Zaliukas comments on Brines

Coco

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts39-Zaliukas-won39t-forgive-ref.4902150.jp

Sensible comments from Zaliukas.

But he should not go back in the side next week. We are a better side without him in it, with fewer goals conceded. First choice defence - Neilson-Jonsson-Berra-Wallace.

Not convinced you can come to that conclusion based on the couple of games Zal has been out for...

Ian Brines has the observation skills of a blind man!

Zaliukas is correct in what he is saying but agree that he is overall not good enough to play in the first team.

I admit that he has had his good games but the bad ones are what stand out.

Not convinced you can come to that conclusion based on the couple of games Zal has been out for...

He has been suspended 3 times this season for being sent off ... how many goals have we conceded in the games he has missed?

In addition I think that Jonsson is a better centre half.

So that is how I come to that conclusion.

It will be interesting when Brines next comes to Tynie. I'm almost looking forward to it. Although no doubt it will cost us 3 points.

It will be interesting when Brines next comes to Tynie. I'm almost looking forward to it. Although no doubt it will cost us 3 points.

Wonder if he'll get Celtics next game at Tynecastle?

i wish it was only him that costs us 3 points, he is only one of many referrees.

ToadKiller Dog

Dont think we shall see Brines at tynie for the rest of the season,i expect we might get him when away at tannadice.

I am comfortable who ever is picked at the back ,generally they are solid enough .

Guest JamboRobbo
Is it correct that we have not lost a single goal this season when Zaliukas has not been on the pitch?

Case closed then. :D

Karapidis Comments

"While it is always good to score, the main thing is the team winning. If we can do that without scoring then that is okay too"

Eh!? :o

Is it correct that we have not lost a single goal this season when Zaliukas has not been on the pitch?

we've also not conceded a goal when my wife has attended the home matches????

I entirely agree with Coco

In addition we had more clean sheets post Xmas last year without him in the defence

There are a whole list of stats and scores which proves our clean sheet ratio is better without him in the team

I genuinely dont understand why so many people are blind to this fact

Perhaps it's more interesting to see the EEN stating as fact that it was the WRONG decision and also placing scorn on Brines decision not to alter his position :D

I think so

Both in games after he was sent off and in games where he has been suspended

I think we have not conceded a goal in those periods

loveofthegame

Hadn't realised that, an interesting fact.

Tactically, positionally and temperamentally, Zaliukas is and always has been a complete liability when he is on the pitch.

I will raise a large glass the day he finally leaves.

I entirely agree with Coco

In addition we had more clean sheets post Xmas last year without him in the defence

There are a whole list of stats and scores which proves our clean sheet ratio is better without him in the team

I genuinely dont understand why so many people are blind to this fact

there are lies, dammed lies and stats ;)

another have a dig at zaliukas thread

:sobored:

No its actually a debate about whether or not we lose goals when he is out of the team.

The answer appears to be - not as many

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts39-Zaliukas-won39t-forgive-ref.4902150.jp

Sensible comments from Zaliukas.

But he should not go back in the side next week. We are a better side without him in it, with fewer goals conceded. First choice defence - Neilson-Jonsson-Berra-Wallace.

What a ****e article. Where does Zaliukas actually say he won't forgive Brines? Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't say that at all. What he does say, which is far more sensible than the headline would suggest is:

"What makes it worse is that it was a bad decision which got me the suspension. But that is football, sometimes decisions go against you even though they are wrong and you just have to get on with it"

****-stirring load of cack.

This season we've conceeded 22 goals in 21 games when Zaliukas has played.

In the games without Zaliukas, we won 1-0 away at St Mirren, drew 0-0 at home with Hibs and beat Kilmarnock 2-0 at Rugby Park. St Mirren have scored 6 times in their 11 home games, Kilmarnock have scored 9 at home and Hibs 11 away from home.

Hardly definitive proof that Zaliukas is a bombscare IMHO, and I for one will welcome him back into the team.

In the games without Zaliukas, we won 1-0 away at St Mirren, drew 0-0 at home with Hibs and beat Kilmarnock 2-0 at Rugby Park. St Mirren have scored 6 times in their 11 home games, Kilmarnock have scored 9 at home and Hibs 11 away from home.

Hardly definitive proof that Zaliukas is a bombscare IMHO, and I for one will welcome him back into the team.

You forgot to add the well kent other Zaliukas argument that there are always a lot of other players to blame when we are talking about his errors and bombscare moments.

Like its always Neilsons fault anyway...

Francis Albert
Tactically, positionally and temperamentally, Zaliukas is and always has been a complete liability when he is on the pitch.

I will raise a large glass the day he finally leaves.

Just a touch OTT perhaps? Is and always has been? What about the home game v Rangers. A complete liability? We must have some squad otherwise if we can be where we are in the league with a complete liability in central defence along with (according to many on here) "average" goalkeepers and "it's like playing with 10 men" Obua.

Francis Albert
You forgot to add the well kent other Zaliukas argument that there are always a lot of other players to blame when we are talking about his errors and bombscare moments.

Like its always Neilsons fault anyway...

I've not forgotten it. Has there been a single comment on JKB about Berra's "bombscare" moment on Saturday when he let Fernandez through on goal, only for Fernandez to ballon it 30 feet over the goal? If it had been Zal we'd have had at least a three page analysis of the error.

We conceded 2 against Celtic when he was on the field, none after he was sent off. Didn't concede against Aberdeen after he was sent off. And what was his other sending off? Can't remember.

(Have re-read the original EN piece, read it wrong. 2 red cards so far this season - Aberdeen and Celtic). No goals conceded after he was sent off in either game.

Carl Spackler
Karapidis Comments

"While it is always good to score, the main thing is the team winning. If we can do that without scoring then that is okay too"

Eh!? :o

Other team OG. That's definitely what he was thinking about when he said that. Definitely!

Just a touch OTT perhaps? Is and always has been? What about the home game v Rangers. A complete liability? We must have some squad otherwise if we can be where we are in the league with a complete liability in central defence along with (according to many on here) "average" goalkeepers and "it's like playing with 10 men" Obua.

OK, maybe a touch. ;)

I will admit that, rather curiously, Zal seems to do quite well against Rangers and Celtic. I guess it's because he keeps it simple and plays safety first in those games. He worries me a lot more when we are playing the rest of the dross in the league, and he suddenly turns into Franz Beckenbauer (at least in his head). He seems especially determined to gift Hibs a goal at Easter Road this season. It's thanks only to one of our average goalkeepers that he hasn't managed to do it yet.

Thunderstruck

Given that his greatest detractors have never been able to find it within themselves to praise Zaliukas when he has a good game, their repeated and frankly illogical criticism has about as much value as a Royal Bank share certificate.

IIRC, he may even have been a JKB MoM or a close second this season.

I think quoting last week as an example of how tight our defense is without Zaliukis must have been made by a blind person or someone who knows diddly or maybe both. Still I am sure they know more than our coach! Probably the same folk who thought we were better with Eggert than Robbie? By the way I think Eggert is a great prospect and his adaptability is useful to us but may hinder finding his best role.

zaliukas is miles better than he's made out to be, although it would be blinkered to suggest that he doesn't make mistakes. surely the most important point though is that berra, wallace, neilson, jonsson and karipidis all make mistakes too.

just as mikoliunas has a reputation for supposed diving antics when others do it just as much if not more, zaliukas seems to have the same undeserved reputation for being a bombscare.

we have coped just fine without zaliukas because we have another tremendous player in jonsson. just wait for the time when jonsson has to deputise for berra instead of zali, we might just look far less secure then we do at present. i highly doubt zaliukas will look as comfortable beside jonsson, and the same goes for jonsson too.

we are very lucky to have a decent CH like zaliukas, just as we are at having a real stand-out CH in berra, and just as we are to have versatile players like jonsson and karipidis.

maybe it's time we started counting our blessings rather than picking over the faults.

zaliukas is miles better than he's made out to be, although it would be blinkered to suggest that he doesn't make mistakes. surely the most important point though is that berra, wallace, neilson, jonsson and karipidis all make mistakes too.

just as mikoliunas has a reputation for supposed diving antics when others do it just as much if not more, zaliukas seems to have the same undeserved reputation for being a bombscare.

we have coped just fine without zaliukas because we have another tremendous player in jonsson. just wait for the time when jonsson has to deputise for berra instead of zali, we might just look far less secure then we do at present. i highly doubt zaliukas will look as comfortable beside jonsson, and the same goes for jonsson too.

we are very lucky to have a decent CH like zaliukas, just as we are at having a real stand-out CH in berra, and just as we are to have versatile players like jonsson and karipidis.

maybe it's time we started counting our blessings rather than picking over the faults.

Are you nuts!!? This is JKB - we've no need for your rational thinking!!! :laugh:

Well said Fran. Zali takes part in an Evening Spews article and what do we get on here, have a go at Zali bilge. If we're talking about defensive errors, Berra is, at times, a walking " in-off " disaster, but I, for one, wouldn't have a go at him for leaving his toe, butt, knee, or most other parts of his anatomy, available to deflect the ball into our net!!! Geeeez, gie this type of gratuitous criticism a rest! So unnecessary Coco, IMO. By the way, are you that clown??!!:whistling::282:

Are you nuts!!? This is JKB - we've no need for your rational thinking!!! :laugh:

don't worry, these moments of rationality come and go. :)

Well said Fran. Zali takes part in an Evening Spews article and what do we get on here, have a go at Zali bilge. If we're talking about defensive errors, Berra is, at times, a walking " in-off " disaster, but I, for one, wouldn't have a go at him for leaving his toe, butt, knee, or most other parts of his anatomy, available to deflect the ball into our net!!! Geeeez, gie this type of gratuitous criticism a rest! So unnecessary Coco, IMO. By the way, are you that clown??!!:whistling::282:

Here here. He sat beside me early on in the season when he was out and he was giving the ref wot for and on his feet when we scored too. He is a top geezer, obviously passionate and imho turning from a liability into an asset for Hearts. Like most of the youngsters we have they needed a bit of confidence after the last couple of seasons and it's coming good now.

Mon the JT's

It is gratuitous criticism to point out that we have not conceded when Zaliukas has not been on the field? And gratuitous criticism to suggest that I think that Jonsson is a better defender?

Feel free to point out any gratuitous criticism from me on this thread.

He has been suspended 3 times this season for being sent off ... how many goals have we conceded in the games he has missed?

In addition I think that Jonsson is a better centre half.

So that is how I come to that conclusion.

I agree. I think it is fairly obvious our defence is more solid without Zal. I don't see why anyone would disagree.

Miller Jambo 60

If he does im getting armed up to the back teeth with, yes you have guessed,

COFFEE

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What is it about Zaliukas threads that turns everybody into a bellend - chucking around huge generalisations, accusing anybody who takes the opposite side of being unreasonable or worse, and sticking religiously to the point of view that reflects their opinions on Romanov?

We conceded 2 against Celtic when he was on the field, none after he was sent off.

a total moo point . . . celtic felt no need to push on having already scored two goals and had a man advantage, we posed NO threat at ANY time. if you are honestly blaming that defeat on zaliukas you clearly know nothing about football and are just pointing the finger at a player you dont like! there were another 10 players on the park who were equally at fault (we didnt have a shot on target until the 78th minute!)

[Didn't concede against Aberdeen after he was sent off.

firstly he shouldnt have been sent off

wasnt at the game, but seem to remember that the goal was more our defence collectively's inability to clear a ball at several occasions

a total moo point . . . celtic felt no need to push on having already scored two goals and had a man advantage, we posed NO threat at ANY time. if you are honestly blaming that defeat on zaliukas you clearly know nothing about football and are just pointing the finger at a player you dont like! there were another 10 players on the park who were equally at fault (we didnt have a shot on target until the 78th minute!)

[Didn't concede against Aberdeen after he was sent off.

firstly he shouldnt have been sent off

wasnt at the game, but seem to remember that the goal was more our defence collectively's inability to clear a ball at several occasions

I am not blaming Zaliukas for the Celtic defeat. And I know very well that Celtic had no need to try to score after their goals, the sending off and Laszlo's capitulation. Zaliukas made a mistake, got on the wrong side and fouled the player, deserved to be sent off. Many defenders make that mistake.

I agree that he should not have been sent off against Aberdeen. I can't remember if he was marking Miller when Miller was given too much space by one of our defenders though.

I was pointing out some FACTs that is all.

Zaliukas got the wrong side of a clearly off-side player? That one takes biscuit Coco. :)

I didn't think he was offside. Neither did the officials.

Charlie-Brown
I didn't think he was offside. Neither did the officials.

Despite tv evidence to the contrary showing McDonald was at least a yard ahead? You could be Brines buddy with that similar failure to see what's in front of your own eyes.

Despite tv evidence to the contrary showing McDonald was at least a yard ahead? You could be Brines buddy with that similar failure to see what's in front of your own eyes.

That is not what I remember. Feel free to have another opinion though.

Charlie-Brown
That is not what I remember. Feel free to have another opinion though.

Tv evidence also showed the foul occured outside the box and hence should not have been a penalty either - so that was 3 mistakes the match officials made in one incident - failure to give offside, not a penalty, thus Zaliukas should not have been sent off if the match officials hadn't made their errors leading up to that decision.

Tv evidence also showed the foul occured outside the box and hence should not have been a penalty either - so that was 3 mistakes the match officials made in one incident - failure to give offside, not a penalty, thus Zaliukas should not have been sent off if the match officials hadn't made their errors leading up to that decision.

As I said, feel free to have your own opinion. Mine was and is that the officials got the decisions right.

Charlie-Brown
As I said, feel free to have your own opinion. Mine was and is that the officials got the decisions right.

Jeez your some Hearts supporter that you agree with the wrong decisions that lead to the incorrect sending off of a Hearts player simply because for your own reasons you decide you don't like him very much - it is not my opinion that the match officials were wrong - independant video evidence shows this to be the case. :mw_rolleyes:

Archived