Templeton

Ryan Gosling

This thread stinks of people making up arguments to justify the exclusion of players such as Templeton.

The lad has earned the right through his reserve performances to have some time on the pitch. Particularly when we are underforming in attacking areas of the team

Simple.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Sexington
This thread stinks of people making up arguments to justify the exclusion of players such as Templeton.

The lad has earned the right through his reserve performances to have some time on the pitch. Particularly when we are underforming in attacking areas of the team

Simple.

It's hard to argue with that.

It's also hard to see what more Templeton can do to get a shot at the first team.

Seymour M Hersh
How can you proffer an opinion if you?ve barely seen him play?

Because it's a message/debate board. And when has never actually having seen a player prevented a Hearts fan from dissing them (not that you were AP).:D:D

look at the two young Everton boys who came on last night against Liverpool one of the top teams in Europe - both were slight and inexperienced. There is no such a thing as a week little footballer - they are all strong athletes - regardless of size etc...

on a side not - Dont know if anyone saw the game ITV London last night- sat and watched it for 2 hours - last minute of extra time and they throw on the adverts - realise the mistake and put it back on - only to miss the only goal of the game - unbelievable!

look at the two young Everton boys who came on last night against Liverpool one of the top teams in Europe - both were slight and inexperienced. There is no such a thing as a week little footballer - they are all strong athletes - regardless of size etc...

on a side not - Dont know if anyone saw the game ITV London last night- sat and watched it for 2 hours - last minute of extra time and they throw on the adverts - realise the mistake and put it back on - only to miss the only goal of the game - unbelievable!

ha ha - yup it was shocking

Couldnt agree more with your first para

Oooh that nasty David Moyes threatning the future career of a couple of teenagers.

One of Everton's most important games of the season....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can I just say I have no problem playing a small skinny player. It was the folk calling for him to replace Nade and play upfront on his own that I had an issue with.

If he's played out wide then great, lets see what he can do.

Could Templeton play "in the hole" like Audrey used to,(or how Bruno seems to these days) off the main striker? Not that I'd want Bruno taken out of the team. Perhaps move Bruno back into Centre Mid alongside Ruben with Karipidis in the back four.

If so, then I'd like to see him play there, or rather be given a chance to impress there from the bench, perhaps ideally when we're winning a game comfortably :)

But I seem to remember Riordan playing off a bigger striker (O'Connor) and it working quite well, he was/is built like a rake.

Simple.

Don't be daft. Why on earth would anyone 'make up arguments' to justify not bringing on a young and talented player? That's just aggro for the sake of it.

I don't think anyone doubts that he's not worth a shot (against the right opposition and in the right circumstances) but you have to admit that being chewed up and spat out might not be the right way to boost a youngster's confidence.

But..as others have already pointed out....you don't know until you go...so fingers crossed, when it does happen, that he's well up for the challenge and that it works out well. I think he's a wee star in the making and I'm looking forward to seeing him rip some old and blundery SPL defences apart - he's just a bit skelf-like at the moment and I'd hate to see him getting booted up and down the park.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't think anyone doubts that he's not worth a shot

am I the only one confused by this. do you think he's worth a shot or not? :D

Charlie-Brown

Jambo ell Templeton has been playing exactly that position in the reserves for months & being picked there ahead of Glen, he can also play wide left/right.

Jambo ell Templeton has been playing exactly that position in the reserves for months & being picked their ahead of Glen, he can also play wide left/right.

Cheers for that. Hope we get to see him play for the first team at some point this season, we can't do any worse than give him a chance given our limited attacking options.

am I the only one confused by this. do you think he's worth a shot or not? :D

Pfft. You know what I meant... :biggrin:

He is worth a shot. In the right circumstances.

Footballfirst
Jambo ell Templeton has been playing exactly that position in the reserves for months & being picked there ahead of Glen, he can also play wide left/right.

Agreed. When I've seen him play out wide he can end up drifting out the game by lack of service. Allow him and Aguiar to float between the "inside right" and "inside left" positions in support of the front man and I think we will get the best out of both of them. With Miko to return on the right and Driver on the left, it would give us good attacking options.

Defensively I'd prefer Karipidis to play CB and Johnsson the holding midfield role, leaving Kingston and Stewart to warm the bench.

Archived