Keegan at Newcastle (NHMFC) (merged threads)

Cigaro

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
how long has keegan been out the game for? a lot has changed in that time.

Only since 2005 when he left Man City.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris
Only since 2005 when he left Man City.

oh yeah, thought it was longer. Still - even in a couple of seasons if he's not been keeping an eye on the premiership he's going to be starting from a disadvantaged position.

It just seems like an appointment to appease the Newcastle fans rather than one that will do them any good.

Geordies are Scots with their brains bashed in.

maybe if they had a manager that could sign class defenders they might stand a chance of winning summat.

thats out the window with the arrival of keegan; it'll be 2 full backs as centre halves, a couple of wingers as full backs, no defensive/holding MF, all attacking MF's & three strikers each game. ;)

fun to watch though. :527:

Now there's a quiz question:- Name an international class Newcastle defender, past or present. (Carr doesn't count because he's not!)

Philippe albert possibly but where was he played? correct MF!

before that Bobby Moncur?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

My god...

Just been on SSN that one fan, who is expecting a baby in a few days time, Is going to call his baby Kevin Keegan (Norris i think was the surname)

How mental would you really have to be?? It's only been 2 hours since he got the job.

At least they never humiliated it and called it Hibernian Kydd!

Sorry like. I can't see any. Please point me in the right direction.

Nevermind. I see it.

Remind Me makem, the toon have been terrible so far this season ,but aren't the Toon above you're club in the league.

Commander Harris

Remind Me makem, the toon have been terrible so far this season ,but aren't the Toon above you're club in the league.

hibs are well above us - doesn't mean we can't rip the pish. :)

Millfield_Mackem

Yes, yes they are. I just find it laughable that some fans think KK is the messiah. Fickle ****s.

They did play some great football, though, first time around.

I'm thinking Phillipe Albert's goal v Man Utd.

I think it will end in tears after 12 months but it might be fun watching them.

Sorry if I sounded like a Hibs fan there! :wacko:

Buffalo Bill

Yes, yes they are. I just find it laughable that some fans think KK is the messiah. Fickle ****s.

He did take the club from the old 1st to champions league football and nearly the premiership.

That is kinda messiah like. :cool:

Millfield_Mackem
He did take the club from the old 1st to champions league football and nearly the premiership.

That is kinda messiah like. :cool:

With no medals to show for his messiahship.

siegementality
The fickle cu*ts are queuing around the corner for tickets for tonights game.

I'd love it, just love it, if they went down.

Sorry mate more chance of your mob going down than them.

FWIW I think Keegans appointment is a masterstroke. Exactly what that club needed at this time. Throw Shearer into the mix and they have their next manager learning under the guidance of Keegan.

With the money Ashley has and the experience and motivational skills of Keegan I predict happier times ahead for the toon army.

Commander Harris
Sure you get a medal for winning the league :eek:

trust a hibs fan to count the first division ;)

Many times in various posts I've suggested Keegan for Hearts I'm gutted he's gone to Newcastle I wanted him at Tynecastle.

Keegan was living in Scotland and I think he may have come to Tynecastle.

Are Hearts going to get a bigger name than Keegan?

The fickle cu*ts are queuing around the corner for tickets for tonights game.

I'd love it, just love it, if they went down.

Fickle? Your stadium of sheeite is never full even for Premiership games and you only had 20k for your FA Cup defeat the other Saturday.

How about you feck off and worry about the o'mackems relegation battle. You've plenty experience of those, unfortunately you usually lose them

Millfield_Mackem
Sorry mate more chance of your mob going down than them.

FWIW I think Keegans appointment is a masterstroke. Exactly what that club needed at this time. Throw Shearer into the mix and they have their next manager learning under the guidance of Keegan.

With the money Ashley has and the experience and motivational skills of Keegan I predict happier times ahead for the toon army.

Ermmm... That was a p*sstake mate. :rolleyes:

Keegan is a proven failure. Walked out when the going gets tough. Man City- Walked, England- Walked, Newcastle- Walked.

Keegans appointment is only a masterstroke as they can't get the metro to advertise tickets these days.

Many times in various posts I've suggested Keegan for Hearts I'm gutted he's gone to Newcastle I wanted him at Tynecastle.

Keegan was living in Scotland and I think he may have come to Tynecastle.

Are Hearts going to get a bigger name than Keegan?

Keegan was only ever going to back into management with Newcastle and

Newcastle only. He's be off his nut to go to Hearts.:confused:

With Newcastle? I don't think so.

He won the old 1st Div = medal no?

He done an amazing job 1st time round and with Shearer its an amazing appointment. :cool:

Millfield_Mackem
Fickle? Your stadium of sheeite is never full even for Premiership games and you only had 20k for your FA Cup defeat the other Saturday.

How about you feck off and worry about the o'mackems relegation battle. You've plenty experience of those, unfortunately you usually lose them

Ermmm.... This is an arguement about Newcastle and Keegan not Sunderland. A stupid comment from yourself shows what a knacker you are.

Hearts are my favourite Scottish but with 'fans' like yourself making comments like that, you may just change my mind. I think Hearts are in the **** more than us, so how about you keep yourself and reply to the post not to the poster.

siegementality
Ermmm... That was a p*sstake mate. :rolleyes:

Keegan is a proven failure. Walked out when the going gets tough. Man City- Walked, England- Walked, Newcastle- Walked.

Keegans appointment is only a masterstroke as they can't get the metro to advertise tickets these days.

They've managed to sell more tickets for tonights game since lunch time than

your total attendance on Saturday. Now that's a masterstroke.

Their ticket sales and merchandising will go through the roof. They will be able to attract the quality of player required to compete at the top level, and with Ashleys money they might just might make the EPL the "big five".

Sad day to be a Mackem:p.

He won the old 1st Div = medal no?

He done an amazing job 1st time round and with Shearer its an amazing appointment. :cool:

Of course he did an amazing job. His 1995/96 team and Hearts 1985/86 were easily the best football seasons I've ever enjoyed, despite both teams falling at the final hurdle.

Sunderland and Hibs fans respectively take great delight at these so-called "failures", but only because their own wee teams have never come anywhere near a Premier League title.

Commander Harris

M_M - I think you're getting a hard time bacause a fair number of edinburgh folk support newcastle as their English team. I for one think you are spot on though - appointment to appease the deluded Newcastle support - and they've totally mopped it up. A few weeks time they'll be screaming for his head. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If you want entertainment on a Saturday, go to the cinema.

B.Williamson former flair team manager

when he was managing Newcastle he only really had MAn U to compete with, now he has Arsenal, possibly the best footballing team in the world in terms of technique and entertainment, (even better than hibs!) and Chelsea, the richest team in the world. Then look at teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs who have far better squads in place, and the fact that Newcastles best player is in jail more often than Kenny Richey.

Not trying to discredit his achievements from last time round, hes just not the person id turn to in a situation like this,

What a joke of a appointment. I hope they bring Shearer in aswell to complete the comedy club.

Actually, has keegan resigned yet??

Millfield_Mackem
They've managed to sell more tickets for tonights game since lunch time than

your total attendance on Saturday. Now that's a masterstroke.

Their ticket sales and merchandising will go through the roof. They will be able to attract the quality of player required to compete at the top level, and with Ashleys money they might just might make the EPL the "big five".

Sad day to be a Mackem:p.

You must be joking. I can't wait till falls to pieces and ends up in tears. They've been able to attract 'top quality players' for years. Yet what have they won?

Millfield_Mackem
M_M - I think you're getting a hard time bacause a fair number of edinburgh folk support newcastle as their English team. I for one think you are spot on though - appointment to appease the deluded Newcastle support - and they've totally mopped it up. A few weeks time they'll be screaming for his head. :)

Someone who see's sense. If they lose three games and don't play the old gung ho football to what they were used to in the 90's they will be screaming for him to be sacked.

It will end in tears.

Someone who see's sense. If they lose three games and don't play the old gung ho football to what they were used to in the 90's they will be screaming for him to be sacked.

It will end in tears.

A win in the Cup the night would be a good start though. :cool:

Should just have appointed Shearer.

He'd ****** it up royally and take the pressure off all the managers that followed so they wouldn't have the "Shearer for Manager" pish after every bad result.

I like KK though, seems a nice honest guy and he play's football the way it's meant to be be played but i still feel he's a bad appointment this time round.

That pressure and expection is fully on him this time to repeat what he has previously in a league which has changed beyond recognition. Anyone back then had a "chance" to do something, now it's the same 4 every year and even then only 3 have won it. Not to mention his previously brilliant Newcastle team has been replaced with ****e.

Millfield_Mackem
A win in the Cup the night would be a good start though. :cool:

I'd love it if they got beat, just love it.

siegementality
You must be joking. I can't wait till falls to pieces and ends up in tears. They've been able to attract 'top quality players' for years. Yet what have they won?

Two thirds of feck all. About the same as Sunderland.

Ermmm.... This is an arguement about Newcastle and Keegan not Sunderland. A stupid comment from yourself shows what a knacker you are.

Hearts are my favourite Scottish but with 'fans' like yourself making comments like that, you may just change my mind. I think Hearts are in the **** more than us, so how about you keep yourself and reply to the post not to the poster.

A mackem starts a thread slagging Newcastle fans and I'm the stupid one for making a comparison between them and sunderland fans? Typical distorted mackem logic.

So you might change your mind about Hearts being your favourite team? Well I'm sorry to hear that, but a preference for ignoring the truth about your own team in favour of celebrating your rivals' perceived "failures" marks you out as more of a hobo anyway.

Millfield_Mackem

No need to point out the obvious. I can take all the flak aslong as it is constructive criticism. When it gets personal is when things get out of hand.

Millfield_Mackem
A mackem starts a thread slagging Newcastle fans and I'm the stupid one for making a comparison between them and sunderland fans? Typical distorted mackem logic.

So you might change your mind about Hearts being your favourite team? Well I'm sorry to hear that, but a preference for ignoring the truth about your own team in favour of celebrating your rivals' perceived "failures" marks you out as more of a hobo anyway.

Jesus wept. I know Sunderland are medicore and have been for 30/40 years, Newcastle think they have a divine right to be at the top. They've done nothing to merit being at the top season in, season out.

Sunderland's won more tbh, if the Championship can be counted as an "honour" for Newcastle Sunderland's humped them in recent years.

Jesus wept. I know Sunderland are medicore and have been for 30/40 years, Newcastle think they have a divine right to be at the top. They've done nothing to merit being at the top season in, season out.

Says who? That's exactly the sort of rubbish Sky have been feeding everybody throughout this whole process.

To quote fans' website nufc.com (I'm sure you're an avid reader) before Keegan's appointment:

"Our hopes now are three-fold: none of which necessarily involve the acquisition of cups.

A team to be supported with pleasure, not a heavy heart and a sense of duty.....

A manager we don't feel ambivalent, embarrassed or downright grubby about supporting....

For the rest of the planet to **** right off and mind their own business.

Are these unrealistic expectations? Probably".

Nothing there about expecting to be at the top, despite what Jim White and his team of talking heads might tell you.

Millfield_Mackem
Says who? That's exactly the sort of rubbish Sky have been feeding everybody throughout this whole process.

To quote fans' website nufc.com (I'm sure you're an avid reader) before Keegan's appointment:

"Our hopes now are three-fold: none of which necessarily involve the acquisition of cups.

A team to be supported with pleasure, not a heavy heart and a sense of duty.....

A manager we don't feel ambivalent, embarrassed or downright grubby about supporting....

For the rest of the planet to **** right off and mind their own business.

Are these unrealistic expectations? Probably".

Nothing there about expecting to be at the top, despite what Jim White and his team of talking heads might tell you.

Tbf, i know a fair few of mags, quite alot actually. Every single one of them think they should be back at the top. I know a few people who also know mags and they think that also. Maybe it is a minority, but there is a hell of alot of newcastle fans who think the same.

They should get their heads down and do what they need and want do, not broadcast it to the world what FFS did. They tell the world they are going to buy big name players who will bring them success, yet year in and year out, not once ounce of silver appears at their stadium.

Here was Mike Ashley saying aswell he didn't want Allardyce but he went with it and now he said he wants his head to rule his heart.

well apart from adding to his pot of cash with that appointment he needs his head looked at bcause it is going to be a very empty trophy room

AGAIN

Victor Meldrew
Keegan-Newcastle

As predicted on the phone last night mate!

FJ manager predictions 1 Meldrew manager Predictions 0

hahaha!

Pah!

You just got lucky.

If, as you also predicted, we get Ketsbaia as our manager I'll give you some credit.

Anyway, the deluded Geordie mob will be delighted to have another manager who will give them 'flair football' and win nothing.

Newcastle United FC: the Hibernian of England

Tbf, i know a fair few of mags, quite alot actually. Every single one of them think they should be back at the top. I know a few people who also know mags and they think that also. Maybe it is a minority, but there is a hell of alot of newcastle fans who think the same.

I'm a season-ticket holder at SJP and don't know a single fan who thinks they should be "at the top", if by that you mean winning the Premier League.

However, with the 5th best record since the Premier League began, they are surely entitled to aspire to that position and mount a challenge for a top 4 spot. In the same way that Hearts are entitled to aspire to at least 3rd in the SPL and hopefully challenge the Old Firm.

Bad loser!

you know that Ketsbaia was an idle speculation on my part...

however, if he does end up as our manager I will provide the ketchup to make your hat go down a bit better!

Pah!

You just got lucky.

If, as you also predicted, we get Ketsbaia as our manager I'll give you some credit.

Anyway, the deluded Geordie mob will be delighted to have another manager who will give them 'flair football' and win nothing.

Newcastle United FC: the Hibernian of England

Archived