nothing for ya, they really hurt. I have now learned to punch right.

heartgarfunkel
Surley getting hit in the baws with a piledriver at 5s? There's nothing more painful than that. Fact.

Aye there is - same thing happened to me when in goals, indoor, Meadowbank. Collapsed into net, then smashed the top of my napper off the underside of the metal crossbar when staggering to my feet. Double whammy!:wheelchair:

rudi must stay

was cycling as well. didn't look where i was going and i cycled straight into a lamp-post. That hurt alot

blondejamtart
I had really bad bruising of the ribs when my horse fell on me during a cross country competition.

Oooh, Nikki, I can sympathise with you there - same thing happened to me. Most painful thing though was breaking my collarbone in a rallying accident at Knockhill. Ever seen a Mini do a triple somersault? I have - from the inside!

PS: And yes bagger, I remember Breakers - just down the road from me!

Guest jambomickey
Oooh, Nikki, I can sympathise with you there - same thing happened to me. Most painful thing though was breaking my collarbone in a rallying accident at Knockhill. Ever seen a Mini do a triple somersault? I have - from the inside!

PS: And yes bagger, I remember Breakers - just down the road from me!

BLOND MOMENTS BLONDIE.:smoking:

Tearing my cruciate ligament and basically messing up everything else in the knee. Screamed like a girl.

alwaysthereinspirit

Most painful injury was a broken ankle.

Most painful anything. Kidney stones. Four seperate times, years apart.

Most painful anything. Kidney stones. Four seperate times, years apart.

For some reason, women seem to cope with that pain better than men. I've heard it's brutal for guys.

For some reason, women seem to cope with that pain better than men.

Nonsense. They whine about broken nails and headaches, never mind more serious stuff like a chesty cough. :44:

Nonsense. They whine about broken nails and headaches, never mind more serious stuff like a chesty cough. :44:

Seriously, women do cope better, especially older women.

One of the procedures we do is called lithotrypsy and it involves electric shocks to break the stones into smaller stones that can be passed. Men can rarely cope as well as women for some reason. I've seen young guys absolutley blubbering because of the dementing effect that the pain can have.

abcess in tooth.

thats the worst pain ever :44:

5 weeks of pain, 3 corses of antibiotics and the lose of 4 teeth,countless injections and pain killers that never touched the pain...

Never in my life have i felt pain like that,it was worse than child birth:11600:

conn artist

Still played on though, didn't I?[/quote

thats mine right there. came flying off my bike arm down to stop me and then popped it.

i recieved terrible crush inuries to fingers 1 2 3 4 on my left hand, during my wifes labour.:qqb018:

Jumped to try to intercept a ball at fives, landed on one leg and my knee bent back the wrong way, tearing my cruciate ligament. Agony.

Slid on ice and burst a tin of soup i had in the bag with my back... Couldnt breathe, still sore sometimes..:44:

Broke my wrist at same time and that wasnt as sore....

I was drilling a hole in a pipe when the drill bit jammed causing the drill to turn 360 degrees tearing the ligaments in my hand and breaking my thumb,still brings a tear to my eye.

this_is_my_story
Tearing my cruciate ligament and basically messing up everything else in the knee. Screamed like a girl.

Feeling your pain mate! Same thing happened to me a few years ago playing 5's, I did not think that level of pain was physically possible. I didn't think I could scream so loud either!! Horrendous.

alwaysthereinspirit
For some reason, women seem to cope with that pain better than men. I've heard it's brutal for guys.

It's difficult to explain the severity of the pain to others.

A friend of my wifes has had 3 kids and kidney stones. She says she'd rather have another kid than another stone.

2 things are kind of joint first for me.

when i was 14 we used to play "ice-hockey" in the garden with a hand sized ball and golf clubs. there was no problem all that summer till my shinty playing cosin from iverness joined in and , not understanding the NO CLUBS KNEE HEIGHT RULE, put a 3 wood right in my gob. the ten teeth in the front were prety much shattered. I was holding a pile of teeth just like a cartoon character in my hand ,bleeding like hell and trying not to kill Neil who was standing there, offending club in hand, saying "are you alright?". I spent the next 4 years going to the dentist at least twice a week and got to the stage where he could work on my exposed nerves without me taking a jag or gas. he told me whne I was 21 I would get a crown on the national health no problem. You know , without me telling you, that he was lying and you cannot imagine the pain of having to find ?600 in the 70's to pay for your teeth as a tax dodging student.

Now that pain ranks equal with the one I got when my girlfriend of 3 weeks father ( now wife and f-i-l) asked me to help him move the 25' I section girder that was to be the lintel for his Sun-lounge windows. I was walking backwards and he was at the other end. I tripped/was pushed and ended up with severely sore manhood , note the over dramatic severe understatement, trying to curse him sounding live Alvin chipmunk. My sons don't believe he meant it i am not so sure

Never broken a bone TFFT, but pancreatitis creates a bit of extreme discomfort.

First time I got it the pain started to build in the night, about 3am I was on my knees begging the wife to take me to A&E, by the time we got there I was seeing blobs of colour and was totally unable to stand still, wriggling around trying (in vain) to find a position that was more comfortable.

I remember thinking "this is it, I am definitely going to die here, but right now that wouldn be a relief".

I was standing up and I could feel a tap,tap,tap on my chest - i looked down and saw a river of sweat pouring off my chin like a tap.

3 syringefulls of pethydine and morphine finally eased the agony.

I dropped the top of a coffee table about three feet right onto my wee toe fracturing it. I was only wearing socks. I cannot describe the pain, I was ready to cut my foot off.

It doesn't seem much compared to some of the other stories, but in the same way getting a paper cut can be more painful than slicing your finger chopping carrots, crushing my wee toe was much worse than any other mishap I've had!

Angry Haggis

Done a few painful breaks and scrapes over the years but the one for me was a chap I work with....

Basically he was running down a set of stairs, lost his footing and fell over non-spectacularly. He got up screaming in agony (the next bit is not for the faint hearted..)

Basically he had twisted his nads around one another on the fall- trip to the hospital in agony for some minor surgery to repair. Apparently it?s pretty common..Oucha

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Gum abcess and blocked sinuses are my two most painful experiences ever

Doesnt beat a gashed bawbag though!!

Archived