Pavol Farkas - [MERGED]

Greedy_Jambo

what is really embarassing is that motherwell have gone out and strengthened by bringing in sheridan and another striker from birmingham on loan. why can we not go to premiership or championship sides and take young guys on loan. adam hamill of liverpool has just gone to barnsley or someone on loan. we cannot even sign one fecking player and we had a whole month to do it. if they say we ran out of time it is unacceptable.

also if we had not wasted probably the best part of 4 million pounds on pinilla makela and pinilla we would have been in a better position

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something's up here, when we haven't even secured either of the Kaunas boys on loan. Reckon Vlad's pulled the purse strings, cut then off and then buried the purse somewhere only he knows.

Still, it really could be much worse!

17yr old Marius Zukovas has joined on loan...

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1541881,00.html

what is really embarassing is that motherwell have gone out and strengthened by bringing in sheridan and another striker from birmingham on loan. why can we not go to premiership or championship sides and take young guys on loan. adam hamill of liverpool has just gone to barnsley or someone on loan. we cannot even sign one fecking player and we had a whole month to do it. if they say we ran out of time it is unacceptable.

also if we had not wasted probably the best part of 4 million pounds on pinilla makela and pinilla we would have been in a better position

Don't worry - Clum is back! :mw_rolleyes:

Hopefully this gives templeton an opportunity to push on. Im a little disappointed but hey ho it could be worse.

Aye buying Pingol twice was a crazy waste of money:laugh::ahhhhhhh:

No excuses, a loan player from Kahoonas would have sufficed imo.

I find it funny people are now moaning we HAVEN'T brought anyone in from Kaunas! :laugh:

I want to know if we've got him or not, although it does look like we have.

The Old Tolbooth
dundee utd also strengthened we are going to be left behind in race for third

They also lost Flood, which imo weakens their midfield quite a bit as I rated that guy highly, just a shame he joined the mhanks.

Sorry, was referring to this line in Banderson's piece : "Marius Cinikas and Vygantas Zubavicius, on trial from FBK Kaunas, were expected to agree loan deals."

Oh right sorry, looks like thats it though 17 yr old kid from Kaunas and Balogh...shocking !!:mad:

always seem to be going to do something but as usual do nothing. It would be better if they were honest and just said we are signing no one nor taking anyone on loan. I can live with the truth easier than I can live with lies

always seem to be going to do something but as usual do nothing. It would be better if they were honest and just said we are signing no one nor taking anyone on loan. I can live with the truth easier than I can live with lies

Could have been worse we could have had players begging and whoring themselves in the media to leave. :rolleyes:

We've signed Balogh.

Come on guys you didn't really think we wouild sign anyone did you?

On the up side the fire sale of our top players never materialised, that'll pi55 off the likes of Chick Young.

watched flood's press conference earlier. he really is an ugly little goblin and he does not sound the brightest spark either

Who to believe - Chick Young or David Tanner?

Tough call that.

At least Tanner gave us the line...."and Hibs, who haven't won the Scottish Cup since Adolf Hitler was 13, have been drawn against city rivals, Hearts!". :108years:

I didn't expect us to sign a striker so my hopes aren't dashed.

I'm surprised the OP has allowed himself to get so angry, considering our prepetual ineptitiude at the January window.

I think we've signed an able goalkeeper, but Berra will be a bigger loss than what many on here might give him credit for. Still, we just have to get on with it.

At least we didn't have the fire sale that one downmaket tabloid proclaimed.

Buffalo Bill

Dr Ian Malcolm

He seemed pleased he didn't have to shell out ?40 for his Celtic strip.

What a *****.

With Campbell Ogilvie at the helm we would not miss a deadline...we either made it or we were never signing him and Vlad thinks we are even thicker for taking it all in than we really are!!

My sentiments entirely john, there is no way CO would be so unprofessional to miss a deadline, just another pathetic excuse

Theres no excuses for missing the deadline on this guy. Weve had all weekend to get him signed its not like he was a last minute attempt to get someone signed. His name was being spoken about yesterday.

In my sceptical opinion the deadline signing was missed deliberately so a statement could be released saying "We tried but unfortunately were too late in getting the paperwork finalised" or "There was complications in the paperwork"

Complete shambles and no excuse whatsoever.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Cant honestly say anyone signed by any other SPL club around us particularly fills me with dread. Sheridan looks like a bit of a carthorse and whilst people talk Paul Caddis up, he's not going to get the Arabs third place on his own. The credit crunch has kicked in big time IMO. No one has done anything much and by finally signing The Baloch, we have become possibly the biggest spenders in the league!!

Really disappointed we havent brought in a striker but the lack of even a decent rumour suggested it wasnt going to happen. We have started scoring a few more goals (3 against Inverness is an avalanche for us) but third place is going to be difficult. But having said that, no one on the back of this transfer window has emerged as a clear favourite. Its as you were really.

I think the most significant thing is that Vlad has spent much of this window undoing most of the damage he has done over the last few seasons. A few hard lessons have obviously been learned over the last few weeks/months and big financial drains are being kicked out. This in the long term me prove every bit as significant for the club than any new signing

guess the Berre wage is being saved and not reallocated to another loan player. Is this another indication of how hard up we are

They also lost Flood, which imo weakens their midfield quite a bit as I rated that guy highly, just a shame he joined the mhanks.

Yup

Losing the laddie Scott Robertson (or RObinson?) is a blow for them too - decent player him, so without him and Flood, their midfield (their strongest dept for me) has been seriously weakened

Keep the faith!!!! We may see more of GG and you neer know, Clum may do ok (hardhat on!)

Seems very strange to me. Ballogh is the last deal on the Sky Sports transfer section, so if we can get him through how can we not get the other deal through?

Once again I am left underwhelmed after the Transfer Window.

The ploy of "maybe's" or soft admissions of interest have not left Hearts open to false promises but have left myself disappointed that we have still not managed to bring in a striker to challenge the existing group. Surely that is not too much to ask? Time will tell.

Cant honestly say anyone signed by any other SPL club around us particularly fills me with dread. Sheridan looks like a bit of a carthorse and whilst people talk Paul Caddis up, he's not going to get the Arabs third place on his own. The credit crunch has kicked in big time IMO. No one has done anything much and by finally signing The Baloch, we have become possibly the biggest spenders in the league!!

Really disappointed we havent brought in a striker but the lack of even a decent rumour suggested it wasnt going to happen. We have started scoring a few more goals (3 against Inverness is an avalanche for us) but third place is going to be difficult. But having said that, no one on the back of this transfer window has emerged as a clear favourite. Its as you were really.

I think the most significant thing is that Vlad has spent much of this window undoing most of the damage he has done over the last few seasons. A few hard lessons have obviously been learned over the last few weeks/months and big financial drains are being kicked out. This in the long term me prove every bit as significant for the club than any new signing

Guid mate. Agree here.

A positive for me is that Csaba has looked at the squad, told VR who should go and they've gone. Seems to be listening

Ok, Csabs also identified signings and we didnt get them, but VR has said himself that their will be changes in the summer, so lets be patient and see what happens, hopefully get 3rd, 4th would kinda do and go from there

Malinga the Swinga

What a load of wingers we are. We lost one first team player, for the highest sum in the transfer window in Scotland, and the expected flood of a fire sale never took place. We got rid of Basso and Makela and some youngsters were released.

Just because we never signed anyone, other than the excellent Balogh, it's toys out of the pram time. If we had signed Farkas, people would have claimed it was a panic buy, and exactly what forward were we desparate to have. Hopefully Glen can continue to progress, and Templeton can come through. If the worst comes to bear, we can give Elliot a try with a proper manager.

McGowan can cover at the back and we still have Driver, Bruno and Karapidis in the squad, so I don't think it should be all doom and gloom. There is no point in taking loan signigs from the premiership, just because they are available. If they are/were that good, why are the clubs letting them go on loan and not playing them.

guess the Berre wage is being saved and not reallocated to another loan player. Is this another indication of how hard up we are

Berre?

:smell_hobo:

What a load of wingers we are. We lost one first team player, for the highest sum in the transfer window in Scotland, and the expected flood of a fire sale never took place. We got rid of Basso and Makela and some youngsters were released.

Just because we never signed anyone, other than the excellent Balogh, it's toys out of the pram time. If we had signed Farkas, people would have claimed it was a panic buy, and exactly what forward were we desparate to have. Hopefully Glen can continue to progress, and Templeton can come through. If the worst comes to bear, we can give Elliot a try with a proper manager.

McGowan can cover at the back and we still have Driver, Bruno and Karapidis in the squad, so I don't think it should be all doom and gloom. There is no point in taking loan signigs from the premiership, just because they are available. If they are/were that good, why are the clubs letting them go on loan and not playing them.

that's all pretty much fair comment, but I think we undersold Berra. hopefully we have a sell on fee.

Fair points however we had plenty time to get this guy in as a replacement but the club have used the convenient excuse which many felt they would that time ran out. if that is the case thats not good enough

Agree completely and it's massive that we've managed to keep hold of our two best players IMO - Aguiar and Driver.

Sniff sniff ...you should be more worried about your own team;)

Remember they have an extra day in England, still plenty of time to sell Driver, nothing would surprise me with that muppet in town.:mad:

Malinga the Swinga
that's all pretty much fair comment, but I think we undersold Berra. hopefully we have a sell on fee.

Time will tell I suppose. With the lack of moves involving money, it isn't just us that are feeling the credit crunch. Take away the premiership and pretty much we got a decent sum.

Will be interesting to see what happens at Rangers as they desperately wanted to move someone on to get at least ?4 million, and they got nothing.

Nonsense. I see myself as more of a defensive midifelder.

Malinga the Swinga
Remember they have an extra day in England, still plenty of time to sell Driver, nothing would surprise me with that muppet in town.:mad:

Didn't think they had extra day. They had a bit more time to agree personal terms and medical but teams need to have reached agreement on fee by just after 5pm, and that has to have been sent to FA. Who knows.

Sorry, not true. There's no an extra day in England. All they've agreed is that clubs can have more time to complete the formalities (i.e player putting pen to paper) but only when it was all already agreed by clubs and player in advance and all parties had emailed the FA saying such before the 5pm deadline.

rudi must stay

disagree. Flood was deemed not good enough for the Premiership look how well he's done in Scotland. Stokes did well in Scotland as well, he's done nothing in the Premiership, because it's a far better league. Bringing in a youngster from one of the clubs who could afford to send them out on loan would have been a great idea :mw_rolleyes:

Didn't think they had extra day. They had a bit more time to agree personal terms and medical but teams need to have reached agreement on fee by just after 5pm, and that has to have been sent to FA. Who knows.

They don't windows closed, Drivrs here until the summer at least

On another positive note, bye bye to Ksanavicious, Basso and Makela, Jamie Mole is away for the rest of the season too. A fair bit off the wage bill and the Berra transfer fee will (hopefully) go to service the debt.

I'm not disappointed we signed no-one of note (apart from the balogh, and canny wait for him to get back between the sticks). Not because i didn't think we could have done with a Striker and a replacement for Berra, but because I didn't expect us to bring anyone in anyway. We are in a financial crisis remember, Strikers cost money. In an ideal World we would have signed our super Striker and a top defender and there would be no problems, but this isn't an ideal World, so dry your eyes princess.

Do I think we can still get third? Well of course we can, our defence has been weakened by Berra going, and that has to be addressed but we are almost exactly two thirds of the way through the season and 3rd equal just now. Absolutely NO reason to believe we can't keep in that particular mix. Remember too that our main rivals (IMO) for that third spot are also weakened by Willo Flood going to Celtic as their new bench warmer.

As I said before, we were expecting to lose half our first team, we only lost Berra. It could have been a LOT worse.

We missed the boat on a couple of players, but be honest, half of us on here would have only moaned about them being 'not SPL standard' or Kaunas rejects anyway so who cares.

Archived