Pavol Farkas - [MERGED]

Greedy_Jambo

They don't windows closed, Drivrs here until the summer at least

This could easily be used/abused with collusion by the 2 clubs

"The Premier League has agreed to extend the transfer deadline for clubs who cannot complete deals because of the weather conditions.

The League said it would need e-mail confirmation from both teams to prove a deal had been agreed in principle.

It also need to be satisfied that it was the weather that had prevented the transfer being completed."

From the BBC website

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair points however we had plenty time to get this guy in as a replacement but the club have used the convenient excuse which many felt they would that time ran out. if that is the case thats not good enough

That's not entirely true. We would have had to wait until Berra put pen to paper, which he only did today did he not? So we only really had a couple of hours.

Fair points however we had plenty time to get this guy in as a replacement but the club have used the convenient excuse which many felt they would that time ran out. if that is the case thats not good enough

Have the club used that excuse or even suggested they went for Farkas? As far as I can tell the only place that is claiming we missed the deadline is the media.

So, to confirm.

This window we (still) needed a striker, as we did last window, and following the sale of our Captain, our "manager" had a replacement lined up but we....ahem...missed the deadline

So we neither have a replacement defender nor a striker.

Thank god I have learned my lessons from the Romanov era.

Do not expect a fruitful transfer window. Do not sit on JKB all day waiting for signing news. I also enjoyed not reading or listening to anything the tube had to say when he was over. The man is a footballing irrelevance.

This could easily be used/abused with collusion by the 2 clubs

"The Premier League has agreed to extend the transfer deadline for clubs who cannot complete deals because of the weather conditions.

The League said it would need e-mail confirmation from both teams to prove a deal had been agreed in principle.

It also need to be satisfied that it was the weather that had prevented the transfer being completed."

From the BBC website

But those emails needed to be sent to the FA in advance of the deadline.

So, to confirm.

This window we (still) needed a striker, as we did last window, and following the sale of our Captain, our "manager" had a replacement lined up but we....ahem...missed the deadline

So we neither have a replacement defender nor a striker.

Thank god I have learned my lessons from the Romanov era.

Do not expect a fruitful transfer window. Do not sit on JKB all day waiting for signing news. I also enjoyed not reading or listening to anything the tube had to say when he was over. The man is a footballing irrelevance.

Not as far as HMFC is concerned - fact!

Have to agree with andya's sentiments. Six weeks ago we were wondering how many of our players would get sold and now only one's gone, plus we've found the cash to get a deal sorted for Balogh.

We've also got rid of a hell of a lot of deadwood which will allow us to progress our youths up the ranks.

Surely if we'd been given this situation six weeks ago we'd have all taken it.

Guest jambomickey
Have to agree with andya's sentiments. Six weeks ago we were wondering how many of our players would get sold and now only one's gone, plus we've found the cash to get a deal sorted for Balogh.

We've also got rid of a hell of a lot of deadwood which will allow us to progress our youths up the ranks.

i wouldn't have jen! it's obvious too blind man we need a striker and the managers judgement hasn't been backed

Malinga the Swinga
i wouldn't have jen! it's obvious too blind man we need a striker and the managers judgement hasn't been backed

It has been backed with the choice of keeper, the return of wee Audrey and other loanees from Kaunas. Team being picked on merit and that's all I ask for. Several non first teamers released as well, so no complaint there.

Face it, money is tight and that's just how it is.

so to conclude we are all slightly disappointed by the transfer window but the biggest changes are likely to happen in the summer so Romnov is off the hook until then.....

If i was Vlad i would have Told Csaba to GTF if he wanted money for a Striker! He had 3 on the Bench on Saturday and Only gave 1 them 10 mins and one of them 5 and even them when they came on they replaced attacking players. We were 2-0 down ffs. Why the Feck would we waste more money on someone when he doesnt even give a bash to the ones we have. Csaba not putting on another striker until 80 mins on saturday was done to try and prove a point to Mad Vlad imo. However it has came back and bit his erse. Tuff T!!tties.

Yeh I would have to agree JJ - adya is spot on for me.

This summer will definitely prove more interesting, which i think VR and CL have intimated.

Could be a very different looking JT's next season. HOPEFULLY players will be scouted and maybe a couple more like Black will sign precontracts so they can have full preseasons with us.

As for this season, maybe this is a good chance for a couple of young lads to maybe get in the mix a tad more and lets see Eggo develop into the top-class centre half i think he will be.

Best of luck to all the boys who've left, but good for all involved that they're away - tbh the only one, other that Berra at a decent price, that I'm sorry to see got is Matty Rapnik.

Yeh I would have to agree JJ - adya is spot on for me.

This summer will definitely prove more interesting, which i think VR and CL have intimated.

Could be a very different looking JT's next season. HOPEFULLY players will be scouted and maybe a couple more like Black will sign precontracts so they can have full preseasons with us.

As for this season, maybe this is a good chance for a couple of young lads to maybe get in the mix a tad more and lets see Eggo develop into the top-class centre half i think he will be.

Best of luck to all the boys who've left, but good for all involved that they're away - tbh the only one, other that Berra at a decent price, that I'm sorry to see got is Matty Rapnik.

Yip yet another drop in quality is what we can expect in the summer

Gimme an H...

He's a "one trick pony" though, why should his judgement be backed?

:rolleyes:

That's not entirely true. We would have had to wait until Berra put pen to paper, which he only did today did he not? So we only really had a couple of hours.

Surely to goodness we could have had the deal all done in principle subject to berra going. Its not like the Berra transfer only came about today.

I'm just disappointed really

tartofmidlothian

Yes, but has Csaba actually demanded a striker signing or just pitched a few ideas? Anyway, what's the going rate for a proven striker these days? We made enquiries about Porter, clearly with a view to getting him on a free in the summer, and then he goes for ?400k and more. He was our best bet for a striker signing, but anyone who thinks any SPL team outside of Celtic would be paying that kind of money this window was living a fantasy.

Given that loan signings, unless they're from Kaunas, aren't Vlad's thing (where's the sell-on potential?) then guys like Glen, Elliot, Templeton are the short-term future up front. And as long as the credit crunch is biting, any replacements we bring in will probably be along the lines of your Ian Blacks... Bosman signings who are better than the team they're at, but not quite good enough to be snapped up immediately by an English club who can pay them 3 or 4 times the money we can.

But it's not all bad, because every other SPL team is just as badly off, even the OF (relatively).

If i was Vlad i would have Told Csaba to GTF if he wanted money for a Striker! He had 3 on the Bench on Saturday and Only gave 1 them 10 mins and one of them 5 and even them when they came on they replaced attacking players. We were 2-0 down ffs. Why the Feck would we waste more money on someone when he doesnt even give a bash to the ones we have. Csaba not putting on another striker until 80 mins on saturday was done to try and prove a point to Mad Vlad imo. However it has came back and bit his erse. Tuff T!!tties.

Well said Jayjay - Csaba has done well with a squad lacking in quality but his perseverance with this 1 upfront and a striker ( term used lightly ) who never looks like scoring in bewildering at times.

They don't windows closed, Drivrs here until the summer at least

Not 100% true. If Dynamo Kiev or another Russian / Scandanavian outfit wanted him he could go up until the end of February!

Highly unlikely for Driver but possibly Zaliukas?

Surely to goodness we could have had the deal all done in principle subject to berra going. Its not like the Berra transfer only came about today.

I'm just disappointed really

To be fair I am a tad disappointed that we didn't bring in the replacement for Berra as Csaba said he was basically waiting in the wings. Maybe Vlad said he would cost too much or something, who knows.

Not too disappointed about the Striker because I never really believed we would find one from the bargain basement that could do the business (because if a Striker is 'bargain basement' he probably isn't up to much, we may as well stick with Gary Glen/Calum Elliot:eek:).

Yes, but has Csaba actually demanded a striker signing or just pitched a few ideas? Anyway, what's the going rate for a proven striker these days? We made enquiries about Porter, clearly with a view to getting him on a free in the summer, and then he goes for ?400k and more. He was our best bet, but anyone who thinks any SPL team outside of Celtic would be paying that kind of money this window was living a fantasy.

Given that loan signings, unless they're from Kaunas, aren't Vlad's thing (where's the sell-on potential?) then guys like Glen, Elliot, Templeton are the short-term future. And as long as the credit crunch is biting, any replacements we bring in will probably be along the lines of your Ian Blacks... Bosman signings who are better than the team they're at, but not quite good enough to be snapped up immediately by an English club who can pay them 3 or 4 times the money we can.

But it's not all bad, because every other SPL team is just as badly off, even the OF (relatively).

Sensible post alert. This is no place for reasoned judgement, it's Kickback.

Why are we crediting romanov for getting rid of the dead wood. Who brought them to the feckin club in the first place. If he had been serious about replacements they would have been set up to go through as soon as the berra transfer was confirmed. It's the usual sheeite . The manager draws up a list. The list is virtally ignored and guess what? a couple of loanees arrive from Kaunes. Ok Balogh was signed but that could have gone through weeks ago. For Romanov to state that the team will not be weakened with Berra's departure is frankly , insulting. Can't believe some of the crap people are spouting about likely replacements.You can convince yourselves but you haven't convinced me guys.Wonder what csaba makes of it all.

portobellojambo1

In all honesty I did not expect anyone to come in, so find it difficult to be disappointed, after all my expectations have been met.

I also understand what jayjay says, although would have thought (with all the files kept in various Kaunas cupboards) that our strikers lack of goals would already be well documented.

A striker would have been a bonus, as would a replacement for Berra. In my opinion the defence has been weakened considerably, the best way to take pressure off the defence now is to concentrate on offence. Between now and the end of the season Csaba has to stop playing with bottles, glasses and bit of paper at functions, and get his tactics working on the park. We need to attack teams more, especially if we are more likely to concede by sitting back. The tail end of the season could be the chance for the likes of Glen, Templeton and others to shine (but not too much, we don't want them heading off come the Summer).

By 17:00 on Saturday 28 February we will have a much better idea of what the remainder of the season has in store, by then we will have faced Falkirk in the cup and both Aberdeen and Dundee United in the league.

At least Tanner gave us the line...."and Hibs, who haven't won the Scottish Cup since Adolf Hitler was 13, have been drawn against city rivals, Hearts!". :108years:

He's ripped that off of me!!

I posted on a thread about things that happened in that year after we put hubz oot that Adolf Hitler was 13 in that year!!

I want money for it! Now Tanner, you thieving barsteward!!!!!

Anyone with right type of membership able to search my posts and verify this?

Although I think it may have been after the upgrades wiped everyones post counts..

I did say it though..

Aye buying Pingol twice was a crazy waste of money:laugh::ahhhhhhh:

we had to buy him twice so that his other self was comfortable with the transfer.

Cpme to think of it, I posted that before the game...

Somebody check please... I'm annoyed now.. caps a cr** day as some bint crashed into me on the way home from work this afternoon..

do we still have Tullburg?

What's the score with him? Is he still injured? Last I heard was he was due back in training in mid-January.

rudi must stay
What's the score with him? Is he still injured? Last I heard was he was due back in training in mid-January.

think it's worse than that. Apparently he might not play for us again

"Again"?

That's a loss, he was doing so well for us as well. Back to Italy, you ponce.

Anyway, anyone who is trying to put a positive spin on today's events is clearly still suffering from the after-effects of Vlad-mania.

Yeah, we are obviously needing to raise money....and we did - all ?2.3m of it. I don't think anybody expected us to go and spend ?2m on a striker but it is unbelievable that we did not manage to freshen up our attack by even a loan signing. Even Sheridan would have been a benefit to us as he works hard and can hold the ball up (although I doubt sellick would have dealt with us the same way they did with McGhee).

As for Farkas, what a farce-as. It's like selling Berra took us by surprise.....c'mon, even if we were able to hold to Berra til the summer we should have been anticipating this by agreeing terms with the other club and the player but giving ourselves the chance to back out if Berra's sale fell through.

I wonder if Vlad forgets life is not like Football Manager and he can't just press pause while he makes a cup of tea.

And I do believe we are already starting to see the first sightings of the "let's wait until the summer and see what happens" comments. Lovin' it, you mad, deluded fools!!

:mad:

And I do believe we are already starting to see the first sightings of the "let's wait until the summer and see what happens" comments. Lovin' it, you mad, deluded fools!!

What else would you suggest? :)

What else would you suggest? :)

Obviously we can do nothing other than wait until the summer - at which point I confidently predict we will wait until january....and so on.

It's been 3 and a half years of decline now and each transfer window has been just as disappointing as the last. Why anyone thinks it will get better by the summer is beyond me.

ChemicalJambo

While disappointed at the lack of signings, I do think some people are skimming over keeping the likes of Bruno and Driver.

I think some would have been happier if as well as Berra we'd sold Driver for ?1m and then bought an average CH (Giraffe quality) and CF (Shiels quality) for ?300k each.

Driver is improving all the time, if he gets that good final ball on a more consistent basis then he'll be worth far more points than 2 average signings, so I'm delighted we've only lost the one player

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but,

We were too late, we missed the deadline for signing Farkas in this transfer window. WE have processed the rest of the "purchase" though and he will sign for Hearts but be unable to play until the next window?

SURELY if we want the player, and really tried to sign him we would not just let him go, would we? ;)

Obviously we can do nothing other than wait until the summer

:rofl:

Very good! My point was that we can do nothing but wait because we are only fans and therefore have no influence on club matters. What i do not like is this acceptance of our decline and this bizarre naivety and positivity when it comes to Vlad.

Yes, we will wait til summer....then January....then summer.....then it will 5 years since we were good. Still gonna wait???

My point was that we can do nothing but wait because we are only fans and therefore have no influence on club matters...

Still gonna wait???

Sorry - what exactly is my choice, then?

Sorry - what exactly is my choice, then?

My whole post - neatly avoided by you - states the frustration of following hearts these days. We wait, because we have no alternative but in the meantime we watch a declining team.

I just don't seem to see the next transfer window with the same positivity as some do on here.

We were too late, we missed the deadline for signing Farkas in this transfer window. WE have processed the rest of the "purchase" though and he will sign for Hearts but be unable to play until the next window?

SURELY if we want the player, and really tried to sign him we would not just let him go, would we? ;)

I wondered about this as well. Does this mean he joins Black on the list of summer newbies? I can't see us signing anyone for major money in the near future (Balogh was probably Csaba's January prize), as Vlad has seen precious little return on his investments. Once the dust settles on today's events, attention will turn to those players who might join later.

My whole post - neatly avoided by you - states the frustration of following hearts these days. We wait, because we have no alternative but in the meantime we watch a declining team.

I just don't seem to see the next transfer window with the same positivity as some do on here.

I didn't ignore it - it just didn't say anything important. You keep admitting that there's nothing we can do; that's the bottom line. Whether I choose to whinge about it on the internet or not is entirely irrelevant.

I would assume that any deal at that stage of a transfer window would be conditional on it being completed and the player being registered? If the move doesn't go through by deadline, the agreement is void?

Chad Sexington
I didn't ignore it - it just didn't say anything important. You keep admitting that there's nothing we can do; that's the bottom line. Whether I choose to whinge about it on the internet or not is entirely irrelevant.

Correct.

Also, I'd love to know more about this wonderful era in the past when Hearts fans had a full input into the clubs transfer policy.

It must have been marvelous.

Fair enough-ski.

Far too much time spent on this for now, methinks. Will raise it again this summer........

Correct.

Also, I'd love to know more about this wonderful era in the past when Hearts fans had a full input into the clubs transfer policy.

It must have been marvelous.

It never happened but I doubt there has been a period in our history when the fans and the club have been so far apart either.

Chad Sexington
It never happened but I doubt there has been a period in our history when the fans and the club have been so far apart either.

What about during the Pieman's attempts to take us to Murryfield?

We were hardly the Waltons then were we?

Jam Tarts 1874
Obviously we can do nothing other than wait until the summer - at which point I confidently predict we will wait until january....and so on.

It's been 3 and a half years of decline now and each transfer window has been just as disappointing as the last. Why anyone thinks it will get better by the summer is beyond me.

Seems to me that you can't count. For it to be 3 and a half years of decline the first Romanov season would have to have been worse than the pre-ceeding one - which it clearly wasn't.

And I don't see how we can possibly be in decline now compared to last season both on and off the pitch.

Jam Tarts 1874

You don't know what you are talking about. I watched so called Hearts fans throwing their scarves at Mercer, chanting for him to get out and abusing him in front of his family the season we failed to get promotion.

I am wondering what it is that you are really so angry about. If you are genuinely an Hearts fan and you are getting yourself so worked up about the January transfer window (transfers are not compulsory by the way) then I suggest that you get a life!

I wondered about this as well. Does this mean he joins Black on the list of summer newbies? I can't see us signing anyone for major money in the near future (Balogh was probably Csaba's January prize), as Vlad has seen precious little return on his investments. Once the dust settles on today's events, attention will turn to those players who might join later.

IMO, if we really wanted to sign him and really tried to sign him he will be signed and will come with Black at the commencement of the next window. If that is not the case, IMO, we never tried to sign him.

I would assume that any deal at that stage of a transfer window would be conditional on it being completed and the player being registered? If the move doesn't go through by deadline, the agreement is void?

There is nothing in the rules that states that. The only thing that happens is that the transfer is treated like any other closed window deal and the player cannot join up with the new club yet.

Just in from work and missed all the fun.

:laugh:

Some people get in a right state don't they? I wish I had nothing more important going on in my life worth worrying about.

Archived