Umbro

JAMBONI

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Good stuff. The new Adidas style kits are minging so I'm glad we are sticking with Umbro.

As has been previously said, this seasons kit was just a few changes away from being a classic.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he said "few weeks" but I'm not 100% certain.

It was certainly put accross that it was a couple of weeks away, rather than a couple of months. Either way it's not worth arguing over.

Haha you got it wrong and you wont admit it!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I thought it was around ?1m a year, this seems to back that up:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/20070301200/sponsorship/hearts-in-umbro-07/08-08/09.html

We are one of the few clubs who's manufacturers actually pay the club to make the strips. For example, Aberdeen pay Nike to make theirs. Rangers apparently pay Umbro just to put their badge on them! (Although that might not be true.)

We are one of the few clubs who's manufacturers actually pay the club to make the strips. For example, Aberdeen pay Nike to make theirs. Rangers apparently pay Umbro just to put their badge on them! (Although that might not be true.)

Rangers designed their own strip a few years ago and Umbro/Diadora paid to put their badge on it IIRC. Sort of a mini sponsor I think.

I think he said "few weeks" but I'm not 100% certain.

It was certainly put accross that it was a couple of weeks away, rather than a couple of months. Either way it's not worth arguing over.

You are certain because I tried to tie you down on another thread as to what YOU meant when you used the term "a few weeks". You failed to reply as it would lose you the right to moan when others do something that does not suit your agenda. You know full well what was said and if it's not worth arguing over, why do you mention it in the first place?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Rangers designed their own strip a few years ago and Umbro/Diadora paid to put their badge on it IIRC. Sort of a mini sponsor I think.

I knew it was along those lines! :)

I see that article was from back in November, so its actually nearer 3 months ago than 2 then. Better late than never. :D

8 weeks or 12 weeks. To me that means a few weeks. Lighten up, JR, and accept the good news with positivity for a change.

Guest JamboRobbo
8 weeks or 12 weeks. To me that means a few weeks.

Fair enough. To me, a few weeks means 2 or 3 weeks. Any longer than that, it'd be talked about in terms of months......

Lighten up, JR, and accept the good news with positivity for a change.

I'm lightened up thank you. It's others like JamboAl that seem to be getting mightily upset because I expressed an opinion.

does anyone have an idea of the umbro templates for next year so as the photoshopping guys can get to work lol

:108years:

I like this post. :D

Administration beckons.

We went bust on 11 January 2009 at tick-tock o'clock apparently.

Great news, with hopefully an announcement on a shirt sponsor to follow (which I hope is what iainmac was alluding too earlier).

Charlie-Brown

Excellent news & congrats to the commercial dept. on securing this deal. At ?1M per year that represents approx 10-15% of Hearts annual budget & is thus a significant amount of money coming into the club each year.

Fair enough. To me, a few weeks means 2 or 3 weeks. Any longer than that, it'd be talked about in terms of months......

I'm lightened up thank you. It's others like JamboAl that seem to be getting mightily upset because I expressed an opinion.

Stalking again?!

I am pointing out that you are displaying inconsistency in your posts to suit your negative agenda and lack the humility to apologise for it.

Today is good news day. Swallow it with pride. Forget your negatives. Rejoice.

Mod Edit

Always nice to get some good news coming out of the club.

Long may the relative stability of this season continue.

:)

I think this is the biggest deal outwith the Old Firm and is great news, regardless of how positive or negative you are.

The 2nd piece of news (assuming this is what the first one was) will be interesting, I do not know what it is, could be a new shirt sponsor, who knows, but if it is good, then I am happy.

Guest Dipped Flake

We win on Saturday to go clear in 3rd, we announce a ?1M a year shirt deal and still we get moans; I just don't understand some people. We all agree that there are many things that could/should have been done better but the club is now moving forwards, both on and off the field. Why can't we just enjoy it while it lasts.

p.s. Not going to enter into a debate on this with anyone as I don't want to get involved in more negative posts so all the above is only IMO.

Would be great if Umbro went back to one of our classic kits of yesteryear and gave us an away kit next year of silver jerseys, circa 85/86. Although I think that the shorts were maroon which may mean a return to white shorts for the home kit. I'm sure we could live with that.

Or, if the MD says we're gonna have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, then we should have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, like he said we would.

Are you like that in real life?

My five year old is like that if I say we're going swimming and something comes up which causes a delay.

We still go swimming, just not exactly when I had imagined.

Who knows why it was delayed, it could have been something at the Umbro end, maybe we were looking at something else, maybe even CO didn't think people had started a clock as soon as he gave a ballpark time frame.

It's done now, does two or three weeks really matter? Personally if he hadn't announced it until May I'd still be pleased.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's done now, does two or three weeks really matter?

Feel free to show where I said it really mattered.

Personally if he hadn't announced it until May I'd still be pleased.

Ditto. Feel free to show where I say otherwise. (hint - the first two words I posted where I said "Excellent news" might give you a wee clue).

I don't know either, but since both the timing and content of the announcement obviously had to be agreed with Umbro, the delay may not be down to Hearts. After all, while a (reasonably) big deal for us it is unlikely to have been near the top of anyone's in-tray at Umbro.

Good point, well made!

:thumb:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Does anyone have any details of other SPL clubs sponsorship deals?

Just want to see how they compare to this.

Are you like that in real life?

My five year old is like that if I say we're going swimming and something comes up which causes a delay.

We still go swimming, just not exactly when I had imagined.

Who knows why it was delayed, it could have been something at the Umbro end, maybe we were looking at something else, maybe even CO didn't think people had started a clock as soon as he gave a ballpark time frame.

It's done now, does two or three weeks really matter? Personally if he hadn't announced it until May I'd still be pleased.:)

You're right - it matters little but....

In any case because the deal is for the next 3 seasons it did not need to announced so soon, since the cash benefit is unlikely to kick in before next season and the 1st payment will probably be relevant to the a/cs year beginning on 1/8/09.

Feel free to show where I said it really mattered.

I didn't say you said it really mattered. It was a question.

Ditto. Feel free to show where I say otherwise. (hint - the first two words I posted where I said "Excellent news" might give you a wee clue).

I did not say you weren't pleased, I just don't get why, being so pleased, you need the negative caveat, given it doesn't really matter to you.

I'm done on this. It's good news.

Yep.

The other must surely be a new shirt sponsor.

UB are throwing money away by putting their name on our strips.

Not if the initial arrangement still stands whereby they increase the annual interest rate on the debt by a few basis points whilst they are shirt sponsors.

Son Of Anarchy

UMBRO KIT= looks great + good quality= DELIGHTED.

?1m PER YEAR DEAL= Great deal +much needed income=DELIGHTED.

GOOD NEWS+ VITAL 3 POINTS ON SATURDAY= DELIGHTED.

SPENT SUNDAY WORKING IN ABERDEEN=loved the looks i got with my Hearts top n hat on=DELIGHTED.

GUESS WHAT? IM DELIGHTED.

Got the negativists on ignore=DELIGHTED.:)

Its been a long time baby

EEN states that it is a ?1m deal over 3years and not ?1m for each of the 3years, going by the current deal we have with umbro that cant be right

Not if the initial arrangement still stands whereby they increase the annual interest rate on the debt by a few basis points whilst they are shirt sponsors.

CS I assume you meant REDUCE and not increase the rate:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

?1 mill a year? that pays for Nade and a ?2k a week player. Good business!

Seriously though, it speaks volumes for our club that a company the size of Umbro even do business with us. Now just get us a nice sponsor for the front on a similar deal and we'll be sorted!

On another note, I notice that Umbro don't mention us at all on their official website. I looked under clubs and we were not to be seen.

I think we might be their dirty little secret!

it was in the scotsman a while back. either two weeks or few weeks. either way, he didn't say 2 months.

here's a link here on vital football.

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=133467

"Other interesting revelations in the article include a mention of 'two positive and major commercial partnerships' that are due to be announced by Hearts within the next fortnight"

Jesus...I was struggling to pick a post of yours to quote but this will do. Its positive news for the club, deal with it. :mw_rolleyes:

Like it.

That maroon is perfect. Not sure about the watch though.

You dont get the watch with it.

I had Brellier model it and he refused to take it off. What can you do?

Like it.

That maroon is perfect. Not sure about the watch though.

That there is Elizibeth Duke at its best.

Archived