Keegan at Newcastle (NHMFC) (merged threads)

Cigaro

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All together now...we would love it if he was the new manager...LOVE IT... (smoke comes out of ears).

Seriously, am I the only one that finds this a really weird appointment? Mr Ashley's heart ruling his head?

All together now...we would love it if he was the new manager...LOVE IT... (smoke comes out of ears).

Seriously, am I the only one that finds this a really weird appointment? Mr Ashley's heart ruling his head?

Certainly out of the blue for me.

He'll win his first 4-5 games

On a high

Get beat the next 4-5 games

KEEGAN OUT

KEEGAN OUT

Sacked

Shearer in

Then etc etc!

When you look at things at newcastle, they're mangerial record is no worse than ours! Good luck King Kev, if they're looking to put pride and passion back into newcastle imo they've got the only man for the job! All the best.

hahaha, worst appointment ever!

Why?

Hes the closest Newcastle have came to winning anything in the last 50 years or so

depends how much money he gets to spend

Ashley is worth ?950 million.

Keegan will probably need all of it to turn them around.

As someone else has already posted : a weird appointment.

Shearer as his assisant is my bet!!

It'll be a cold day in hell when that happens, two massive egos that will not let the other get ahead

How about a combo of Keegan and the legend that is... Ruud Guillit?

"So Ruud, how did you think your first game went with Keegan and Newcastle?!"

"We played Seexy Foootbal!

Ace!

Aswell as that RG talks very very good sense as a pundit like Jamie Rednapp, Guillit would be a brilliant addition.

Wonder what the odds are for a repeat of the classic Liverpool v Newcastle?

Can't wait until his first game. When Martins comes back a front three of:

Martins Viduka Owen

Managing Newcastle is a huge challenge for anyone Keegan included.

One of the genuine advantages he has is that, thanks to the goodwill he still enjoys on Tyneside, he can probably get away with a longer "transitional period" than anybody else would before getting crushed by the weight of the expectations of the Geordie public.

the Geordies are as delusional as the manky lot from Leith if they think Keegan is going to get them anything.

Some things are best kept in the past i think this is going to end in tears they are desperate and if things don't go there way quickly Keegan will soon be gone

Shearer must be clever enough to relise it is a poisoned chalice

Victor Meldrew
Great appointment. Wonder if O'Leary will come back to Leeds.

What's O'Leary up to nowadays?

I know he'd never go for it, but there would be worse appointments for us than him.

I know he'd never go for it, but there would be worse appointments for us than him.

Nothing since Villa fired him. Shame. Took a predominantly British team to the Semi Finals of the Champions League, so must have something going for him.

BangkokHearts

I reckon it's a decent appointment.

My Newcastle supporting mate is over the moon about it.

Goldstone Wonder

Please God, no. Can't stand the man.

Was thinking about David O'Leary the other day. Wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got him.

Keegan-Newcastle

As predicted on the phone last night mate!

FJ manager predictions 1 Meldrew manager Predictions 0

hahaha!

tommythejambo
Was thinking about David O'Leary the other day. Wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got him.

I personally think the debt is bad enough as it is.

Keegan will either be a great appointment or a very bad one. Personally I think Newcastle need someone to sort things out at the back...Keegan isn't the man to do that if you ask me.

Nope, I'm still trying to figure out why the hell they've appointed Keegan again???

Miller Jambo 60
**** me never saw that coming. Think this could end in tears for everyone....

WHY the guy was a great player:)

Get kumping on the Toon at 4/6. Surely buying money. Will be full house with place buzzing. Surely those overpaid players they have will do the business. I got a ton on.:dribble: Double them with Gers for even money.

My son who lives in Newcastle is now planning to leave the city before it gets to excited about the KK return. There ticketline for tonights match is in melt down because they all wont to see Fuller put them out the Cup tonight. :)

They have sold over 20,000 tickets since lunchtime !

Delighted for a couple of mates who are ST holders down there. Their fans have deserved so much more (not unlike us !!).

I'm delighted for the Toon. Their fans crave good football and they will certainly get that with Keegan in charge.

English football needs another team to break into the elite clubs in the Premiership. With the financial clout and support that Newcastle have then they are better placed than most to do this.

Millfield_Mackem

The fickle cu*ts are queuing around the corner for tickets for tonights game.

I'd love it, just love it, if they went down.

Millfield_Mackem
There's already a thread on this.

Sorry like. I can't see any. Please point me in the right direction.

Nevermind. I see it.

Millfield_Mackem

Mike Ashley has went for the easy option of appointing Keegan as manager. He's realised they arn't as big club as he thought they were (Arry turning them down).

He's inherited a team full of players who only care about payday. Keegan is well known for his gung ho tatics. The premiership has changed completely from 10 years ago. He isn't clued up on the defensive side of things, the defence he has inherited isn't exactly clued up on the basics of defending. You can play with as many attacking minded players as you want, but you're ****ed if you don't have any defenders.

Keegan has admitted he hasn't watched a premiership game in over the year. He's in for a shock.

I'm baffled at this bizarra appointments. NUFC fans are probably the most fickle fans on the planet. I've already had mag fans saying they will reach Europe THIS season.

Bizarre. Strange. Delusional.

Archived