Templeton

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a goal that was.

:eek:

In best African American ghetto booty voice .......

"Saayyyy whhaaaaattttt!??"

HillmanHearts
2 goals yesterday and has looked brilliant in the reserve highlights this season. Time to give him a chance?

He surely deserves a shot at 1st team football.

Lets see how he handles it.

Could be a star ! - Only one way to find out !

BlackhallJambo

Just watched the highlights and thought he looked sensational. Great 2nd goal, link up play and distribution was excellent. Movement good. Everything that Nade isn`t

Csaba It`s a no brainer. Get the lad in quick!!

jamboinglasgow

a cracker of a goal there. Templeton looked very good in the highlights, most of the balls seem to go through him and he links the ball well as well as shooting well. Plus the bit where he walks casually towards the defender I liked. It suggests a player with a bit of arrogance and confidence and a player who defenders are a bit wary of so back off.

Guest The Crack Fox

Must get played, he's had rave reviews at stenhousemuir, has consistantly performed well for the reserves, next step is the first team. Let him run at the old timers of falkirk on Saturday!!!!

I saw him play for Stenhousemuir.He looked very lightweight,but pacy and tricky.Has he bulked up?

I am always wary of performances in the reserves where many players are not at full tempo.However I have not seen him playing since joining Hearts.I dont see CL throwing him into a cup tie.

BlackhallJambo
Looks like he'd get brushed off the ball too easy. Too skinny.

Pretty sure same thing was said about George Best when he broke into the first team at Man U!!

Have seen him in a few reserve games and have to say that Templeton & Husband have real quality.

I would love to see these boys getting eased into the team,

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is he a striker?

People are suggesting he should replace Nade. How is a guy half the size of Nade going to hold the ball up and battle for it?

A lone striker spends most of his time facing his own goal, just can't see that working for Temps.

I'm not going to suggest changing formation because 4-5-1 is the be all and end all for some on here. We aren't good enough to play 4-4-2 apparently. :mw_rolleyes:

Need to agree.Have seen Templeton on a couple of occassions and he is looking the part.

Give him a chance !

He played 'in the hole' behind Glen yesterday.

Is that his natural position? How did Glen play on his own?

BlackhallJambo
Is he a striker?

People are suggesting he should replace Nade. How is a guy half the size of Nade going to hold the ball up and battle for it?

A lone striker spends most of his time facing his own goal, just can't see that working for Temps.

I'm not going to suggest changing formation because 4-5-1 is the be all and end all for some on here. We aren't good enough to play 4-4-2 apparently. :mw_rolleyes:

Having watched Nade hold off defences with his fat erse out wide and score how many this season or play a young enthusiastic lad with skill, confidence and an excellent score rate.

MMMMM difiicult one

it's ok though because our benevolent referees will afford him the protection from rough-house treatment that skillful players deserve.

i mean, they always make sure miko doesn't get kicked up and down the park....

by sending him off on a regular basis.

Having watched Nade hold off defences with his fat erse out wide and score how many this season or play a young enthusiastic lad with skill, confidence and an excellent score rate.

MMMMM difiicult one

You have just completely ignored the point of my post.

I'm not making a choice between the two. I'm saying he's not suited to playing that position in our current system.

I want to see him as much as anyone but we all know what happens to young strikers who struggle in the Hearts first team.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Templeton's old man was even smaller than him and he never got knocked off the ball because nobody could catch him. Lets chuck him in see how he gets on. Its better to try and fail than to never try at all

You have just completely ignored the point of my post.

I'm not making a choice between the two. I'm saying he's not suited to playing that position in our current system.

I want to see him as much as anyone but we all know what happens to young strikers who struggle in the Hearts first team.

Correct Alan.

jamboinglasgow

aguero_Messi_200.jpg

_40869746_best1964.jpg

jimmy_johnstone_bio_2.jpg

I wouldn't mind having these four players playing for hearts despite them looking like they get brushed off the ball too easy.

As Lionel Messi once said, he was so small when he was young that he needed growth drugs to grow to anything remotley normal (he is currenty 5ft 6 1/2 and as skinny as anything) and he said it made him when he was young learn how to get past the big physical players with his footwork.

BlackhallJambo
Correct Alan.

Apologies for my earlier post a bit rude sorry. However given Romanov and Csaba committing to youth we need to get the lads in. As you will have gathered Nade is not my favourite. Poor in almost every aspect of his game and we are paying a hefty premium for no qualty whatsoever.

If they are good enough they are young enough. In my humble opinion I can see us playing Glen and Templeton , one in the hole and one up front. Interchenge them and I think they would be a real handful for the lumbering defenders that so many teams have e.g wilkie, diamond mcarthy, jones etc. I actually think we play in to their hands by playing someone like Nade against these guys

With our goal scoring record what have we got to lose. I also think that most hearts fans recognise quality but also sadly also recognise young players that are not up to scratch. eg Mole and Elliot.

Apologies for my earlier post a bit rude sorry. However given Romanov and Csaba committing to youth we need to get the lads in. As you will have gathered Nade is not my favourite. Poor in almost every aspect of his game and we are paying a hefty premium for no qualty whatsoever.

If they are good enough they are young enough. In my humble opinion I can see us playing Glen and Templeton , one in the hole and one up front. Interchenge them and I think they would be a real handful for the lumbering defenders that so many teams have e.g wilkie, diamond mcarthy, jones etc. I actually think we play in to their hands by playing someone like Nade against these guys

With our goal scoring record what have we got to lose. I also think that most hearts fans recognise quality but also sadly also recognise young players that are not up to scratch. eg Mole and Elliot.

No need to apologise.

For Hearts to play with Templeton up top, we would have to play a 442. Templeton and Glen ARE too slight to play up top one their own- thats not to say they have other strengths.

Csaba would have to tinkle with his sytem - im not sure he wil do that.

Of course, he could play behind the front man. Cant see that happening either though.

He surely deserves a shot at 1st team football.

Lets see how he handles it.

Could be a star ! - Only one way to find out !

And if Csaba drops Bruno for Tempelton and it does not work out?

He'll look a bit silly. It's a big game on Saturday.

I'm not too happy with Bruno just now but I'd prefer to see Kingston than Tempelton playing the second striker against Falkirk. It's an important game.

Guest jambomickey

saturday not the game to throw the young lad in but i've watched him many times this season and he certainly got a chance to make it at first team level.

They key on Saturday is pace -- their defence is not the quickest -- Pressley is as slow as my dad's driving on a motorway.

We need to expose him in 1 on 1 situations as well as Bullen, Mcnamara etc -- they are weak in that area.

Just as we need to be strong at the back and play a centre back where he should be played and not a midfield player who does not have enough of a physical presence.

The only thing you need to apologise for is your shameful, disgusting opinions on Christian Nade. :)

Just kidding, although I am a big fan of the freight train. I reckon he'd come into his own with a strike partner to play off, because his hold up work is excellent and he makes intelligent runs to create space for others - a la Glen's goal in the derby. I know he doesn't score many, but I think he's having a good season for us.

Can definitely see your point.

My personal opinion is he doesn't fit the current system. Although tbh, I haven't seen much of him so I'm just relying on other posters reports.

Nicholas Brody

Off-topic a little but good to see Jonathan Brown and Scott Robinson getting their respective call ups. No doubt we will be seeing Brown in the first team soon.

Charlie-Brown

Glen & Templeton are competing with Aguiar, Obua & the wingers like Driver, Kingston, Chesney for a starting place....either in 'the hole' behind Nade or cutting in from the flanks.

Glen & Templeton are competing with Aguiar, Obua & the wingers like Driver, Kingston, Chesney for a starting place....either in 'the hole' behind Nade or cutting in from the flanks.

Wallace looked the part in the highlights. How far away do you think he is?

Footballfirst
Wallace looked the part in the highlights. How far away do you think he is?

As I said in another thread he was anonymous in the first half, but got into some good positions in the second. His problem was the old chesnut of a right footed player playing in the left will always have to cut inside or check back onto his right side to make a cross. His delivery on Tuesday wasn't too good. He has lots of pace but I'm not sure that other parts of his game are up to the mark to be included in the 1st team squad as yet.

Templeton, on the other hand, has previous 1st team experience at Stenny and Raith, pace, trickery, a good work ethic and is two footed, i.e. he has much more rounded skills and merits a 1st team start.

Off-topic a little but good to see Jonathan Brown and Scott Robinson getting their respective call ups. No doubt we will be seeing Brown in the first team soon.

Excuse my ignorance but what is Jonny Brown's natural position? IIRC he played at left back for a bit against Hull in pre-season, does he normally play there?

Charlie-Brown
Excuse my ignorance but what is Jonny Brown's natural position? IIRC he played at left back for a bit against Hull in pre-season, does he normally play there?

Equally good at either full back position and although he's naturally right footed seems to play more often than not on the left side, can also fill in & cover at centre & defensive midfield.

Nicholas Brody
Equally good at either full back position and although he's naturally right footed seems to play more often than not on the left side, can also fill in & cover at centre & defensive midfield.

When we were young guns playing for our primary team he used to play on the right or left wing:eek: Great footballer he is.

Cheers for that. Good to hear about his versatility also.

the voice from above

Sorry to deviate, but JiG, Messi is a tank, legs like tree trunks. He may be short but he's incredibly strong.

Where can I get the highlights everyone is referring to?

Charlie-Brown
When we were young guns playing for our primary team he used to play on the right or left wing:eek: Great footballer he is.

He still does! even though he plays full back! one game i saw last season he was berating Kostadinov & Glen for blocking HIS channel down the wing. :)

Footballfirst
Sorry to deviate, but JiG, Messi is a tank, legs like tree trunks. He may be short but he's incredibly strong.

Where can I get the highlights everyone is referring to?

On Hearts TV ... follow the link from the main page

Can definitely see your point.

My personal opinion is he doesn't fit the current system. Although tbh, I haven't seen much of him so I'm just relying on other posters reports.

How can you proffer an opinion if you?ve barely seen him play?

Don't see much of the reserves but from what people are saying it seems Glen and Templeton are quite similar? Is this the case? Or has Glen just been playing in a slightly deeper role for the 1st team because there is no one else?

If Glen is more of an in the box striker then I'd love to see him and Templeton getting a chance together. Karapidis can play the role he does now, with Aguair pushing forward or dropping back to help depending on whether we're going forward or defending.

Charlie-Brown
Don't see much of the reserves but from what people are saying it seems Glen and Templeton are quite similar? Is this the case? Or has Glen just been playing in a slightly deeper role for the 1st team because there is no one else?

If Glen is more of an in the box striker then I'd love to see him and Templeton getting a chance together. Karapidis can play the role he does now, with Aguair pushing forward or dropping back to help depending on whether we're going forward or defending.

They are similar type players but in our current formation there are 3 positions behind the main striker and both can play on the left, right or centre...helps a lot they are both good with both feet.

Archived