Pavol Farkas - [MERGED]

Greedy_Jambo

portobellojambo1
I would assume that any deal at that stage of a transfer window would be conditional on it being completed and the player being registered? If the move doesn't go through by deadline, the agreement is void?

I would tend to agree with that. I assume the fact he failed to switch clubs means anything that was arranged is effectively un-arranged, and if we still want him come the Summer we will have to make a fresh approach. Obviously say that without knowing exactly what had been said and agreed between the two clubs and the player.

Between now and then someone else may come on the horizon or someone already at the club might step up to the plate and perform the job.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a loss, he was doing so well for us as well. Back to Italy, you ponce.

Anyway, anyone who is trying to put a positive spin on today's events is clearly still suffering from the after-effects of Vlad-mania.

Yeah, we are obviously needing to raise money....and we did - all ?2.3m of it. I don't think anybody expected us to go and spend ?2m on a striker but it is unbelievable that we did not manage to freshen up our attack by even a loan signing. Even Sheridan would have been a benefit to us as he works hard and can hold the ball up (although I doubt sellick would have dealt with us the same way they did with McGhee).

As for Farkas, what a farce-as. It's like selling Berra took us by surprise.....c'mon, even if we were able to hold to Berra til the summer we should have been anticipating this by agreeing terms with the other club and the player but giving ourselves the chance to back out if Berra's sale fell through.

I wonder if Vlad forgets life is not like Football Manager and he can't just press pause while he makes a cup of tea.

And I do believe we are already starting to see the first sightings of the "let's wait until the summer and see what happens" comments. Lovin' it, you mad, deluded fools!!

:mad:

this tells me all i need to know about your football knowledge!!!

I would tend to agree with that. I assume the fact he failed to switch clubs means anything that was arranged is effectively un-arranged, and if we still want him come the Summer we will have to make a fresh approach. Obviously say that without knowing exactly what had been said and agreed between the two clubs and the player.

Between now and then someone else may come on the horizon or someone already at the club might step up to the plate and perform the job.

Any such clause would be on our side as I am pretty certain that no such clause exists.

If we really wanted him to replace Berra (remember, he is in his early twenties, it is not as if he will be too old or unsuitable in the summer) then IMO we would still sign him.

Unless we never tried to sign him.

Has anybody seen anything that assures us we really did try to register him? Have Hearts said so? I had folk round most of the night and have genuinely not seen it.

this tells me all i need to know about your football knowledge!!!

Sheridan has scored more goals than any Hearts player, even with his limited game time.

Any such clause would be on our side as I am pretty certain that no such clause exists.

If we really wanted him to replace Berra (remember, he is in his early twenties, it is not as if he will be too old or unsuitable in the summer) then IMO we would still sign him.

Unless we never tried to sign him.

Has anybody seen anything that assures us we really did try to register him? Have Hearts said so? I had folk round most of the night and have genuinely not seen it.

No.

No.

Thank you CTC.

In some more news, I can confirm that Hearts were also too late registering Kaka as a Hearts player.

Sheridan has scored more goals than any Hearts player, even with his limited game time.

have you even watched the boy play football?

a bairn with a biscuit erse would score goals for celtic the amount of opportunities they create/are allowed.

never a footballer absolute gash imho of course!

have you even watched the boy play football?

a bairn with a biscuit erse would score goals for celtic the amount of opportunities they create/are allowed.

never a footballer absolute gash imho of course!

More goals than any of our absolute gash football players this season, all from fourteen appearances, not starts but appearances.

When we have better options, I shall join in slating others.

Thank you CTC.

In some more news, I can confirm that Hearts were also too late registering Kaka as a Hearts player.

I'm sure we "just ran out of time" to sign Saganowski in August 2005. He didn't sign during the following window either, or indeed during any subsequent window. I would probably advise against holding your breath waiting for this other dude. :tongue:

He seemed pleased he didn't have to shell out ?40 for his Celtic strip.

What a *****.

That would have been about a weeks pay up at United so leave the poor Hobbit alone.

Not a good transfer window IMO - would much rather have lost anyone else except for Berra

Of the other poss player losses none of them could be called ever present 'injury proof' and reliable.

Certainly not Larry, Bruno injury prone, Driver inconsistent, Stewart etc.

For those who say its the best we could hope for - there could have been many better scenario's than losing Berra IMO.

Example 1 - Duping a Championship club into paying 1.5 say for Larry and getting ?800k off the wage bill.

ALSO not great news if we've missed out on a Shabba target due to poor paperwork/admin.

Just hope we don't hit a poor run.

:o

We now turn our attention to the summer transfer window. Fans wil predict possible new signings, the media will speculate and Hearts will not deny any stories, even encouraging the odd rumour without a full admission of interest.

Fans will then get impatient at the lack of movement, however others will tell them to wait til the 31st of August, the striker will finally arrive, and that a Kaunas trialist could be the Next Velicka. The clock will then strike 12, we are still waiting for that new no.9. However there will always be the next window in January.

Or we will finish 3rd, win the Cup and bring in some exciting talent for the new season and Europa Cup..;)

i wouldn't have jen! it's obvious too blind man we need a striker and the managers judgement hasn't been backed

can you name a striker that we could easily have afforded, who is to say Csaba has looked at what was available and decided not to bother as it would be a waste of money.

In the summer there will be more choice of players as clubs will be cutting the cloth to suit, it will also work for the clubs as no transfer fee is being paid

First of all, it must have been clear from Friday night that Berra was off. The boy Farkas was clearly on the radar before that as Csaba specifically said he had a player in mind and Farkas fits the description he gave of that player. To fail to beat the clock on Farkas (if thats what happened) given that we had 3 full days to sort it, is gross negligence. Does anyone at Hearts ever do anything with any degree of feckin urgency !!

Secondly, I think that losing Berra on his own, and not replacing him and not bringing a striker in was the second worse possible case scenario we could have had from the window. The first being losing Berra AND Driver, so there isnt much comfort to take there. Anyone who believes we wont sell Driver in the summer anyway is having a laugh.

Thirdly, a striker, Csaba MUST have had names that he wanted who he knew would fit into the framework of what could be afforded (I assume he knew rouhgly what could be afforded) He has either been persuaded to wait until the summer to see if something better becomes both available and affordable or he has been instructed that he has to wait till the summer because we didnt get the income from transfers we were hoping for and what we could afford was a lot less than we had hoped for.

The only significant piece of deadwood cleared out was Makela, an expensive player who was here for a long time but got fewer chances than David Obua has had. and he undoubtedly had a pay off. The others to leave were either youngsters, at least two of whom at one stage looked like decent prospects (Rapnik and Copil) but never got a chance, or loan players who were costing very little in the first place.

We are still saddled with Kingston on a high wage who doesnt give a toss, Nade on a high wage who cant score and still isnt fit enough despite improving slightly. Also we have Aquiar and Karapidis coming out of contract and about to walk for nothing (should they chose to do so).

How anyone can say that this was a good transfer window for us baffles me. Its only marginally better than the worst possible case scenario IMO. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT GOOD !!!!!!

[Q

If we lost out on a signing it is because there never was an intention to sign anyone anyway. We have got more of the same from Vlad two more players from Kaunas that cost peanuts .

UOTE=Fourcandles;797991]Not a good transfer window IMO - would much rather have lost anyone else except for Berra

Of the other poss player losses none of them could be called ever present 'injury proof' and reliable.

Certainly not Larry, Bruno injury prone, Driver inconsistent, Stewart etc.

For those who say its the best we could hope for - there could have been many better scenario's than losing Berra IMO.

Example 1 - Duping a Championship club into paying 1.5 say for Larry and getting ?800k off the wage bill.

ALSO not great news if we've missed out on a Shabba target due to poor paperwork/admin.

Just hope we don't hit a poor run.

:o

First of all, it must have been clear from Friday night that Berra was off. The boy Farkas was clearly on the radar before that as Csaba specifically said he had a player in mind and Farkas fits the description he gave of that player. To fail to beat the clock on Farkas (if thats what happened) given that we had 3 full days to sort it, is gross negligence. Does anyone at Hearts ever do anything with any degree of feckin urgency !!

It's a good job you're not an Arsenal fan.

There is nothing in the rules that states that. The only thing that happens is that the transfer is treated like any other closed window deal and the player cannot join up with the new club yet.

I know it's not in the rules, I was just surmising that clubs would probably have that sort of protection in place, whether just written in the faxed agreements or whatever. I don't actually know one way or another, but I haven't ever heard of a player failing to complete a move in January and then sit in the stands for his new club for 6 months.

Things can change too quickly for clubs not to have such a thing in place as standard, imo.

As I mentioned earlier, it is my belief that he's signed. I had seen a website link that needed translating, and I've managed to get that now.

http://www.futbalsfz.sk/uvod/pavol-farka-podpsal-heartsu-mus-zvldnu-lekrske-testy-396/

1st Paragraph: Farkas is close to completing a move team to SPL team Hearts.

2nd Paragraph:On Monday, he signed a two and a half year deal which came through by fax. To complete the move, he needs to pass a medical in Edinburgh. His current boss said to SITA, "tests should happen this week and he will fly to Scotland on Tuesday or Wednesday. If everything goes OK, the contract will be finalised. It was Csaba Laszlo who chose him which is important to Farkas himself."

3rd Paragraph: GM of Artmedia said the talks went well. "I hope it all goes through ok. The only thing that needs completed is his medical, which Farkas needs to pass. Im not going to comment on finances but I can say we got for him, as much money as we paid for him, when we bought him from Nitra in 2007. Of course, there are certain bonuses such as how many games he plays in Scotland."

4th Paragraph: Farkas has been at Artmedia since 2007. He will replace Christophe Berra who moved to Wolves for ?2.3m, some of which was spent on getting Farkas. Hearts also have a Slovakian keeper, Marian Kello.

It seems we've signed him, pending a medical which obviously wasn't possible due to a) the short notice and B) the weather.

Anyway, big thanks go to KisLas, Chester and Mrs Chester for their sterling help!

:)

loveofthegame

Hmmm, interesting! How come its not been announced then!? Is it a deal not starting until summer or is he now officially a Hearts player?!

Won't fully believe it until Hearts officially announce it.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Great work guys- that would be a cracking boost after yesterdays let down. Fingers crossed

As I mentioned earlier, it is my belief that he's signed. I had seen a website link that needed translating, and I've managed to get that now.

http://www.futbalsfz.sk/uvod/pavol-farka-podpsal-heartsu-mus-zvldnu-lekrske-testy-396/

It seems we've signed him, pending a medical which obviously wasn't possible due to a) the short notice and B) the weather.

Anyway, big thanks go to KisLas, Chester and Mrs Chester for their sterling help!

:)

I know the article mentions a fee but can this not be a pre-contract signing since I doubt the GFA would extend the deadline by this much. Hope I'm wrong!

Hmmm, interesting! How come its not been announced then!? Is it a deal not starting until summer or is he now officially a Hearts player?!

Won't fully believe it until Hearts officially announce it.

Its conditional on a medical.

I thought the SFA said they had no plans to allow clubs any dispensation based on the weather issue?

Good news if true!

If it is/was pending a medical have we actually signed him then?

I'm sure the SPL stated yesterday no one had asked for an "extension" due to the weather and if it that was the problem with Farkas, surely we would have?

said on BBC radio scotland tonight in the sports news about 5.30 that the deal was through but then i came on here on nobody was saying anything about it so i kept my mouth! lol

I don't know when the transfer can go through but I mentioned to Chester that the length of the contract suggests it will go through now, as a 2.5 year contract from summer would end in January.

Good stuff peanut (plus the others!) if this is true then this is great news.

Whilst it is no great help for Hearts right now, it at least shows that they attempted to get they guy they wanted and still went for him as they knew he would be helpful next year.

As disappointed as I am about missing out on a defender and striker for the now, at least they got their man for the defensive role.

Well, if peanut, KisLas, Chester, Mrs Chester and the article are correct :)

Rudolf's Mate
A player can only be registered to play within the transfer windows, players can agree transfers at any time of the year.

There is the page on the BBC showing Scott McDonald signing for C*lt!c, it is March, the window is slammed shut and C*lt!c still sign him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/6495029.stm

I could be wrong but is that maybe because his contract was due to end in the summer meaning he was able to speak with clubs as of 1st Jan?

I could be wrong but is that maybe because his contract was due to end in the summer meaning he was able to speak with clubs as of 1st Jan?

I don't remember for sure, but I am 99.9% certain it was just a straight transfer. If you were correct, why would you pay ?700,000 for a player in March (when you cannot use him until pre-season) when you could get him in May for nothing?

hopefully it will be true that he can sign straight away but hearts had better make sure they can demonstrate it's within the rules because we wont get any benefit of the doubt from the GFA.

I wonder how long it will take Banderson to get a hold of this scoop.

Might not be a bad thing actually as he's probably in a position to approach the club for a confirm or deny comment.

Good stuff peanut (plus the others!) if this is true then this is great news.

Whilst it is no great help for Hearts right now, it at least shows that they attempted to get they guy they wanted and still went for him as they knew he would be helpful next year.

As disappointed as I am about missing out on a defender and striker for the now, at least they got their man for the defensive role.

Well, if peanut, KisLas, Chester, Mrs Chester and the article are correct :)

I hope Mrs Chester is. Unless she is losing her touch with her native language!:laugh::tongue:

The same article has appeared in a couple of other Slovak news sites too. Im wondering why it hasnt been stated on our site yet,

Captain Lithuania
I hope Mrs Chester is. Unless she is losing her touch with her native language!:laugh::tongue:

The same article has appeared in a couple of other Slovak news sites too. Im wondering why it hasnt been stated on our site yet,

Surprise :D:mw_rolleyes:?

Took long enough to get the Balogh news up after that appeared in the Hungarian media i suppose.

I know it's not in the rules, I was just surmising that clubs would probably have that sort of protection in place, whether just written in the faxed agreements or whatever. I don't actually know one way or another, but I haven't ever heard of a player failing to complete a move in January and then sit in the stands for his new club for 6 months.

Things can change too quickly for clubs not to have such a thing in place as standard, imo.

The whole bloody transfer window mallarkey should be outlawed by the EU anyway. Its a completely unfair restriction on freedom to employ people and freedom to work where you want. In any other walk of life it would be illegal

Took long enough to get the Balogh news up after that appeared in the Hungarian media i suppose.

True. But would they not have to at least announce to the SFA?

If he does not sign, I blame you and your better half. :D

If he does not sign, I blame you and your better half. :D

I blame Vlad, Anderton, Burley, Korabotchka, Malofeev, Vladimir Weiss and the Tea Lady for leaking it to the Slovakian news agencies...:laugh:

I blame Vlad, Anderton, Burley, Korabotchka, Malofeev, Vladimir Weiss and the Tea Lady for leaking it to the Slovakian news agencies...:laugh:

Why dont you blame Kingston? Everyone else does, and no one likes a loner.

Peace.

Deodato

Why dont you blame Kingston? Everyone else does, and no one likes a loner.

Peace.

Deodato

I blame him and Foulkes too.

I think its possible that we registered the transfer, with the option of cancelling it in the event of a failed medical. The Benjani transfer last year took 5 days beyond the deadline, and the Defoe transfer took 54 seconds according to some reports where its suggested that the fee was agreed and papers sent to the FA ASAP, and then negotiations with the player and the medical took place the next day.

Archived