Greatest EVER Hearts Goal???

JT Wooks

Midfield Dynamo
austin mcanns must be up there

Not only a great strike, but that goal won me ?150.00 from Ladbrokes.

So to sum it up for me, this is the best goal.

Opinions are like ars*holes......every body has one.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off the topic but Gary Mackay's goal for Scotland that let in the Irish to the World Cup finals [i think} was a bit special.

Just to be different, Roald Jensens opener in the cup semi against Morton at Hampden, and again, apologies if the brains not ticking, but Rene Moller against Dundee United in that 6 5 game... was that not his debut?

But some crackers mentioned.

johnny the jambo

anyone remember jose quitongo against celtic in the last minute at tynie.. scrappiest goal ever, but remember feeling that we were goin on to win the title and the cup.. the party that night was totally mental

anyone remember jose quitongo against celtic in the last minute at tynie.. scrappiest goal ever, but remember feeling that we were goin on to win the title and the cup.. the party that night was totally mental

I then scuttled through to the Barrowlands to see Primal Scream that night. What a top top day

I then scuttled through to the Barrowlands to see Primal Scream that night. What a top top day

Same here. Great gig, made even better by bumping into Craig Burley and a couple of other Celtic players after it on George Square.

In the days when the ball wasn't meant to swing about like it does today:

Willie Wallace with two long range shots - - one v Rangers in a 4-2 win at Tyne, and I think the other was same score v Celtic.

Willie Hamilton's dazzler, when he beat the whole twice before scoring!!!

Best I've ever seen in my time watching Hearts, was Ricardo's Fuller's goal against Motherwell. Sheer brilliance is the only way to describe it.

YouTube link, anyone?

John Colquhoun Hearts v Motherwell Cup 4-0 Scottish Tie.

Mazy run from inside his own half. Beat about 4 players, rounding the keeper to slot into an empty net.

Special mention to;-

Robbo at Dundee utd

Fuller v Motherwell

Fergie v Bayern

Hartley free kick v hubz at Hampden

Snodin v Prague

Mcpherson blockbuster v sheep, (late 80s)

Naysmith blockbuster v sheep, (97/98)

McCann v Celtic

If anyone from Hearts is reading this:

How about a DVD: 50 greatest Hearts goals?

Buffalo Bill

IMHO without doubt my fav goal was big Phils at ER 02/11/02.

One down Mixu and two goals in the last 10 mins. Wot a team we had. real team spirit and desire. a mad moose who could play anywhere, stamp who was a rotund genius in the hoose bbq hero and the ball from 18 yr old Paul Jancyk for the winner. I was in the upper centre stand that night and usually impecably behaved for the derby's but couldn't contain myself and stood up, punched the air and turned round to watch the Hibees trooping away heads bowed. That was my fav goal and prob fav derby so far.

Alex MacDonald

In no particular order but all memorable and emotional moments.....

Robbo v Dundee Utd '86

Austin McCann v Celtic '03

Naysmith v Aberdeen '98

Colquhoun v M'well '90

Colquhoun v Dundee '89

Prentice (playing for Scotland U23's) v Denmark '76

Prentice v Dumbarton & M'boro or Southampton '76 (both stunning mazy dribbles)

Adam v Rangers '98

MacKay v Dundee '86

McPherson v Aberdeen '87

Hartley v Aberdeen '06

Busby v Celtic '78

Robbo v Rangers '84

some crackers there.

The Frenchmans at Darkhied against the Huns in 98.................first season ticket for my son that year and his first final oh how I recall that one with fond memories. Diehard Hun numpty who I knew and usually never spoke to me shook my hand with congratulations the next day and said he had no hard feelings after he saw how much it meant to not only the fans but JJ et al....magic

In my opinion, Cameron's penalty in '98 should be mentioned a whole lot more than it is. Scoring a pen in a game of that magnitude takes a lot of bollocks - and had he missed, we could quite easily have gone to pieces. Plus JJ's 4-5-1, letting Rangers come at us might have worked rather less well had it still been scoreless.

Not seen another mention of JC`s volley v DU in Scottish Cup semi in 1986?

Was anyone else there apart from me???:tongue:;):108years:

Jimbo Robertson

John Colquhoun's v Well, Scottish Cup 4th round 1990. Mazy run from his own half beating the entire Well team and slipping it into the net.

Cappuccino Kid
One of my favourites, a bit of an obscure one - George Cowie v St. Johnstone from just in side the half way line, circa 1983

Can't believe it took 90 posts before Cowies goal got a mention. A great goal indeed.

Archived