What's the most painful injury you've ever had?

cosanostra

Nicholas Brody

Broke my ankle and three toes playing rugby and because of this had to get one of my toenails removed:58: Ended up getting it surgically removed.Three injections in the toe to numb it usually but i took five.:44: That was awful but then the 'feel' of the toenail coming off was disgusting, especially as they cut through the thick bit right at the bottom. Only have nine toenails left now! :wheelchair:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You drove a car with an ACL tear :0 .

:stupid:

yeah i did didnt have any choice lucky it was an automatic:stupid::stupid::stupid:

Stuart Lyon

In a RTA 1980 idiot driving south on the A1 just north of Alnwick was overtaking 3 cars and collided with mine on my side of the road. Separated the the engine compartment from the rest of the car (the engine and front axle stopped about 50 yards further up the road). I managed to get out of the car but fell down almost immediately. The impact caused the seatbelt to rupture my small intestine. I felt every bump in the road to Alnwick hospital where they decided I needed to go to Newcastle. Needless to say that journey was very painful too.

Breaking and fracturing are the same thing buddy.

well that's what the lovely looking nurse told me..

Malinga the Swinga

Sounds stupid but when I was about 8 or 9, playing putting in Leith Links and threw the pin down on one of the holes. Didn't really notice the pain till I tried to move as I had thrown it right through my shoe and foot and was pinned to ground.

Pain pulling the thing out was a whole lot worse than when it went in. Still, got some time off school as a result.

well that's what the lovely looking nurse told me..

She obviously was pretty clueless if she told you that mate.

Fracture is the medical term for break.

From time to time my knees lock. Theres a bit of cartillage that slips between my knee bone and shin bone and this causes tears in the meniscus, not to mention the pain when every time you move it's jamming between these two bones! Not good :(

Was this at MacDonald Rd? If it's the same guy the ladder did not slide off, he was putting it back onto the appliance on his own when its a 2 man job and he let it slip right into his mouth. Must have hurt!!

Aye. Same guy.:stupid:

rossaldinho

Banged my wee toe off a laptop that was lying on the floor and was bleeding like hell. Cue the involuntary "banged toe" dance with some random noises coming from me. Not the most painful thing here but this hurt like a female dog.

Or when I thought it was a good idea on the school ski trip to do a flip from one bed to another and bounced off the other bed and head first into the wall. One of my teeth had pierced my lip and was peeing blood. :disappointed:

I suppose I'm lucky as I've never broken anything and have never had stitches to wounds or done myself a serious damage.

I once had an inner ear infection and the pain was ridiculous. It felt like someone was shoving a red hot poker in my ear. A 5 day stay in hosp (the old City) and a morphine pump! I've given birth twice with no drugs at all and would do it again any day of the week rather than have that ear infection back!

Course theres nothing sorer than standing on an upturned plug in your barefeet!

blondejamtart
I suppose I'm lucky as I've never broken anything and have never had stitches to wounds or done myself a serious damage.

I once had an inner ear infection and the pain was ridiculous. It felt like someone was shoving a red hot poker in my ear. A 5 day stay in hosp (the old City) and a morphine pump! I've given birth twice with no drugs at all and would do it again any day of the week rather than have that ear infection back!

Course theres nothing sorer than standing on an upturned plug in your barefeet!

Ah but Jenny, as any of our male Kickbackers will no doubt point out, giving birth without any drugs is a breeze!! :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Ah but Jenny, as any of our male Kickbackers will no doubt point out, giving birth without any drugs is a breeze!! :whistling:

Said it before but I'll say it again.

Giving birth is not in the same league of pain as getting the feared 'sack tap' FACT.

Boaby Ewing

The weird thing is, all the injuries I've had that required a quick trip to a+e haven't hurt that much.

It's the wee things which generally only smart for a few minutes that are a barsteward.

a+e trips:

Dislocated finger toy fighting with my bro aged 6 -- didn't even realise until I stopped. Put my hand down on the table where I'd been called by my Dad telling us to cut it out. The old fella almost fainted when he saw the angle my finger was hanging at.

Deep gash in my knee from a stone/piece of glass when playing primary school football. Didn't notice until the ref/headmaster asked why the top of one of my socks was red.

Chipped elbow bone after shooting over the handlebars of my bike whilst racing down steps up Corstorphine Hill. Tried to ride home thinking it was just jarred.

Face-planting into a tree when mountain-biking down in Innerleithen - got up laughing until I saw the look on my mate's faces. Broken nose, split eyebrow, ripped top lip, black eye. Granted, that one was probably the adrenalin, but I made it to my 18th birthday party the following night.

Headbutting a lead statue of a ballerina in Seattle whilst pished... was walking backwards across an elevated walkway shouting to a mate who was heading the opposite way. Pivotted round thinking there was another 5 metres to the end to find myself in mid-air and proceeded to plummet down 20 steps (still on my feet) stopping myself by grabbing the statue's ta-tas. Unfortunately I was carrying too much momentum and stuck the nut on it.

Got up thinking no-one had noticed, dusted myself down and tried to make a sharp exit... until a litre or so of blood started to pour down my face.

Now - wee things:

Sprinting out of the saddle on my bike, managed to pull my foot out of my SPDs and rammed the top of my knee at full pelt into a tiny wee exposed bolt thread on my break levers. Collapsed in a heap with the other foot still attached to the bike, unable to breath properly or speak for 5 minutes.

Cramping at football. ankle felt a bit tight whilst playing last Saturday so I decide to pivot it on the ground whilst the ball was out for a throw. Cue my calf locking solid and me letting out the kind of screech generally reserved for finding out you're being bummed by your flatmate (see other thread). absolutely fine 5 seconds later but if there's a more immediate, shocking kind of pain I'll lop my ****** off.

Stubbing your wee toe. We've all been there. You're fine after 60 seconds but the initial impact smarts like very little else.

Had many a trip to a & e with fractures and cuts.

But, by far and away the worst pain I've felt was when some student made a mess of giving me a lumbar puncture. I was asked by the neurologist ( I think ) if I minded the student carrying out the procedure and gave the all clear. He was rooting about for ages before the Doctor had to jump in and take over.

Walter Bishop

I was playing boys football for livingston thistle under 15`s away to St Ninians in stirling, it was ****ing down and tackles were flying in everywhere i sythed down the biggest guy in there team expecting to get a yellow i stood up and turned to face him, he was flying through the air and headbutted me full force, i had a fractured cheekbone,my eye was burst open but closed shut and my lip and gum were split!!! Agony to say the least :44::44::44:

To make matters worst I then woke up in hospital to be told when i was being carried off the ref gave me a red card!!!!

My Sub-arachnoid Brain Haemmorage on 21/7/2000.

Pain of the highest order,hope none of you experience it!

Pulled a random bird one night 4-5 years ago and went back to hers and done the business, got woken up in the middle of the night with her wanting seconds, she just jumped on top and the next thing I knew was this excruciating pain! She hadn't warmed herself up and she had torn my foreskin! Only way I could pee for the next week was when I was in the bath as it didn't sting!

deesidejambo

During my vasectomy the surgeon didn't have a proper grip of the tube that connects the nad to wherever it is connected to so when she snipped it, it flew across the room and the assistant had to go loking for it.

It wasn't painful at all but I still fainted at the sight.

PsychocAndy
Had a wound inspection on my stump, no pain killers no nothing just cotton wool and bandages that they ripped off along with the scab. That was a kit of a bunt.

Broke my ankle and three toes playing rugby and because of this had to get one of my toenails removed:58: Ended up getting it surgically removed.Three injections in the toe to numb it usually but i took five.:44: That was awful but then the 'feel' of the toenail coming off was disgusting, especially as they cut through the thick bit right at the bottom. Only have nine toenails left now! :wheelchair:

See above Hammy, 4 toes 3 toenails, ya big Jessie:biglaugh:

these smilies are rank

mines would either be when i was 15 playing football for my local boys club in goals, i came out to kick the ball clear before the striker got there but he followed through and caught my ankle i was in complete agony, i got stretchered off to hospital to be told my ankle was shattered. i had to get pins inserted to rebuild my ankle. it has never been the same since.

or it could be when i was about 10 we built a ramp for our bikes, so we would jump off the ramp and try and clear the kerb, only i hit the kerb with my front wheel went flying over the handle bars, smashed my 2 front teeth out and broke my nose. i never knew my nose was broken until about 3 years ago when i started having problems with my nose as the bone has been growing in the way instead just straight. the doctor said at some point i must have broken my nose eventualy i traced back to then. ahhhh the pain.:44:

A slipped disc in my back.

Short of having your legs ripped off, I refuse to believe there's anything more painful or debilitating. At its worst it took me close to 2 hours to get from my room to the toilet (which usually only takes a matter of seconds). Had to give up and just use a pish pot for a week. Luckily the painkillers constipated me a little so only ever had to go for a sheight once during the first week, and even that had to be done with me standing up with a black bin liner in the bathroom sink. Hell, took me about 30 mins just to get out of bed.

You lose every bit of dignity as my wife had to wipe my arse. I tip my hat to her as had the shoe been on the other foot, I would probably have boaked my load wiping someone else’s arse. It really was that bad.

Too long ago now for comfort I played in the East of Scotland league.

I went into a tackle and that was the last I recall. The other Guy ran into me and embarassingly enough it wasnt the tackle it was my own team mate who is blind as a bat and as we were playing under flood lights lost the ball in flight.

Result brokenjaw/depressed cheekbone fracture and bottom teeth burst through the underside of my lip. In hospital for a week and as a young father of three at the time being self employed had no money for about three weeks while i was first in hospital then recuperating (sp)

Ambulance on the pitch the lot and although very groggy wasnt knocked out so recall somebody standing over me saying "ooh its a feking bad one" which is not what you want to hear.

Have a couple o hundred stitches, broken nose x 2 ( one nose two breaks), broken arm, cartllidge out all through football but the bloody ligaments are the worst. To this day if I stand on something uneven I go over on my ankle.

Oh the joys of sport

Was filtering hot oil, just off the cooker into a pot thing with a kind of sieve(it's Japan! LOL). Splashed roasting hot oil on my fingers. But being the idiot that I am, I kept pouring the hot oil on my fingers! Took the skin off my fingers on my left hand, all bar the thumb. Took over a year to heal. I was sure I'd need plastic surgery! I still get jip from the fingers to this day! Awful injury!

Lynn

A slipped disc in my back.

Short of having your legs ripped off, I refuse to believe there's anything more painful or debilitating.QUOTE]

I'll give you one:-

I was knocked off my Vespa by a typically blind car driver. Shattered my left arm, broke my spine, dislocated shoulder and dislocated left thumb. The ever so nice paramedic, trying to cut off the left glove and remove as slowly as possible took my thumb with it!!! Slow, drawn out agony.

Then in the old ERI, the staff cut & removed my layers of clothing (it was winter) again very slowly taking my dislocated right arm with it. By this time I was hoarse and could barely make a sound so they carried right on. A nurse had to lean with her ear right at my mouth to find out what was wrong. I could see down her top though - right result.

I then had a very attractive female doctor stick her finger up my arse as a test for paralysis. She did look in my eyes when she did it though.

But I agree - a back or rib injury is the worst. Can't breath, lie down, sit down, walk, cough, sneeze or satisfactorily pleasure yourself.

Broken collar bones also make wiping your arse almost impossible, can't understand how left handers manage to do anything properly.

Archived