Zaliukas comments on Brines

Coco

Have I forgotten how well Zal has played in a handful of games this season ?

Not at all.

But would I prefere a Hearts player who is equally as good if not better to be playing instead then of course I would.

We could do with raising the profile and value of a player Hearts will be able to profit from as opposed to a player another Club ?

EJ deserves to keep his place imo just like I thought Chesney deserved to keep his place v Killie.

You are not in a position to accurately judge and until Csaba stops getting results, there is not much more you can do than accuse people above of making Csaba play Zaliukas. This is a lie that you shouldnt pedal.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair I think Zal knew he was making mistakes and has stated so, and tried to improve. What more can you ask for, other than he has tried to improve. If only Stewart would do the same he could be a great player for us.

Im proud of Zal, a relatively young chap who has had to deal with a lot but has came out the other end. Well played this year Zal!

Im proud of Zal, a relatively young chap who has had to deal with a lot but has came out the other end. Well played this year Zal!

You are Zaliukas arent you?? ;)

well said mate. i too am proud of the big man for coming to a foreign country and a different and often hostile culture and doing his level best to improve as a player, which he has done, and make an excellent contribution to the club. as well as that, he's had to do so against a backdrop of criticism and abuse. he seems to have taken all of the criticism very well and doesn't let it affect him. he's behaved with dignity, more so than some fans.

if and when he does get a move somewhere else for ?1M - ?2M, it will be because he is worth that amount.... no other reason.

if and when he does get a move somewhere else for ?1M - ?2M, it will be because he is worth that amount.... no other reason.

You are half right. If he gets a move for ?1-2m it will be because the buyer is completely off their trolley.

You are half right. If he gets a move for ?1-2m it will be because the buyer is completely off their trolley.

i was hoping someone would say that.

eh no.

that would basically be saying that any prospective buyer doesn't have any clue about the value of the player and is paying way over the odds for a poor player. i think that's being a tad disrespectful of any possible buyer.

myself, i'll defer to the superior knowledge of the people within the game and accept that zaliukas is worth ?1M if someone pays ?1M for him.

How's about this for a FACT.

David Obua has played in 13 games for Hearts, 9 of which have been wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat. In these 13 games we've conceeded 6 goals.

Based on this FACT, I take it everyone on this thread would have Obua in the team every single week because it guarantees championship form???

Can't go picking the team on anything other than facts now can we?

It used to annoy me so much that when Dennis Wyness made a mistake everyone would get on his back immediately, but when someone like Severin made a similar mistake everyone would applaud the good intention/idea. Its just the same with Zaliukas, Berra made an absolute howler against Killie which has barely been mentioned, but if it had been big Zal we'd have had 30 pages. Eggert Jonsson rarely goes through a game without making a wee mistake or two, but he's managed to keep himself above the relentless criticism threshold that exists for our young players, that sees them cast as either the next big thing or the worst player to wear maroon and nothing in between. So at the moment Eggert is a superstar in the making which makes him infinitely preferrable to big, bad, on loan, Lith, fax manager picked Zaliukas but I remember the (short lived) days when both Elliot and Mole were going to be superstars and got the same kind of attention as Glen now gets and look what happened to them. Jonsson will certainly go through a rough patch at some point in his development, and we don't want that happening when he's playing at centre back. Zaliukas is probably neither better or worse than Jonsson but he's bigger, stronger and more experienced and that makes it a no brainer for me.

David Obua has played in 13 games for Hearts, 9 of which have been wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat. In these 13 games we've conceeded 6 goals.

Based on this FACT, I take it everyone on this thread would have Obua in the team every single week because it guarantees championship form???

It used to annoy me so much that when Dennis Wyness made a mistake everyone would get on his back immediately, but when someone like Severin made a similar mistake everyone would applaud the good intention/idea. Its just the same with Zaliukas, Berra made an absolute howler against Killie which has barely been mentioned, but if it had been big Zal we'd have had 30 pages. Eggert Jonsson rarely goes through a game without making a wee mistake or two, but he's managed to keep himself above the relentless criticism threshold that exists for our young players, that sees them cast as either the next big thing or the worst player to wear maroon and nothing in between. So at the moment Eggert is a superstar in the making which makes him infinitely preferrable to big, bad, on loan, Lith, fax manager picked Zaliukas but I remember the (short lived) days when both Elliot and Mole were going to be superstars and got the same kind of attention as Glen now gets and look what happened to them. Jonsson will certainly go through a rough patch at some point in his development, and we don't want that happening when he's playing at centre back. Zaliukas is probably neither better or worse than Jonsson but he's bigger, stronger and more experienced and that makes it a no brainer for me.

I wish i could of put it in your words earlier in the thread and stop all this debating with drylaw mourinho and Sven Goran Jammy T

We_are_the_Hearts

Well said.

It could be argued that when Obua makes a mistake we lose the ball at the top end of the park, but when Zal makes mistake we're far more likely to lose a goal.

It could be argued that when Obua makes a mistake we lose the ball at the top end of the park, but when Zal makes mistake we're far more likely to lose a goal.

True, but I think the point being made about the use of statistics is a fair one though. It can be a bit too simplistic at times.

The reason being that Zaluiukas makes them on a regular basis. If Berra made them every week he'd get pelters as well. Zaliukas gets away with some as well as costing us goals btw, he made two shockers in the first 20 minutes at ER but got away with both.

Zaliukas makes far more basic errors than is healthy.

The reason being that Zaluiukas makes them on a regular basis. If Berra made them every week he'd get pelters as well. Zaliukas gets away with some as well as costing us goals btw, he made two shockers in the first 20 minutes at ER but got away with both.

Zaliukas makes far more basic errors than is healthy.

Thats only because Balogh lets them in when Zali makes mistakes though. :P

totally agree re the statistics argument.

stats can only tell part of the story. it may be true that one player's errors result in goals more of the time than another player's errors, but that doesn't excuse the player who makes an error which doesn't result in a goal. what a daft situation it would be if the crowd groaned at one player's error if the opposing striker hits the target and simply forgets about another player's error if the striker makes a complete shops front of the resulting chance.

What a ****e article. Where does Zaliukas actually say he won't forgive Brines? Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't say that at all. What he does say, which is far more sensible than the headline would suggest is:

"What makes it worse is that it was a bad decision which got me the suspension. But that is football, sometimes decisions go against you even though they are wrong and you just have to get on with it"

****-stirring load of cack.

I was about to post the very same thing.

Terrible journalism.

like at Easter Road? Twice!

Berra's mistakes at Killie where worse than Zal's at Easter Road, Zal had a great performance at ER.

Berra's mistakes at Killie where worse than Zal's at Easter Road, Zal had a great performance at ER.

worse than his passback to Riordan? I think not. and he had a good second half and shocking first half in the cup game.

Amazing the manure on here. Most of our defenders (including Berra) have had pelters on here and yet our coach has got them by and large working pretty well. As mainly a reader rather than writer can I suggest some people take a month's holiday from their PC and keep their prejudices to themselves ? By the way is that how the clown version spelt his name?

worse than his passback to Riordan? I think not. and he had a good second half and shocking first half in the cup game.

I was talking about the cup game? You will have to let me know what ER game you are talking about, you cant just go off in your own world.

His first half was good in the cup game. Check the player ratings thread if you must.

I was talking about the cup game? You will have to let me know what ER game you are talking about, you cant just go off in your own world.

His first half was good in the cup game. Check the player ratings thread if you must.

I meant he got bailed out by Balogh twice at Easter Road, once in each game. I'm no particularly slagging Zaliukas off btw, I started off saying that Berra gets less stick cause he makes a lot less mistakes. that said, I'm no his biggest fan. I like my world for what it's worth;)

aye, player ratings will convince me he was good. He made two big mistakes and got lucky in that first half.

I meant he got bailed out by Balogh twice at Easter Road, once in each game. I'm no particularly slagging Zaliukas off btw, I started off saying that Berra gets less stick cause he makes a lot less mistakes. that said, I'm no his biggest fan. I like my world for what it's worth;)

aye, player ratings will convince me he was good. He made two big mistakes and got lucky in that first half.

Are you suggesting to me that a survey of Hearts fans that viewed the game either on television or live at the match is not an indicator of his general level of performance?

Would you say that a player ratings thread of typical 50 replies with a rating of general performance, calculating the average of the rating would give an inaccurate level of performance indication?

i was hoping someone would say that.

eh no.

that would basically be saying that any prospective buyer doesn't have any clue about the value of the player and is paying way over the odds for a poor player. i think that's being a tad disrespectful of any possible buyer.

myself, i'll defer to the superior knowledge of the people within the game and accept that zaliukas is worth ?1M if someone pays ?1M for him.

Makela

Petric

Besijla

Pinilla etc etc etc etc etc

Are you suggesting to me that a survey of Hearts fans that viewed the game either on television or live at the match is not an indicator of his general level of performance?

Would you say that a player ratings thread of typical 50 replies with a rating of general performance, calculating the average of the rating would give an inaccurate level of performance indication?

I'm saying that having been there and witnessed it with my own eyes, I'm no going to change my opinion of his performance based on the player ratings thread. A player ratings thread that was skewed upwards by virtue of us having dumped Hibs out the cup for what it's worth. If either of his big mistakes had cost us a goal, his player rating would have been a lot lower. I think I gave him 5 or 6 myself based on the fact that he improved a great deal but it didn't obscure his mistakes.

Makela

Petric

Besijla

Pinilla etc etc etc etc etc

again, highly predictable. those are HEARTS buys. not every club is run as badly as hearts were back when those players were signed.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i hope zal goes home soon. kaunus is his level.

brines is a total discgrace but did us a favour in disguise in that he was banned.

he makes so many mistakes and they are usually huge mistakes. even if he goes through a run of 3 or 4 games, maybe more he will be prone to an error soon after.

dont dislike the guy in any way, just dont think he is good enough. would rather see youth get a chance, or possibly stick eggert in there

I'm saying that having been there and witnessed it with my own eyes, I'm no going to change my opinion of his performance based on the player ratings thread. A player ratings thread that was skewed upwards by virtue of us having dumped Hibs out the cup for what it's worth. If either of his big mistakes had cost us a goal, his player rating would have been a lot lower. I think I gave him 5 or 6 myself based on the fact that he improved a great deal but it didn't obscure his mistakes.

Hold up! So you only give Zali a 5, because his mistake could of cost us a goal, but Berra's mistake at Killie that could have cost us a goal means Berra gets a 5 for his performance too then surely?

I wish i could of put it in your words earlier in the thread and stop all this debating with drylaw mourinho and Sven Goran Jammy T

Not once have I said he shouldnt be in the team - I have just consistently maintained he is gash

Much the same way that C-B maintains Neilson is gash no matter the weather

Dont follow C-B's prompting on how to debate / argue. One of them is enough....

again, highly predictable. those are HEARTS buys. not every club is run as badly as hearts were back when those players were signed.

You have never thought that a player signed by another club - perhaps a well run club - has been overpriced?

I have just consistently maintained he is gash

How many times you seen him play this season?

Serious question.

Hold up! So you only give Zali a 5, because his mistake could of cost us a goal, but Berra's mistake at Killie that could have cost us a goal means Berra gets a 5 for his performance too then surely?

I never commented on the Killie game for player ratings as I wasn't there. Zaliukas made more than one mistake (i think it was actually 6 I gave him, but anyway) so I marked him down. I would do the same with any player as I don't have an agenda against any of them. I do however think it is inarguable that a player who is consistently one of our best like Berra will get more leeway for a mistake than Zaliukas does because he makes them less often.

How many times you seen him play this season?

Serious question.

Around 8 full games

And if you can be ersed searching I have, on the occasions he has performed competently, acknowledged this.

But my general point remains that we have a higher ratio of clean sheets when he isnt in the team.

This leads me to a personal opinion that we certainly dont miss him when he is in the team and that there should at least be some sort of thought process that he may not be the best person at the club to partner Berra.

And if in isolation this seems like an anti-Romanov inspired opinion then that is unfortunate. I could quite happily list what I consider to be the flaws of Neilson, or Stewart, or Obua, or Mole, or Elliot if anyone wants some sort of "prove you dont just hate Romanov and this means you hate Zaliukas" pish.

I dont hate the guy, he is a decent enough squad player.

Around 8 full games

And if you can be ersed searching I have, on the occasions he has performed competently, acknowledged this.

But my general point remains that we have a higher ratio of clean sheets when he isnt in the team.

This leads me to a personal opinion that we certainly dont miss him when he is in the team and that there should at least be some sort of thought process that he may not be the best person at the club to partner Berra.

And if in isolation this seems like an anti-Romanov inspired opinion then that is unfortunate. I could quite happily list what I consider to be the flaws of Neilson, or Stewart, or Obua, or Mole, or Elliot if anyone wants some sort of "prove you dont just hate Romanov and this means you hate Zaliukas" pish.

I dont hate the guy, he is a decent enough squad player.

"I have consistently maintained he is gash"

You have never thought that a player signed by another club - perhaps a well run club - has been overpriced?

it happens i grant you but i wouldn't presume to know better than a professional football club and/or manager.... especially one which is unkown.

if zali goes for ?1M-?2M then i will first presume that the buyer knows more about the player's value than i do.

it happens i grant you but i wouldn't presume to know better than a professional football club and/or manager.... especially one which is unkown.

if zali goes for ?1M-?2M then i will first presume that the buyer knows more about the player's value than i do.

Good for you. I would think that the buyer is off their trolley.

Not sure I would agree with all of the players being included in this list, but perhaps you think that the price equalled the value of most?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2096584.ece

Good for you. I would think that the buyer is off their trolley.

Not sure I would agree with all of the players being included in this list, but perhaps you think that the price equalled the value of most?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2096584.ece

like i said, it happens that some players go for way too much. often it's players with bigger reputations than zaliukas.

still it's all about opinions. the simple fact is that i think zali is better than you do. we will have to deal with it and move on.

You have a low threshold as to what hatred entails :eek:

How many decent squad players are consistently gash. You know what i was meaning you silly boy!

How many decent squad players are consistently gash. You know what i was meaning you silly boy!

I think with the squad we have got Mole and Elliot are decent enough squad players, yet they are consistently gash when in the team

I think Obua has potential, yet he has been fairly consistently gash since his arrival. He used to lack effort and be gash, now he is putting more effort in but is still relatively gash when in the team.

Jose last season was consistently gash when played, yet with the squad we had (eg only him and Wallace for left back) he was a decent squad player to have.

Michael Stewart is inconsistently gash but yet is a good squad player to have.

All these players listed, plus Zaliukas, with the squad we have, are decent enough squad players but shouldnt be a permanent fixture in the team, as, it is fairly well established that if they are they are consistently gash.

Its a measure of the squad we have more than me contradicting myself...

I think with the squad we have got Mole and Elliot are decent enough squad players, yet they are consistently gash when in the team

I think Obua has potential, yet he has been fairly consistently gash since his arrival. He used to lack effort and be gash, now he is putting more effort in but is still relatively gash when in the team.

Jose last season was consistently gash when played, yet with the squad we had (eg only him and Wallace for left back) he was a decent squad player to have.

Michael Stewart is inconsistently gash but yet is a good squad player to have.

All these players listed, plus Zaliukas, with the squad we have, are decent enough squad players but shouldnt be a permanent fixture in the team, as, it is fairly well established that if they are they are consistently gash.

Its a measure of the squad we have more than me contradicting myself...

What a long post just to try and get yourself out of a pickle!

Wow I have heard it all now! Someone is a decent squad player when they are consitently "gash" when required to play!!!

Wow I have heard it all now! Someone is a decent squad player when they are consitently "gash" when required to play!!!

I am not sure I get the logic either.

I think that Zaliukas is a reasonable/decent squad player. Would have him 3rd in line behind Berra and Jonsson at the moment. Would not say that he has been consistently gash this season.

I meant he got bailed out by Balogh twice at Easter Road, once in each game. I'm no particularly slagging Zaliukas off btw, I started off saying that Berra gets less stick because his mistakes do not get highlighted on JKB.. that said, I'm no his biggest fan. I like my world for what it's worth;)

Sorted it for you.

Yet when he has been permanently in the team this season, even some of the Zal haters/doubters have said that he has played well in quite a few games, yet you list him as consistently gash. We do not have a player in our team imo who does not have bad games at times, but neither do we have players who are consistently gash (Robbie used to fall into the consistently gash category, but even he has played well at times this season, Mole this season is the only PLAYER who imo met that criteria, but he is loaned out).

Sorted it for you.

if you like. If you're suggesting that Berra makes anywhere near the amount of basic errors Zaliukas does then you're wrong. Berra has had his shaky times at Hearts, but is consistently far better and more reliable than Zaliukas. This season in particular.

Drylaw Hearts
You are not in a position to accurately judge and until Csaba stops getting results, there is not much more you can do than accuse people above of making Csaba play Zaliukas. This is a lie that you shouldnt pedal.

Is it really a lie ?

When Csaba went through 2 sticky patches and Zaliukas was out of form he still played him.

He also played him in Pre-Season without giving Karapidis a chance to prove himself there which was harsh considering he's been in that position from January untill May.

Archived