Pavol Farkas - [MERGED]

Greedy_Jambo

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to skysports news! Replacement for Berra! Lets hope it goes through; think that snow in London has delayed him coming in ;)

FTH

Its over....the window closed at 5

aye skysports just said that we missed out! and sometimes deals can be done later than 5; see Benjani to man city..

tartofmidlothian

We were trying to sign him, but the 5pm deadline was missed. So say SSN.

Same thing just happened with Arshavin, apparently.

Robbie Keane's gone through, though.

Players can still be registered after 5 pm though providing they can provide email evidence between the 2 clubs stating that everything has been agreed. Not sure how long after 5 pm this applies for but I read it on Sky Sports website earlier on.

HEARTS FOREVER
sounds as if we had submitted the paperwork but we didnt get it in on time

Joke.

typical january carrot dangling for the fans and Vr pocketing another ?2.3m

tartofmidlothian
Players can still be registered after 5 pm though providing they can provide email evidence between the 2 clubs stating that everything has been agreed. Not sure how long after 5 pm this applies for but I read it on Sky Sports website earlier on.

This is in England only, apparently.

only in england, the sfa refused to moved the deadline.

Malinga the Swinga

Once the SFA had checked wiith the Old Firm that they were not going to sign anyone at the last moment, the deadline would not be moved.

I think this was only in England, buddy.

Joke. typical january carrot dangling for the fans and Vr pocketing another ?2.3m
There was no carrot. I am disappointed too but I am still able to recognise we were not promised anyone and our debt dictated our lack of activity just like opt British clubs this transfer window.

So says BBC radio Scotland just now. Says that last minute efforts have borne fruit and this guy is on his way to replace Berra.

Just heard on bbc scotland that the transfer of farkas has went down to the last minute and he is due to arrive at tynecastle! (wich is a bit odd considering its now5.30pm)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
So says BBC radio Scotland just now. Says that last minute efforts have borne fruit and this guy is on his way to replace Berra.

Can he still sign at this time of night? (IE Well after the deadline.)

This is in England only, apparently.

Nah I remember from a previous window they had a guy from the SFA on saying the deadline was not strict and if a deal was in place then it can still go through. You have to have a cut off point at some stage but if deals are nearly done around 5 I am sure they will go through.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Joke.

typical january carrot dangling for the fans and Vr pocketing another ?2.3m

For what purpose?

Suspect Device
Well lets hope so

certainly hope so too, defo stated it, I was beginning tio think i'd been hearing things :laugh:

see below

Just said on bbc scotland that he's due to sign!!! wopohooo

tartofmidlothian
Does anyone know if he's any good, before we get too excited?

I believe he's Csaba's choice, so that's a step in the right direction!

certainly hope so too, defo stated it, I was beginning tio think i'd been hearing things :laugh:

Same here :laugh:

I wouldn't put it pass the BBC to mess up though. Would be just our luck.

Just said on bbc scotland that he's due to sign!!! wopohooo

I heard this too after SSN said we'd miss him - so who knows for sure?

whoopee lets all get excited about signing a defender when we have no strikers. this boy may well be a great player and we did need a centre half but we would have coped without signing one for the sake of signing someone to play up top

berrathanhibs
Once the SFA had checked wiith the Old Firm that they were not going to sign anyone at the last moment, the deadline would not be moved.

thats about right m8

It doesn't state on the hearts website that that is the transfer window concluded or anything. so im still sitting here in hope like a right numpty.

With Campbell Ogilvie at the helm we would not miss a deadline...we either made it or we were never signing him and Vlad thinks we are even thicker for taking it all in than we really are!!

The Premier League has agreed to extend the transfer deadline for clubs who cannot complete deals because of the weather conditions.

The League said it would need e-mail confirmation from both teams to prove a deal had been agreed in principle.

It also need to be satisfied that it was the weather that had prevented the transfer being completed.

The Scottish Football Association and Football League say they have no plans to extend the transfer window.

A Football League spokesman said: "We have not had any clubs indicate any problems, so at the moment there are no plans to extend the deadline."

Registering a player can be completed after the deadline providing there is sufficient evidence of an agreement between clubs and player.

I think we'd have heard by now if he was. The website article states it covers "all the deadline day moves" which suggests not and that the BBC are wrong. What a surprise if so...

Registering a player can be completed after the deadline providing there is sufficient evidence of an agreement between clubs and player.

But only if the necessary information/ documentation is received by SFA before the deadline...?

so what's happening then? Hey I know we still have no striker but a replacement for Berra would be better than sweet FA :mw_rolleyes:

But only if the necessary information/ documentation is received by SFA before the deadline...?

The guy from registrations said paperwork can be delayed sometimes and late being recieved, and they can still register a player after the deadline. if it was seen that the player had signed for the club before the deadline was up or in exceptional circumstances

Archived