Umbro

JAMBONI

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

Really pleased with that. The strips have been good quality, and this seasons home top was just a few minor details away from being an all time classic. Hopefully a few tweaks could see next season's up in there with the cup final top from 1996.

Great news, not only the strips but the training gear with Umbro has been class too

easily the most comfortable strips we've had in a long while also

Drylaw Hearts
That will be one of C.Ogilvie's commerial deals he mentioned then.

Yep.

The other must surely be a new shirt sponsor.

UB are throwing money away by putting their name on our strips.

Guest JamboRobbo

Excellent news. Have been waiting on two positive commercial announcements for a couple of months now. One more to go. Although, not sure that announcing who's gonna be making our strips next year is quite what I had in mind as particularly important.

Yep.

The other must surely be a new shirt sponsor.

UB are throwing money away by putting their name on our strips.

excellent bit of news to follow on from Saturdays "feel good" effect. I also hope that its external money coming in, after all, no sign of the new bank opening in Edinburgh just yet. Only thing that makes me think it could still be UB is that if we secure Europa spot, they will want that prime advertising position. Or maybe not! Come on Campbell, let us know. :)

Excellent news. Have been waiting on two positive commercial announcements for a couple of months now. One more to go. Although, not sure that announcing who's gonna be making our strips next year is quite what I had in mind as particularly important.

Perhaps if known about a couple of months ago by CO, then it would've been (in context) more important given the ****** ups with the players wages and increased press and fan hysteria regarding administration, cash flow etc etc. A major company willing to invest in Hearts at that time would have been good news.

Why it wasn't mentioned sooner though I don't know.

Well maybe, maybe it's the fact that the club gets money from this?

The other commercial announcement you are waiting for is a matter of weeks away..

No mention of Administration.......

The other commercial announcement you are waiting for is a matter of weeks away..

Can i mention that Campbell Ogilvie is probably, and widely respected for being, the best administrator in Scottish football :D :D :D :D

ToadKiller Dog

Yep a good news story ,i would say that the new deal shows both the club and umbro were happy at the sale targets reached .Its of major importance to the club in terms of money making to have a good deal seems we have that.

Guest JamboRobbo

How much money do you think the club makes from this deal?

Guest JamboRobbo

Glad to hear it, but thats exactly what we were told 2 months ago.

JR

I am sure the current deal was ?1.1m plus over 2 years...... someone might want to verify these figs.

Hopefully it will be along the same lines.

Would the other announcement be related to sponsorship?

It has been a great loss these past few years IMO.

I'd like to think more than we'd get from anyone else, this is positive news, why look for the negatives

Umbro strips as a whole in my opinion feel better quality that the adidas and Nike equivalents so that alone is good news for staying with them from a fans perspective

Guest JamboRobbo
JR

I am sure the current deal was ?1.1m plus over 2 years...... someone might want to verify these figs.

Hopefully it will be along the same lines.

:food-smiley-004:

Hard to find a negative here, thank goodness there is someone to keep us right.

We get good news, we should have had it sooner. There may be more good news, we should have it now.

Mind you, if the club announced something prematurely and it fell through, the criticism would justify another 2 thousand posts saying the same thing.

No matter what Hearts do some people won't be happy. Hopefully there will be some bad news to salivate over shortly eh?

:sad:

The Old Tolbooth

I don't believe this for a minute, surely Umbro wouldn't commit to a 3 year deal when according to hobonomic esperts we're going to go bust before the end of the year! :wacko:

Drylaw Hearts

Any guaranteed income these days can only be a positive.

I would like to see Hearts and Umbro do something to keep the price of the kits at sensible level though. They've become far too expensive.

Nelly Terraces
I don't believe this for a minute, surely Umbro wouldn't commit to a 3 year deal when according to hobonomic esperts we're going to go bust before the end of the year! :wacko:

Don't forget the hobos of the North, Abahrdeen FC, 'yer going bust' chant on Saturday had to be the very definition of the pot calling the kettle, as I'm sure they don't actually own their own ground now and could be hoofed out of Peetodire in the next coupla years. Lets hope so anyway.

Great news on the Umbro deal. Well done Hearts.:D

I would like to see Hearts and Umbro do something to keep the price of the kits at sensible level though. They've become far too expensive.

Agreed. Possibly a discount on the away if you buy the home (or vice versa).

That said, I think my youngest boy gets pretty decent value out of his, it's either in the washing machine or on his back.

Guest JamboRobbo

We get good news, we should have had it sooner. There may be more good news, we should have it now.

Or, if the MD says we're gonna have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, then we should have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, like he said we would.

Hard to find a negative here, thank goodness there is someone to keep us right.

Mind you, if the club announced something prematurely and it fell through, the criticism would justify another 2 thousand posts saying the same thing.

No matter what Hearts do some people won't be happy. Hopefully there will be some bad news to salivate over shortly eh?

:sad:

Negativists on here are peed off because we won on Saturday and it's therefore inappropriate to blame VR for the team selection.

So they are struggling to get the bile out of their systems. If this deal is worth ?10m they will say we shouldn't have signed for any less than ?15m; if it's for ?15m they will reckon it should have been ?25m.

Maybe they could enlighten us about the next commercial deal. For example what do they think that deal ought to be and how much should we get from it?

Guest JamboRobbo
Negativists on here are peed off because we won on Saturday

Aye, that'll be it. I was at the game and enjoyed seeing us win very much. Were you even at the game? Or are you just coming on here to have a go at those who were?

Or, if the MD says we're gonna have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, then we should have two positive commercial announcements in the next two weeks, like he said we would.

And maybe if you hadn't renewed your season ticket, LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T, we would not be reading half of the mod edit you post.

Guest JamboRobbo
And maybe if you hadn't renewed your season ticket, LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T, we would not be reading half of the mod edit you post.

:rofl: Again. Were you even at the game?

Aye, that'll be it. I was at the game and enjoyed seeing us win very much. Were you even at the game? Or are you just coming on here to have a go at those who were?

I'd rather not say.

Don't forget the hobos of the North, Abahrdeen FC, 'yer going bust' chant on Saturday had to be the very definition of the pot calling the kettle, as I'm sure they don't actually own their own ground now and could be hoofed out of Peetodire in the next coupla years. Lets hope so anyway.

aye, that was great, apparently we've been going bust for 2 years now, but abersheep are homeless at the end of next season. it's always nice to hear where our club is going wrong from folk that obviously know better than us

:rofl: Again. Were you even at the game?

Whether I was at the game or not has no bearing on the news about the Umbro kit.

And why did you reply when I posted about negativists when I mentioned no one by name?

The Old Tolbooth

Heh heh heh, I'd love it if they were booted out, I would feel a need to dedicate a night on the lash for it :D

Francis Albert

Why it wasn't mentioned sooner though I don't know.

I don't know either, but since both the timing and content of the announcement obviously had to be agreed with Umbro, the delay may not be down to Hearts. After all, while a (reasonably) big deal for us it is unlikely to have been near the top of anyone's in-tray at Umbro.

Sweat shops ftw.

:P Its a joke. Calm down

Great news about the new Umbro deal :)

I really like the kits - decent quality and look good.

Nice to have a brand that people have heard of too ;):)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Great news, I was dreading going back to Hummell! :laugh:

The Umbro ones really are the best strips we've had for years. Only on JKB could this thread turn into a slanging match! I suppose some people aren't happy unless they're moaning about something.

Guest JamboRobbo
Only on JKB could this thread turn into a slanging match! I suppose some people aren't happy unless they're moaning about something.

Ironic post alert. :tongue:

Can you find me the quote where CO said 'the next two weeks' please?

Guest JamboRobbo
Can you find me the quote where CO said 'the next two weeks' please?

it was in the scotsman a while back. either two weeks or few weeks. either way, he didn't say 2 months.

here's a link here on vital football.

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=133467

"Other interesting revelations in the article include a mention of 'two positive and major commercial partnerships' that are due to be announced by Hearts within the next fortnight"

it was in the scotsman a while back. either two weeks or few weeks. either way, he didn't say 2 months.

here's a link here on vital football.

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=133467

"Other interesting revelations in the article include a mention of 'two positive and major commercial partnerships' that are due to be announced by Hearts within the next fortnight"

Did he say two weeks?

jamboinglasgow

here what was actually said:

Two "positive and major commercial partnerships" are due to be announced within the next few weeks; on the field, Ogilvie wants to see Hearts play in front of average crowds of 20,000 at the new Tynecastle, regularly featuring in Europe while having the possibility of "pipping" the Old Firm. A key to all of these aspirations, he insists, is stability.

looking at what it said again, only positive an major commerical partnerships are in quotation marks, so it may not have been a few weeks that Oglive said, oonly what Ewan Murray understood from what Campbell said.

Guest JamboRobbo
Did he say two weeks?
I think he said "few weeks" but I'm not 100% certain.

It was certainly put accross that it was a couple of weeks away, rather than a couple of months. Either way it's not worth arguing over.

Seymour M Hersh

When did you start buying strips? :eek:

Archived